Taylor Lautner Secures 'New Moon'

Taylor Lautner Secures 'New Moon'

The much-loved Taylor Lautner will be staying on to play the popular werewolf character Jacob Black in New Moon, the sequel to the blockbuster film Twilight.

Director Chris Weitz posted on author Stephenie Meyer‘s official site, saying, “I’m very happy to announce that Taylor Lautner will be playing Jacob Black in New Moon and that he’s doing so with the enthusiastic support of Summit Entertainment, the producers, and Stephenie Meyer.”

He continues, “The characters in Stephenie‘s books go through extraordinary changes of circumstance and also appearance; so it is not surprising that there has been speculation about whether the same actor would portray a character who changes in so many surprising ways throughout the series. But it was my first instinct that Taylor was, is, and should be Jacob, and that the books would be best served by the actor who is emotionally right for the part. I think that fans of Twilight the book and the movie will be surprised by the Jacob Black that Taylor will bring to the screen in New Moon; and I’m looking forward to working with him and the rest of the cast in realizing the film.”

Stephenie adds, “I’d just like to add that I was very much a part of this decision. My first priority was always what was best for New Moon—what was going to give us the best possible movie. I’m truly thrilled that Taylor was the one who proved to the director, to Summit, and to me that he is the best possible Jacob we could have. And I’m very much looking forward to seeing what he’s going to bring to Jacob’s character this year.”

Michael Copon was rumored to take on the role of Jacob but Taylor obviously beat him out!

• A Panthers NFL player has been deactivated for domestic abuse - TMZ
  • Charles Barkley is defending Adrian Peterson - Gossip Cop
  • Nolan Gould is all grown up on Modern Family - Just Jared Jr
  • Martha Stewart is slamming Gwyneth Paltrow - Huffington Post
  • What do you think of Emma Stone's LBD? - Lainey Gossip
  • An Amy Winehouse statue was erected in London - The Hollywood Reporter
  • Alessandra Ambrosio's legs are so long - Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 12 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 » Show All
BRYNNE&ANDIE @ 02/12/2009 at 5:09 pm

WE ARE OBSESSED WITH TWILIGHTTT!!!!!!!

BRYNNE&ANDIE @ 02/12/2009 at 5:11 pm

WE ARE MARRYING EDWARD CULLEN AND EMMETT CULLEN AND JACOB BLACKK!!!!!!!

BRYNNE&ANDIE @ 02/12/2009 at 5:12 pm

YYAAHHH
WE HAVE OCD!!!

….obsessive cullen disorderr

GET OVER IT!!!!
<333333

EU TE AMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TAYLOR LAUTNER :D
TE AMOOOOOOOOOO DEMAIS SOU APAIXONADA POR ELE GIRLS ;P
Good Bye
By: Emy Lautner

sumiko YAMADORI @ 02/21/2009 at 3:36 pm

I am happy Taylor Lautner beat out Michael Copon for the role of Jacob. Michael Copon in interviews is too phoney. Taylor Lautner is respectful and polite, a good guy with much talent to show.
He is much the better actor. Michael Copon is too old and out of shape for the role. Taylor is becoming a muscleman. Just like character of Jacob should be in the second movie.
He is better actor too.
Michael Copon in Scorpion King II was total joke, as was that whole movie.
Steven Strait would have been good Jacob…but Taylor is the best

Thank GOD! I’m really glad they’re keeping him on as Jacob Black. He seems to fit the role really well. He was very easy going and natural in the few scenes that he was in for Twilight. Plus, since Edward’s barely in New Moon (and therefore, Rob will barely be in the movie), I’m stoked that they’ve got Taylor playing Jacob. If I’ve gotta deal with the fact that Rob’s not gonna be in many scenes, then there better be someone good in his place. Lol.

lil_tiffy @ 03/05/2009 at 3:01 pm

omg i love him!!! im so glad he got the part!!! <333

Yay!! I loved him in Twilight!!

he is hot but he looks like he can probably a little maen

team jacob @ 03/14/2009 at 1:44 pm

i couldnt believe it when they were even thinking of replacing Taylor as Jacob…it was madness!! Taylor is perfect like he really looks exactly like the Jacob i pictured…im just so happy that he proved to everyone that he can be the ever Jacob.

Go Taylor..***

Congratulations! to Taylor Lautner for landing the role of jacob black in both films Twilight and New Moon. I don’t think there could have been anyone better to play jacob than him. I can’t wait to see him in new moon and eclipse. i’m glad that i am going to be able to see his character more.He is so young and he has proven to be a good actor…rising star. By the way he is looking great!

~TEAM JACOB rules~ @ 03/22/2009 at 1:17 am

OH EM GEE! IM SOOOOOO GLAD HES STILL IN :D i luv him and hes sooooooooooooo hott :D i luv his hawt abs..haha
~TEAM JACOB RULES~

OMG I LUV HIM!!!!!!!!! :DDDDDDDDD IM SO GLAD:) NO ONE KNOWS :D i luv taylor lautner..they couldnt have picked a better person to play jacob black!! :D

hes so hawt and i was serioulsy devastated when they thought about changing taylor lautner!!!!!! im so glad hes still in!! and hes freeking hawt :D

who would have wanted to see new moon without taylor??????????

im soooooooooooooooooo happy that taylor lautner will be playing jacob!!!!!!!!!!! i dont think there would be a different person to play jacob. its like taylor lautner was made for that part he is just so perfact for it!!!!!!!!! and b.t.w he is mayjorly hot and i dont think they could pick a hotter guy to play him!!!! have u seen his abs like omg georgious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-p

yes and they should’ve gave it to them from the begining

katie jonas @ 04/03/2009 at 6:03 pm

OMJB(Jacob Black) I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LUV HIM!!!!!!! HES GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!! HIS SIX-PACK IS AWESOME!!!!!!! HIS BICEPS R FREAKIN ENORMOUS!!!! I AM DEF GONNA GET THIS MOVIE ON DVD WEN IT CUMS OUT!!!!!!!!!!! I WILL SCREAM WHEN A SHIRTLESS SCENE COMES UP!!!!!!!!!!

Futrecullen @ 04/07/2009 at 6:17 pm

I LUV TAYLOR LAUTNER!!!

wow nnnnoooo I HATE TAYLOR. LIKE WTF HES LIKE 2 FEET TALL AND tAYLOR WILL NEVER BE BETTER THEN ROB.

yay :Dhaha he was the only one in twilight that could really act.soo excitedd :D

I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EDWARD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kocham Edwarda , jest prześliczny :P Hehe EDWARD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you

he is perfect. the hottest guy they would ever find.. i love him :D

gerrrrriiiii @ 04/21/2009 at 1:02 pm

I LOVE HIM SO MUCH
i love you taylorrrrrrr :)

Pages: « 12 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 » Show All