Seraphina Affleck -- Jennifer Garner's New Daughter!

Seraphina Affleck -- Jennifer Garner's New Daughter!

Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck have announced the name of their second daughter — Seraphina Rose Elizabeth Affleck.

Jen‘s rep told People the news first.

Seraphina, who joins 3-year-old big sis Violet, is “derived from the Biblical word ‘seraphim,’ which was Hebrew in origin and meant ‘fiery ones.’ ” She was born last Tuesday (January 6) in Los Angeles.

WHAT DO YOU THINK of the name Seraphina — YAY or NAY?

• Big Brother Season 8 winner Evel Dick Donato gets hit by a car- TMZ
  • Maitland Ward's dress is definitely something you can't miss- Huffington Post
  • Anais Zanotti shows off her body in a yellow bikini - Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 » Show All

She can always go by just Sera.

Awhhh congrats :D

Im not that into it but she will probably be called SERA most of the time anyway

groundcontrol @ 01/13/2009 at 6:35 pm

Team Lara Croft @ 01/13/2009 at 6:21 pm #73: you are referring to the South African musical – great musical – Serafina. Great music to that show.

########

Agree completely. Wonderful movie. Very moving.

Seraphina @ 01/13/2009 at 6:39 pm

I bet they will call her Sera

I have to laugh at a lot of you ignoramuses. It’s not a weird celeb name. It’s an angelic name, and quite lovely, and no more old fashioned or weird than, say, Angelina.

And anyone who dictates what other people should or shouldn’t name their kids desperately needs a life.

aww love them and my aunts kid is named Serephina, it’s a beautiful name.

I like it. It’s not traditional, but doesn’t smack of privilege and arrogance either, like “Bronx Mowgli” Seraphina isn’t my type of name, but is still lovely in my opinion, and can spawn a few great nicknames (its bit of a mouthful) “Sera” “Fina” “Fifi”

YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like it!!!!!!!
Seraphina! Beautiful name. Sweet and elegant.
I like it!

beautiful (:

The name is Ugly!!!!

I think that is a very pretty @ 01/13/2009 at 7:22 pm

name. So feminine and strong, and it fits with Violets.

reminds me of seraphina pekkala from the golden compass(:
she was pretty. well, eva green, who played her was pretty. it’s great name.

I think it’s a terrible name. It seems pretentious and overblown. I don’t even like the nickname Sera. Everyone will always think it’s Sara and she’ll spend her life explaining her name. Life’s hard enough without that.

African Girl @ 01/13/2009 at 7:29 pm

I like it!!
If they had gone with Seraphina Elizabeth Rose Affleck, her initials would still be SERA. :)

LMAO! yuck! They should of stayed with Chase Milan Garner Affleck!

Serafina (pronounced the same) is a Marvel Comics female Superhero. I forget what powers she has, but maybe they chose that name because of the action hero thing. Who knows. Maybe some great great grandmother of the one of them had the name. It certainly is unusual.

emma_leigh @ 01/13/2009 at 7:44 pm

I think it’s….pretty awful to saddle a baby with that name. No offense to Ben & Jen meant. Hope they call her Sera!

Whoops — I’ve just been told Serafina is a villain in the Marvel comics universe!!! Not a superhero! That makes the name pretty bad ……..!!! (Sorry — I thought it was a superhero).

Another nutball Hollywood baby name! What is it with these people? Are they all on drugs? SMH!

Adoring Fan @ 01/13/2009 at 8:38 pm

Wow, I must admit I was not expecting that. I REALLY like it a lot. I can’t wait to learn how they decided on it. It will probably be hard for her to learn how to spell it. I guess they are expecting another genius child like Violet.

I don’t think the name is too long. It’s not like they are going to call her by all three/four names every day! lol I don’t like the name though. It’s a surprise. Not what I was expecting from Jennifer. However, on the other hand, I think nearly EVERYONE in the blogosphere that ever commented on what they think Jennifer would name this kid came up with Rose and Elizabeth in their top 10 and Rose was in MOST top 3s. So, maybe not a lot of imagination there if 100s or 1000s of people can guess your kid’s name before you announce it.

Seriously people… it’s not a weirdo, made up name, but a real and kinda traditional but uncommon name. Get it through your skulls: uncommon and “weird Hollywood” are not one and the same.

Anyone who thinks its ugly ought to have their standards of beauty checked. It’s lovely sounding.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 » Show All