Mischa Barton Takes Sitar Lessons

Mischa Barton Takes Sitar Lessons

Former O.C. starlet Mischa Barton has been learning about new religions and learning a new instrument during her stay in India. Here’s what the 22-year-old actress wrote on her blog:

“I’ve been having an amazing spiritual exploration visiting Hindu temples and learning about Buddhism, both beautiful religions. Hyderabad where we’re filming is a real inspiration in the fact that Christians, Muslims and Hindus all get along so harmoniously. I must admit I used to make fun of people who were all into yoga and chai tea thinking it was another ridiculous health fad. But now I’m that person! First of all Masala Chai tea, the traditional way with milk and sugar is delicious, and this is coming from a brit who only likes my breakfast tea!

“I must say my goal coming here was to learn to play the sitar and it’s coming along real slow as apparently it’s not that easy to procure a great sitar teacher here, I guess it not late 60′s with Ravi Shankar and George Harrison roaming around unfortunately!!!!”

Valerie Macon/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

Haven’t seem her in awhile and really glad to see her.Glad she doing something with time. She’s just a travel girl.

She needs a different hair do.. her O.C days were so much better.

What happened to Marissa Cooper? Maybe it’s just me but Mischa looks crazy!!!

Boy that pic looks stoned. What happened to those cellulite? :)

does anyone care that mischa barton is learning the sitar?!! lol!
SO WHAT!

LolaSvelt @ 12/30/2008 at 6:39 am

File this under the “Who Cares?” news.

Panda Internet Security 2009 – 75% off until 12/31/08Here’s the link, it’s going for $20 now, when it normally goes for $80. This is a legit 3 license copy direct from the company. Not a gray market OEM found online.Panda is a really good antivirus/firewall/IPS coupled with anti-spam, web filter and backup tools.It’s here:

Panda will stop this deal after 12/31.

she’s such a freak. I’m with LolaSvelt – who cares???

i just had bangs yesterday and i think mischa’s bangs looks great!

i care, it’s awesome she’s enjoying herself in India…I’m from hyderabad so I know how cool it is there! =)

That’s cool. I can picture playing the sitar and smoking her bong! LOL!
The bangs do look great on her. She can wear them. The bangs look better on her then Rachel Bilson. Mischa is a pretty girl. She needs to stop the weed.

wtf? since when is she a brit? am i missing something?

i don’t like her, she’s weird. she’s trying too be hard to be quirky and charming, but it’s not working.

Mischa Barton Lives the High Life Out Clubbing
Sat, 10/25/2008 – 9:07am by Molly 28,965 Views – 62 comments

Mischa Barton didn’t take that Herve Leger dress home after the boutique opening. Instead, she hit the clubs with friends for drinks, a little dancing, and the smoking of a mysterious rolled substance (wink) with her friends. She talked about how much she loves being single and it sure looks like she’s not holding anything back. This isn’t the first or second time we’ve seen Mischa engaging in this particular form of relaxation, but then again, it could always be a rolled cigarette, right?

Ability Films

Related Pop Stories
Mischa Barton’s Fashion Choices Are No Joke
Mischa Barton Busted With DUI
Mischa Barton Is Behind Bangs Not Bars
Mischa Barton’s So Bright
Mischa Barton Launches David JonesRelated Network Stories
Shop Mischa Barton’s Handbag Line!
Celeb Style: Mischa Barton
On Our Radar: Mischa Barton’s Headband Line
Win a Mischa Barton Handbag
Mischa Barton Is Walled In

……………………..DESTINED TO FAIL, folks!!

Mischa is fatter now Jared lol

Bit** wants to be a hippy so badly

killershoes @ 12/30/2008 at 1:33 pm

Everything about her is backward, dumb and useless.

She’s only doing it because she has sweet f*ck all else to do!

michelleK @ 12/30/2008 at 2:17 pm

Stop saying you’re a Brit! Your mother is a Brit, you are an American spoiled Tribeca girl. Puhlease!

Will she be leaving the public eye soon? We can only hope.

[☆I n F a m o u s☆] @ 12/30/2008 at 2:50 pm

..`does this person have a job?!?
`
…`is she on tv.. in a movie.. does she have an album out?!?
`
;she’s getting attention because……..

bornagainchristian @ 12/30/2008 at 10:57 pm

Since when is she a ‘Brit’?!
The girl is delusional….like Madonna delusional.

Lol she sure looks like she has that hippy smell down though

That stupid ***** is telling lies Muslims in India don’t get along with no one they keep burning churches so she is full of **** like usual ,she will never learn how to play the sitar to much work and she is a lazy cow

selcuksahin @ 01/01/2009 at 3:52 pm

She is now staying at Taj Krishna Hotel in Hyderabat,India.I was there 12 days ago.I encountered Hania,sister of Misha Barton.I hadn’t had any information about her by the time i met Hania.I felt indeed sorry for her now that she suffered from drug addiction.I hope she will recover from it as soon as possible.

selcuksahin @ 01/01/2009 at 4:00 pm