Paris Hilton: Devastated By Burglary

Paris Hilton: Devastated By Burglary

Paris Hilton is “devastated” by the burglary of over $2 million worth of jewels from her LA home between late Thursday evening and 4 a.m. Friday.

“I am devastated. I cannot believe someone broke into my home. They took items that had such sentimental value that no one will ever be able to replace,” she tells Life & Style. “I’m just thankful that I wasn’t there when it happened.”

The heiress was out partying in LA when her home was broken into. An insider reveals that “millions of dollars of jewelry was stolen — diamonds, necklaces, rings, watches and family heirlooms from her grandmothers.”

Luckily, though, the insider says the thief was caught on tape. “Paris has surveillance cameras set up in every room,” says the insider, who’s seen the tapes. “The thief was wearing a black hoody and knew exactly where to go, like he’s been there before.”

Taking no risks, “Paris has upped her security team to three 24-hour bodyguards, and she has someone on her property at all times,” adds the insider. “Detectives are doing a huge investigation.”

Getty

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

All that money and you’d think she could afford a safe…..and a brain.

The moron left her door unlocked!! Nobody deserves to get robbed, but seriously, she’s got ****** security if someone can just walk in and take all that.

i agree with number 1
but its always sad when things ar taken from u

Ya I feel really bad for her. People are starving and homeless in this world and she has 2 million and jewels stolen. Cry me a friggin river. She seriously needs a reality check.

omg! poor paris.. i mean the sentimental items =/

It must have been someone who had access to her house, that happens a lot, you can trust people anymore. You have to be careful who you let in to your house.

Please,she lives in a gated community,Most of her doors,and windows does not have to be top-notch-locked 24/7.

#4.
you need a reality check.
Yes,people are losing there jobs,but 2m worth of jewelery is a lot.
LAPD better do a investigation.

as someone who has been a victum of burglary,and been robbed,this isn’t something small.
Someone went into HER home,and took HER jewelery.
TWO-MILLION-DOLLORS.

I can’t stand Paris, but nobody deserves to be a victim of robbery. I hope they catch that mother and put his butt where it belongs. And just maybe she’ll get back some of her Grandmothers jewels. Sounds to me like it’s an inside job. Someone who either partied at her house before, or someone who has done work there. Probably the latter. People are extra desperate this time of year.

boo ******* hoo

LOL comment #1.

where were the police
dont they have a patrol in the area?

isin’t there a guard gate for the community?
and what about a burglar alarm?
she kept all that jewelry just lying around the house?
hope she gets everything back.
I guess she was too trusting a person.

of course all jewellery was insured and catalogued.
At least owner of 2M $ jewellery, who has some brain , would catalogued and insured all items.

dude…
who would be ABLE to steal from PARIS HILTON’S house.
wow, they’re skilled.

whatever, yo @ 12/21/2008 at 1:17 pm

#14, they’ve done it before………

This really smells. Maybe it was her former running buddy, Brandon Davis. I heard the Poor Little Rich Boy-Junkie ‘s allowance was cut off by his grand parents and he has been panhandling his friends and begging nights on different people’s couches.

And I bet there are a lot of “friends of Paris” who are very surprised to know she has TV surveillance cameras in every room. I’ll bet those cameras catch some real interesting stuff from time to time. The person who walked around as if they’ve been there before, probably HAS been there before. They wore a hood because they knew about the cameras, too.

I don’t feel sorry for Paris. She is not a very nice person, she’s mean and underhanded. She has tried to be better in public since she went to jail. She is still a nasty person. She is doing this for attention because she is upset about her break-up. She is SO jealous of Nicole she wanted to get the other Madden brother so she could do the “marriage and a baby” thing, to compete with Nicole Ritchie. But she is just doing it for show. That’s why she got dumped. Paris is crazy.

Nurse river @ 12/21/2008 at 1:30 pm

Paris is a lovely woman but perhaps too careless with where she stashed all her jewelery. Nobody deserves to be robbed, but locking one’s door when leaving the premises is a basic necessity these days. Who leaves their doors unlocked with priceless jewels laying all about? Hmmmm – I like Paris and I wish her well. By all means, she should increase the level of security in her home. She lives in a mansion behind locked gates for goodness sakes! I guess the rich can afford to loose nice stuff…they’ll only just get more and more to replace what was lost.
I hope they catch the thief…this person obviously knew where to find the goods and needs to return it all plus pay restitution to society.
Times are tough yes, but never should one steal.
If you’re hungry, go to a food kitchen. Get a job.
Don’t take advantage of trusting souls who themselves work.
Peace.
Have peace in your souls.

#12 – I’d bet money that she has all those things in place to protect her belongings and property and person. BUT, you have to actually SET the alarm, LOCK the doors, and put those personal precious irreplaceable things in a safe and lock it. Considering the person it happened to, I would guess it was more an issue of lack of brains and street smarts than an over-abundance of trust.

I agree #4 and April. I’ll shed tears for people who work their ass off for their meager belongings and a bit of sucess here and there only to be robbed of it all. It happened to a co-worker of mine 2 months ago. They took EVERYTHING, even the family photos and the kids christmas gifts! Poor Princess Paris will just replace it with the insurance money she will get and buy more unecessary crap that she will wear once and toss in a basket on her vanity. I also agree that it was probably someone she knew…someone who knew they could get away with it. They obviously assessed her as an easy target for some reason. I cant imagine what that reason would be.

Selena Gomez @ 12/21/2008 at 1:46 pm

That is really sad. Who nows who could have done it. There are so many people that hate her its not evan funny.By the way what happened to her new”bff” from that show on Mtv. Wasnt her name Brittany. She could Have done it not metioningt names.

****Don’t take advantage of trusting souls who themselves work.****

I didnt realize she actually worked. Oh right, her BFF show and her thingie she did for a month out of every year where she had to milk cows and shttt. Got it. ***shakes head****

montana mike @ 12/21/2008 at 1:55 pm

everyone knows that she goes out every single night of her life, so you
don’t have to plan too much to steal from her. it’s not cool to steal from someone, but i have a hard time feeling sorry for her. 2 million could have gone along way towards helping out her old roommates from lynwood

Starr with two "r" baby @ 12/21/2008 at 2:01 pm

i don’t like Paris at all but she doesn’t deserve it. Nobody does. Even my biggest enemy.People who say otherwise are just plain evil. I truly understand her and hope she’ll get all those jewels back. I’m pretty sure it’s an inside job though.I agree that people are starving around the world and have no moeny at all but you won’t change those rich people, they don’t feel concerned, seems like it has nothing to do with them….they just think they worked to get this money so why helping poor people? and as for paris who grew up with a golden spoon, she’s always had all what she wants to, she’s never known what poverty is and even though she wants to help poor people, she’ll never do it alone. I personally think this world will change only when rich people (billionnaires and millionnaires) unite to give money to charity but HELLO do you seriously think this will happen? when pigs fly! haha. Don’t be mean with her folks, she lost her personal things, even for the most stupid brat, that’s sad. Be compassionate once in a while.

I feel bad that her house was broken into (I know what that fees like) but oh poor Paris Hilton losing millions of dollars worth of jewels. She can probably buy all of Tiffany’s if she wanted.

Is there any reason to ever feel bad for Paris Hilton? I haven’t found one yet. Not jail. Not herpes. Not her jewelry being stolen. Nothing.

Wendy and Lisa @ 12/21/2008 at 2:09 pm

$110 bucks says the “robber” was one of her little brothers. Gimme a break!

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All