Kate Winslet Wins 2009 Golden Globe - Best Actress

Kate Winslet Wins 2009 Golden Globe - Best Actress

Revolutionary Road star Kate Winslet (in Yves Saint Laurent) proudly shows off her trophy for “Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture – Drama” at the 2009 Golden Globe Awards held at the Beverly Hilton Hotel on Sunday (January 11) in Beverly Hills, Calif.

During her acceptance speech, the 33-year-old British actress momentarily forgot Angelina Jolie was one of the contenders! “I’m so sorry Anne [Hathaway], Meryl [Streep], Kristin [Scott Thomas] – oh God, who’s the other one?” You can watch her acceptance speech here.

Kate also picked up a Globe for “Best Performance by an Actress In A Supporting Role in a Motion Picture” for her work in The Reader.

On the red carpet, Kate was accompanied by co-star Leonardo DiCaprio (in Giorgio Armani). Congrats, Kate!!!

30+ pictures inside of Kate Winslet @ the 2009 Golden Globes

kate winslet golden globes 2009 best actress 44
kate winslet golden globes 2009 best actress 45
kate winslet golden globes 2009 best actress 46
kate winslet golden globes 2009 best actress 47

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 » Show All
Naomi ling @ 01/12/2009 at 3:55 am

i was so happy to see that Kate finally won her much deserved award not only that she won two, she’s an amazing actress go kate

Congratulations you deserved to win at last.

shes just perfect. IM SO SO SO HAPPY FOR HER!!! she truly deserved both of those awards and heres to wishing her the best of luck at the oscars because she deserves at least one…..!!!!!!!!

karma for the brad @ 01/11/2009 at 11:08 pm Brad is a loser too.
Double KARMA for both of them!!!!
*****************************************

it has nothing to do with karma, especially since i don’t think winning cinema awards is important to either brad or angelina…
also, perhaps you should better acquaint yourself with the real, Hindu concept of karma…it does not involve such trivial events such as this.

When McCain referred to Obama as “that one” it made McCain look like an idiot. I’m sure Angelina being referred to “That other one” shows more about Kate than it does Angelina.

Well said Aida !!! But I really don’t think she wanted to be disrespectful, and I’m sure she apologized later to Angie.

Congratulations to Kate. She deserved to win in both categories.

congratulations Kate I’m so happy you won, what a night for you..

Congrats to Kate!

o bloody hell! she’s lovely but come back down to earth kate, she was brought up around where i live and its a little embarrasing even if she is taking the piss, lol but she deserves it, well done!

tina @ 01/12/2009 at 12:35 am

You are spon on…LOL, And that was not right what they did to Ryan Seacrest… Im so glad that neither of them won…..

I loved the dress, who wouldn’t be happy for her?
I loved that she ‘forgot’ the other ‘actress’ !
It must have made Angelina just cringe hearing outloud on stage how the other actors in the room feel about her.
That was so cute…and completely unintentional. ;- )

If they didnt care they wouldn’t have shown up…..

she’s so beautiful!!! kate&leo forever

crimmeny!!! @ 01/12/2009 at 8:40 am

This is a thread about KATE WINSLET people! Leave your insano jenniferbradangie triangle nonsense to their appropriate threads. Thanx.
Congrats to KATE WINSLET for her win it was well deserved.

I loved that Kate won, she is so amazing. I also laughed my ass off when she forgot Angie’s name. That was great.

congrats!

Sara,Italy @ 01/12/2009 at 9:38 am

Congratulations to Kate. She is a great actress and she deserved it…But did anyone else find her speach and all the love she showed for (my beloved) Leo a little too much? I wouldn’t be happy if I was her husband, but I hope things are ok between her and Mr Mendes.

She must have been overly wrought – to forget the name of the most beautiful and talented actress to ever live.

I don’t think Angelina or Brad will lose any sleep over not getting Golden Globes. They’re the most glamorous and beloved couple in the entire world with the type of beautiful family most only dream of.

Losers? Hardly!

“Who’s the other one?” Hahahahahahahahahaha!

I love Kate!

gone right off kate winslet, she is a ***** saying she had forgotten about the other nominee, what an utter *****. Angie has already won globes and an oscar. What an absolute ***** winslet was cannot believe it. SHE WON CAUSE SHE HAS BEEN NAKED FOR HOW LONG NOW PROMOTING THE FILM – as bad as sleeping with the producer/director etc. HATE HER

I’m so happy for her, she is such a great person. And her and leo should be together.

Is it just me? Kate’s terrific and I’m glad she finally won, especially for Revolutionary Road. BUT she is TOTALLY IN LOVE WITH LEO!!! Her husband seemed like an afterthought– frankly I believe she is absolutely crazy about DiCaprio.
Anyone else agree?

TiannaDylan @ 01/12/2009 at 11:23 am

She didn’t deserve that award. Pile of crap!

Tashaphelpsbasically @ 01/12/2009 at 12:15 pm

Congratulations! FINALLY!

I love Kate, she can do no wrong. She’s beautiful, but she’s also incredibly good at what she does.

I hope she wins the Oscar.
:]