Grey Gardens Movie -- FIRST LOOK

Grey Gardens Movie -- FIRST LOOK

Check out this new movie still from Grey Gardens featuring Drew Barrymore and Jessica Lange, who play ”Little Edie” and ”Big Edie” Bouvier Beale, relatives of Jackie Kennedy and the subjects of a cult 1976 documentary.

”It’s a beautiful, intriguing love story,” Drew tells EW of the mother and daughter who famously isolated themselves from the world inside their East Hampton mansion.

Grey Gardens is set to air in April 2009.

Mike Coppola/Getty
  • Rihanna reunites with her ex-boyfriend Drake in NYC- US Weekly
  • Jackie Chan is ashamed of his son after weed bust in China- TMZ
  • Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson rocky romance rumors completely false- Gossip Cop
  • Ariana Grande streams four new songs from her upcoming album- Just Jared Jr
  • Sin City co-director Frank Miller remembers Brittany Murphy- Huffington Post
  • Johnny Depp's daughter Lily Rose is heading to the big screen- Lainey Gossip
  • Selena Gomez kills the fashion game yet again- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

If you saw the documentary I doubt you would find anything “beautiful” about it. They were both very WEIRD and probably psychos. Harmless but very disturbed. I don’t find that “beautiful”. It was hardly a “mansion” but rather a very run down country house. Falling into decay and disrepair.

BECKY SMITH @ 01/15/2009 at 6:07 pm

Seeing how Drew cut up He is just not that into you.. You can tell that
she is totally into this project though.. Since they presented together
at the Golden Globes..

Drew is awesome

I hope this movie does well it sounds interesting

The older Drew gets, the more she looks like a even prettier version of her mother. Her mother was kind of pretty. Her father was amazingly beautiful, but her mother is who she really lookslike.

I’m very interested in seeing this movie. I’m also very interested in seeing the original documentary.
Weren’t they institutionalized?

I saw the musical for this in NYC…it was AMAZING!!! I don’t know if they (movie) can top the musical, but I’m looking forward to seeing it!

No, they were never institutionalized. The home was once a beautiful summer mansion, but they let it fall into ruin. The documentary is fascinating beyond comprehension, a real study on the extreme human condition.

i love this musical and the doco is intense and moving and tragic. i doubt very much however that drew can pull this off. she’s no actor. her mannerisms are maddening and she has zero depth. she mugs instead.

Shemp lugosi @ 01/15/2009 at 10:55 pm

This is NOT a musical, right? Cause if it were, the only person who could play the part is Christine Ebersole, although Hollis Resnick did an amazing job in the Chicago version.

finally: the “DUMB & DUMBER”-remake!!

Um, a “beautiful” story? WTF?

#12 for the win @ 01/16/2009 at 2:22 am

EXACTLY!! the version we never wanted to see. this is a story of abuse really. its a tragedy and intensely moving. ms barrymore could only dream of being able to play edie. dont see how it could EVER be described as beautiful or a love story.

Im sure Jessica Lange can pull this off, cause she can do crazy like no other. I love her:)

I am a young and elegant lady from us. i just wonder if i can meet a rich man here,because i am at the beginning of my career and i need someone’s support..i uploaded my hot photos on *****blackwhitefriends . c o m******* under the name Christina , maybe you want to check out my photos first!

Some of you guys are showing how either young, naive, or just limited intelligently you are with your comments regarding this absolutely not being a “love story.” You know love story means more than just a man and a woman falling in love ala Pretty Woman right? Love is so much more than that and I think Drew summed up this movie’s love story BEAUTIFULLY. She said that it’s a love story because to these two woman (mother and daughter) each other was enough for them for the rest of their lives. That she (Drew) couldn’t imagine how they managed to shut out the rest of the world and could be content with only each other and their living situation. I’m sorry but I agree with Drew that that IS love indeed.

Peter parker @ 01/16/2009 at 12:58 pm

I’m glad he’s all the man you need. Then it’ll be right for both of us.

Wish you well.

Peter parker @ 01/16/2009 at 1:01 pm

Glad I helped you realize it. You strike me as being even more lost than you think I am.

Peter parker @ 01/16/2009 at 2:26 pm

I have some cute Drew Barrymore movies coming to cheer me up so TIMELINESS would be good about now. Ever After, is that the one where she’s Cinderella with moxie? I remember liking that.

Anyway the walk back up convinced me I am really not going anywhere today. Anywhere at all. All wheezy, no air. SUCKS.

source:
bootstrap-productions.blogspot.com/2009/01/bright.html

Peter parker @ 01/16/2009 at 3:13 pm

Why did you break up with him?
What do you suppose you accomplished?

Peter parker @ 01/16/2009 at 4:13 pm

Just leave me be and maybe I’ll have the chance to become someone better than I am at present. You’re brutal.

Steven Warren @ 01/17/2009 at 10:31 pm

I have seen the documentary and the Broadway Play, you have to open your minds and hearts to see the love these two woman have for one another, they may display, dysfuntion, loathing and heartbreak but they are stong, determined and ruthless in their own right. The riches to rags story may offend the idealistic little girl who wishes to have her Knight in Shinnng Armour come in and take her away to a kingdom. This is a story of a real life and not some Hollywood manufactured fairy tale. Yes there was mental health problems with the family. You cannot forget that only in recent years did mental health come to the publics attention as it has. In the days of Big Edie and Little Edie mental health was only an issue that “Crazy” people had, it was especially concealed and drowned out if you are the Aunt and first cousin of the first lady of the President (Kennedy) of the USA. The one thing that the documentary showed me was that Jackie Kennedy-Onassis was a selfish woman who was cruel and mean to her own family and ashamed of her past. the fact is that only after the raid did cousin Lee (Jackie’s sister) try to help and it was Arostoltle Onassis who paid to have the house cleaned up and repairs made so that the woman who raised Jackie could remain in her home. The story is heartbreaking, the musical was wonderful and also heartbreaking and had the best singers for a story like this. The subliminal story to all of this is that it could happen to anyone. To have the world in the palm of your hands one day then over a period of time lose it and become so destitude that you are not even aware of the fact that you are not as you once were. “I looked in the mirror and what did I see a middled aged woman inhabitting me” are the lyrics from the soundtrack from the B/W musical. To appreciate the movie, look, listen, pay attention, and feel. If you don’t get it the first time watch it again damn-it!

Steven Warren @ 01/17/2009 at 10:34 pm

Don’t forget this is the first time in history that a Documentary has gone on to Broadway play/musical and now a movie. It is a movie about two real woman and their lives and there family. It is not science fiction and is not about Drew Barrymore or any other actress. Get your head out of the gossip rags and show some intelligence!

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All