Jennifer Love Hewitt & Ross McCall Split

Jennifer Love Hewitt & Ross McCall Split

Jennifer Love Hewitt and her fiancé Ross McCall have called off their engagement!

“They broke up over the holidays and have ended their engagement,” says a source close to the couple tells People. “They’re both really sad about this. Even their friends are surprised; they seemed really happy. Everyone just wants the best for both of them.”

The 29-year-old Ghost Whisperer star got engaged to the 32-year-old Scottish actor in November 2007 after dating for two years.

Photos: Michael Buckner/Getty
Posted to: Jennifer Love Hewitt, Ross McCall

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All
anonymous. @ 01/05/2009 at 4:30 pm

In Hollywood it seems if anybody has a longer engagement that 1 year and they don’t end up getting married, they end up splitting before marrying. Long engagements tend to mean they are not ready I guess.

That;s so sad!

FIRST!!!

Aw, I feel sorry for them…

They are both lovely people!

[☆I n F a m o u s☆] @ 01/05/2009 at 4:38 pm

…`jay-z & beyonce are still together – after 7 years. LOL

LolaSvelt @ 01/05/2009 at 4:50 pm

lol at her losing all that weight for the wedding…

sooo sad… but it wont be hard for her to find a new man :)

She left him for me. Yes, yes I am the luckiest guy in the world… Oh I have some swampland that would be wonderful for your new home.

YEP, NO SURPRISE THERE. THATS WHAT HAPPENS IN CULTURE WITH NO RESPECT FOR THE NOTION OF MARRIGE.

Thats sad, LOVED him in Band Of Brothers!

Mr. Blonde @ 01/05/2009 at 5:13 pm

How did they show a lack of respect for the institution of marriage, #9?

OH NO! She was so happy!

How do we know she was happy? What’s with the “Love” in her name? Sounds bonkers & sadly inappropriate!

Sorry to hear about this, but I agree with those who said that a long engagement typically equals never making it to the altar.

Probably wasn’t meant to be. I hope they both find what they are looking for.

ODDLY ENOUGH I SAW THIS ONE COMING WHEN THE ANOUNCED THEIR ENGAGEMENT.

OH WELL!

oh noooooo….who’s gonna love her size 2 (giggle) @ss now?????

I’m so sad about this. JLH is one of my favorite actresses & I thought she was really happy with Ross.

They are not meant to be. I love Jennifer Love. Good actress and singer too! What more could you ask for!

This is too bad. They seemed like a lovely couple.

Better to end it before the wedding, than to go through with a divorce later.

lurking in sd @ 01/05/2009 at 7:29 pm

maybe she’ll get back together with the pee boy after his paid romance with the x is over!

lakers fan in boston @ 01/05/2009 at 7:56 pm

damn i didnt no she was only 29
ive seen this chick since i was in freaking elementary school
i hope she finds some1 altho ive heard she’s like aniston and cant find any1
she’s also pretty cute =]

I was surprised. After she went through a lot of dating I thought Ross McCall was her last one and forever one. I wanted to believe in true love but I guess now mostly true love is a fairy tale or a miracle.

Really was suprised by this but it happen.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All