It's Official: President Barack Obama!

It's Official: President Barack Obama!

Barack Obama takes oath of office from Chief Justice John Roberts to become the 44th president of the United States of America at the U.S. Capitol in Washington D.C. on Tuesday.

Although the oath took place minutes after noon, the transfer to power to President Obama occurred exactly at noon, according to law.

President Obama, 47, was joined by his wife, Michelle, and daughters. Malia, 10, kept it cute in a deep-blue belted J.Crew coat while 7-year-old Sasha popped in a pink coat, also by J.Crew, paired with an orange scarf and gloves.

Congratulations President Obama! Godspeed.

president barack obama 01

• Cory Monteith's dad opens up on his death after one year- Gossip Cop
  • Luke Mitchell has signed on to star in Members Only- Just Jared Jr
  • When will Blake Lively go live with her new lifestyle website?- Lainey Gossip
  • Mariel Booth shows off her bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 12 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 » Show All
OBAMAISMYPRESIDENT @ 01/20/2009 at 8:26 pm

I think it is sad and funny at the same time that people are still saying negative things and rude comments…no matter how much you dont like the fact that YOUR new president is partially black your comments still dont change the fact that he is gonna be our president!!!!

qIANA joNES @ 01/20/2009 at 8:30 pm

OK ummm…..”whatever”. That’s considered what you said about the Koo-laid racist ok. I’m a young black lady and whatever race you are, i’m sure you know that a lot of african-american people drink koolaid. OK Why don’t you go choke. I don’t wanna start anything but, BARACK OBAMA IS THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, if you don’t like it…..well you can suck on a big toe for all i care. And Emilie you can say all you want but, you ARE NOT ABOVE THE US.CONSTITUTION> BANK ON IT BUDDY!!!! (I QUOTE HANCOCK)

allykat17 @ 01/20/2009 at 8:34 pm

Just a few things….Obama is president. To all the haters, you lost. you look like idiots carrying on, not accepting the fact. So put your big boy pants on and get over it. He’s your president too, I don’t see you getting up there trying to change things. Ok now, thought so.

OMG beyonce is singing a song for the fist dance at the inaugural ball.

groundcontrol @ 01/20/2009 at 8:39 pm

It’s incredibly ignorant to call someone racist because they didn’t support your candidate. There were many people with valid questions about Obama’s readiness to lead, especially in such turbulent times.

I hope that he is hugely successful and surrounds himself with wise advice. I also hope he has the self confidence and wisdom to heed such advice. I hope that he is brave enough to take what may have to be hard positions and lead us out of an economic quagmire and keep us safe.

On a more shallow note: Michelle’s outfit is a bust. It looks cheap and dowdy. But more importantly that material and the bling at her neckline are completely inappropriate for daytime wear. Who in the world is advising her? I am dreading tonight’s balls. I hope she makes a wiser choice. These things end up in the Smithsonian.

The speech was also very pedestrian and delivered with little passion. I think Obama realized this during its delivery. I wonder if it was that obnoxious little pisher, Jon Favreau, who wrote it?

Aretha, however, soared. She’s earned the right to wear that god awful seagull on her head. Re. Lowry was very moving. Wonderful to see him up there. A nice anecdote to the ridiculous nonsense that was the homophobic Rick Warren.

Here’s hoping the Dow recovers somewhat overnight and boosts Obama’s confidence levels. We should all hope for the best.

God Bless our new (authentic leader) President Obama, Mrs. Obama, Malia, Sacha, and Grandmother Robinson. God Bless every American and our Families!!!!!

I’m so proud of Obama. I belive in everything he says, I trust him and I think he’s going to bring us all that faith and all that hope that we lost.
It’s amazing what is happening to de USA. I can say with all the proud and the faith that I feel in my heart that we’ve chosen right.
LOVE YOU OBAMA!

Lisa @ 01/20/2009 at 4:14 pm
Prediction now with a l i b e r a l s o c i a l i s t President of the Dems:
Hyper-inflation
Hyper-unemployment
Stock market crash
Vietnam style ground war in Afghanistan
Major terrorist attack in USA
Oil restrictions push gas prices in the stratosphere, deeping the depression
******************************************************************************************

Thank you for reminding us of BUSH’S LEGACY.

Congrats to our new president!

Everyone is in such a hurry for some kind of change that they don’t even use common sense. We all want change. But can we trust a man that has Hussein for a middle name with our war on terrorism? I know I’m being judgemental but hey I haven’t forgotten 9/11 and what terrorists are capable of. It’s pathetic that everyone let’s celebrities persuade them to vote for. Get the facts and then decide on your own! You all complain about Bush but what would life had been like if Gore or Kerry had win? No matter what you always get criticized for trying to do the right thing. And for the record I thought Bush was great! So next time you vote, vote because you believe in what he stands for, the facts, not who endorses him.

Obama spent 170 million on his inauguration oh my gosh what does that tell you. We are in a mess and he spends that much on his inauguration. Not racist I don’t care if he’s white brown orange or pink but our economy is a mess he spends that much!! All I can say is wow. Oh by the way he is the first president to have tho Dow go down on the inauguration. It has not gone down this much before. Just wait people he just became president today give him a few months. Oh god help us. We are gonna have another terrorist attack on our soil before you know it. Because I say this cause Obama does not even want to talk about the war!! It’s all about energy not protecting our country!! God bless everyone!!

Whether or not Obama fixes everything, or only aids in the recovery, he will be better than George Bush and his downward spiral.

Angel-HEart @ 01/20/2009 at 9:20 pm

I think it’s sad that you get on a website and make these ridiculous comments about the man that’s going to lead this country for next 4 years. You don’t realize how simple minded you sound when you ridicule a man because his middle name is Hussein. He didn’t name his self, his white mother and his black father named him. You people really need to stop acting childish. You need to have faith in Obama believe that he’ll do a great job, he is our new president.

Obama rules life.

Michelle is still not looking good.

Pitchajarun @ 01/20/2009 at 9:52 pm

Wow… some of u americans really justify what the rest of the world thinks about you….. stupid, arrogant, ignorant & vain…. you finally get rid of that lump brained bush and can’t even embrace the hope of what could be… thank god for the americans who voted for Obama, thankfully you are the majority. I’m happy for America, at least you no longer look like a country of fools being led by a brainless war-mongering bobble head. (still can’t understand how braindead bush was voted in twice!!!!)

OBAMAISMYPRESIDENT @ 01/20/2009 at 9:52 pm

To Amber
If you only knew how ignorant you sound for judging someone by their middle name!!He didnt name himself when he was born but then again you also put bush and great in the same sentence

OBAMAISMYPRESIDENT @ 01/20/2009 at 9:57 pm

ann @ 01/20/2009 at 9:14 pm

To Ann
The Dow has been going down almost everyday.Just because it is the day of the inauguration that doesnt make it automatically stop going down.You cant change our economy status in ONE DAY use your brain to think before you speak

To Obamaismypresident,

honestly I could care less about being considered ignorant.. I feel the right to be able to judge. It’s a god given right. And like I said 9/11 is reason I don’t trust. If his parents gave him that middle name, that can only suggest on how he was raised. the man wouldn’t even salute the flag and was not proud to be an american? It’s pathetic. Bush was the best. But everyone only cares about themselves. Selfish!

OBAMAISMYPRESIDENT @ 01/20/2009 at 10:04 pm

Well lets just leave it at this you can have your opinion…I’ll have mine but either way BUSH is gone and OBAMA is President now whether you want to accept it or not!!!

obamarockz009 @ 01/20/2009 at 10:36 pm

All you hateful ******* need 2 go some where else… Nobody cares about your opinions… Sorry to tell u but Barack Obama is the new President of the Unites States and you just need to get over yourselves and accept that.. Dont hate because Bush left all this crap for Obama to clean up… He is gonna be a great president and you know it.. The only reason that you are makin such a fuss over it is because you dont want a BLACK MAN in the white house… Well, SORRY… but you need to get over yourselves and get a life and stop trying to take the joy that we feel for OBAMA being PRESIDENT of the UNITED STATES of AMERICA!! If you hate OBAMA being president so much, why are you visiting this particular page ABOUT him? You are just wasting your time, because nobody cares what you have to say… =)

LIKE I SAID BEFORE… GET THE **** OVER YOURSELVES AND GET A LIFE!

Lucy and Ethel @ 01/20/2009 at 10:37 pm

Love, love, love President Barack Obama and Michelle Obama.
This is a new beginning for America and the World.
Out with the “old” and in with the”NEW”
They are” first class” people in every sense of the word,
Education, style, honor, integrity and INTENTION.
They are the real deal.
All the anti-Obama people: Brace yourself.
He is going to do a GREAT job.
Best man ever to grace the White House Steps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

justacitizenwhocares @ 01/20/2009 at 11:01 pm

I’m not a racist; however the dream of MLK was for All men to be created equal and so forth….yet this presidency is based on “THE FIRST AFRICAN-AMERICAN PRESIDENT. Obama is NOT the First African-American president; he is THE FIRST BI-RACIAL PRESIDENT. And when everyone braces that idea, then the country can meld together without racism.

What is the deal with people anymore? Everything is racist when it comes to disliking a candiate. Racist this and racist that. I could care less if Obama was white black or polka dotted. I just don’t like him. If you say i’m racist, then go ahead. You’re the one that’s being racist.

[☆I n F a m o u s☆] @ 01/20/2009 at 11:09 pm

…`i feel; really bad for the few people who dislike obama. their apart of a very, very, very small group.. it must suck to know that the a-list super mega star celebrity you love and look up to – loves and looks up to obama! lmbaooo

screwobama @ 01/20/2009 at 11:14 pm

you guys are all idiots the economy goes through ups and downs and yes this is one of the worst its ever been but its not just from bush, if you dumbasses didnt know probably because it wasnt on mtv but if you didnt know the democrats were pretty much in control even when bush was president & basically the economy can only go up from here and obama will take all the credit when in fact hell do nothing because he is a piece of **** who got celebs to payy for him to make it as far as he did, you will all regret it just wait.

Pages: « 12 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 » Show All