Michelle Obama Debuts Inauguration Dress

Michelle Obama Debuts Inauguration Dress

Incoming First Lady, Michelle Obama, heads to St. John’s Church with President-elect Barack Obama on Tuesday morning prior to the Inauguration ceremony in Washington D.C.

Much has been made about the First Lady’s inauguration dress — which designer she will choose and how the outfit could set the done for her White House style. The L.A. Times takes a look at previous First Ladies and their outfit choices for the Inauguration of their husbands.

Larger picture of Michelle Obama‘s outfit inside HERE.

Michelle Obama chose designer Isabel Toledo for this Inauguration outfit.

WHAT DO YOU THINK of Michelle Obama’s Inauguration outfit – YAY or NAY?

michelle obama inauguration dress

Photos: AP Images
Posted to: Barack Obama, Michelle Obama

Frazer Harrison/Getty

It’s a great day!!!

Love Michelle. It’s a great day!

oh my gosh!!!!!!she looks gorgeous!

She could step out sans clothing and it wouldn’t bother me, because it’s a GREAT day!
It’s a great day…

I just wish I could be in Washington to witness it all.

Preident Obama & first Lady look beautiful…Good luck Mr President you have alot of work ahead of you..and it will not be easy..

Beautiful….It’s a new day.

“It’s a GREAT day” was the first thing that came to mind when I saw this post. I’m sensing I’m not the only one.

Not crazy about her outfit! Maybe if she had closed her coat it would have looked nicer!

Designer is Isabel Toledo from New York.

Lindsay kate @ 01/20/2009 at 10:04 am

awful outfit… sorry michelle you out of your league ….
Barrack is hot hot hot!

Jared, the Today show just said the designer is Isabelle Toledo, a Cuban-American designer.

alexanderina @ 01/20/2009 at 10:08 am

She looks very nice. Thanks Jared for this thread.

Today is a great day in America

alexanderina @ 01/20/2009 at 10:08 am

OMFG I am so excited about today President Obama is like 2 hours away from becoming the President. This is such an historic day not only in our country but all over the world as well. I have to go to work today but I am DVRing the ceremony. Gosh this is so AMAZING. Who would have ever thought that there will be a black president of the USA especially in our lifetime, I didn’t but I am so glad it happened in my lifetime.

PRESIDENT OBAMA!!! I love it

They both look great . That color is very flattering on her – she looks radiant.

fashion smashion @ 01/20/2009 at 10:11 am

jared if you are trying to become a fashion website it’s not going to happen. you started out as gossiping and making fun of people, readers will stop coming on here if you attempt to pretend like you know fashion.

Dreamytime @ 01/20/2009 at 10:15 am

The color is great, but the cut makes me think of a Grandma dress. It just isn’t flattering for her as the new ‘hope’, it screams ’50′s June Cleaver”!

i like it! but why green shoes with a yellow outfit?

Yay. Absolutely. She looks beautiful. Gorgeous First Lady.

Good luck, America. I wish you all the best!

She looks great! Who cares what she wears though, Americans are obsessed with what people wear. The woman happens to be very intelligent and has the opportunity to do a lot of good things in her role as first lady. Stop judging her on her fashion sense , its so sexist

totally inappropiate to post a yay or nay about what she is wearing…I HATE BLOGGERS!!

* VICTORIA * @ 01/20/2009 at 10:23 am

AGREE, ANNE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!…..NUMBER # 18..What ARE you talking about?….JARED is NOT trying to ” know fashion “….He is merely commenting on Michelle’s outfit, which is beautiful….JARED only said the ” LA times looks at different First Lady’s outfit’s “….and then he asked for everyone’s opinion on Michelle’s outfit….How is that pretending anything ?…NUMBER # 13…..Michelle ” out of her league “?…..ARE YOU SERIOUS?….HAVE YOU READ ANYTHING AT ALL ABOUT HER BACKGROUND?………Obviously not >…….I think someone is very jealous of the First Lady…..
Wish I also could be there……You should have taken me Jared…BUT, have a great time and stay warm….Anyone there today is very lucky…..Good for them !!!!!!!..CONGRATULATIONS, MR. PRESIDENT, AND GOOD-BYE PRESIDENT BUSH….even after all of his faults, I wish him and Mrs. Bush well, and the best of a peaceful and deserved retirement…..

* VICTORIA * @ 01/20/2009 at 10:23 am

I agree #23, that was my exact thought.
Why is what she wears so imperative?
Why do everyone think they know fashion these days?

kinda funny how people in america like someone just because they may dress nice and to them it makes the person a good one. it makes me sad that everyone was fooled by ****** gift in a nice package.

who cares what she wears

Well, since she is as HUGE as a cow, I guess wearing layers help cover some of it up.

Only under the Democrats do the rich get richer and the poor get poorer!This is only an indicator of things yet to come!Do you truly expect, the Messiah to stop tax breaks to the rich and force them to give their monies to the poor, as he pledge?If so, tap your heels together three times and say, I wish I was home, then check yourself into a psychiatric hospital for being stupid enough to believe his rhetoric!BY THE WAY, PRESIDENT ABE LINCOLN WAS A REPUBLICAN WHO FOUGHT THE MONEY GRABBING DEMOCRATS IN THE NORTHEAST WHO OWNED THE SHIPPING BUSINESS AND THE DEMOCRATIC LANDOWNERS IN THE SOUTH WHO WANTED SLAVERY TO CONTINUE!IT WAS THE REPUBLICAN PRESIDENT ABE LINCOLN WHO FOUGHT THE CIVIL WAR TO STOP SLAVERY!!!!Not a Kennedy, not a Reid, not a Pelosi!Perhaps, if the liberals would explain our history to our children of all races more, then the truth will come out, instead of brainwashing them!

nancy napier @ 01/20/2009 at 10:47 am

NAY. Not flattering to her height or size. makes her look heavy. The outfit reminds me of the type of clothes Jackie Kennedy wore in her day. She is not a small woman like Jackie was. I have seen Michelle in dresses that were great for her…but not this one.

I can’t wait for that moment!

BTW, Ignore the f-er with the alias “Brad”. Fu*king exhibitionist!

#31 “Steve”- Yes, Lincoln was a Republican, but the Republican party of his day is nothing like the Republican party of today.

You might want to truly study up on the facts before you mouth off in such a knee-jerk kind of way. It makes you look reactionary, fearful, and ignorant.

@ Steve, is it really about the party, or the man?

mediterranean @ 01/20/2009 at 11:12 am

She is not supposed to be a fashion icon. She is a lawyer and the wife of the President of U.S.A. That’s all.

Good luck Obama! May God be with you during your time. We are all optimistic today for the future. The change we believe with him.

mediterranean @ 01/20/2009 at 11:15 am

Abraham Lincoln was the first Republican elected to the Presidency.

The dress is lovely on its own, but it doesn’t suit her shape at all. She is very bottom heavy and the dress seems to accentuate that.

Thank you Democrats. You wanted the keys to the car and now you have them. Both to the White House and Congress. When you crash, there will be no one else to blame.

Today is an Obamanation.

America is in the toilet and today marks the day Obummer and the Dems officially flush it down — while the brainwashed masses cheer. We are headed for Depression and a foreign policy collapse, all while you liberal lemmings walk off the ledge and drag us with you.

The smart people are ready. The dumb ones voted for Osama, I mean Obama Hussein.

She looks pregnant.

i love that folks are dissing Jared because his post is about her outfit and not on rumors that she slept with Joe Biden on the campaign trial. whatever, you guys need a life more than Jared does.

don’t worry, the reports that Brad is being implanted with the first male womb since the docs said Angie will kick it if she has another kid will be back tomorrow.

as for Michelle, could she be any more Fluggly looking. The fabric is a nice color on her. the cut is horrid. as someone else said, granny dress. and the matching coat is overkill on the granny front. all that brocade does NOT help. And her lack of hair a big negative.

she should have taken a page from Jackie O. done a nice professional upsweep to the hair with a more suit style cut to the dress. or at least a fitted dress and not the sack look she has.

hopefully tonight for the Ball (since they are going to waste on that money on it) she’ll have something better looking. unless it was designed by the same person. then eekk. I hope at least she didn’t have to pay for any of this. if she did, demand the money back

hey political naysayers. why don’t you can it. stop dissing the guy cause he’s a democrat or cause he’s black or whatever. the guy that had the job before sucked and look how we ended up, the guy from his party didn’t show a lot of faith that he could see the mistakes that were made and would fix them. Obama talked the good talk about cleaning up the mess, which is what we need.

so lets give the guy a chance. And when he fails to live up to his hype then you can have at him. Because of what he did or didn’t do. Not because you got a think about Dems or Blacks or men that marry frumpy dressing women or whatever your issue is.

Just saw George Bush Senior, and May God Bless his sinful soul.
The Son of a Gun can hardly walk.

Bless his Soul.

ANGELINA RULES @ 01/20/2009 at 11:36 am

Nice dress, but she looks pregnant.

#36 said “The Republican Party of the 1860s was NOTHING like the Democrat party of today. Where did you get your degree in history? (I do have a degree in American history).”

——————

Uh huh. But I never said that, so you might want to re-read what I wrote. I said nothing about the Democratic party.

yay… She looks great!

Never forget one thing though——-Barack is WHITE. Raised and taken care of by a white mother.

Half of the people who voted him don´t even know what his program looks like—colour is all that matters it seems.

While this is a very historical day I have to say that I personally do not care for the color or fabric for this occassion. I like the lines, length and how it performs on her body I just don’t care for the color, texture or embellishment of the costume!

She should have aquired ST JOHN KNITS for consultation and construction design of a ST JOHN SUIT!!!

That’s all there is to that. Otherwise, great day!

They look great! Michelle’s outfit is beautiful and classy. She will provide a new sense of style for sure. Best wishes to the new first family!

She would set a better example if she held her head up and wasn’t always so hunched over. Not flattering at all compared to some outfits she has worn – her stomach looks like she is pregnant.

lips,tits smack that old ass. @ 01/20/2009 at 12:12 pm

YAY.WE HAVE A NEW PRESIDENT .YAY, YAY. YAY.

A percentage of the Black population today has another race somewhere down the line. Yet, they are ALL constituted as BLACK. What is he suppose to do? What is he suppose to say?
I am sooooooooooooooooo f-in sick of the race controversy . So sick of it. So sick, even now Matin Luther King’s speech has still not come to past. When are we going to get over it? When are we?

Very pretty, most flattering, but what is that thing she’s wearing over the charming dress and under the lovely coat? It looks like a cardigan…

I understand that it’s VERY VERY COLD out there today, but may she could have taken a leaf from Princess Di’s fashion book of tricks and worn a version of silk thermals under the dress. That cardigan or whatever it is is not so good.

I always wonder why the first ladies wear dresses on such a cold day. Why can’t/don’t they wear pantsuits or at least boots?

Quote # 56
lalalove @ 01/20/2009 at 12:22 pm @ #49, The man can easy well look in the mirror and note his traits, and identify himself as a BLACK MAN, because he IS a black man, regardless of his “white mother”. It’s evident that his black traits are more prominent!

He IS half white. His WHITE traits are what made him intelligent. NOT his black ones. Anyone with half a brain knows this.
But Obama WAS elected ONLY because his skin is tan.
Didn’t Martin Luther King, the womanizing cheater, say that he hopes one day that man can be judged NOT by the color of his skin ?
So much for that idea. Because the ONLY reason Obama was elected was BECAUSE of the color of his skin.
He is an EMPTY suit.
If we’re all back here in 6 months we’ll see if our opinions are still the same. Everyone have a good one. Ward and June are going to have lunch now. Good Luck to all! You’re going to NEED it ! Ha ha.

The dress is beautiful but completely inappropriate for daytime wear. Rhinestones?? Someone needs to teach her how to dress and how to walk. She lopes like a man.

fat first lady @ 01/20/2009 at 12:45 pm

she needs the overcoat to cover all the weight she’s gained.
maybe she’s hanging out too much with Oprah who tops 200 lbs.

Great day for America….but awful dress!!!!! It´s winter what is she doing in yellow anyway? And the cut…terrible…

wooden legs angelina @ 01/20/2009 at 12:48 pm

What a wonderful day for America and the world watching … this women and couple is one to admire. The Obama’s truly inspire.

Jolie-Pitt @ 01/20/2009 at 12:59 pm

am so happy for them. Great Change. Hope that this great change will happen in all the blog, gossip site no hating again. Everyone will come together. No more curse word. CHANGE

How hot is OUR FIRST LADY?! SHE LOOKED GOOD!

@ #58 Jayden. Are you looking for a grave reaction from me with such an ignorant, obtuse retort?
I hope you’re not white, because if so, then you just put your feet in your own mouth.

I just noticed that a person on here is going by the alias “lala”. I think I need to change my “lalalove” then.

What a Beautiful First Lady– YES WE DID!!!!

Congratulations to now “President Obama”. Since America is the powerhouse of the world, Obama is now the most powerful man on earth. All you bigoted f-ers, and White Supremacy groups can now stay home and eat your hearts out, or preferably eradicate yourselves. Because the day has come to past

jayden, you racist *****—do yourself a favor and go commiserate with your friends on stormfront.

mia @ 01/20/2009 at 10:17 am
i like it! but why green shoes with a yellow outfit?
******************************************************************************************

Why not?

all is free to voice there opinions, whether it be negative or positive. At the end of the day Obama and Michelle will still be President & first lady…what will you be? It’s a happy day, maybe not for you but for many and with that said who cares what Michelle has on, she is an intelligent woman, a lawyer, a great mother, a wife, the first lady. This is a miraculous day in history and i know i am happy to see it.

ace tomato @ 01/20/2009 at 1:44 pm

It’s a lovely, classic outfit. Elegant.

I did not vote for Obama, but now that he is officially our President I hope other Republicans like myself can keep any criticism of the Obamas to any policy decisions we disagree with, and not attack them as people.

The worst thing, IMHO, is when someone from the opposing political party does the, “He’s not MY President, I voted for (fill in loser’s name)>” That happened a lot with Bush.

I hope we can take a higher ground and agree not to degrade the office of the President of the United States anymore, no matter who it is.

Best wished to Obama and our country!

OBAMA DON’T GIVE THE POOR ALL THE MONEY I WORKED FOR…GIVE THEM MY WORK ETHIC INSTEAD!!!!

SAnrdalee @ 01/20/2009 at 1:44 pm

Awful color. The little girls looked beautiful. Why, oh, why doesn;t someone advise her how to dress!?!?! She’s got so much to work with (nice figure, hair, long legs) and she wears a baby puke green stiff itchy looking beaded dress. Dear Lord.

An awful outfit with an inappropriate amount of glitz for the time of day and the occasion.

The outfit would work better for a gala or something like that, I wish this lovely family all the happiness in the world, but Michelle, it’s is now time that you invest in a good suit. Honeslty, blue skinny jeans and rhinestones are no longer acceptable for you to wear. I just hope he brings the real changes he promised.

Is she pregnant?

I love the dress, she does her own thing, her body is tight…Barack is white? are you serious # 49 ?.that is the joke of the day…

She looks wonderful. What a proud moment and how elegant they both look – aware of the significance and honoring it beautifully.

Wonderful, amazing inauguration! Have loved Michelle’s outfits for the pre inaugural events and thought she looked amazing. What happened today? She is a stunning and beautiful woman and whoever designed and styled her outfit today should be shot! It was awful. Dreadful.
After the fabulous camel and black ensemble and the black and purple both of which were F A B U L U S S, she stepped out today in this matronly, awful outfit.

I love the first family, they are incredible and so I would like to be Michelle’s stylist from now on. :)

Tree trunk legs.

lalalove says it’s not okay to discuss race, yet it’s okay for him/her to insult a former president in whatever manner he/she chooses. can you say HYPOCRITE?

She’ll be offered help with dressing herself soon enough. This was as bad as the dress she chose the night he won the election. Girlfriend needs some help because she’s a very pretty woman and can look a lot better than this.

anonymous @ 01/20/2009 at 2:23 pm

GRANDMOTHERLY!!!!!Ugh. We know she means business.

The Dow is down 233 points. I thought the Messiah was supposed to change all of this? Can people stop celebrating and get out of lala-land? Where’s the promised change? Where’s the hope?
What a bunch of baloney and people need to wake up and not depend on a president (Dem or Rep) to fix their lives.
The new prez ain’t gonna pay your bills, yo!

Who cares what she is wearing; it is a great day to be an American!

i love the Obamas. They are both BEAUTIFUL people! Michelle’s dress definately a WINNER!

Michelle looked great today. I love her dress and the coat. The ensemble, including the green gloves, was very well put together. BUT those teal emerald green SHOES clash! How could she have not picked a better color pair of shoes. Oh horrors were it not for the fact that they are down on her feet, where few can see them.

~*CaThErInE .M. ViLLa*~ @ 01/20/2009 at 2:40 pm

Beautiful Outfit very Lady Like

I liked the outfit, the color was great on her and at the luncheon she removed the coat and that was a cardigan under it.

What is didn’t like was the fit, the shiny stockings and the lining in the coat.

God Bless America!

Lol, ignore the racists, bigots, and sour grapes y’all *rolls eyes*

the President looked distinguished as always, and she looked as she always does… out of her league. Very nice dress, but it didn’t fit her figure properly… and the kelly-green shoes with olive-green gloves – yikes! She needs to contact Angela Basset’s stylist for direction…. and someone please teach her how to walk like a lady!!!

________________________________

If you’re going to attempt to counter my argument, please come with a bit less accusations, a bit less ignorance, and something thought through. Please refrain from putting words in my mouth. Do tell, when did I insult a former President?
In addiction, I believe I said (and I’m paraphrasing here), “…when are we going to stop looking at a man’s race, and that King’s speech has still not yet come to past”.

obamaisahalfbreed @ 01/20/2009 at 2:55 pm

I couldn’t care less what the heifer wears.
THIS white man has worked his fingers to the bone for years for this country’s government and is now ready for the “change”.
So how about this: I stop working now. I file for welfare, free housing, free utilities, food stamps, and free education (for my childrens)while all the ghetto rats take a true step forward to take care of my white butt and all the other white folks that paid the ghetto rat’s debts for all these years.
We don’t have a President. We now officially have a half-breed clown with a low IQ running the country. Unfortunately, he’s partially white, but since the blacks all ignore that, so will I. He’s nothing but a patsy, a puppet, and a huge joke to stir more hatred among the races. Hysterical. Like shooting goldfish in a barrel. My wife and I made a small fortune selling screen print tee-shirts with his stupid face on them with nothing but the word “Change”. It’s taking advantage of the idiots, yes, but it’s what everyone wanted, so just to prove my point of race vs. issues, I sold over 500 of those crappy, cheap shirts in less than an hour. I can stick his image on a toilet seat and it will sell because idiots don’t think about what it MEANS…they just see the pale “color” of his face (not many black traits…small lips, nose, ears) and buy, buy, buy without regard how they will pay their bills. Oh yeah, that isn’t a problem…it’s already paid for.
The blacks wanted “theirs”….now I want “mine”.
I’m just happy to be able to blame the black man for my woe’s now.
WHAT A GREAT CHANGE!!!!!
WHOO HOO!
WHAT A GREAT DAY!!
BTW…he did the WORST job repeating the oath. Yep…it’s going to be a great four years.
Wake me in 2012 when the joke is over.

Since it looks like a buttonless coat, would have liked to see the lining either match the coat, a paler color of same, or be a really fab stand out color. Shoes and gloves to match lining or contrasting color . IS THAT A SEAM I SEE IN THE LINING? The seam in the lining should NEVER show. The lining should ALWAY be sewn with the seams facing in, not against the body. Don’t know who actually sewed this coat, but they need to be fired. Other than that, Mrs. Obama looks great, the color looks good on her.

Some people need to re-read McCain’s concession speech, especially his own party.

Anastacia @ 01/20/2009 at 3:00 pm

very nice!! the color suits her^^

PEGGY SMITH @ 01/20/2009 at 3:01 pm

Brad is it pure jealousy, or just plain ignorance. I would like you to post a picture of yourself; but since it’s about an intelligent, classy, and beautiful woman it’s obvious that you know nothing about such matters. Her size and what she is wearing is not important. It’s the role of the First Lady to ignore people like you and the rest of the haters. It’s probably not about her size at all. Cowards rarely tell the truth, that would be too much of a brave thing to do. You’re hiding what’s really in your heart, and the ugliness of your heart just reared its ugly head. Thank God everyone does not think as small as you do.

groundcontrol @ 01/20/2009 at 3:08 pm

Awful material. Like a 1960 cocktail dress. Tacky.

The lines of the coat and dress were fine.

I thought the dress was colorful and Michelle looked
great. Reminded me of spring – something we all
need with the cold chill we are in:)

Great! The Dow is now below 8000! (for you Y’obamamaniacs information, the Dow is a stock market indicator. When it goes below 8000, it’s not good).
But they don’t tell you that kind of stuff on bumper stickers or t-shirts! Make sure you get your Obama commemorative plate quick before you run out of money!
The masses are A**es

well, Obama can’t be any worst than all those pasty people who came before Obama, and help us lord,… we barely survived the 8 years that crooked bush was in office, what a lying, greedy,cheat he was, because of bush it’s gonna take years to get the country out of this horrible mess we are in, like Obama already stated.

honestly, I really like her, but her outfit was terrible….completely inappropriate for daywear, the color, while not bad, did nothing for her. The awful green gloves, the boring green shoes, the rhinestones around the color, the material, with the lace, the white jacket lining, the bow on her stomach, the sweater underneath, it was all a mess….I really truly hope she does way better at the ball. Why didnt she just pick an experienced designer, like ralph lauren, or zac posen, or michael kors, or carolina harara…this designer she picked was awful, and the seamstresses werent very good….

although the daughters looked adorable and completely appropriate…

I like the color of the dress..more than the dress itself..but she looks really nice though

#95 i’m feeling so sorry for your ass, your pathetic (lmao) . If you hate Obama so much, why dont you just jump off a cliff with your heifer wife and all yr troubles will be over, you wont have to live in the Obama Era. give the man a chance ..if he fails then you can start calling names. Obviusly the issue for you is race and not what is better for the country. Well dont be a hater , accept the things you can’t change. i cant stop laughing after your stupid ass …….. your soo rude addresing the first lady as a “heifer” . i guess thats what they call all the female breeds in your family. he -he.

i dont like it but she dresses weird… its kinda her style, it doesn’t look too bad though on her… some of the people who are criticizing her weight are just too pathetic though..I think she looks great! I really couldn’t see her too thin!

to Drew #103:, “can’t be any worst” (your education is showing). Whether or not we agree with Bush’s decisions, even the MSN (liberal) news is reporting that he was always honorable and believed in his decisions. Did he make mistakes, maybe, even probably… but he was not “greedy”, nor a “cheat” (next time try to back up your slander with an example).
And by the way, as for this country’s financial crisis… you probably don’t know who Barney Frank is (but he is a liberal/democrat and is the one primiarly responsible for giving the banks and mortgage companies too much leash, allowing them to dole out mortgages to people who couldn’t afford them… both personal and businesses). And, now the rest of us are paying for the bailouts. Also, are you aware that in his very short career as Senator, Obama had the senate record for spending… the one who voted to spend the most out of all senators (conservative and liberal).
So before you go blaming Bush for the finanacial crisis, please do your homework. I’m not Bush’s #1 fan either, but I do not believe he earned the bad reputation that was spewed in large part by a very skewed media… do your homework, research and think for yourself… then cite examples if you want to make a point… otherwise you are merely one of the little sheep who believe, follow and propagate anything they hear.

Chelsea Phillips @ 01/20/2009 at 4:17 pm

well i think that the dress that michelle obama wore today and that if some people don’t like it well thats there problem and not mine. i think that that dress is really pretty so i hope that ur designer keeps on making your cloths rock on

Love, Chelsea Phillips
of Childress TX

Chelsea Phillips @ 01/20/2009 at 4:17 pm

Love, Chelsea Phillips
of Childress TX

i can’t believe people are saying she hasn’t got a good figure! She looks amazing.You all must be the type who think Angelina ‘skeletor’ jolie has a nice figure. Your all so dumb. I bet your all fat fuckers typing away with one hand and stuffing yourself with doughnuts with the other. Idiots

lakers fan in boston @ 01/20/2009 at 4:30 pm

dont really like it
the coat actually made it worse and the color of the dress also was bad imo

it’s nothing spectacular. american press are ridiculous. please stop calling ms. obama stylish or fashionable. just because she dresses up a bit than a typical sloppy american, she becomes a fashion icon… ppppease. stop saying she’s beautiful. she’s not (i am entitled to my opinion & don’t bring race in) anyway, let’s focus on her intelligence & law degree… to see what/ if she can do anything more meaningful in a position that she is in… her husband can really talk, talk, talk… now let’s see what he & administration can do.

I am sorry, but I am so tired of hearing from a bunch of uneducated, ignorant people that believe that the financial crisis is due to President Bush.
I am an Independent… not Republican, not Democrat. When I vote, I like to do my homework, and make as educated decision as possible… on my own, not because Oprah or George Clooney (both of whom I adore by the way) tell me who to vote for.
But if you don’t believe what I’m saying, please check out an article in the Boston Globe… a liberal paper in one of the most liberal states in our country… even they report that the financial crisis is NOT due to George Bush’s mistakes….
“The Roots of this [financial] crisis go back to the [Jimmy] Carter administration”. . . Also in their article:
“Time and time again, [Barney] Frank insisted that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were in good shape. Five years ago, for example, when the BUSH ADMINISTRATION PROPOSED MUCH TIGHTER REGULATION of the two companies, Frank was adamant that “these two entities, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, are not facing any kind of financial crisis.” When the WHITE HOUSE WARNED of “systemic risk for our financial system” unless the mortgage giants were curbed, Frank complained that the administration was more concerned about financial safety than about housing.
BUSH DID TRY TO REGULATE IT, but it was a DEMOCRATIC CONGRESS (Obama included) that denied it…and voted against Bush’s proposal.
Listen if you don’t agree with the war and our involvement, then okay, blame Bush, but geez people, he isn’t responsible for all the world’s problems. Let me guess, next Global Warming?
The article link: http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2008/09/28/franks_fingerprints_are_all_over_the_financial_fiasco/

Christine @ 01/20/2009 at 4:50 pm

Yuck! Come on 2012!

Christine @ 01/20/2009 at 5:00 pm

You go G-girl! I couldn’t have said it better myself!

Welcome to the era of heightened hypocrisy!! Do as I say, not as I do!!!

Not the best choice. Color drowned her out and it outshone her husband. She should have taken it down a knotch and saved the glitter for evening. A great dark (and WARM) coat with a fabulous fushia scarf and great accessories would have been perfect for her coloring and stature. Sorry–Christmas tree wear! I blame the designer.

Very regal and appropriate dress for the occasion and the weather in DC. Love this day!!!

Michelle isn’t a fashion icon and she doesn’t want to be. She’s a serious attorney. She’s a first lady. Also, she always seems awkward in heels. She’d much prefer to be in adidas and running shoes. A fashion icon was Jackie Kennedy. No match–no other first lady. Jackie was the IT girl!

UGLY! MAKES HER LOOK FAT.

Yes, the color of the dress made her appear to be much bigger than her husband!

Hated the color of her dress and the style was not great either. The color competed with her skin color instead of complimenting it. She needs a stylist, if she has one she needs a new one.

I hope as first lady she picks up a major cause and uses her platform to get something done, the crumbling schools in this country would be a great place to start.

The colour combination of the shoe, bag, dress and glove were beautiful. the design of the dress was okay. This was not somthing for me to say wow but it was just fine.
I will agree with one writer, “If she had close her coat, this design would look more creative.”
She still look clean and refreshing for a first lady very different from the norm with the exception of Jackie Keneddy.
Her baby girl colours were amazing, pink and orange.

love it, love it !!!!!

obamaisahalfbreed @ 01/20/2009 at 5:31 pm

#106….your lack of intelligence is showing. Try learning proper English, then “feel sorry for me”. What a joke people like you are to people like me. LMAO at Y O U.
I don’t believe I called you or anyone else on this board a heifer. Glad I taught you how to spell THAT word, little chocolate drop.
Calling me or my wife names is no problem to me, since you’re nothing to me, so I’ll just exercise my right of “freedom of speech” and my other right of “having my own opinion” and address the “First purebredheiferlady and halfbreedretard Prez” as I wish. Get a job, pay your taxes and stop breeding your ignorance. Pay my taxes and all of my bills and then you can tell me how to address someone. Until then, go back to the ghetto, rat.

Eh… NAY and what in the world was up with those green gloves?

she looks beautiful.

one word: classic

Big Nay! The matchy, matchy coat and dress is so unchic. The color isn’t flattering on her and don’t even get me started on the color of those shoes and gloves. They don’t go with her her dress color at all. Too bad, since the rest of the family looked quite nice.

Sorry, not appropriate for day. Too fancy, too shiny, this is an evening outfit. Big mistake, and I am a fan of the Obamas

Women for Obama @ 01/20/2009 at 6:57 pm

President Obama looks great! First Lady Michelle, looks gorgeous!

I am soooooo happy. I love our new president!

I don’t love it — I was expecting something more classy that would stand the test of time.

A REALIST @ 01/20/2009 at 6:59 pm

I just love my new president.

HAIL TO THE CHIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!

Horrible fitting..Made her look dumpy. Color was ok, however, the green gloves were a different color green than the shoes. They were an odd mismatch..Brocade was too old looking for her..Hope she improves …Keep your fingers crossed..she is a beautiful woman..

karenztime @ 01/20/2009 at 8:20 pm

UGH!!! Hate the dress — the color — the sequins, the shoes. Total miss.

never mind the dress…the face on michelle o is freaking ugly.
so basically the dress matched her face. she’s a hound.

It is so pretty, even prettier in person.

Mrs. Obama is an attractive woman and will (eventually) find the one or two designers who will couture for her specific figure during President Obama’s time in office; hopefully, he’ll be in place for eight years!!!! She does, however, need to let Mr. Rodriguez go, i.e. he’s the same person who designed that awful red and black dress. Even though she has an athletic figure, she needs to lead America in fashion with the appropriate designers as did Mrs. Kennedy and Mrs. Reagan (to a lesser degree).

Those little girls are precious and looked perfect today!

Very very boring dress sort of the kind George W Bush senior would wear, she is young and could have looked better with something more cheerful and not so freaking American-conservative. But I loove them anyway I espect great things from Barack Obama.

Ena #139… Bush senior’s name is not George “W”… and as far as I know he doesn’t wear dresses. I hope for our country’s sake the Obamas can live up to your “espectations” (as my expections aren’t as hopeful).

oops, left out 2 important letters in my expectations

umm… g-girl, # 140-141, before you attempt to tell some one else about education, you need some yourself, i left earlier, so i did not get a chance to respond to your idiotic answer, not that i think i need to, because you are? (zero, no one) you seem to be the dumb one, of course i know what i am talking about, you on the other hand,…. not so much, bush is not innocent, he has made a lot of horrible mistakes behind as well as in front of the America public backs, he seems not to want to listen to people who knew more than him, the list is entirely too long to name, take your own advice and look them up for yourself, i stand by my earlier comment, because i know it to be true, even bush admitted it himself, how can you justify anything he has done.? never mind, don’t answer, you have your head to far up bush’s azz..

Michelle’s dress was mature looking. A front bow, sweater-like front and dressy neckline – too much

Congratulations!!!!

Gorgeous Couple,So Happy For Them..

does it really matter? looks are the least of their concerns when running a country like america

The Obama’s are first class at all times. Anything they wear is in good taste. About the comment made by lalalove about the welfare program: Most of the benefits were paid and is being paid to WHITE people not African Americans, so you would be just be one more white butt being taken care of. It is these attitudes that negatively effect the image of this country. I am glad to see a more inclusive attitude now by our government. People like lalalove need to go some where and HIDE.

The comment about the welfare system was made my obamaisahalfbreed not lalalove. Sorry for the mistake.

From Whatever:

The masses are A**es

Hey Whatever: Easy to explain – The Stock Market is racist !