Heath Ledger's Family: Golden Globe Thankful

Heath Ledger's Family: Golden Globe Thankful

The late Heath Ledger was just honored with a Golden Globe nomination for his work as The Joker in The Dark Knight.

Shortly after, his father, Kim Ledger, and immediate Ledger family issued the following announcement:

“We thank the Hollywood Foreign Press Association for honoring Heath‘s performance in The Dark Knight. This nomination is deeply appreciated and is not lost on those of us who continue to love and miss him. We are so proud that our boy’s work is being recognized in this way.”

Christopher Polk/Getty

He deserves Oscar consideration

I agree he does

Yeah, let’s hope for an Oscar nom.

I think that Josh Brolin and Eddie Marson were better in Milk and Happy-Go-Lucky, respectively.

Spicylily THAILAND @ 12/11/2008 at 12:14 pm

Sure he deserved this honor.
I think he should get awards from ‘ Brokeback Mountian’ too.
He was so good……… so good…… in BM.

Your Matilda is lovley and I’m sure she will grow up well.

I hope that ‘ Batman- The Dark Knight’ production company
give more money Heath deserved to Matilda.

I think ‘ The Dark Knight’ also got the big buzz and earned more than 530 Million USD because of Heath’s tragic incident.

[☆I n F a m o u s☆] @ 12/11/2008 at 12:19 pm

he deserves an oscar.

just watched this movie last night on dvd……Awesome!

I’m really happy about that.

I totally agree with the nomination, he totally deserves it, I never liked the villain but his performance is irrefutably amazing. Everybody out there learn: that’s how you play The Joker, that’s how you play a villain.
To his family and close friends this is the least ultimate honour that Hollywood could give their ever so beloved sun and friend.
Lol
***

He did a great job in this movie; he totally deserves it!

Heath, we miss you.

Heath owned that role. He was amazing. It was such a strech for him too- the voice, the laugh, the posture, the little mannerisms, everything. He truly deserves this.

So sad that he’s gone; I hope he wins. What a tragic loss to the world of performing arts.

GOD BLESS HIS SOUL!!!!!
HE TRULY DESERVES IT

He MORE than deserved this nomination. If he doesn’t win, I personally think it’s an indefinite snub on his behalf. His acting was absolutely mind-boggling. R.I.P Sweet Angel, always missed never forgotten <3

He truly deserved it!! He was an amazing actor! :´(

BECKY SMITH @ 12/11/2008 at 1:46 pm

Isn’t great Heath died the same way the Anna Nicole Smith died..!!
But you have to laugh when you see who Heath is up against….

Really James Franco from Pineapple Express, Tom Cruise and the
heavy manager, and Robert Downey Jr. who had to wear
black make up to play a black man …Than there are the serious actors
Ralph Fiennes and Phillip Seymour Hoffman ..

Lets see all the press who is more important Tom Cruise or Heath
a deadbeat dad loser ..

Catherine .M.VIlla @ 12/11/2008 at 2:06 pm

i’m so happy he was the best joker there was he deservesw an oscar he was simply the best.

I MISS HEATH. MATILDA IS GROUING UP SO FAST,AND IS UTTERLY GORGEOUS JUST LIKE HER DADDY.
THIS MADE ME CRY,HE DESERVES THIS NOM SO MUCH, AND HIS FAMILY ARE RIGHT TO BE PROUD HOLLYWOOD IS HONOURING HIS TALENT.

RIP ***

Well deserved!

Brando fan @ 12/11/2008 at 2:34 pm

Outstanding, unforgettable performance. He will definitely win the Oscar…no one deserves it more.

I’m so happy. He deserves it! Miss Heath so much.

Becky Smith, how disgusting of you to say something about him like that. Heath was not a deadbeat dad, he was a great dad to Matilda. It’s pathetic of people to say such bad things of anyone that aren’t true.

I’m glad Heath got a nomination, I hope he wins.

redknightgoingdown @ 12/11/2008 at 3:16 pm

YES! he definately deserved this!!!!

Wish he would have live to see this.He was wonderful actor indeed.

I quite literally jumped for joy just now! YAY HEATH! WE LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU!

He deserves every award for that performance this season. He was the only reason I stayed in the theater to watch the movie. The rest of the actos were average, at best.

The movie should have just been called The Joker.

#18 you are dumb.

I saw Heath Ledger more with his daughter than I ever see Tom. I only see Katie with Suri.

Go to hell.

BECKY SMITH, Heath wasn’t a deadbeat dad loser. You must be talking about yourself. Heath didn’t “pimp” out his daughter to the press everyday like Tom Cruise does, either. Nothing is great about dying, you disrespectful, vile moron.

newport beach, 92660 @ 12/11/2008 at 5:25 pm

he defiently deserves an Oscar

amazing job in The Dark Knight…… amazing doesn`t even begin to cover it .

oh and BECKYSMITH

yeah you know robert downey jr , is DEFIENTLY gonna win a golden globe for TROPICTHUNDER ? ! a teeeen movie ? , fo sho

heathledgers performance was……. no words to describe it

It was a terrible tragedy, but awarding him with a Golden Globe and an Oscar would send a terrible message to young actors. We don’t need to encourage the types of psychological risks he took. He was fantastic, but everything great about his performance came from intellectual choices that would easily be made just from doing the script analysis. American bastardized Method acting was a risk he didn’t need to take.

Oh, and to the moron talking about Robert Downey junior playing a black man… uh no, the joke of that movie was that they were actors making a really BAD movie that was casting him as a black man. He wasn’t playing a black man.

Amy, they’re not rewarding him for what he did. They’re rewarding him for his acting in the film.

Heath was such a sweetheart, certainly a very beautiful person.
It’s such a shame he died so young. I’m glad he got a Golden Globe nomination.

Ledger, ftw!

Of course Heath deserves to win not only this award but OSCAR as well, hands down.

BUT…what an effing insult that Tom Cruise was nominated for the same award for a role that was so forgettable, most people don’t even remember he was even in Tropic Thunder. I don’t get it.

Either it was bought….or he’s blowing someone.

he was amazing and always will be the best
i’m so happy about it :]

While Ledger’s performance as the Joker is very very good and scary, the fact remains that it is a one dimensional role. He is crazy and evil and that is it. His role as Ennis del Mar in Brokeback was his truly great great performance. The one that should have gotten him an Oscar. If they give him an Oscar as supporting actor for the Joker it will of course make some amends for passing over him for Brokeback, but it is not adequate recognition. Very sad and tragic that one of the greatest movie performances of recent history didn’t win an Oscar.

Heath deservies to get an oscar.He is a very good actor.And because of his tragece death.He deservise to get an oscar so hes daughter can see that he was a good man and have somthing to remind her of him.R.I.P Heath Ledger you are a good man.

he totally deserved it. he was AMAZING as the joker in the dark knight. R.I.P xx