Heath Ledger's Family: Golden Globe Thankful

Heath Ledger's Family: Golden Globe Thankful

The late Heath Ledger was just honored with a Golden Globe nomination for his work as The Joker in The Dark Knight.

Shortly after, his father, Kim Ledger, and immediate Ledger family issued the following announcement:

“We thank the Hollywood Foreign Press Association for honoring Heath‘s performance in The Dark Knight. This nomination is deeply appreciated and is not lost on those of us who continue to love and miss him. We are so proud that our boy’s work is being recognized in this way.”

Getty

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

He deserves Oscar consideration

I agree he does

Yeah, let’s hope for an Oscar nom.

I think that Josh Brolin and Eddie Marson were better in Milk and Happy-Go-Lucky, respectively.

Spicylily THAILAND @ 12/11/2008 at 12:14 pm

Sure he deserved this honor.
I think he should get awards from ‘ Brokeback Mountian’ too.
He was so good……… so good…… in BM.

Your Matilda is lovley and I’m sure she will grow up well.

I hope that ‘ Batman- The Dark Knight’ production company
give more money Heath deserved to Matilda.

I think ‘ The Dark Knight’ also got the big buzz and earned more than 530 Million USD because of Heath’s tragic incident.

[☆I n F a m o u s☆] @ 12/11/2008 at 12:19 pm

he deserves an oscar.

just watched this movie last night on dvd……Awesome!

I’m really happy about that.

I totally agree with the nomination, he totally deserves it, I never liked the villain but his performance is irrefutably amazing. Everybody out there learn: that’s how you play The Joker, that’s how you play a villain.
To his family and close friends this is the least ultimate honour that Hollywood could give their ever so beloved sun and friend.
Lol
***

He did a great job in this movie; he totally deserves it!

Heath, we miss you.

Heath owned that role. He was amazing. It was such a strech for him too- the voice, the laugh, the posture, the little mannerisms, everything. He truly deserves this.

So sad that he’s gone; I hope he wins. What a tragic loss to the world of performing arts.

GOD BLESS HIS SOUL!!!!!
HE TRULY DESERVES IT

He MORE than deserved this nomination. If he doesn’t win, I personally think it’s an indefinite snub on his behalf. His acting was absolutely mind-boggling. R.I.P Sweet Angel, always missed never forgotten <3

He truly deserved it!! He was an amazing actor! :´(

BECKY SMITH @ 12/11/2008 at 1:46 pm

Isn’t great Heath died the same way the Anna Nicole Smith died..!!
But you have to laugh when you see who Heath is up against….

Really James Franco from Pineapple Express, Tom Cruise and the
heavy manager, and Robert Downey Jr. who had to wear
black make up to play a black man …Than there are the serious actors
Ralph Fiennes and Phillip Seymour Hoffman ..

Lets see all the press who is more important Tom Cruise or Heath
a deadbeat dad loser ..

Catherine .M.VIlla @ 12/11/2008 at 2:06 pm

i’m so happy he was the best joker there was he deservesw an oscar he was simply the best.

I MISS HEATH. MATILDA IS GROUING UP SO FAST,AND IS UTTERLY GORGEOUS JUST LIKE HER DADDY.
THIS MADE ME CRY,HE DESERVES THIS NOM SO MUCH, AND HIS FAMILY ARE RIGHT TO BE PROUD HOLLYWOOD IS HONOURING HIS TALENT.

RIP ***

Well deserved!

Brando fan @ 12/11/2008 at 2:34 pm

Outstanding, unforgettable performance. He will definitely win the Oscar…no one deserves it more.

I’m so happy. He deserves it! Miss Heath so much.

Becky Smith, how disgusting of you to say something about him like that. Heath was not a deadbeat dad, he was a great dad to Matilda. It’s pathetic of people to say such bad things of anyone that aren’t true.

I’m glad Heath got a nomination, I hope he wins.

redknightgoingdown @ 12/11/2008 at 3:16 pm

YES! he definately deserved this!!!!

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All