Top Stories
Cast of Guardians Of The Galaxy - Just Jared Spotlight

Jeremy Piven Diagnosis: Extreme Mercury Toxicity!

Jeremy Piven Diagnosis: Extreme Mercury Toxicity!

Jeremy Piven had to withdraw from his hit Broadway play, Speed-the-Plow, because of extreme mercury toxicity (six times a healthy amount of mercury).

Dr. Carlon Colker, who has been treating the 43-year-old actor, tells ET, “Jeremy is disappointed that members of the production staff of Speed-the-Plow and other members of the entertainment community have not rallied behind him during this health crisis.”

Jeremy is suffering from extreme mercury toxicity. A major symptom of mercury poisoning is extreme fatigue. In addition, Jeremy began experiencing neuro-muscular dysfunction late last week, which led to extreme difficulty in lifting his arms and legs. Then, this past Sunday, he began feeling dizzy.”

Jeremy has been an avid sushi eater for many years, regularly eating sushi twice in one day. He has also taken certain Chinese herbs, and that, in combination with the frequent sushi consumption, could have led to these elevated mercury levels.”

Replacing Piven will be Tony Award winner Norbert Leo Butz (Dec. 23 to Jan. 11) and Emmy Award winner and Oscar nominee William H. Macy (Jan. 13 to Feb. 22).

Get well soon, Jeremy!!!

Like Just Jared on Facebook

JJ Links Around The Web

John Parra/Getty

7 Comments

# 1

Jeremy!! GET BETTER!

# 3
really???? @ 12/18/2008 at 4:48 pm

Hope he feels better soon.

# 4

his doctor’s is right, what the paywright said was rude

# 5

I have been suffering with mercury poisoning from fish for 3 years my life is not the same and I cannot afford to get chelated. I feel for Piv-it sucks!

# 6

I want to know which Chinese herbs he has been taking. I am a Chinese herbalist and I have never heard of this happening with our medicine. It would be wrong to cast aspersions on our profession falsely. I believe it is more likely the over-consumption of mercury laden fish that is the culprit!

# 7

There is no “healthy” level of mercury. If he has what is considered toxic levels of mercury, all it means is that he has higher levels than what is considered the threshold for developing neurological effects. Mercury is not an essential mirconutrient for humans and there is no amount that is considered “healthy” in the human body, just a very low level at which no adverse effects are seen.

Comment and Share!








You have of 5,000 characters left.

A Member of Townsquare Entertainment News | Advertise here