Christian Bale: Dark Knight Gets No Love in China

Christian Bale: Dark Knight Gets No Love in China

A solo Christian Bale takes a stroll on Saturday (December 28) in Brentwood, Calif.

His latest film, The Dark Knight — the second highest-grossing movie in US box-office history — won’t be showing in China according to the movie’s studio.

Warner Bros. released a statement, saying, “Based on a number of pre-release conditions that are being attached to The Dark Knight as well as cultural sensitivities to some elements of the film, we have opted to forego a theatrical release of the film in China.”

Bigger Bale pics inside…

christian bale china 01
christian bale china 02
christian bale china 03
christian bale china 04
christian bale china 05
christian bale china 06

Getty

Thank you so much Jared for some pics of Christian! He’s so beautiful :)

No love in China for Christian Bale, huh? Well he got MORE than enough love when I saw him in the states a few weeks ago.

WOAH…Jordan, where did you get those pics of Christian???

Only about 10 to 15 foreign films are released in China every year, so why is this news, unless you are going to report about every film that doesn’t get released in China. Australia also wasn’t released there, X-Men the last stand wasn’t either etc etc.

All the films end up in the DVD shops soon after their US release anyway and the Chinese government doesn’t do anything against that.

Sarita I think that Jared posted this story for a few reasons.
1. Because the film is the second biggest grossing film for all time, so to not release it is more of a ‘big deal’ than if it was just any other film.
2. Heath’s last ‘big audience draw’ film (Imaginarium isn’t nearly as mainstream)
3. It’s an excuse to post pictures of Christian…I’m not complaining!

BECKY SMITH @ 12/29/2008 at 12:13 pm

WHY bother when what they really want is the star of the movie Heath
Ledger!!! Why didn’t Chris Nolan call it “The Joker”….instead …It would be perfect .. since Heath is up for Golden Globe and SAG AWARD..

That is probably the real reason because Heath isn’t around.. for the
loving.. not Christian .. So why not put a picture of the real star of the
movie Heath Ledger instead..

BECKY SMITH @ 12/29/2008 at 12:17 pm

This movie did 995 million dollars world wide… !!! Guess we can thank
Heath for that….And now we know that it doesn’t matter if they play it there or not..

He doesn’t need their love – he has ours and that’s a lot.

Last year at the grove i actually was sitting right next to christian and i didn’t even know it!! some man was sitting next to me with a scruffy beard and was on the phone i recognized the brit accent and was like omfg as soon as he left.. i felt like such an idiot when i realized who it was!!

ILoveVelvetGoldmine @ 12/29/2008 at 1:13 pm

It’s not his best film in actuality anyway even though it is really good.

I don’t think the chinese viewers need to worry since the movie is already being sold on pirated dvds on the chinese black market.

Always a pleasure to see pictures of Christian. Love his work and the fact that he doesn’t ***** himself out like some actors.

[☆I n F a m o u s☆] @ 12/29/2008 at 3:29 pm

…`fcuk china.

Whatever, the Chinese have already seen the pirated movie!

Super Hot Gay Man! @ 12/29/2008 at 5:31 pm

Is it still as batty as them Velvet Goldmine days. As batty as he used to be?

DANG, gorgeousness overload… it kinda sucks that the highest grossing movie of the year can’t be shown in China. The IMAX experience is awsome!

he’s boring,looks old and a jerk

bornagainchristian @ 12/29/2008 at 11:37 pm

If you saw the film you would understand why China won’t release it. Reality bites….

And I kinda wish the paps would leave him alone. If you are a fan, buy the movie tickets and DVDs and BDs.

Don’t follow the guy around. That is just strange and disturbing.

Balegroupie @ 12/30/2008 at 12:26 am

Thank you Jared for posting these picks!!!! I was in a literal Bale drought for the past week.I had’nt seen nor heard any news about my favorite hottie nor saw any hot photos of him. I’ve been in a total depressed state of mind,I need to see him on a daily basis,he just makes my day,he’s unlike any other actor in the biz.He’s super sexy,talented and hunky hunky hunky and yummy yummy yummy.I’m saddened at the fact that he will not be recognized for his role in TDK,which was unfortunately overshadowed by Heath’s Joker.I long for the day when he will finally be honored with a much deserved Academy Award,this is my dream.I loooooooooooooooooooove him soooooooooooooooooooooooo much♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

HOT!

love him!

love his movies!

love the movie 3:10 to yuma! he was so hot in that!

Ok I lied as no.15 about being a man. It’s not that i get off on gay men ****. For real. I just hate Kate Beckinsale, Can’t stand Penelope Cruz, Scarlett Johanssen is pants and Maggie Gyllehaal is annoying a lot of the time. Sibi Blazic is cool but she isn’t in any of his movies. It’s always an awful leading lady with him. Isabella Scarpurro was ok and Eva Longoria. But like Ewan McGregor is SUPERCOOL! So how is it Bale only gets good guys to have screen sex with. And not women. Or maybe all those actresses just suck so NAAAAH!

But in this case its only Ewan McGregor. I thought that there was some secret point to be made somewhere that Bale was Gay once and it got ruined by women.

He doesn’t need their love – he has ours and that’s a lot.

Thank you so much Jared for some pics of Christian! He’s so beautiful :)

Read more: http://justjared.buzznet.com/2008/12/29/christian-bale-china/#ixzz0avFl6jq2

like a man I can not understand what its like so