Taylor Lautner Secures 'New Moon'

Taylor Lautner Secures 'New Moon'

The much-loved Taylor Lautner will be staying on to play the popular werewolf character Jacob Black in New Moon, the sequel to the blockbuster film Twilight.

Director Chris Weitz posted on author Stephenie Meyer‘s official site, saying, “I’m very happy to announce that Taylor Lautner will be playing Jacob Black in New Moon and that he’s doing so with the enthusiastic support of Summit Entertainment, the producers, and Stephenie Meyer.”

He continues, “The characters in Stephenie‘s books go through extraordinary changes of circumstance and also appearance; so it is not surprising that there has been speculation about whether the same actor would portray a character who changes in so many surprising ways throughout the series. But it was my first instinct that Taylor was, is, and should be Jacob, and that the books would be best served by the actor who is emotionally right for the part. I think that fans of Twilight the book and the movie will be surprised by the Jacob Black that Taylor will bring to the screen in New Moon; and I’m looking forward to working with him and the rest of the cast in realizing the film.”

Stephenie adds, “I’d just like to add that I was very much a part of this decision. My first priority was always what was best for New Moon—what was going to give us the best possible movie. I’m truly thrilled that Taylor was the one who proved to the director, to Summit, and to me that he is the best possible Jacob we could have. And I’m very much looking forward to seeing what he’s going to bring to Jacob’s character this year.”

Michael Copon was rumored to take on the role of Jacob but Taylor obviously beat him out!

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 78 » Show All

OH YESSSSS!!!!so glad to this news.woot~

sharkboyyyyy is stillll JACOB!yay~

ok now this next movie better not suck like the first one. take your dang time with it!

HALLELUJAH! [sp?]
This made my day.
I was in a crappy mood, but when I came here and saw this…
I wanted to scream.
Wait till I tell my friend tomorrow at school.
Though I’m more excited then she will be.

They will use their brains and make him taller and a bit older.
:D

how are they going to make him 6’5 and look 25? he’s a shrimp!

Thank GOD it’s Taylor Lautner. I HATE Michael Copon so, SO MUCH. Taylor was the best part of Twilight, and I can’t wait to see him get more screen time.

vanessajonas @ 01/07/2009 at 9:12 pm

PERFECT!
take that coppooon! in your face!
taylor is made for this role=)

holy crap i am so excited about this!! yayyy taylor!!!

thanksssssssssss *-*
OMFG, I’M GONNA DIE! *-*
TAYLOR, MY HEART IS YOURS

FINALLY!!!!
CONGRATS TAYLOR!!!!
We all knew that you would have the part! :D
OMJ IM SO EXCITED!!!!
This is like, the best news in the world. AH!!!!

Something told me to check justjared for the 4th time today…
And IM SO GLAD THAT I DID!
AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

x3333333333333333

YAY!! taylor is the only jacob black!!

Twilight bored me, seriously, I didn’t not finish watching it…

YAY:)
taylor lautner! ;D

BEST DAY OF MY LIFEEEEEE
i screamed and cant stop smiling!!!

GOO TAYLOR!!!

silentsophi @ 01/07/2009 at 9:57 pm

Hopefully they will have aged Jacob appropriately for eclipse. I am still waiting for the deuce to be thrown on Launter. But he is awesome for the role….for now

haha. and that other person called michael coupon or something, was so sure that he was going to get the part saying “taylor lautner is around 120 pounds, so i will have to lose abit of weight….yeah…mhmmmm”. Being so self assured. writing “im in the twilight zone’ on his facebook. HA. I BET THAT FREAK IS FEELING SO STUPID RIGHT NOW.!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHHAHA

Kayla.hearts.Taylor @ 01/07/2009 at 10:05 pm

YAY!!!
OMT… I have been waiting for this since they first announced their thinking to replace Taylor.

I’m so happy.. Now I can actually go see the feckin movie.
:D

Team.Taylor.Forever
(I knew we could do it!)

I’m glad that they are keeping Taylor, but I think they are going too fast with a sequel. I fear it is going to suck.

And the first movie, Twilight, was just okay. Not as good as the book.

postwatcher @ 01/07/2009 at 10:18 pm

All the readers’ imaginations helped fill in the blank spaces in this very poorly written series of books.

If you want a real good and well written book, read “Interview With a Vampire”.

Stephenie is lucky that the world of media is full of crappy quick buck making drivel. She never would have sold her novels 20 years ago.

Stephen King has more talent in his toe jam than Stephenie.

Congrats to Taylor though. He deserves to keep this role.

postwatcher @ 01/07/2009 at 10:20 pm

vanessa @ 01/07/2009 at 9:07 pm how are they going to make 6′5 and look 25? he’s a shrimp!

***********************************
Hey V, it is called Hollywood magic…ie they are going to make him stand on a box, just like Mel Gibson and Tom Cruise had to.

I must be the only one, but I really don’t like him as Jacob!

HE IS THE BEST! I AM VERY HAPPY BECAUSE HE IS JUST PERFECT.
IN YOUR FACE MICHAEL COPON YOU AREN’T JACOB BLACK! CONGRATULATIONS TAYLOR YOU CAN DO YOUR BEST

YEAAAAAH FINALLY I CANT WAIT!

twilighter @ 01/07/2009 at 10:42 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

danieeelleee @ 01/07/2009 at 10:47 pm

yayyy!!!
he is sooooo hottt!!!!
;]
im sooo happyyy
he is absolutely PERFECT for the role of jacob!!!!

Hotness! I am sure he will pull the body together for the role rite quick!

xo