John Travolta: Jett Was The Most Wonderful Son

John Travolta: Jett Was The Most Wonderful Son

John Travolta and his wife Kelly Preston have released joint statements on their official sites about their the tragic death of their 16-year-old son Jett.

Here’s what John, 54, Kelly, 46, and their daughter Ella, 8, had to say via KellyPreston.com and Travolta.com:

“We would like to extend our deepest and most heartfelt thanks to everyone who has sent their love and condolences. Jett was the most wonderful son that two parents could ever ask for and lit up the lives of everyone he encountered.”

The statement continues, “We are heartbroken that our time with him was so brief. We will cherish the time we had with him for the rest of our lives. We have received many messages of condolence from around the world and we want to thank everyone for their prayers and support. It has meant so much to us. It is a beautiful reminder of the inherent goodness in the human spirit that gives us a hope for a brighter future. With love, John, Kelly, and Ella.”

Jett died Friday while vacationing with his family in the Bahamas. An autopsy is scheduled for Monday. Our heart goes out to the Travoltas and their loved ones.

john travolta official statement jett 01
john travolta official statement jett 02

Charley Gallay/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All

CONDOLENCES, GOD BLESS THE FAMILY.

What a beautiful family @ 01/04/2009 at 2:26 pm

They have always given me the impression that they are a team in every way, and just extremely close and really a family in every sense ot the word. God bless them all because I know they are hurting something bad.

Travolta’s live-in boyfriend, Jeff Kathrein, found his body, so they’re a nontraditional family, for sure. Closeted gay man married to woman because his screwy religion (Scientology) says so, hires his unqualified boyfriend as “nanny” to keep up appearances but still have the sex he really likes.

* VICTORIA * @ 01/04/2009 at 2:39 pm

Jett had Kawaski Syndrome, which made him ill alot, I read….Hope I spelled that right….If not, I apologize……..How very, very sad to bury a child….I have been there, burying my son also, from Leukemia….It IS an unimaginable heartbreak…….
I hope the Travolta’s find peace and love from their family and friends, and the fans and paparazzi give them much needed privacy……GOD SPEED YOUNG JETT !!!!!!…MAY GOD BLESS THE TRAVOLTA’S.

joneblaze @ 01/04/2009 at 2:40 pm

I cant fathom losing my son,so i know their pain is deep.R.I.P Jett
My prayers to the family

soo heartbreaking

BECKY SMITH @ 01/04/2009 at 2:44 pm

Jett is now free from all the pain and agony…It is nice that he was in
the Bahama’s ..Talk about changing the story.. one more time the
caretaker found him the next morning ..dead from a hit to the head from the bathtub.. no that is not right .. John found him and tried to rescue him but he died on the way to the hospital..He was also went into the bathroom and no one even looked in on him..

#4 sam lam idiot

you are so full of crapola!

It was Jett’s nanny idiot. He was a special needs child that needed help do to his medical problems.

#9, have you seen the picture of John kissing the “nanny” on the lips?

This family creeps me the eff out, but hey I don’t know them personally so who am I to judge? I’m sorry they lost a son. That must be terrible to endure.

TWPUMPKIN @ 01/04/2009 at 3:08 pm

MY HEART GOES OUT TO JOHN AND KELLY. NO ONE SHOULD HAVE TO BURY THEIR KID. GOD BLESS THEIR FAMILY.

Mr. Blonde @ 01/04/2009 at 3:14 pm

Is this really the time for conspiracy theories, #4?

At #13.

Go hide under a rock.

We will keep this family in our thoughts and prayers and wish them peace and love. Jett will always be with them in memory and spirit. Life is truly short and always make the best of the day we have here. Be strong, loving, caring, understanding, peaceful, and patient.

CIAO!!!

Taylorswiftfan @ 01/04/2009 at 3:34 pm

Have the people here ever lost someone close to them especially a child? You judge this family under a cloak of “concern” for the child, yet you scorn two parents in the worst possible way with evidence gained from gossip sites.

Liam bere @ 01/04/2009 at 4:00 pm

Those negative messages absolutely disgust me. You should all be ashamed. That family have more talent than you ******** could ever wish for and the religion or beliefs that they follow has nothing to do with you or anybody else for that matter. Amanda, you’re a pathetic horrible piece of ****. Its an extremely sad time for the family and It’s just as well that they have friends who can support them seeing as only a small handful of people seem to be here.

My heart goes out to John Travolta and his family.

#17, do your own research into Scientology. It’s not evidence from gossip sites, it’s real evidence from credible sources. If you learned more about what Scientology beliefs are, you would see why people are mad about this. Unless you ARE a Scientologist, you may be one of their shills that they have on the message boards doing damage control today. You can say that they shouldn’t be judged by their beliefs, but their beliefs create numerous crimes against humanity. It’s all out there, just go do your research.

god bless them

god bless <3

Jared: You should monitor these posts more closely. Now is not the time to be throwing darts at John Travolta. Let John and Kelly grieve for their son. They will live with this tragedy — now matter what led to it — for the rest of their lives.

I had always liked John Travolta until I read an article about how he and his wife would not acknowledge that their son had autism. In Scientology, it is considered a weakness. Kawasaki is a more acceptable disease since it is physical. Looking at pictures of Jett, he clearly had developmental problems. The experts all said that Kawasaki does not cause seizures, especially at 16. I feel for the Travoltas, but they have tons of money that could have provided early intervention and more functional life for their son.

#9, Jeff Kathrein was a lot more than “Jett’s nanny”.

#21 (fake boogie)

not my post.

but, sad for the family.

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All