It's Official: President Barack Obama!

It's Official: President Barack Obama!

Barack Obama takes oath of office from Chief Justice John Roberts to become the 44th president of the United States of America at the U.S. Capitol in Washington D.C. on Tuesday.

Although the oath took place minutes after noon, the transfer to power to President Obama occurred exactly at noon, according to law.

President Obama, 47, was joined by his wife, Michelle, and daughters. Malia, 10, kept it cute in a deep-blue belted J.Crew coat while 7-year-old Sasha popped in a pink coat, also by J.Crew, paired with an orange scarf and gloves.

Congratulations President Obama! Godspeed.

president barack obama 01

• Luke Mitchell has signed on to star in Members Only- Just Jared Jr
  • When will Blake Lively go live with her new lifestyle website?- Lainey Gossip
  • Mariel Booth shows off her bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 78 » Show All

41 Al

umm i think your wrong
that day hasn’t arrived because

your a ******* LOSER

phahhaha

Proud american @ 01/20/2009 at 4:19 pm

#42
I agree. There should be no double standard. I did not agree with Bush on a lot of his policies, but I never disrespected him. (When that shoe got thrown at him, I felt horrible! What ever happened to treat others the way you would want to be treated??)
Also, not everyone who screams “CHANGE” on the top of their lungs are “blind faith fools”. The country does need a lot of change, for example the stock market and the horrible condition it is in. A lot of people out there do know what they are talking about. And those who don’t and still scream change, at least understand that something big will happen to the country, for better or for worse.

Well, Getting old and dying with a disease is change too.
Not all change is good !

Scary to think that our next president is the one that our enemies wanted to win.
And there you have hit the nail on the head. Does no one question WHY is he the choice of our enemies? I do, and the answer scares me to the marrow of my bones.

*53

Amen to that babycakes

Dow is 8000 below because of Bush’s moronic rule. Obama started today and he will need at least two years to clean u the mess created by 2 republican terms

John F. Kennedy said, “Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country,” and Ronald Wilson Reagan said, “Government doesn’t solve problems, government is the problem.” We should never expect the government to do for us that which we are able to do for ourselves.
Obama should take THEIR advice.

Since George W. Bush was called “W”, do we now call Barak
H U S S E I N Obama “H” ??
Just curious.

In the event you are wondering where is Obama going to lead.
Obama will attempt to fix relations with the a r a b s. He will try to work treaties with them giving into their demands and bribing for safety to this country. All democrats will herald it as a great accomplishment of diplomacy. America will no longer be a super power. It will turn from getting involved in the affairs of the world. You probably have not thought about this or noticed but america is being bankrupted by Congress. Obama will be in office for 2 terms. It will be a long rough ride. They will get the USA back into the UN and call for an amerounion (Unification of Canada, Mexico and the USA). They will try to get America to abandon the constitution. Just like Nero looked on and play his lyre as Rome burned Obama will rejoice to sink the nation he hates come down .You wait and see.

I still don’t know what Change is coming – could someone PLEASE give me an example that is not rhetoric. Will we wake up tomorrow morning and the world as we know it will be different? The government will start paying my bills?
#53: I agree, I was mortified at the shoe throwing incident as well.

President Bush responded just like he should have after the attacks of 9/11/01!! Since know one paid any attention to Ollie North regarding Obama Bin Laden including former VP Al Gore!! during the senate hearings, it was a matter of time and former Pres Clinton also ignored the warnings by not taking him prisoner when offered! This should have happened with Former Pres. Bush – but he was not allowed to finish the job in Kuwait – thanks democrats!! you had control of the vote! Why is it that former Pres. Clinton could attack in other countries without the Senate or House vote or support and nothing is said about that?? – did you forget Sommalia and other places but he did nothing when our troops were attacked – the USS Cole!! President Bush had both the Senate & House votes of support!

The news media is so liberal that you do not receive both sides of any of the issues because if you disagree with them you are not publicized. The McCain/Palin and especially the Palin attacks are evidence of that! Are they going to attack Michelle Obama on much her wardrobe costs the taxpayers or better yet, us taxpayers also get to pay to have her mother live with them in the White House – I’m not aware of any other Presidents moving the rest of their family members in the White House with them to live.

President Bush responded just like he should have after the attacks of 9 /11 /01!! Since know one paid any attention to Ollie North regarding O b a m a B i n L a d e n including former VP Al Gore !! during the senate hearings, it was a matter of time and former Pres Clinton also ignored the warnings by not taking him prisoner when offered! This should have happened with Former Pres. Bush – but he was not allowed to finish the job in K u w a i t – thanks democrats!! you had control of the vote! Why is it that former Pres. Clinton could attack in other countries without the Senate or House vote or support and nothing is said about that?? – did you forget S o m a l i a and other places but he did nothing when our troops were attacked – the
U S S Cole!! President Bush had both the Senate & House votes of support!

The news media is so liberal that you do not receive both sides of any of the issues because if you disagree with them you are not publicized. The McCain/Palin and especially the Palin a t t a c k s are evidence of that! Are they going to a t t a c k Michelle Obama on much her wardrobe costs the taxpayers or better yet, us taxpayers also get to pay to have her mother live with them in the White House – I’m not aware of any other Presidents moving the rest of their family members in the White House with them to live.

Oh *61

just shuuuuutuuuuppp

your so silly

turn your computer offfffffff!

and go drown your in your sorrows

Just shut uppppp :)

and remember you and i will become ‘one’ :)

Proud american @ 01/20/2009 at 4:34 pm

#61
no one ever said that we would wake up tomorrow and everything would be different. Like someone else said on here, Obama will need at LEAST two years to fix the mess our country is in. I think when people talk about change, they are talking about the repairs our country needs. You honestly can’t think nothing needs repaired on our country. I’m confident that Obama and the rest of the leaders of the country and the World will work on repairing the mess we are in. (to be specific, as you supposedly like, I mean the financial mess.) I think people who aren’t a democrat, or who liked Bush are so bitter because everyone is blaming Bush for the financial mess. It is not all Bush’s fault. Sh*t Happens. But just like every other president in history that was in office when something went wrong, he inevitably the scapegoat.

What exactly has this empty suit done for this country in the 1 1/2 years he was a junior senator ?
What is there to be proud of ?
I want my check now !!!!

snowfairy @ 01/20/2009 at 4:36 pm

IM GONNA BE WAITING…..

lakers fan in boston @ 01/20/2009 at 4:38 pm

personally i dont like obama that much even tho im a democrat
but whatever best of luck obama, i dont think u’ll do all u promise but i do wish u luck

Presidents more or less can lead, they don’t make laws, they can take the country to war, appoint judges, and veto bills. They don’t make the economy work or not work, make it good or bad. They aren’t responsible for every little feel good project that you as the average citizen thinks is worthwhile. They don’t spend your tax dollars….the Congress and Senate do that. President Bush didn’t pressure the private sector to loan money to people who couldn’t pay it back. The Dems did that, including our New President Elect. Guess what, by the Government getting into the business of the private sector, they screwed a bunch of us. I suppose from the simpleton standpoint, it is easier to blame the President. The difference between an American, and a whiner born in America is illustrated correctly in my mind by Katrina, and the Floods which occurred later in the Mid West. Whiners, wanted the Feds to bail them out for Katrina, yet how many mayors and local officials in LA knew of the danger, and didn’t prepare for it? Don’t worry, that’s what the Feds are for right? When the floods in the Midwest hit, those folks more or less took care of one another and fixed their own problems, you didn’t hear them whining that Washington needs to do this, needs to do that. See, it’s about those who accept responsibility for themselves and their neighbors, and those that expect Washington to solve every little thing.

I want my check.
My eight kids are hangry. Their daddies can’t be found.
I want my check as PROMISED !

Bush was definitely the scapegoat.
Yes – folks need to wake up to reality and realize that “change” is not going to happen tomorrow. People also need to look at their own habits and realize that we have all contributed to the mess. Do people really need to go to Best Buy and max out their credit cards for a Playstation? Do people really have to have more kids and then not teach them to read? (Because said parent is playing Playstation) Do people really need to go and buy homes and cars they can’t afford?
And no, I’m not bitter – I just don’t see the need to spend almost 170 million on inauguration festivities. That’s excessive. Which explains the culture that got us in this mess in the first place.

My landlord is mad at me. I told him Obama was paying my rent from now on. I voted for him so now he owes it to me.

[☆I n F a m o u s☆] @ 01/20/2009 at 4:45 pm

..`today’s been wonderful. ;i laughed in so many cracker-faces! hahahaha this day rocks! i cant wait till i hear somebody insult my president… i’m gonna punch’em right in the face. lmbaoo

me and my 8 kids is still waiting for our check.

He is half white and raised by a white mother and white grandparents. What happened to his black father?

Proud american @ 01/20/2009 at 4:48 pm

#71
I agree again. I think we have some common ground here. I’m not liberal nor am I conservative. Obama said in his speech that we all need to “change”. He said we need to recognize our bad habits and start to fix things. I agree that 170 million is excessive, and he’s not exactly following his own advice on that part. But honestly everyone just needs to give him a chance. Obama Said, “What is required of us now is a new era of responsibility – a recognition, on the part of every American, that we have duties to ourselves, our nation and the world, duties that we do not grudgingly accept but rather seize gladly, firm in the knowledge that there is nothing so satisfying to the spirit, so defining of our character, than giving our all to a difficult task.”

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 78 » Show All