Katie Holmes: I Loved Notre Dame Academy!

Katie Holmes: I Loved Notre Dame Academy!

Katie Holmes heads to the Gerald Schoenfeld theater in New York City to perform in the Broadway play All My Sons. (Leonardo DiCaprio reportedly watched that performance. The night before, Katie wore a fun pair of lined stockings!)

The 29-year-old actress reminiscenced to NYT about attending Notre Dame Academy in Toledo, Ohio. She shared, “I went to an all girls academy, which I loved because we wore uniforms and really supported each other. We had a lunch table that was meant for six girls and we stuffed about 25 around the table. We all helped each other learn physics and calculus and all those subjects that frankly we didn’t think was necessary at the time. But we got each other through it while looking at YM magazine and Seventeen and making sure our priorities were in order.”

15+ pictures inside of Notre Dame Academy lover Katie Holmes

katie holmes notre dame academy 14
katie holmes notre dame academy 15

Getty
  • Lisa Kudrow completed her jury duty in one day- TMZ
  • Watch the new music video for Hunter Hayes' song "Tattoo"- Just Jared Jr
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip

and how fukn old is she!!!!!!!!!!

stop dressing like a granny and chary blair

act ur age which is younggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

grow ur hair, put on some jeans and t-shirt for gods sakeeeeeeee

BECKY SMITH @ 12/07/2008 at 4:23 pm

Did she break up Ginnifer Goodwin and Chris Klein … Now that he is
single is that why she dresses so sexy at night….to go to do the play…

Does anyone knows where Chris Klein is right now???

I wonder how Leo knows TomKat. Love him.

All those skills in the girls school , must have taught to her be a lifeless , do whatever the **** your husband tells you to, kinda girl…

she is about as interesting as watching paint dry (in humid weather).

Cruise suck @ 12/07/2008 at 4:29 pm

Damn she always looks down. I just hate this family!

Do you ever think that she looks down to watch where she is walking being that she is in heels? Secondly she dresses extremely classy and does not show herself off all of the time. How can you hate there family when you do not even know them personally? What awful things to say. Be positive, she seems happy and she is beautiful.

LolaSvelt @ 12/07/2008 at 4:42 pm

Yeah, she’s not ripping off Victoria Beckham’s style at all…

I actually thought that was her. Silly boring girl (or haggard woman) can’t get her own personality.

I see crazy-cult granny is out for her daily stroll. And look! She’s managing without little Tommy to help escort her or even a Zimmer frame!

AnYIDEApOSH @ 12/07/2008 at 5:06 pm

i don’t know…it’s just me or what, but i find that she is now walking exactly the same as Posh Beckham, first head and second body.

“all girls academy”
don’t be so pompous katie.
call it for what it is…an all girls CATHOLIC school.
nothing wrong with that you know.

oh katie:-)my love

I don’t think she quite pulls the look off, but that coat is to die for!

I never saw the appeal of her. She’s quite average looking with that girl-next-door look. And her range as an actress is limited at best.

The coat isn’t bad, bit it doesn’t work on her. It’s meant for someone petite. Or, maybe it’s that hat. I don’t know, something’s off.

Is she channeling Posh?

Mr. Blonde @ 12/07/2008 at 5:37 pm

What the hell are you talking about, #2?

I think Holmes and DiCaprio met at this event last year, #3.

There was nothing pompous about what she said, #10

tawi-tawi @ 12/07/2008 at 5:46 pm

that coat is gorgeous, but it would look better with pants. or better even skirt if you wear a hat. lovely hat, btw, but of place with this outfit though.

she is a bit boring, but sweet.

xoxoxox you have no clue what you are talking about. Petite = short and whatever you meant by it, it works for tall people or anyone really. Katie is skinny if you meant skinny, a lot of people think petite means small person it really mostly means short. And trench coats look better on tall people. But those coats look good on anyone. You make no sense, you just want to bash katie is all. Or you are jealous you could never afford that coat. I can afford it so I wouldn’t bash her wearing it. I have lots of nice trench coats and leather coats. Sucks to be you!

Katie stole Inspector Gadget’s costume from the set! Her interview with NYT mag didn’t make sense half the time. She rambled from the first movie she saw, to what’s there to do in Ohio, to her dance troupe all in one sentence. It made no logical sense.

Hey, Jared. I think we’re overdosing on the Holmes, Suri, and Tom posts. Can we give this poor family a rest??

More of the Cruise family!

I adore & I am their humble subject! Tom & katie are the God & Goddess!

Re: L @ 12/07/2008 at 5:47 pm

********.

The coat is short-waisted and Katie is very long. It doesn’t work on her. If you think it does, then you should just say so, which, by the way, you didn’t say. LOL.

ugh….each article of clothing she is wearing is probably expensive…yet, she is so not put together- horrible fashion ‘sense” and can’t even walk right or stand up straight……she needs to go to charm school!

Mr. Blonde @ 12/07/2008 at 6:39 pm

Quit complaining so much, #18.

Katie is cuckoo for cocoa puff @ 12/07/2008 at 6:40 pm

She looks like an idiot with that hat and those extra large sunglasses.

Yeah, Katie…I believe you took calculus and physics. ha ha ha She can’t even spell either word, muchless passed a class in either. If she passed, she cheated. This girl is as dumb as a rock.

Katie is a liar, so why wouldn’t she cheat in school. There’s no other way she could get through. I don’t think she even graduated from high school.

Katie is cuckoo for cocoa puff @ 12/07/2008 at 6:40 pm

She looks like an idiot with that hat and those extra large sunglasses.

katie is just plain cuckoo @ 12/07/2008 at 6:43 pm

Then she says that frankly she didn’t think caculus and physics were necessary at the time.

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

Yeah, Katie…you really use physics and calculus alot being a beard, a ho, and a Dlist wannabe actress!!!

LMAO LMAO LMAO

Re: ugh….each article of clothing she is wearing is probably expensive…yet, she is so not put together- horrible fashion ’sense” and can’t even walk right or stand up straight……she needs to go to charm school!

***********

Amen! Maybe that coat would look different without the goofy hat and a pair of slacks that would match, but as an ensemble, it’s a waste of money.

# 26 katie is just plain cuckoo

LOL!
Hilarious post!!
ITAWY!!

She must have just purchased the coat because she couldn’t wait to pair it up with the right slacks or skirt.

The color is horrible on her. The coat is far too dressy to be worn with jeans and the casual brown bag.

I’m beginning to think she puts together these horrible outfits to shock everyone.

To make matters worse, she didn’t even put on makeup. Tom must have told her that she looks good without makeup. He used the old reverse psychology trick so no other guy would be attracted to her. She’s a loser!

At least we’re not having to look at her tree trunk legs lately.

Maybe she got the message!

the b&w ones are fantastic, she’s so sophisticated there

I was wearing the exact same hat 2 weeks ago in NYC. We saw them in Central Park.

Katie..quit copying me. (The hat looks much better on me)

Katie pass physics and calculus? Oh, please. This girl is such a bimbo, I doubt she had better than a D average overall. Maybe somebody can dig and find her high school transcript scores. Now, that would be funny. If she got a grade better than C, it’s probably because she “banged” for it.

I think we can all agree that Katie needed physics and calculus to know how to spread her legs and get knocked up then lie about the identity of the father.

Yeah, glad she took those physics and calculus courses.
Physics was defiinitely needed to know how to get knocked up and have an illegitimate child.
Calculus was needed to calculate the amount of money she could get her hands on if she latched onto Tom Cruise. lol

It’s not a pretty picture, folks. Wonder why Suri’s real dad hasn’t pursued Suri. Maybe he doesn’t want kids….maybe he doesn’t want to admit that she could be his because he’s afraid of being murdered by the cult if he pursues her.

She’s got stockings on those horse legs of hers.
Damn, I was hoping she keep those heifer thighs undercover.

Moo moo!

i didn’t know she attended Notre Dame.
i’m a Damean myself and i can relate to the things that she mentioned.

BECKY SMITH @ 12/07/2008 at 8:00 pm

Well maybe the truth will come out that is probably what broke up
Chris Klein and Ginnifer Goodwn…

Finding out that he is the father… That is probably where Suri gets
her eyes from..

i don’t get it why some people are so fascinated with this woman. she looks tired all the time and is not a good actress. i don’t even know how she got the role on that broadway cause she sings funny.
i would’ve been probably impressed by her if she worked her way on being an A-lister by making good movies and winning awards but she wanted things to happen fast and worked it the other way around by marrying Tom Cruise.

Lord she looks awful. This woman is in serious need of a stylist.

Regarding the last picture from NY magazine or whatever. I was at a preview for The Reader this Saturday and in one of the last scenes Ralph Fiennes walks into an apartment and there on the wall is a lithograph or whatever of that pose. Isn’t this Katie channeling Greta Garbo?

I really hate this permanent slouch thing she’s got going on. Memo to Katie: Please walk with your shoulders back and your head up. Then maybe we’d believe you when you say you’re a strong woman who calls the shots in her life.

Also, I have to agree with those who say this look doesn’t work on her. It does seem as though she has all these nice clothes and no idea how to wear them.

So Jackie O

Thanks JJ and keep em coming

Dear God,

please be gracious to haters and let them know hell is real.

concerned ones

I love everything about this girl. Her style is old school,chic and fresh.
She has the coolest personnas too.

IGNORE
THE
TROLLS

I follow the fashion icon Katie Holmes. Today I even got some glasses from Tifannys the ones that look like hers also some scarfs and ballet shoes from Wild Pair.

kiterunner @ 12/07/2008 at 10:50 pm

Her and Tom on the T magazine is so Katherine Hepburn and Humphrey Bogart. Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another fellow Notre Dame Alumni. YEAH~~~~~~

Epitomizes class
and grace.
Cant wait for Cruise movie
and the coming movies of KH
also hopefully a win for the Tony’s.

the Bible says @ 12/07/2008 at 10:58 pm

Dont ever judge others but fear God because his glory and own judgment will come. -Revelation 4:6-7

God bless the Cruises….

Jared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
plz stop showin katie homes and tom cruise
IM ****** TIRED OF THEM THERE SO ******
ANNOYING NO ONE LIKES THEM
THEY THINK THERE SO COOL BUT THERE NOT!!!
And ther kid isnt that cute ok!!! alright thanks jared u rule!

im sorry i didnt mean that!! im sorryyyy

love her long sexy legs

True she looks like Jackie Kennedy and Katie is naturally pretty. I think she and Tom are great together.

Mr. Blonde @ 12/07/2008 at 11:48 pm

All of you people are in serious need of a hug-and a life; we can’t forget that.

She doesn’t even sing in the play, #38.

She couldn’t help who she feel in love with and vice versa. The repercussions of that are not her fault.

um, why is she trying to look like V Beckham? She’s too young for that look, it doesn’t suit her. Where’s Katie? I’m all for growing up, but that look’s a bit much.

:)))))))))))))) @ 12/08/2008 at 12:45 am

Thanks Jared

I know Katie before confessed she was major crushing on Tom,Clooney,Brad Pitt,Leonardo and the actor from karate kid. I forgot his name and now Leo watches her play. Awwww.
Tobey Maguire introduced them together before.

I soooo loooove Katie’s jacket!

Why the posts on Chris Klein and Ginnifer Goodwin?
I like Katie’s black/grey outfit. Not so much the coat and jeans.

#61 wrote: “Why the posts on Chris Klein and Ginnifer Goodwin?”

Because Katie used to date Chris. And he and Ginnifer just broke off – and some are saying Katie is the reason.

i think the evening outfit is fine. those leggings are not flattering though. she doesnt have the nicest pair of legs….dark black wouldve been fine.

the other outfit is not so fine. the jacket and hat actually goes together cutely. but jeans definitely ruin it. shouldve just kept it and wore heels. in general, this look obviously ages her but im kind of use to tht look. katie is old.

Cute in a classy way!

she looks like an IDIOT! SHE CANNOT PULL THIS LOOK OFF. EVERYTHING ALWAYS MANAGES TO LOOK CHEAQP ON HER. EVEN HER ERMES BAG. WHAT A FRICKEN WANNA BE. YOU HOARD ALL THIS EXPENSIVE THINGS UP BUT SAD STUPID KATIE… KATE WHATEVER YOUR NAME IS CANNOT EVEN PULL THEM ALL TOGETHER. YOU ARE NOT A FASHIONISTA AND YOU WILL NEVER BE.

oh my oh my..
Mr Blonde aka Mr Orange is still very busy daily defending Katie or Tom or Suri.
You must have a full time job with it Mr Blonde. Not accepting one opinion that dares to express A DIFFERENT opinion to adoring Katie and company.
The weirdos family Cruise-Holmes needs so much attention that you can hardly talk of normal behaviour (we all have eyes and it is not so difficult to compare to how LESS other celebs are in the news). And Katie being a strong personality..?? Tel me another joke.
Someone with anorexia who copies another celeb (Posh. uh where did I get that idea from?) and needs to USE her baby child to stay in the spotlights is not 100% healthy in her head and emotions. You do not have to be a schrink to notice such a things.

She thinks she is Victoria Beckham…poor thing….

Very well put #34. Who knows if the real father knows? KH is such a liar that he may not know. If he finds out what is he to do Tom cruise will do amything from anyone taking a cash cow and PR child who rakes in the publicity. Suri is not his child TC should admit it but he won’t because then he will lose conrol/

So this is the most interesting Katie gets in an interview?
Talk about scratching the bottom of the barrel.
Just more vacuous, boring self indulgent garbage

And btw she omitted the ‘catholic’ element of her education because she is now a member of the cult of $cientology.
And she wouldn’t want to give the catholics any free pr now would she!

BORING
BORING
BORING

and…
those black and white photos of katie are ugly

hmmm….looks like someone finally ponied up for a stylist…..and she thought she could be a fashion designer?????? ****** can’t even dress her d@mn self!

bejeebus @ 12/08/2008 at 10:03 am

Well, I think the stylist needs to be fired. This look just doesn’t work for her. The coat is too high waisted on her body. She isn’t pulling the look off at all. The hat looks ridiculous on her. Part of the problem appears to be she doesn’t know what looks good on her and by experimenting and trying to be a fashion leader, she is failing miserably.
Katie should look at the pictures JJ posted of Gisele Bundchen. Gisele, pulls this look off (although I think the bag is too small for the look) with style, grace, and presence. Gisele wears the clothes. The clothes wear Katie.
I think Katie has the potential to have a dynamite look if she could just find her way in the world of fashion.
However, she should leave designing to the professionals. Everything she has designed that we’ve seen: the blue dress, the white ugly jump suit, the orange monstrosities for her and Suri for Halloween, Tom’s shirt etc. have been truly awful.

AGREE ” DANCER “….I have NEVER understood those ugly, horrific looking man-hat’s…………They do NOT look good on anyone….She must have raided Samantha Ronson’s closet…..The silly hat’s just sit there and do not even fit right…..
Katie dressed well when she lived in L.A.,,,,,,BUT, somehow New York has done something to her fashion sense…….Last year when Katie was talking about her ” school days “, a former classmate wrote in on http://www.popsugar.com, and said that Katie was a ” straight A “, student, and voted ” most likely to succeed ” in her Senior year there….
Whether or not this is true, I don’t know……Anyone could probably check through an old yearbook at a library in her hometown……..She also said, that Katie had a 4 year ” ride “, to college….Maybe someone else from her class will read this and write in to verify this information…

dancer…she does look well dressed….for HER. she is just an awkward looking woman with horrible physical proportions. nothing would look truly “great” on her. the clothes themselves are very nice…she just doesn’t have what it takes to pull them off successfully. she doesn’t usually get even the clothes right…so this IS an improvement. that stylist did the best he/she could with what they had to work with!

Katie…classy
haters….trashy

bejeebus @ 12/08/2008 at 12:40 pm

No, you are right – for her she does look well dressed, but is always awkward or something. However, I think Nicole Kidman looks kind of awkward also, but she always seems to pull off her looks. Can’t quite figure out why Katie looks so bad most of the time. I think it is the pieces she chooses and how she puts them together. They don’t gel. That coat is not good with jeans and it doesn’t look good on her. Guess I don’t understand why when she stands in front of a mirror she doesn’t see that she looks not put together. There have been a few outfits that I thought she was stunning in–that long orange dress she wore with the royal blue shoes for some premiere. Although I think the shoes could have looked better with a different style and color. The dress itself was great for her coloring and the style matched her body proportions. But those successes are few and far inbetween the mediocre.

Katie = Homely, deliousional wanna be talent and fashion icon.

Homely fans = brainless morons with horrid taste

I love that winter coat.

Suri “Money Maker” Cruise!!!

Fake-Daddy Tom has found a way to save his stash of planes and his new mansion.

Since “Daddy” ain’t got no career anymore, little Suri is shaking her money-making finger right up her nose and making Daddy Tom and Ho Katie the money they need to shop on.

Poor little money maker…she turns 3 years old and she’s already working the streets of New York City.

tom @ 12/08/2008 at 1:41 am

#61 wrote: “Why the posts on Chris Klein and Ginnifer Goodwin?”

________________________

I can assure you that they did not break up over Katie. He dumped her, why would he want her back? Believe me, Chris Klein is thankful that he did not marry Katie Holmes because he sees that she is basically a ho and cares only about PR and $$$. Chris probably kisses the floor each night before he goes to bed thanking Tom for taking her. She probably gave Chris herpes though cause she’s got mouth herpes. Disgusting. You know where it comes from??? Ick!

Mr. Blonde @ 12/08/2008 at 7:56 pm

How could Holmes possible be the reason, #62?

I don’t care if people dislike TomKat, #66.

What are they doing that’s abnormal and attention seeking here or anywhere? They’re just living their lives.

Holmes isn’t anorexic and she doesn’t need to use or even can’t use her kid for publicity. She’s famous enough.

Or maybe there’s nothing to admit to and Cruise really is the father, #68.

They’re just clothes, #72. Chill out,

It’s long since been verified, #73. That college was Columbia by the way.

How is Suri a money maker? I thought the pics they took of her were public pics that the Cruises’ do not sell public pics of Suri. I guess Tom Cruise will have to patent her before Joshua Jackson declares himself the father, if he ever does.

Either there’s something really interesting on the concrete, or she’s being coached by Vicky B.

On how to present to the paps

Not only she dresses so well but she’s a role model to many girls and women.

Katie did not have to spread her legs to get ahead, she was a great student at NDA. Maybe some of the other girls there had to, knowing who went there I wouldn’t be surprised. But as for Katie, she knows her stuff! If she did do those kinds of things the entire glass city would know about it.

Browniebites @ 12/10/2008 at 1:43 am

I knew her in the past and most of you are completely wrong about her. It amazes me how quickly you people believe what you read in the tabloids. I thought you were smarter?

Katie is smart, funny, and a very kind and polite person. She came from a respectful family. She never needs makeup to look good. In person she looks very graceful and modelesque. She’s very considerate, and is married to a very famous man. You people are so critical because you’re bored and jealous. :) My two cents. For those of you who insult her clothes/outfits, I’d like to see your pictures? I can already guess you will have no room to talk.

twlightzone @ 12/10/2008 at 7:40 pm

browniebites- lol

don’t believe a word you said about knowing her. ugh!

Katie is DUMB to have married Tom and for all the wrong reasons and now she is “paying for it”.

Nope….no boredom or jealously here. If you think there are no problems with her fashion sense……ummmmm….can’t imagine what YOUR fashion sense is! yuck!

Go back and study some more. LOL

GO KATIE!
we all love you back here in Toledo!
I go to Notre Dame Academy! Mrs. Souliere showed us one of your pieces of artwork you did in pottery in Art I. I hope you come to visit one day!!
GO EAGLES!
OMG and its so true about stuffing 25 girls around the table, we still do that til this day in alumnae hall and the dining hall.
Congrats on all your success Katie!! Hope to see you in the halls of NDA visiting someday :)

Love ya!!!

@nysro:
Actually, I am a sophomore at Notre Dame Academy in Toledo, Ohio. Which is the school Katie attended and NDA teaches us to be independent women. Being inferior to a man is the exact opposite of what we are taught.

@savannah:
I am a sophomore at Notre Dame Academy, the exact school Katie attended, and we are actually an academy as well as an All girls catholic school. But we are a college preporatory Academy.

For everyone who is bashing Notre Dame Academy. I want you to know that Notre Dame is an All girls catholic school as well as a college preporatory ACADEMY. And at NDA we are taught that no one is superior to anyone else. The thought of women being inferior to men is the complete opposite of what NDA teaches us. I am a sophomore at Notre Dame Academy, the same school Katie went to in Toledo Ohio and I am proud to call myself an Eagle! Know your facts before you accuse us of being inferior to men, thanks.

Alexandra @ 09/11/2010 at 7:06 pm

@marissa:

I totally agree with you! I hope we will be able to see her at our school one day!! Anyways, I don’t follow any of this gossip news very much or any of the facts of these people, but I will say that NDA is a great school and its not the school that turns out the students but it is the students who take what they want from the school and then change any of thier opinions or values. Our school teaches a lot of great things and I will only say great things about NDA because it’s such a great school!!

@nysro: Definitely not true! I go to that school and they teach us to be independent… the very opposite of what you claim!

@savannah: The official name of the school is: “Notre Dame Academy”. Yes indeed an all girls private CATHOLIC school. One of the best around.