Zooey Deschanel Engaged To Ben Gibbard

Zooey Deschanel Engaged To Ben Gibbard

Earlier today, we reported that Yes Man actress Zooey Deschanel got engaged earlier this month.

That part is 100% true, but not to AFI bass guitarist Hunter Burgan.

A source close to the couple tells JustJared.com that Zooey, 28, is happily engaged to Ben Gibbard, the lead singer of Death Cab for Cutie and The Postal Service.

Reps for the couple would not comment on their personal lives.

Congrats to Zooey and Ben!

Charley Gallay/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

Congrats, Zooey & Ben! :-)

christine @ 12/29/2008 at 3:55 pm

wow, the perfect couple :)

christine @ 12/29/2008 at 3:55 pm

wow, the perfect couple :)

they are so cute!
congrats to the couple!

lakers fan in boston @ 12/29/2008 at 4:28 pm

it seemed weird to me that she would marry some1 so creepy
altho this guy kinda looks gay, they actually do look like a good couple if u put them together

congrats zooey!
**** katy perry, it’s katy that is a zooey look-a-like, she’s been here longer

Who are these people? An actress and a musician you know how those usually end up.

omgsh!
whoa.
so i live in washington and we had to do this research project on some person past or present related to washington state.
and everyone was doing old dead people so i decided to do it on ben gibbard cuz DCFC is like the greatest band on this planet earth :D
but i had no idea they were going out
! haha.
but wow.
congrats.
She’s a great actress
and he’s a great musician :)

CHEZABELLE @ 12/29/2008 at 4:54 pm

I may have squealed when I read this.

They’re such adorable, lovely, great music making people. I hope they’re very very happy together.

I didn’t even know they were dating…

Sweet Jesus, I can’t breath – and I’m an astmatic so that’s is a really bad thing!
I’ve been of Zooey since Almost Famous, can’t believe that she’s engaged. Tillykke tillykke tillykke!!

Oh that seems like an awesome couple! I didn’t even know they dated. But I love Zooey and I love Death Cab so congrats to them!

He is a sweetheart with a pumpkinhead.
Congrats!

Sarah May @ 12/29/2008 at 6:41 pm

Wow. Thats a shocker. She reminds me so much of Katy Perry. He lost weight. Cool news.

No, no, no! She’s supposed to marry me!

cooooookie @ 12/29/2008 at 8:01 pm

Ooooh damn, sorry M. Ward Ben got her first. Ya snooze ya loose?

WHOOOAA!
that is so awesome

im so happy for ben! hes a personal friend of mine and i can vouch for how much they are in love.

WHOA! I thought she was dating some other Indie dude. Hard to keep track of her BF’s. She’s had alot. Surprising she didn’t get engaged to Jason Schwartzman, since they dated for so long.

Twifanatic Amanda @ 12/29/2008 at 11:18 pm

I love them both and them getting married it insanely cute

she&himfan @ 12/30/2008 at 12:09 am

seriously? this is great, but i thought that she was with m. ward? they make such wonderful music together and i saw them perform, and they just seemed to have such great chemistry. i guess i was wrong…

What a lucky lucky guy!!1 She was supposed to marry me!! even though im much younger… lol… but still!!!

Stella ava @ 12/30/2008 at 12:36 am

they need to sing together. they’re voices would be awesome!

cooooookie @ 12/30/2008 at 1:52 am

#21 Stella ava, they have actually sang together I think. You might find some videos on youtube or something.

i don’t know him, but looks cute!
congrats!!!

LolaSvelt @ 12/30/2008 at 6:41 am

Congratulations!

Gah, i was in love with Zooey – but oh well, im glad there engaged! hope they will have a WONDERFUL life together :)

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All