Taylor Lautner Secures 'New Moon'

Taylor Lautner Secures 'New Moon'

The much-loved Taylor Lautner will be staying on to play the popular werewolf character Jacob Black in New Moon, the sequel to the blockbuster film Twilight.

Director Chris Weitz posted on author Stephenie Meyer‘s official site, saying, “I’m very happy to announce that Taylor Lautner will be playing Jacob Black in New Moon and that he’s doing so with the enthusiastic support of Summit Entertainment, the producers, and Stephenie Meyer.”

He continues, “The characters in Stephenie‘s books go through extraordinary changes of circumstance and also appearance; so it is not surprising that there has been speculation about whether the same actor would portray a character who changes in so many surprising ways throughout the series. But it was my first instinct that Taylor was, is, and should be Jacob, and that the books would be best served by the actor who is emotionally right for the part. I think that fans of Twilight the book and the movie will be surprised by the Jacob Black that Taylor will bring to the screen in New Moon; and I’m looking forward to working with him and the rest of the cast in realizing the film.”

Stephenie adds, “I’d just like to add that I was very much a part of this decision. My first priority was always what was best for New Moon—what was going to give us the best possible movie. I’m truly thrilled that Taylor was the one who proved to the director, to Summit, and to me that he is the best possible Jacob we could have. And I’m very much looking forward to seeing what he’s going to bring to Jacob’s character this year.”

Michael Copon was rumored to take on the role of Jacob but Taylor obviously beat him out!

Getty
  • Former NFL kicker Rob Bironas passed away at 36 - US Weekly
  • Amber Heard's nude photos hit the web - TMZ
  • Find out why Sarah Silverman is slamming the tabloids - Gossip Cop
  • Kendall Jenner rocked 3 totally different looks in Milan - Just Jared Jr
  • Sir Mix-A-Lot is happy Nicki Minaj used his famous song - Huffington Post
  • Ryan Gosling is madly in love with his family - Lainey Gossip
  • Rosie Huntington-Whiteley always looks amazing - Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 12 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 » Show All

yay for taylor :D

yes yes yes!!!!
go sweet-taylor!

THANK GOD!
I would of been sooo upset if they didnt use him.

YAYYY :D<3

YAY I AM SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I <3 TAYLOR

tee paartis hombre lobbo (L)

Stephani R. @ 01/11/2009 at 4:43 pm

Yay I love Taylor as Jacob! I don’t think it would have been the same if Michael played him…..Woohoo for keeping Taylor!!

Like there was any question… Taylor is MADE for the part. Not to mention he is absolutly adorable. I want to adopt him to be my younger brother.

hana & Kezia @ 01/12/2009 at 2:11 am

O_M_G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yayayayayayayayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy…
we LOVE Taylor!!
SO happy that he got the part!!
he is a VERYY good actor.
(plus he’s CUTE, no HOT, no… BOTH!! hahahahahha~)
PERFECT Jacob.
NO subtitutions.
yayayyayayaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!
^0^ team Jacob slash Taylor!! ^0^

Miss_Hana @ 01/12/2009 at 2:16 am

TAYLOR ROCKS!!
TAYLOR RULEZ!!
BRILLIANT actor.
no proof needed.
he’s already DA BOMB.
HOTTNESS?! check!!
SENSE OF HANDSOME?! double check!!
ROCKIN’ BOD?! triple check!!
AWESOME acting?! checkcheckcheckcheck!!
^0^ ^0^ ^0^

OMG, YESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY! YAY! YAY!

YOU ROCK TAYLOR LAUTNER!
THANKS FOR STAYING DEDICATED!
I’M REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING THE MOVIE!!!

OMG, YESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY! YAY! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THAT MADE MY DAY! I’M SOOO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU ROCK TAYLOR LAUTNER! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANKS FOR STAYING DEDICATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I’M REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING THE MOVIE!!!

ps. Vanessa, put a sock in it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pps. take that Mike Copon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ppps. I <3 you Taylor!!!!!!!!!

OMG, YESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY! YAY! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THAT MADE MY DAY! I’M SOOO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU ROCK TAYLOR LAUTNER! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANKS FOR STAYING DEDICATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I’M REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING THE MOVIE!!!

ps. Vanessa, put a sock in it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pps. take that Mike Copon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ppps. I <3 you Taylor!!!!!!!!!

Mrs.sydneylautner @ 01/12/2009 at 7:48 pm

Totally Sexy! And i am so glad that he is in! He is gaining 30 pounds of Muscle!!!! Damn Sexy! I Absolutley LOVE Taylor Lautner!!!!!!!

when you are reading this dont stop or something bad will happen! My name is summer i am 15 years old i have blonde hair,many scars no nose or ears..i am dead.if you dont copy this just like from the ring, on 5 more sites.. or..i will appear one dark quiet night when your not expecting it by your bed with a knife and **** you. this is no joke something good will happen to you if you post this on 5 more pages

nettie and meli @ 01/14/2009 at 5:52 pm

NETTIE— OMGG!!!! I TOTALLYY LUV TAYLORR!..HESS OO DAMNN HOOOOTTT &&SEXIIII! ;]]]]] <3333

MELI— I’M SO HAPPY THAT TALOR LAUTNER IS IN NEW MOON HE’S SO F***ING HOT!!!!!!!!!
YEAH SEXY!!!!!!

i love talor lautner @ 01/14/2009 at 8:18 pm

i am so happy that he got the role and he is so much better than like the people who play bella and edward. they party to much and kristen shows no amotions ever.. have you ever seen her smile
answer: no
robert never washed his hair when he had it how gross and he tracks mud every where at red carpet prmeirs :(
on the other hand talor is so nice and is always dressed right and even smiles lol!!!!!!! he is the best guy in the world cause he cares about others and makes people laugh!!!!! HE IS AND ALWAYS BE JCOB BLACK!!!!! no that other guy yay…. i knew he would get the role and i love talor lautner !!!!! GO TEAM TALOR!!!!

i love talor lautner @ 01/14/2009 at 8:22 pm

TALOR WAS THE ONLY GOOD THING ABOUT THE MOVIE!!!! BUT DO NOT GET ME WRONG LOVED THE BOOKS JUST DID NOT LIKE THE CAST EXCEPT FOR TALOR LAUTNER LOVED HIM!!!!!!! SHE CHOOSE PEOPLE WHO COULD NOT HANDLE THE FAME BUT TALOR DID AND DOES!!!!!! UNLIKE THE PEOPLE WHO R SMOKING STUFF AND PARTYING (KRISTEN AND ROBERT) THEY NEED TO GET OUT OF THE BUISNESS IF THEY CAN NOT HANDLE IT….

TALOR IS JACOB BLACK AND ALWAYS WILL BE!!!!!!!!

Lauren Marsh @ 01/17/2009 at 6:29 pm

Hi, nice work !

mrs. cullen @ 01/17/2009 at 10:42 pm

GREAT; i was nervious about the other guy could be JACOB…
but LAUNTER ITS THE BEST JACOB!

happppppppyyyyyyyyyyyy!

TAYLOR ROCKS!!
TAYLOR RULEZ!!
BRILLIANT actor.
no proof needed.
he’s already DA BOMB.
HOTTNESS?! check!!
SENSE OF HANDSOME?! double check!!
ROCKIN’ BOD?! triple check!!
AWESOME acting?! checkcheckcheckcheck!!
^0^ ^0^ ^0^#109 said!!
lmaoo couldnt put it any betta hes 222222 perfect 4 da part!!!!!!!
TEAM JACOB/TAYLOR/KELLAN/EMMETT/ETC.. LOLS!!

ILY!!!!!! There’s this vid on youtube, and he shows of his 6pack and muscles and stuff and blimey he’s THE PERFECT JACOB. mind you, ithought that from the beginning , but now he’s even better. ***

Tayler has what it takes to play Jacob in new moon. He is perfect for that part.

Tayler has what it takes to be Jacon in new moon. He is perfect for that roll.

BRYNNE and andie!!!!1 @ 02/12/2009 at 5:06 pm

WE LOVE TAYLOR LAUTNER!!!

Pages: « 12 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 » Show All