Johnny Depp Covers Entertainment Weekly

Johnny Depp Covers Entertainment Weekly

Johnny Depp promotes his upcoming cat-and-mouse thriller Public Enemies on the latest cover of EW.

The 45-year-old actor plays John Dillinger, one of the most notorious criminals of the 20th century, while Christian Bale takes on the role of federal agent Melvin Purvis.

Enemies is about the early days of the FBI and one agent’s pursuit of the Depression-era bank robber whose reign of stickups and near escapes ended in a hail of bullets outside of Chicago’s Biograph Theater in 1934.

“Dillinger was one of those guys, like Charlie Chaplin and Evel Knievel, that I was fascinated with at a young age,” says Depp. “And because of my grandfather [who ran moonshine during the Prohibition], the character was pretty easy for me to connect to. In a way, this movie was a salute to him… Some people might disagree, but I think he was a real-life Robin Hood. I mean, the guy wasn’t com­pletely altruistic, but he went out of his way not to kill anybody. He definitely gave a lot of that money away. I love the guy.”

johnny depp entertainment weekly cover 01
johnny depp entertainment weekly cover 02
johnny depp entertainment weekly cover 03
johnny depp entertainment weekly cover 04
johnny depp entertainment weekly cover 05

• Erin Andrews talks about nasty Dancing with the Stars rehearsals- US Weekly
  • Nicki Minaj's dancer gets bit by snake at MTV VMAs rehearsal- TMZ
  • Check out a still from Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn- Just Jared Jr
  • NBC decides to nix Emerald City- Entertainment Weekly
  • Tara Reid turns heads in a pink ensemble- Huffington Post
  • What is Josh Brolin up to these days?- Lainey Gossip
  • Steve Martin is in talks to star in Magic Camp- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Bianca Gascoigne shows off her curves in a bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

Oscar nomination and possible win for this role.

Lol, this a**hole

I love him!

johnny Depp always HOT a great actor..beautiful family…
Happy 2009 everyone

FYI he’s talking about the character he plays when talking about the “real life Robin Hood,” not his grandfather

Everybody loves Johnny Depp

God he looks sexy on there…on god I think I’m going Gay again—

tallleggylady @ 01/01/2009 at 3:44 pm

I think other actors can learn from him. He is very versatile. He can play any role and do it brilliantly.

vanessajonas @ 01/01/2009 at 3:45 pm

he is hot but i need him to break up with vanessa ASAP

I love him! Can’t wait for the movie!

lanolin...like sheep's wool @ 01/01/2009 at 3:58 pm

Hot as ever!!!

I love him!!!! He is a superb actor……One of the greatest

He was actually weird looking when I met him…

he had purple glasses on

Very hot on the cover!

he should be doing Riddler in the next Batman :)

Mark my words @ 01/01/2009 at 6:57 pm

hot as usual……the fact that he’s a weird guy makes him even sexier! :p i love him. he’s such a brilliant actor

sharyllee @ 01/01/2009 at 8:07 pm
He looks old!!
*******************************************************************************************

He’s 45 years old, honey. Did you expect him to look like he’s 21? How old are you, BTW? Eleven and a half?

Johnny’s okay, he just comes off as too quirky sometimes. He does odd and quirky very well. I don’t, however, think that qualifies him as someone that other actors can learn off of. Diversity is great. We don’t want everyone acting wierd.

“THE AMERICAN CHEATER” is here all right, folks!!

He might be 45 but Johnny Depp will always remain HOT!!!

Linda Ann @ 01/02/2009 at 2:49 am

Johnny is totally gorgeous from head to toe no matter what role he takes on or no matter what attire he is dressed in. I can hardly wait for “Public Enemies” to debut in theaters! I follow everything Johnny does! :) :)
Linda Ann, Los Angeles, Ca USA

johnny´s realy good

katarina2 @ 01/02/2009 at 7:40 am

Johnny Depp AND Christian Bale? Hell, I don’t care if it’s the worst movie ever made, I’m so going to see this!

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All