Seraphina Affleck -- Jennifer Garner's New Daughter!

Seraphina Affleck -- Jennifer Garner's New Daughter!

Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck have announced the name of their second daughter — Seraphina Rose Elizabeth Affleck.

Jen‘s rep told People the news first.

Seraphina, who joins 3-year-old big sis Violet, is “derived from the Biblical word ‘seraphim,’ which was Hebrew in origin and meant ‘fiery ones.’ ” She was born last Tuesday (January 6) in Los Angeles.

WHAT DO YOU THINK of the name Seraphina — YAY or NAY?

• Heidi Montag congratulates Lauren Conrad on her wedding - US Weekly
  • August Alsina collapses during a performance- TMZ
  • Sharon Osbourne blasts U2 for their free album- Gossip Cop
  • Luke Perry has joined the cast of CSI: Cyber- Entertainment Weekly
  • Martha Stewart slams Gwyneth Paltrow- Huffington Post
  • Read a review of Keira Knightley's new film Laggies- Lainey Gossip
  • Jerry Seinfeld honors Joan Rivers at an award show- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Cora Keegan shows off her bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 » Show All

Ugh! That is all I am gonna say…

Horrible name to give a baby it’s an old name, for an old woman not a little babe. It’s also a latina name. Seraphina, is a name a lot of latinos give their children. I think Ben chose this name, because Jennifer Lopez liked it.

I love that name. It’s different, yes, but it’s not out there. :]

white witch @ 01/14/2009 at 5:13 am

Seraphina is the name of the kind witch in Northern Lights in the wonderful trilogy of novels by Philip Pulman. It’s a rather old fashion name.

Adoring Fan @ 01/14/2009 at 5:29 am

If JLo liked the name, why didn’t she name her own baby that instead of that nick name she gave her? Please leave JLo out of this. This has nothing to do with her. Ben and Jen have been together longer that him & JLo were. Please put an end to that ignorance. That is ancient history.

Seraphina ! Oh my god…It’s..ugly ! In french, Seraphine is almost okay..(et encore!) but Seraphina ? NAY !
But I was sure that they’ll name her Rose because of Violet so !

poor girl I just wonder what these parents were thinking? How ugly, and dumb to name her something so stupid How would you like to write out that long name, the meaning of the name is beautiful, but what an ugly name itself!

hated it!!! Couldn’t they come up with a more common name. Seraphina sounds like an egyptian goddess name. Ugh!! who wants that-

they wanted to name their 2ºnd daughter uglier because violet is cute but this? oh noo..

I LOVE IT!!! It is a name that you never hear, so I guess it’s understandable for others to have some dislike due to ignorance. As mentioned, they have many options for the what they want to call her. Sera, Phinny, Rose, Rosie, Beth, Liz, and so forth. You did good Jen and Ben and I’m soo looking forward to seeing this beautiful and healthy baby girl. Baby girls just keep bringing out the tender side in you. Violet is going to love having a sissy to play dolls, games, dress-up with.

Love you Benny boy and all the best to the familia always!

ciao

Seraphina it´s not a cute name at all, i think she´s cute but she deserved another name something like: Lilly or Samantha something common……now Jennifer is using those weird names as other celebrities (Suri, Shiloh, Apple, Pax,…..just for mention some)

Good luck to the new parents n’ Big Sister VIOLET!!!!

HORRIBLE NAME!!

Seraphina is a bit too long and very old…its not a ugly name but not very pretty too.I like Violet more.

sounds cute, new name never heard of that before.
Can’t wait to see the baby.

They picked a beautiful name for their daughter. Congrats Afflecks!

just_kate @ 01/14/2009 at 5:48 pm

Seraphina comes from the word Seraphim, the highest order of angels. So, yes it is an old name, but I think it is quite lovely. It’s not weird or trendy, but rather a biblical name, so I don’t understand people’s comments on how it is a “hollywood” name.

The name “Rose” is an old name… Always makes me think of Kate Winslet’s character in Titanic and my ancient great-aunt.

Congratulations to the Affleck family.

pretty name!

Clothesline @ 01/15/2009 at 5:15 am

fugly name for a brat to 2 narcissistic idiots for parents.

To Lucas and *** The Baby was named after
Grandparents Elizebeth is Ben’s Grandmother
Seraphina Rose Jennifer’s Grandmother

Sera Rose would be OK but…

Seraphina Affleck sounds HORRIBLE!!!

love that name!!!

shortform sera :)

George Feeny @ 01/15/2009 at 6:51 pm

I don’t really mind the name, but I don’t really understand why celebs have to give their kids weird names. What’s wrong with something simple?

I’m sure Seraphina will get shortened over time to Sera or something. Lucky her. She could have a name like Cocoa Arquette.

lovememadly @ 01/15/2009 at 10:04 pm

Its horrible.
what where they thinking.
In english or spanish its a horrid name.
ugg.

violetluver @ 01/16/2009 at 3:34 pm

I think its a kool name but they should at leat tell you how to say it but violet and seraphina – cute but i cant wait to see what she looks like!

that name its ridiculous its horrible in SPANISH if she lives in a latin country the kids will laugh of her

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 » Show All