John Mayer Goes For The Grammys

John Mayer Goes For The Grammys

John Mayer performs at the Grammy Award Nomination Concert at the Nokia Theater in LA on Wednesday.

Radiohead, Robert Plant, Alison Krauss, Sullivan, and John Mayer all got five Grammy nominations each.

“I think the Oscars for years had a grand announcement to drum up excitement about their event, and it’s great to see that music is getting that same treatment now,” Mayer said. “I need to just go away. I’m tired of me. You see me so much on the blogs, I mean, come on,” he said of the media attention.

Click inside for the full list of 2009 Grammy Nominees…

Album of the Year
• Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends, Coldplay
• Tha Carter III, Lil Wayne
• Year of the Gentleman, Ne-Yo
• Raising Sand, Robert Plant & Alison Krauss
• In Rainbows, Radiohead

Record of the Year
• “Chasing Pavements,” Adele
• “Viva la Vida,” Coldplay
• “Bleeding Love,” Leona Lewis
• “Paper Planes,” M.I.A.
• “Please Read the Letter,” Robert Plant & Alison Krauss

Song of the Year
• “American Boy,” William Adams, Keith Harris, Josh Lopez, Caleb Speir, John Stephens, Estelle Swaray & Kanye West, songwriters (Estelle featuring Kanye West)
• “Chasing Pavements,” Adele Adkins & Eg White, songwriters (Adele)
• “I’m Yours,” Jason Mraz, songwriter (Jason Mraz)
• “Love Song,” Sara Bareilles, songwriter (Sara Bareilles)
• “Viva La Vida,” Guy Berryman, Jonny Buckland, Will Champion & Chris Martin, songwriters (Coldplay)

Best New Artist

• The Bachelorette's Andi Dorfman addresses pregnancy rumors- Gossip Cop
  • Louie has been renewed for one more season- Entertainment Weekly
  • Miley Cyrus is the latest victim of an internet death hoax- Huffington Post
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip
  • Genevieve Morton shows off her sexy bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

papaer planes MIA? ahhahaahahahahahahhahaha ok that’s not right

I would like to see Robert Plant and Aliston Krause get album of the year

I’m FIRST!!!!
Ha ha ha . Never thought that I would be.

I really, really like John Mayer. I really like John for Jennifer.
I hope that they can stay together for years and years,
and longer if they are happy together. I like his music.
I like her comedy.

I am glad that he is letting his hair grow out a little more.

Not impressed by JA @ 12/04/2008 at 12:49 pm

OMG !!! Don’t forget your PAMPERS diaper John ! I know the Grammies are the sh*t ! LOL

When John Mayer and B B King sang and played together last night just wonderful

Who sings, “We’re Still Having Fun, And You’re Still The ONE?”

Is it The Eagles, Chicago? or who???

I wanna dedicate this song to Jen and John:

Anonymous @ 12/04/2008 at 1:17 pm

Jen and John are not a couple. it was an act.

Go John!!!!! 5 nominations that´s huge!!!!!!!!!!!

Wonder if Jen is going…hope so…they make such a beautiful couple.

OMG he complaing about too much media attention, when he is the one always looking for it.
Why is this mans stupidity outshining his creativity and talent???

TAKE JEN!!!!!

I WANT TO SEE HER THERE!!!!!!!!!

not a fan @ 12/04/2008 at 2:11 pm

no!!!!keep horse face chinnifer home where she should be at all times, Jen take notes from john and stay the heck out of the spot light for a while, stay away from the ivy for attention, i do want john and Jen together so she can stop associating her self with her ex-husband finally. enough already, please lord let them work out.

I really liked John Mayer and B B King’s performance last night. I hope
John wins the 5 Grammy’s. I also like Robert Plant and Allison Krauss

I like John and Jen together. If it is to be for them, I wish them happiness!

I can not believe how horrible John Mayer sounded with BB King!!
HE CAN NOT play blues .. period.. he made bb sound like ****.
His singing sucked and so did his playing. .give it up John and stick to your sappy love songs!!! Geez..

JONASSSSSSSSSSS BBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOTTTTTHHHHHHHHERRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!
WOOHH
LMAOO =]

ace tomato @ 12/04/2008 at 4:25 pm

Does anyone else find it amusing Mayer has his head shaved exactly like Pitt in “Mr. & Mrs Smith”?

Okay, it’s probably just me. Still .. . cracks me up

I like John as a musician, he is very talented! However, I do NOT like him as a media personality. He tries way too hard in that department. He needs to grow his hair out, he isn’t good looking enough to sport a shaved head ( I’m not either LOL). He looks terrible with it. Stick to music John, and be more discreet in your personal life and people will embrace him more IMO.

John you and BB King were just amazing!!!

SI @ 12/04/2008 at 1:52 pm
TAKE JEN!!!!!
I WANT TO SEE HER THERE!!!!!!!!!
**********************************************************************************************

He didn’t take Jen. He knows he can do better than her.

“I need to just go away. I’m tired of me.”

Funny he didn’t say anything about taking Aniston with him… :lol:

Real rock please @ 12/04/2008 at 8:34 pm

Coldplay does not now, nor have they ever, ROCKED.

METALLICA rocks.

It’s Jethro Tull all over again. I’m sure they don’t have the guts to reward the REAL best ROCK album of the year. None of those other bands could even play in the same room as Metallica. What’s even worse – if you asked any of them, they’d tell you the same thing.

Jill @ 12/04/2008 at 8:07 pm

“He didn’t take Jen. He knows he can do better than her.”
………………………………………….

uh, sorry, but looks like he did:

Poor Jen fans at it again. Jen looks so desperate so they need her to be linked to any man so Jen can climb up their back for media attention for her sorry dog movie.
Expect alot more of him and the hag while she try to stay in the media light.

———————————————————————————————-

^No kidding douche bag I’m tired of you to. Now go get lost. You can tell he don’t mean it, he think this statement will get him more attention. He is a publicity ho. Jen don’t have nothing for her self.

laura2 @ 12/04/2008 at 8:47 pm

He didn’t take her, honey. She followed him. Just like she followed him all over Europe last summer.

john is so hot and so sexy he’s a great artist i like his music.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All