Lark Previn Dies On Christmas Day

Lark Previn Dies On Christmas Day

Lark Previn, the Vietnamese-born daughter of Mia Farrow and musician Andre Previn, died on Christmas Day, according to NYDN.

The medical examiner said that the 35-year-old mother-of-two had been ailing for a decade. A cause of death was not released.

Her two daughters, Sara, 13, and Christine, 12, sat in the front row at her wake last night at a Brooklyn funeral home.

Lark was one of the adopted children of Mia and Andre that included Soon-Yi Previn, who would eventually marry Woody Allen. Lark‘s live-in boyfriend, Robert Garcia, declined comment.

Our deepest condolences to Lark‘s family and friends. RIP.

Photos: WENN
Posted to: Lark Previn, Mia Farrow, RIP

Neilson Barnard/Getty

25 Responses to “Lark Previn Dies On Christmas Day”

1. 1
    LolaSvelt Says:

Terrible news. I heard she had AIDS or HIV. It has never been revealed.

2. 2
    cutie Says:

So sad. :-( My thoughts and prayers are with the family.

3. 3
    mike Says:

4. 4
    *********** Says:

Awwww how sad. Condolences to the family, especially the children.

5. 5
    Ellen Says:

My sincere sympathy goes to her family !

6. 6
    lolita Says:

Oh no! RIP.

7. 7
    nunny Says:

xmas day…thats really sad

RIP

8. 8
    Cathb Says:

(old news story I found – must have died from AIDS)

Mia Farrow’s daughter admitted to hospital with AIDS-related illness

The Daily Mail newspaper reported today that Lark Previn, the adopted daughter of Mia Farrow and her second husband Andre Previn- has been admitted to hospital with an AIDS-related illness. Ms. Previn was diagnosed as HIV positive in 1996. Her husband Chris MacKinzie believes she became infected before her children were born as the result of a dirty needle used when the couple were being tattooed. Their two children have also been diagnosed as being HIV positive.

9. 9
    m. Says:

oh that is too sad! the second child mia loses and third if we think of soon yi. May she rest in peace and my sympthy to the family

10. 10
    Maureen Says:

This is so sad. I heard she was infected by a dirty tattoo needle in the early ’90′s. This was before the tattoo industry enforced health requirements and hygiene standards. Very tragic. I feel sorry for those two girls. Losing a mother at that age is brutal.

I wonder if the pedophile Woody Allen will allow his “wife” to attend the funeral? Lark was adopted around the same time as Soon-Yi. However I read that they girls were estranged. The children sided with Mia when their father married their sister.

11. 11
    To m. Says:

m. @ 12/30/2008 at 3:03 pm

********************************
    What other child of Mia’s did she lose?

12. 12
    M.i.c. Says:

Lark was a very sweet kid (knew her from school). I was lucky to get to know her again as an adult. I am sick to my stomach that I haven’t seen her in the last 3 years. May she rest in peace. Her daughters Christina and Sarah are in my prayers.

13. 13
    boogie Says:

so sad

14. 14
    dianel Says:

So sad for her family

15. 15
    Madonnap Says:

To m. @ 12/30/2008 at 5:20 pm # 9
    m. @ 12/30/2008 at 3:03 pm

********************************
    What other child of Mia’s did she lose?

Mia’s adopted daughter, Tam Farrow, died March 2000 due to an apparent heart ailment. She was 19

16. 16
    Davita Says:

Lark Song was as lovely as her name.
    She died prematurely and tragically leaving a great void.
    Lark was a wonderful mother, a kind soul, and a dear friend. She kept to herself and lived a modest life asking for little. She had dignity, strength, and character and should be remembered for those traits.

Her family and friends will miss her presence immeasurably. May she finally rest in peace and be remembered for the generous, loving person she was.

***************************************
    Larks former husband – Chris Mckinzie, is a drug abuser, a felon, and an unethical cretin who sold the first HIV story to the media for profit…and probably this one as well. If she was infected with anything it came from that selfish parasite.
    She has passed and speculation as to why only serves to tarnish the memory of Lark.

17. 17
    m. Says:

Madonnap @ 12/31/2008 at 2:16 am

To m. @ 12/30/2008 at 5:20 pm # 9
    m. @ 12/30/2008 at 3:03 pm

********************************
    What other child of Mia’s did she lose?

————————————–
    yes, as madonnap says, tam farrow died about 8 years ago. she was also adopted from vietnam, and she was blind.
    many of farrows kids where adopted with different problems, such as being blind and cerebral palsy.
    great, amazing woman, i send my deepest sympathies to her family.

18. 18
    TRUTH BE TOLD Says:

A Reply to comment #16. Re: Former Husband. You would find that hard to believe because according to medical records. Chris McKinzie has been tested 6 times in the last 10 years and every test has been negative. He has remarried and has 3 children and a wife which are all healthy….. Explain that?? Now it would be one of 2 things. If she did have it, she was adopted with it and never told, or she had it and her mother knew and never said nothing … which would have been the tragedy here. Imagine someone who looks so good in the spotlight, on paper and on T.V. but to hold a secret like that was very selfish and horrible thing to do. That is a selfish parasite.

19. 19
    ROGER HITTS Says:

That’s interesting on Chris, Truth, I take it you know him?

20. 20
    TRUTH BE TOLD Says:

Reply to # 20. I find it very interesting that I can back up my claims with evidence and a medical paper trail and You can’t. According to present day medical files his present wife was on “NO” medication during or after all pregnancy’s. His medical file also shows all H.I.V testing was & is negative. So if wife, him, and children are H.I.V negative. Please show me how his ex-wife was infected by him. As science and education shows.This is not possible! You must be uneducated, resentful, jealous, and pretty much have no life or loved ones of your own. I can see you must need some serious pshyciatric help and have hidden issues, and a private agenda to slander his name. Let me guess? Do you live in Florida?, Have 10 kids?, and No husband of your own ? Must be!

21. 21
    ROGER HITTS Says:

Since Lark has passed, is Chris taking in his two daughters?

22. 22
    Angelo Ruth Says:

I knew and will always love Lark, and chris…… they’re mistakes and unfortune pale in comparison to what we’ve lost…. LARK SONG FARROW PREVIN……….. they’re daughters, sarah an chrissy need all of the positive and encouraging sentiments we have to give….. now and always……. stop hating!!!!! it’s not about you!!!!!!….. pray, pray….
    angelo

23. 23
    اشعار Says:

My sincere sympathy goes to her family !

24. 24
    تحميل اغاني جلسات وناسه Says:

So sad for her family

25. 25
    wood floor Says:

Attractive component of content. I simply stumbled upon your blog and in accession capital to say that I acquire in fact loved account your weblog posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing for your feeds and even I achievement you get right of entry to constantly quickly.