Michelle Obama Debuts Inauguration Dress

Michelle Obama Debuts Inauguration Dress

Incoming First Lady, Michelle Obama, heads to St. John’s Church with President-elect Barack Obama on Tuesday morning prior to the Inauguration ceremony in Washington D.C.

Much has been made about the First Lady’s inauguration dress — which designer she will choose and how the outfit could set the done for her White House style. The L.A. Times takes a look at previous First Ladies and their outfit choices for the Inauguration of their husbands.

Larger picture of Michelle Obama‘s outfit inside HERE.

Michelle Obama chose designer Isabel Toledo for this Inauguration outfit.

WHAT DO YOU THINK of Michelle Obama’s Inauguration outfit – YAY or NAY?

michelle obama inauguration dress

Photos: AP Images
Posted to: Barack Obama, Michelle Obama

Getty
  • Lisa Kudrow completed her jury duty in one day- TMZ
  • Watch the new music video for Hunter Hayes' song "Tattoo"- Just Jared Jr
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 » Show All

It’s a great day!!!

Love Michelle. It’s a great day!

oh my gosh!!!!!!she looks gorgeous!

She could step out sans clothing and it wouldn’t bother me, because it’s a GREAT day!
It’s a great day…

I just wish I could be in Washington to witness it all.

Preident Obama & first Lady look beautiful…Good luck Mr President you have alot of work ahead of you..and it will not be easy..

Beautiful….It’s a new day.

“It’s a GREAT day” was the first thing that came to mind when I saw this post. I’m sensing I’m not the only one.

Not crazy about her outfit! Maybe if she had closed her coat it would have looked nicer!

Designer is Isabel Toledo from New York.

Lindsay kate @ 01/20/2009 at 10:04 am

awful outfit… sorry michelle you out of your league ….
Barrack is hot hot hot!

Jared, the Today show just said the designer is Isabelle Toledo, a Cuban-American designer.

alexanderina @ 01/20/2009 at 10:08 am

She looks very nice. Thanks Jared for this thread.

Today is a great day in America

alexanderina @ 01/20/2009 at 10:08 am

OMFG I am so excited about today President Obama is like 2 hours away from becoming the President. This is such an historic day not only in our country but all over the world as well. I have to go to work today but I am DVRing the ceremony. Gosh this is so AMAZING. Who would have ever thought that there will be a black president of the USA especially in our lifetime, I didn’t but I am so glad it happened in my lifetime.

PRESIDENT OBAMA!!! I love it

They both look great . That color is very flattering on her – she looks radiant.

fashion smashion @ 01/20/2009 at 10:11 am

jared if you are trying to become a fashion website it’s not going to happen. you started out as gossiping and making fun of people, readers will stop coming on here if you attempt to pretend like you know fashion.

Dreamytime @ 01/20/2009 at 10:15 am

The color is great, but the cut makes me think of a Grandma dress. It just isn’t flattering for her as the new ‘hope’, it screams ’50′s June Cleaver”!

i like it! but why green shoes with a yellow outfit?

Yay. Absolutely. She looks beautiful. Gorgeous First Lady.

Good luck, America. I wish you all the best!

She looks great! Who cares what she wears though, Americans are obsessed with what people wear. The woman happens to be very intelligent and has the opportunity to do a lot of good things in her role as first lady. Stop judging her on her fashion sense , its so sexist

totally inappropiate to post a yay or nay about what she is wearing…I HATE BLOGGERS!!

* VICTORIA * @ 01/20/2009 at 10:23 am

AGREE, ANNE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!…..NUMBER # 18..What ARE you talking about?….JARED is NOT trying to ” know fashion “….He is merely commenting on Michelle’s outfit, which is beautiful….JARED only said the ” LA times looks at different First Lady’s outfit’s “….and then he asked for everyone’s opinion on Michelle’s outfit….How is that pretending anything ?…NUMBER # 13…..Michelle ” out of her league “?…..ARE YOU SERIOUS?….HAVE YOU READ ANYTHING AT ALL ABOUT HER BACKGROUND?………Obviously not >…….I think someone is very jealous of the First Lady…..
Wish I also could be there……You should have taken me Jared…BUT, have a great time and stay warm….Anyone there today is very lucky…..Good for them !!!!!!!..CONGRATULATIONS, MR. PRESIDENT, AND GOOD-BYE PRESIDENT BUSH….even after all of his faults, I wish him and Mrs. Bush well, and the best of a peaceful and deserved retirement…..

* VICTORIA * @ 01/20/2009 at 10:23 am