Anne Hathaway to Obama: Why Rick Warren?

Anne Hathaway to Obama: Why Rick Warren?

On Tuesday, Anne Hathaway was interviewed on the red carpet at the Palm Springs International Film Festival Awards Gala.

E! asked what she expected of President-elect Barack Obama in the New Year.

Said Anne, who has a gay brother, “I expect him to explain that choice of [Orange County mega-pastor] Rick Warren [to give the inauguration prayer]. I don’t get it. All my friends and I were trying to figure it out, but we just can’t. So I’d love that. Other than that, I expect nothing but the best.”

Watch the interview inside…

Anne Hathaway to Barack Obama: “Why Rick Warren?”
Photos: Michael Buckner/Getty, Saul Loeb/Stan Honda/AFP
Posted to: Anne Hathaway, Barack Obama, Rick Warren

Christopher Polk/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

and he owes her an explanation because…???

Shemp lugosi @ 01/08/2009 at 11:35 am

I didn’t think much of her before this, but now… she’s A-OK!

And who the hell do you think you are Ms. Horseface. Why do you deserve an explanation of anything except why you make so much money although you are so butt ugly. I ,would like an explanation of that!

Horseface? Real mature. So people have to be beautiful to make money (even though she IS beautiful)?

Is she not allowed an opinion now, or…?

Oh wait, I figured it out. Sarah, you’re Rick Warren!

oh shut up Anne

If guest, sarah and regina are an example of the people who voted for Obama, then nothing has changed.
We’ll see, I guess…

No to surprise you, but Obama is actually in fact a very strict Christian who is against gay marriage. Sometimes we forget this when he starts talking about “change” … Sad but true :-(

She’s right. I think Obama is trying to please too many people at once. Appeasing bigot evangelists won’t make the Evangelicals like you anymore.
I want someone to ask him why h seems so homophobic.

soujourner-truth @ 01/08/2009 at 12:08 pm

Hathaway (like much of Hollywood) is out of touch with mainstream American views and values. Obama had a very broad base of support that included people with views quite different from Hathaway’s. That is evidenced by the fact that the same Californians that elected Obama chose to vote against gay marriage.

shut up, anne!!
she used to be cute but is starting to get annoying
if she is so smart and righteous why did she get involved with her loser ex-boyfriend in the first place?!

People, Obama is representing USA, of course he does need to explain his choices in the governament… Is the last he can do, Americans have that right!

lol, some who voted for obama are just blind. sorry if anne offended your obama god, but anne was right.
change? don’t think so… cause he is just another politician.

Deka, she’s rich and you are not. I guess that at least makes her smarter than you. Who is the loser? The joke is on you, oh well.

you this is just a example of why Hollywood is just like a lot of people, hypercritical. They say they like diversity but when someone has different views from them they get mad cuz he has different views. Pathetic.

Is Anne knew anything of Rick Warren except the tidbits of biased so-called “news” from the liberal media, she wouldn’t have said those words. Why is it that Sheryl Crow has changed her mind about Warren after speaking with him? Because he is a good man.

Anne, you are losing a lot of fans with your reckless words and politically driven bias.

Obama’s already got the black vote, the gay vote, the lefty vote, in his pocket. He wants conservatives to like him, too, so he’ll pander as much as possible over the next four years. The guy is really more about popularity and symbolism than anything else. It’s like his main goal is to be everyone’s favorite president. Unfortunately, as he’ll soon find out, life doesn’t work that way. In order to be America’s president, he will have to make hard choices that will not make people happy.

Anne is one crazy *****! Love her, but Anne just be quiet and make kick ass movies!!!!

I thought Obama did explain why he picked Warren. Anyway, I’d like Anne to explain why she chose to be in “Bride Wars.” I don’t get it. All my friends and I were trying to figure it out, but we just can’t. So I’d love that. Other than that, I expect nothing but the best.

Obama has always shared where @ 01/08/2009 at 1:15 pm

he stood on the issues and Anne Hathaway must have been under a rock or to busy trying to pretend crook of a live-in BF for 3yrs was upstanding if she didn’t know Obama’s opinion. I’m tired of the far left lib’s acting like their asses put Obama in office, and if not for them, he’d be working on how to run for pres in 2012!

Rick Warren or who? The freaking Dalai Lama? Hell to the know ya funny looking non acting pasty faced Michael Jackson looking clown girl!

ITA. Rick Warren is a great guy, and he has a right to his opinion just like Anne, just like me, just like Obama. He’s a registered Indie, and he’s also someone who gives 90% of his income away and lives off the remaining 10%

I’m as fed up with the far left as I am with the far right. They’re both so busy trying to micro manage the rest of the worlds thoughts that they don’t even get how damn similar to each other they truly are.

I guess when Obama said he intended to be the President of everyone, Anne didn’t get the memo. It is okay to have people who disagree and to still invite them to the table. Rick Warren is as entitled to his opinion as Anne is to hers. I’ve had enough of the political BS that has ensnared this country for far too long and I’m happy that Obama kept his promise and intends to be an inclusive President. That’s one of the reasons I voted for him.

julianna marie @ 01/08/2009 at 1:26 pm

Obama did explain why he picked Rick Warren (immediately following the controversy). If we are a diverse nation who accepts different cultures, religions and political views, then we can’t set rules on who should be accepted and who should not. Obama had the right to pick whomever he felt comfortable with for his Inauguration. It does not make him a hypocrite since he stated many times throughout his campaign that he opposes gay marriage. He supports civil unions and equal rights (this was confirmed in the presidential debates and in the vice-presidential debates).

Do I personally agree with Rick Warren’s views on homosexuality? Absolutely not (here in Florida we had a measure to ban gay marriage and I voted against it- and it passed here too like in CA), but he has the same right to express his beliefs as I do mine. Obama was correct when he stated that we must bring all sides together whatever our differences are. As we have learned from the Bush years, ignoring the other political party does little to help this nation prosper. To understand those we disagree with, we have to open our ears and listen. It is the only way to learn and to form any healthy relationship.

If Obama refused to listen to those who agree with Rick Warren and isolate them from the process, then it makes him no better than anyone who closes their heart and mind to a differing point of view. You can’t simply leave people out because they disagree with you. He has taken the mature and responsible approach to governing thus far and I applaud him.

HATHAWAY is a criminal @ 01/08/2009 at 1:36 pm

and a GOLD DIGGER.

She dated and lived with a con man for four years, then conveniently “broke-up” with him a week before the FBI arrested him. He is currently in jail for YEARS. Charged with? Stealing non-stop to buy Hathaway Jewels, yachts, trips, designer clothes.

Now, she thinks it’s unhealthy to have any contact with her ex-fiance.

Sure, she didn’t know! FOUR YEARS!

okay , to number 3 sarah , your probably filled with jealous because your the one who’s a comeplete horseface. So id like an explanation of why sarah loves to type all strong , better yet say it to her face little girl.

youwillmissme @ 01/08/2009 at 2:01 pm