Dakota Fanning To Star in 'New Moon'

Dakota Fanning To Star in 'New Moon'

Dakota Fanning is likely to star in New Moon, the upcoming sequel to Twilight.

E!‘s Marc Malkin reports the the 14-year-old actress is well on her way to play Jane, a member of bloodsucking killer group Italy’s Volturi. The casting notice describes Jane as a petite blonde with a “Botticelli angel-like face…[and] crimson irises.”

“There were no auditions,” a source reveals. “They just offered it to her outright, and now they’re in negotiations. They’ve been going back and forth.”

DO YOU THINK Dakota makes for a good vampire — YAY or NAY?

• Kourtney Kardashian celebrates the 35th birthday in a bikini- US Weekly
  • Cher Lloyd talks about her new music video for “Sirens”- Just Jared Jr
  • Michelle Obama will be visiting Nashville - Entertainment Weekly
  • How did Jennifer Garner look in 1999? - Huffington Post
  • Ryan Gosling is attending this year's Cannes Film Festival- Lainey Gossip
  • Constance Nunes shows off her bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

FIRST?? i hope

anyway wow not even an audition- thats just not fair

SECOND!

You know what? At first I was going to complain that they shouldn’t use a mainstream actress for twilight but I think Dakota will do a splendid job as Jane. She’s a great actress.

no i don’t think i want her to play jane! i love Dakota but no.

is that really blood?!

im ok withis dakota has poven time and time againhat she can act with the best in the business so why not, NM needs a good actress to play jane

NNNNOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Interesting….very interesting

i like her and shes an amazing actress but i don’t think she would be good at something like that and compared to all the other actors and actresses going to be in new moon she looks like she would look like a 12 year old(they made taylor lautner gain like 29 pounds to keep his role that wouldn’t be fair)

even though dakota is a great actress, i don’t see her as jane.

hmmm i could see her as jane, but i think they should have made her audition for it

Twifanatic Amanda @ 01/21/2009 at 11:41 pm

THIS would be so cool! I’ve always imagined her as Jane and this would just be perfect!!!

i agree with · 8

nobody can say she can’t act! seriously shes more talented than all the popular young hollywood stars,, well when it comes to acting. i think she’ll do just fine in the movie. people shouldnt make too much out of it by saying she would ruin it or something like that.

Nooo please dont let her be in new moon!

NOOOOOOOOOO! :(
it don’t hate her but I don’t like her!

i was thinking janr was older that 14 years old?
how old is she in the books?

Good for her! I’ll watch one now.

i think that would be awesome…. i’m over twilight though.

newmoon fan @ 01/21/2009 at 11:53 pm

i think she’s be great as Jane. ok, so maybe she is a little too well known to get sucked into the franchise and steal the limelight from the original cast, but she is a legitimate talent, and it would be a great cameo for the movie. i am just glad its not someone as ****** as vanessa hudgens.

Dakota being so talented I think she can do well.

andrea @ 01/21/2009 at 11:38 pm

____
It had to be muscle though, and since guys can gain muscle easier and muscle weighs more than fat, it probably wasn’t too unfair. I really am happy for Dakota and I used to not care for her in the least. I just love how she’s blossomed though and is ALWAYS age appropriate.

i actually think she’d make a great jane. i was hoping for maybe hayden but honestly, i can see dakota doing a great job. she’d make an awesome vampire. i totally support this decision!

she fits… and she’s a great actress
i never thought of her when i imagine jane but.. i guess the role fits her

From watching her previous roles, maybe she can do it. and NOT to bag on Disey stars OR anything because I totally LOOOOOOOOOVEEE disney, I just hope they don’t mix Disnye and Twilight, because that won;t be soo goood [: but if Dakota is cast as Jane, I’ll still watch New Moon, but I agree she should have auditioned for it [:

Niceiceedward @ 01/22/2009 at 12:27 am

No No No No No!!!! Ana Sophia Robb, NOT Dakota the pill

EW!

Sounds good to me. She’s a great actress.

She doesn’t need to slum it in this turgid crap.

Dakota’s a really great actress, and she hasn’t turned into one of those terrible Hollywood teenagers. I think she’ll do very well in the movie, and hopefully her acting can take away from Kristen Stewart’s…well, lack of talent.

I think she’s too good for this kinda movie, but she is a good actress, so sounds good i guess. I liked that the other actors in the movie weren’t big hollywood- at least in my eyes. i wasnt distracted by thinkling this is so and so, just as I think when I see movie Angelina Jolie is in. I don’t know if anyone understands what i’m saying. Dakota has proven worthy. Blah. I’m split.

I like it! Can’t wait to see promo pics, I think she’d be pretty awesome :)

ii thiink iits ok!
bur she’s nOt pretty
cute4been jane!

SHE IS WAY TO YOUNG to be playing someone as ancient as Jane. :|

no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

Twifanatic Amanda @ 01/22/2009 at 12:42 am

I love Dakota and I think she’ll do a great job :)

btw is this Perezhilton? who dres that picture on here, it’s disgusting

This is like when the Broccolis announced Daniel Craig was going to be the next James Bond. People even created websites against it. After he proved himself, he’s one of the best Bonds ever. The same with Dakota. If someone will pull it off, it will be her. She’s the best young Hollywood actress and will make it work.

I guess we will just have to wait and see if she’ll be good or not. We can’t say we see her as jane just yet guys. You know they’ll do whatever it takes to make her look the part and then the rest is up to her! i’m sure she’ll nail it beautifully. she’s a great actress though i hated her shrieking in the war of the worlds. i loved the secret life of bees, she was wonderful and im sure she’ll be wonderful in the twilight series

I disagree about Daniel Craig, as his last Bond movie was a bomb and the franchise is currently suffering.

But to Jessica, aren’t you a fan of the books? I haven’t even read the series, but I’ve read other vampire books, and it should be obvious that a vampire can be 2,000 old but if they were bitten at even 5-years-old, they will still appear that age. So I don’t get the logic that Dakota isn’t ancient enough. On the official website for the Twilight saga, Jane is described as

“Along with her face being angelic, it is also described as being fiercly childlike. She is in her early teen years.”

This totally makes sense.

yess she is great actress she would be perfect i just hope that if she does new moon they signed her for the rest of the movie i hate when the change actor in the sequels i dont want another taylor drama

idk. i guess she could be alright, but i dont think shes old enough for the character.

Okay, I shouldn’t say Quatum bombed, rather as it was the worse one so far released critically. Whatever, I still just don’t like Bond as Craig and have read both sides of the reviews, but that is neither here or there.

If you read the books and the official site, you’d know that Jane is very young. While no actual age is given for her, her biography implies she is young teen, if not a bit younger than that.

Um no. I picture Jane older looking than Dakota. GRR

I’m surprised that so many say she’s too young. I always pictured Jane as being unsettingly young-looking – in contrast to her power, it’s what makes her so creepy. I think she’ll be great in the role.

better than vanessa hudgens being in the movie! atleast dakota can ACTUALLY act!

This is just stupid!

no way!!!!
jane is meant 2 be around 16 and dakota looks to young and not being mean but she aynt pretty enough for jane… not wat i imagined jane to be!!!

and i agree i think ANA SOPHIA ROBB!!!! should play jane shes perfect

twilightlover. @ 01/22/2009 at 1:14 am

i think she’s an amazing actress. but she’s too well known. everyone will just picture her as a character from her previous movies.
i dont think she suits the way jane looks in the book either. angelic yet deadly. she looks just too innocent for my liking. annasophia robb would be a much better choice.

You can picture what you like, but from New Moon, she is described as rather slim and androgynous figure with a face too pretty for a boy. She has wide-eyes, full-lips and a child-like voice. This would imply before reaching puberty. Through personal correspondence between the author and Twilight Lexicom and other clarifications from the author, further description says that she and her brother Alec were being “watched” by the Volturi who were waiting til they were older to change them. When they were burned at the stake by frightened humans, Aro had to make a decision to change them while they were still young. Again, this implies they were still more Child than Teen.
Again, you can picture what you like… that’s what makes books so great. But when it comes to putting it to film, I believe the author who invented the character should be respected enough to say if someone is the right age for the character.

hhahahah @ #25. hayden? for real? NO. LOL.

i think they should have auditioned her, but yeah, i could see it…

i rekon shell be radical.

Yes, definitely, she is one of the best young actresses! That’s why I know she is capable of playing any role, so she is definitely able to play Jane. Let’s hope she gets the role.

isnt she like a tad too young?
i didnt think jane would be 14
i mean in the books they say shes young, but i didnt think that young!

what!! i don’t want her to play jane. isn’t jane supposed to be older and (no offence) but way way more attractive??

Dakota’s a good actress, but it’s pretty unfair that to get a role you don’t have to audition for it. What about other actresses who are unknown and might want a shot in being a part of something like this? Maybe she has credibility, but it should still be fair in getting roles for New Moon…everyone should audition!!! And please noooo….that stupid Vanessa Hudgens better not be Leah, because I’ll be damn right pissed!!!!

YES!!!! I was hoping she would be jane,this is exactly how I imagined her in the books, though I think Amanda Seyfried would have been great as well.

no offense to her, but I’d rather have them pick a lesser known actress. It has worked for the original Twilight film.

justsaymynameright12 @ 01/22/2009 at 2:34 am

i love her. i think she will be good. and i can’t wait to see her in new moon.

I hope she plays JANE!!!!!!!!!!

uhm I dont know how many of you have actually read the books but Jane is supposed to be around 12 to 14 I believe.

well… i dont even know what to say.
ive never even thought of dakota being jane.
she would kinda be a good jane. actually she would possiblyy
be a good jane as long as they made her look older and..i cant find the word for it!!?? somethings not there but.. it could be.. what is it though!!???

i don’t like her movies and Dakota neather

NAY!!!!!!!!!!!

lovenewmoon @ 01/22/2009 at 3:34 am

HELL YEAH!!!!!! now they cant possibly put Venessa wats her face in it.

awesome! she rocks(:

She is in that new movie “Push” which is a Summit film so why would they have her audition, they know how she can act. I think she would be great in New Moon. Plus, she’s probably a fan of the twilight series.

Nay, I can’t say if she is a good actress or not (I can’t judge things like that), but she doesn’t fit in the role as a vampire or Jane. And I can’t believe that she and Taylor Momsen is both 14 (or soon 15) years old!! Or is Taylor born 1993!? Äh, whatever ;)

twilightfan @ 01/22/2009 at 3:57 am

I think that she’d be okay as Jane, but maybe a bit young?
I thought Jane shoud be a bit older.

I think they should have gone with an unknown actress, because then she doesnt bring in her own reality into teh movie. All you will think about is Dakota fanning in her other movie roles. Bad decision.

dakota isn’t exactly the cherubic, pouty-lipped jane i imagined, but she’s an awesome actress so what the hell.

Don’t know what to make of this news.

I don’t know why, but I thought Jane was suppose to be older.

i always saw someone a little older for jane…but idk i guess she could do it!

I think she will do a great job! First i tought no no, but now i think she has the perfect face to play Jane!

NO WAY. She’s a really good actress, but not for Jane. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =( =( =(
I’m so depressed right now.

I don’t think she’ll be good enough to take the role as Jane.

Good for her !

She’s too young ? no ?
I admit she is a good actress, but she is only 14 !
Jane is an adult !

Actually thats pretty good..Shes a VERY good actress..look at hide n seek and war of the worlds..shes awesome
but i always imagined jane as being really older like 30 in looks
hahaha
The only one bad thing is that dakota seems to sweet to be a vampire
but they may make her look like one with makeup and stuff

The first casting choice I am really satisfied with. I know many of you out there think that Rober Pattison and Taylor Lautner are hot and I do not disagree in general. Only, they look nothing like I imagined Edward and Jacob to look when I read the books. The same goes for most of the cast with the only exception so far being Alice. When I read this about Dakota, I was like: “Yeah, she’s TOTALLY Jane!” And she’s a good enough actress that I think she’d be able to pull off the ‘diabolic grin on an angel face’ stuff. I hope she takes it.

PS Don’t hate me, Rob and Taylor fans, it’s just my perosnal, subjective opinion.

I love Dakota, she’s one of my favorite actresses, but to me, she doesn’t look like she could play a vampire. Her face looks too.. idk sweet? I haven’t read any fo the Twilight books so I wouldnt know anything about the character they’re offering her, but I think they should offer the role to an incoming actress. That’s just me. But if Dakota accepts it, good for her, I know she can pull off anything!

NAY NAY NAY NAY :D She is never gonna to be a vampire like Jane. Stop it please :D

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
She has CARA OF CHILD

yayyy !

i think dakota would do the perfect job as jane ! shes an amazing actress, and i can definitely see her as jane . (:

i’m not really a fan of dakota but i’m not really against her or anything but i somehow don’t think she’ll fit into the role of jane.

why would she want to be new moon. she shouldn’t waste her talent on that. but if the new directors good, and they get a bigger budget….

This is another kidney spears problem, folks?
……………………………BET!!

NO NO NO WAY, dakota is going to take the fantasy and mystery out of Twilight

I don’t know why but I thought Jane was a bit older. I guess. We will have to see. I think it would be odd to see such a well known actress in New Moon.

NOOO!!!!! i hate her! and thats just not fair that she didnt even have to audition for the role! there are soooo much better actors then her, way way better. urg.. it would totally ruin the movie..

noooooooooo

I love her, I really do, she is one of my favorites. But they should stick with less-known actors for these series.

No, definately no,it would remind me to much of a young Kristen Duntz in Interview with a Vampire.

Somehow i imagined Jane to be way younger for some reason but i think Dakota will do great! Shes a great actress no doubt.

I like her as an actress and all, but I really don’t see her as Jane. I just don’t think she’s right for the part.

seriously? @ 01/22/2009 at 9:53 am

Vampires in Stephanie Meyer’s books do not have fangs Jared!!

I could see her doing the roll…though I think a better choice would be AnnaSophia Robb…she definitly knows how to do creepy!

NOOOOOO!! She is a good actress but I don’t think she will be a good Jane

NOOOOO!! SHES TO YOUNG TO BE JANE

I DONT THINK DAKOTA SHOULD BE JANE…
and also she should ve been auditioned for it
i thjink she is a good actress…but JANE???? c’mon no way

yay!
she’s a great actress.. im sure NM will be fun!

Good pick. Ana Sophia robb would also be good.

Snow White @ 01/22/2009 at 10:50 am

No thanks. First Vanessa Hudgens, now this. I like Dakota, but she’s too well known and I cant see her in it. Why cant they pick talented unknown actors instead of giving roles to famous people without even auditioning?

No. Too much young for this movie.

twlight fan!! @ 01/22/2009 at 11:05 am

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!!!!!!!
WAKE UP PEOPLE SHE IS TOTALLY NOT RIGHT FOR THE PART!!!
I HATE HER!!!!!!!!!!
WHY DOES SHE HAVE TO BE IN NEW MOON?
COULDN’T IT BE SOMEONE ELSE INSTEAD OF HER?????!!!!!!
WHOEVER IS A TWILIGHT FAN NEEDS TO AGREE WITH ME!!!

Jane’s supposed to be a brunette!

What the hell?
NOOOOOOOOOO.
I think that putting extremely young actresses into these movies ruins it…
She wouldn’t have the presence of a more experienced and matured actor.
This will suck.

When I first saw this I was really upset,
But Dakota is acutally a REALLY great actress.
So I think she’ll do a really great job!

no, no & no!!! i thought that jane older from the books…
i wish they picked that actress who is less famous than Dakota.
hope they find new star & don’t suck it

Not to brag but I called this while I wazs reading New Moon, right away I felt that she would be amazing in this role, like the charter was written with her in mind. I think she will be an amazing addition to the cast!!! :)

I cannot WAIT for this movie!! ;)

yea why not.. shes a great actress

She is so fitting as Jane – exactly how I pictured her. I think she should of had to audition for it just to be sure, but the girl can act and i know she can pull it off

yuck the whole reason I loved twilight was because it was performed by actors I did not know about. i could follow the story and the actors came to life because I didn’t have any preconceived notions about them.

great.

Hell to the no, I hope this is just a rumor. In hollywood not everything is fact. Sara Paxton, Taylor Momsen or AnnaSophia Robb would be a better choice of Jane than Dakota, nooooooooooooo!!!!!!

dakota is a great actress and all but no :/ i dont think they should get too well actress’s/actors, idk why but like why not get an unknown actress plus isnt jane meant to be kinda older?? and not making her audition for it is pretty unfair,, its like they just give her the part so more people watch the movies for dakota or w/e. (my opinion :D)
maybe she would be good but i prefer someone new/unknown :P

maybe she would be good but i prefer someone new/unknown :P

i think its the best choice they made so far to get a real talented actress to be part of the movie. i guess now the movie has some credibility. Not just some teen flick

Corey 2 cool @ 01/22/2009 at 1:55 pm

Jane hum, i mean I alway thought of Jane as late teen but maybe. I like the books and I think that it could work I wonder who there are going to get to play her twin brother in the movies then I can make a yay or nay on what I think.

absolutely not !!!!!!!!!!

OH NO!!!!!!! for god’s sake she’s just a kid and they are offering her to star in the twilight sequel?that’s just not right! she will never be as good as Kirsten Stewart!

devin-alicia @ 01/22/2009 at 3:18 pm

NOO!!!
i dont like her
she’ll ruin it : (

amberleigh @ 01/22/2009 at 3:21 pm

no . i dont want her to be jane.
i just cant picture it

She is a great actress! but..
I don’t see her like Jean really I don’t!

Lol! The description for Jane sounds exactly like Kirsten Dunst in Interview with a Vampire – other than that I think Dakota’s the best option at the mo, unless there’s is a majorly talented unknown out there (which there probably is But they won’t know about because they didn’t audition!!) But aat least she’s better than Hayden, Hayden can’t really act – I used to really like her as well, but the more I watch heroes, the more I think that she just tries too hard!

i don’t want her to play Jane.
she doesn’t seem to fit the part.
Jodelle Ferland would though.

nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

I think that Dakota would be a Good Jane, shes’s a great actress, so I think that she would do a great job with Jane

Dakota is pretty much exactly how i envisioned Jane!
She just needs creepy eyes and a lot of makeup..

Hope she gets the role =]

sorry to say this but NO!
take smoeone that’s not known, someone that’s new, someone that has a more alice/ ashley looking face.

my opinion x-( but if it hapen’s it’s just a thing we all have to live with.

I don’t think Dakota is old enough to play Jane. I think of Jane as being someone older with a little more “vampire experience” under her skin. Dakota just looks too young. I would have picked Kristen Bell from Veronica Mars and Forgetting Sarah Marshall.

Noooooo!!!! that would be horrible. she dosent even fit the description of Jane! Besides the movie is full of actors who are unique and havent had any other huge parts in other movies. Ugh it was a huge mistake in the first place to make these movies. The original twilight readers (such as I) are the only ones able to get past all this stupid publictiy and remember the true story of it all.

Michelle @ 01/22/2009 at 2:06 am

_________
If they approach you, it’s a done deal. They recruited her. Why would they be negotiating salary? And this happens all the time btw y’all.

i think that dakota would be nice as jane. i agreed

eeeeeeeeeeewwwwww no! no nononono!

silentsophi @ 01/22/2009 at 6:23 pm

***** yeah they need actors with more then just looks in the saga. Dakota skill is far above that of adult actors

YESS!!!!!!!!
A million YESSES!!!!

Idk about anyone else.. but when i read New Moon i ALWAYS imagined Jane to be dakota fanning for some reason … Jane’s character is a little edgy and her new movie Push it looks like she’s capable of playing that kind of girl..
She’s a great actress she’s done a ton of work ..

And at the end of the day i hate people that end up saying “i wish they would pick unknown actors” .. like okay that would be great cuz that’s basically what happened with many actors in Twilight .. BUT at the same time they need to pick who’s best for the part..

Maybe i’m just biased cuz i envisioned Jane to be her. && They don’t give an exact age for Jane anyway so i always imagined her to be around her teen years..
I hope she plays jane.

BTW when you’re a great actress you no longer really need to go audition . .the scripts just come to you .. so clearly she’s a great actress if she’s just getting script offers handed to her.

she’ll suck:/
i mean, shes too young for jane.

danieela. @ 01/22/2009 at 6:38 pm

ABSOLUTELY NO.
shes 13 or something.
NO, NO NO NOO.

you know…now that i think of her as jane. i can picture her as jane.
that was a good decision. i hope she gets the part :]

Kirsten Dunst did it

OHHHH. That would be actually kind of cool! My excitement is rising! She is a great actress.

ehh..i cant see dakota as jane. i cant see her in twilight at all. she just seems too sweet. i pictured jane with like bright red hair and a fiercer face. she just..doesnt look the part to me. like when i saw the main cast, they fit my images of them perfectly but dakota..noo. not really

hell no
her and vanessa hudgens are gonna ruin the movie.

Christine @ 01/22/2009 at 7:35 pm

Jane isn’t 14 years-old!
Is no one commenting on that fact? I was imagining Jane some.. oh, I dunno.. 20 years older!

I want to see more of Dakota, and New Moon would be fine.. But.. Jane? That’s so randomm.

Psychochick @ 01/22/2009 at 7:39 pm

She’s annoying. Please Ana Sophia Robb instead!

otaotaota @ 01/22/2009 at 7:52 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
no no no no!!!! she is ALLLLLL WRONG!!!!!!

Team_edward_4ever @ 01/22/2009 at 8:11 pm

If Dakota Fanning as Jane who is going to be Alec?????

Ummmmmm “Christine” I have to tell you that in the book Jane is actually 12 so she is supposed to be younger.

ok I think Dakota is an amazing actress and I have no doubt that she could play Jane because she has proven time and time again how great an actress she is. Jane is supposed to look young and be short and skinny so that part of her appearance is not my concern. My concern is the blond hair. I mean I always pictured Jane as a brunette not a blond. But I think just like all of Dakota’s other movies like Push, Hide and Seek, Man on Fire and a few other thrillers she will be great in the role. Hopefully they can find someone who looks enough like her to play Alec.

FLORENCIA @ 01/22/2009 at 9:09 pm

OMG! I totally disagree with that !
it’s just not fair to give a part in a movie with NO AUDITIONS!
besides, she defenitely does not fit for Jane !
I just imagined Jane older than Edward, at least! And this girl is only 14 .

no no no and more NO!

ms_ventimiglia^^ @ 01/22/2009 at 9:32 pm

Ehm..ehmm.. I like Dkota. she’z a great actress, but NO!! She’z to young.. Jane is about 17 years old, i guess.. It doezn’t fit…

Briana @ 01/22/2009 at 8:21 pm

_________

I’ve heard fans say that her hair is supposed to be blond. I’ve also read light brown. And the last thing I read was dark brown. I guess there’s just too many assertions on which is Jane’s hair color to really be sure.

Wow that was a shock but good luck to her.

This is not right. i know she’s suposed to be petite and youg-ish but she is way to young to play Jane. i think it’s a bad idea to have her as jane.

absoluetly not. she will take away from the movie and its story.

In New Moon her hair color is described as pale brown. The author has also stated that she and Alec were “changed” very young. The Volturi wanted to wait til they were older, but they were forced to change them while “very young”.

If you care, go to Twilight Lexicon, and full bios of the characters are assembled from the book and the correspondence with the author. If anyone knows who and what the characters “are”, it would be the author.

Dakota Fanning fits it perfectly, if anything she’ll be getting a little old by Breaking Dawn.

Isaac roth blumfield @ 01/22/2009 at 11:11 pm

ljdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddkfsaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaajkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkklkllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllk

I think she is way too young for the role.

She’s a great actress and would be a great Jane!

i like Dakota but i dont think i would like her as Jane, i think Jane needs to be a little more grown up and have kind or a beautiful yet evil look to her like a sly or something like that

Ana Sophia Robb she would be good but i like dakota she can act so w.e

Twilightlover @ 01/22/2009 at 11:53 pm

She is NOT Jane! She cant be! She looks like shes 12! I love her as an actress but shes nothing like the Jane i pictured. Plus to find a actor who looks like her to play Alec, would be like impossible.

What about annasophia robb??

well, I’m very surprised about this possibility of dakota play jane, ’cause when the rumors about the cast of new moon have started, I imediatelly thank in dakota as jane volturi. of course, she is a pretty good actress, and I’m sure that she could do it very well.

but she’s 14 is too little :S

I WAS FAN OF DAKOTA.. BUT NOW I AM EXTREMELLY DISAPPOINTED. HAS SHE CONSUMED DRUGS? HAS SHE OPERATED HER BOOPS? SHE IS 14 PEOPLE. TAKE CONCIOUS. SHE IS DESTRYOED. POOR LITTLE GIRL. WE HATE YOU BLONDIE.
BYE BYE
X.O.X.O
GOSSIP GIRL.

POOR SILLY LITTLE ******* BLONDE

edwardspillow @ 01/23/2009 at 1:42 am

she could do it….justt that shes gonna be thejbitch that hurts edward in the end!!!..and stares bella down!..she could have it in her to be a *****…but like she loks to nice<and too young to be jane..but i coyld also see her as jane!

Dakota Fanning is such a perfect fit to play Jane in New Moon! No casting needed.

NO! NO! NO!
NOT DAKOTA!!!
that can’t be true becuase friend has audition for it
she can’t be it! nO!

I think Dakota would be cool as Jane. Also I wish people would quit calling New Moon the sequel. It’s the next chapter in the saga, not the end of it!

i like dakota! when i heard they were making a twilight aa movie..i thought about her playing jane in new moon…now it might be possible!yay!

of course!! she has a lot of potential she´s pretty and over all she is a great actress! she´s perfect for the movie

Mm, well, i think dacota would do a great job .

im a fan of dakota fanning and i think she’s an amazing actress! i cant imagine her playing jane though. i imagine jane being much older and her face more vicious or frightful. but im looking forward to see her try. i know she can pull it off! she can pull off any role.

nope… i don’t know what it is but something annoys me so much about her =S

Martylovesmusik @ 01/23/2009 at 12:11 pm

No Way!!! She’s too young and looks it too =( Bad choice I’m sure there is a lot more actresses that would be better for the part .

Dakota an adorable child turned beautiful teenager, is in the big league of the greats. She will easily take on this new role and will be exciting to see her in such a different genre. I hope she remains in the business and makes the correct path to always be a great!

Argh! no! Dakota CANT be JANE! This is mad >;@

Argh! no! Dakota CANT be JANE! This is mad >;@

NAY!, she doesn’t belong in such kind of film,

i like how the majority of the actors in twilight were unknown to me (with the exception of rob pattinson (HP4, Vanity Fair), kristen stewart (Panic Room, Into the WIld), cam (The OC), taylor (cheaper by the dozen 2)
But, unlike with the Vanessa Hudgens rumour, i dont mind the idea of Dakota. shes not what i imagined Jane to be like, because i didn’t actually picture her as a child just a very very short woman, but i think Dakota will do a good job within hogging the limelight (how can she when Rob or Taylor are in the film). However i don’t think I’ve ever seen her in a film – unless she was in War of the Worlds, which you can’t blame her for that film being absolutely awful (eek, Tom Cruise – can only stand him in ‘Interview with a vampire’ and ‘minority report’

so back to my point – good luck to dakota i’m sure she’ll do well!

i mean shes a good actress and all. but i dont think its meant for her.
someone way different. thats not how i picture jane at all.

Twilightandjoliefan @ 01/23/2009 at 6:32 pm

yesss!!
at least there will be someone else i know in the 2nd movie if she gets it
i dont know any other child actress that can be as good as Dakota
shes a really good actress!

but either way whoever it is, im still so excited for New Moon!

Nay!
I am sorry, but I am completely against Dakota Fanning as Jane.
I don’t feel she’s suitable for the part. Then again, I don’t know who would be off the bat.

oh no, they should have other girls audition first then chose.

ADRIANA ; @ 01/23/2009 at 8:03 pm

OOOOH **** NO.
shes to ugly to play Jane.
and Jane is supposed to be Brown haired.
DUMB *****.
dakota looks like she was born outta a donkey’s ******
not a human one. :)

She’s an amazing actress & i hope she gets the part.
& if Jane is brown haired, but her hair is actually like a dirty blond, so WHAT ? ever heard of DYEING her hair ?

I would be glad if Dakota was Jane, but what ran through my mine also is that maybe she’s too famous.
See, we didn’t know much of Kristen Stewart until Twilight.
Same for Robert Pattinson.

But I think Dakota will be very good as Jane, since she is an amazing actress.
What other actor newbie can we get instead of Dakota ?

TeamJacob! @ 01/23/2009 at 10:47 pm

Yea! I always hated New Moon (not sure why i guess it didn’t go fast enough for me) but now with Dakota playing Jane i might just go see it.

Whatever Jared did to the picture is ridiculous. There’s no blood when they bite and the teeth are not like a snaggle toothed tigers. Even if Stephanie Meyer’s vampires had fangs, they’re in the wrong place. Vampire fangs are the canines, not the front teeth.

i thought jane was older than 14.
maybe i was wrong?

But I–somehow–personally think that Bella Thorne’s better!!

i think she could be jane, no doubt.

omg edward lova @ 01/24/2009 at 1:32 am

I think this i gay i apsolutly hate dakota fanning…i think someone who audition should be in th movies instead of her because she was so bad in her last movie nad it would ruin new moon and i am a twilight fanatic this is G-A-Y and i mean th horrible gay!!!!!:(

amazing actress and the right age. but can she pull off being jane?
charlotte’s web/war of the worlds/ even push are far from this role. jane is meant to be terrfying even just to look at. doesnt she look much too innocent?
and even dying her hair – in the book it says that the body under cloak was almost black. i also think she’s too well known, everyone will be picturing her as “Fern” or “Rachel Ferrier”. That was what was so great about twilight: new actors/fresh faces – and it turned out amazing. I would say Jodelle Ferland would be the best actress for Jane.

Alice fey @ 01/24/2009 at 5:16 am

NAAAAAAAAY! SO NOOOOO! PLEASE NOT!

isn’t she too young for the role? i mean, i thought jane has this angelic face but not that young.

maybe someone like leighton meester-ish kind of girl. just a suggestion. =)

I like Dakota as an actress, but not Jane.
I thought Jane was older… like in her 20′s???
I think they should go with a cast of ‘nobody’s’ and it would be better off. No name people might be better, seeing as how there was no star in ‘Twilight’. (now their stars, but that doesn’t count, lol)

I think Dakota would be the perfect Jane.

I love Dakota but I say No!
Ella me parece demasiado joven para el papel:)
XOXOXO.
-A;*

What’s with saying Dakota is to “star” in New Moon????? Rob, Kristen and Taylor are the “stars”. IF she gets the part, Jane has about 1 scene at the end of the story, it’s a tiny part. I think they should go with an unknown. I would be ticked if she took some of the pay that is well deserved for Rob and Kristen.

Justiceee @ 01/24/2009 at 4:20 pm

i wont see it if she is in it.
i dont like any movie she has ever been in.
they will loose viewers if she is in it.
i wont see it.

Justiceee @ 01/24/2009 at 4:20 pm

i wont see it if she is in it.
i dont like any movie she has ever been in.
they will loose viewers if she is in it.
i wont see it.

my friend in friendster tell me that she will be Jane Volturi

it could be,, and want elijah for alec

Why are people judging her, i mean has anyone seen her act as Jane yet? NO!
Give her a chance, everyone was like that when Rob was cast as Edward (not me though!) and now suddenly everyone LOVES him!!! And when she’s in costume or whatever she may look different!
You people are hypocrites, it aint your decision anyways (:

Alphadog69 @ 01/25/2009 at 1:52 am

This is truly a tough one to think about, however there is no denying that Dakota is good, it’s hard to think of her as the bad a** b**** that Jane is.

And further more, I agree with New Moon fan, at least the claims of Vanessa Ann Hudgens (also known for her photo scandal) aren’t true, maybe this claim isn’t either. I can’t imagine Chris Weitz just giving a role without even having auditions.

Anyway, we’ll just have to be patient and see. And if she really plays the role of Jane, I doubt she’ll drag the movie down. She’s far too brilliant an actress to do so.

zanessaheart @ 01/25/2009 at 6:43 am

Nooooooooooooooooo! Pleaseeee dont let her be in new moonnn! She’ll kill the whole movieee! x

Acting wise i think she would amazing, but apperence wise i just dont know. She’s 14 yet she’s so tiny she looks 10, and honestly reading the books i imagined jane much older than 14. But if shes cast i think she will do a great job. She always does.

ok dakota better stay away from robert and taylor or else things will happen i hate her i wanted to be in new moon my agent was even going to get me an audition till they said no auditions will be held anymore ugh ugh ugh i hate the new director!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gabriella @ 01/25/2009 at 5:48 pm

i really hope she’ll get the paper, she’s really perfect for Jane and I like her so much <3
I have to agree it kinda of isnt fair she dont even doing an audition but that what happens when the director already knows who its perfect for the character ^^’

i always pictured the volturi to be about as old as esme and carlisle.

but i guess if the directors are going for a teen the Dakota would be perfect. She’s an amazing actress. No one wanted the actors who played the characters for twilight to be who they were, but they did an amazing job and I’m glad with who they chose!

-Lisa

I actually think she’ll be great. She’s really a great actress, and I’m a HUGE fan of the saga…I didn’t imagine her of course, but I think she’ll be amazing if she does it.

I like her! She should play the vampire

hm.
shes ok i think!:)

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! NOT RIGHT! i walked around my town asking people if i would be good for the role of jane, and the majority said i would be perfect!!! the rest said YES or great! my soul would break………..

omfg she’s so perfect as jane and an amazing actress.
I WANT HER !!!

I just had to write my comment after reading all of those already written. I am a Twilight fan, read the books few times, and I was thrilled when I saw the news about Dakota. I actually think the Twilight movie itself was quite good, maybe not traditional, but the books are also something else and it would be a shame if they turned a movie into just another Hollywood blockbuster. Both Kristen and Robert did a great job, considering their roles were quite unusual and if you ask me, not easy to play. And I was thrilled to see that changing a director will only bring some good things into the movie. C mon, people, the girl can act! She will do her best and I think she is a much better choice than many other spoiled actresses there are in Hollywood these days. Just take some time and watch some of her movies. She is only 14, but she puts her heart and soul into her characters. I believe this will be a challenge for her, and I hope she does a gret job!

i hate her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
she cant play jane!!!!!!!!!!
wow wait to wreck the movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i think they should pick someone not as famous like in the frist movie!
i hate her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
she ruined new moon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Worst idea ever, Dakota Fanning shouldn’t play Jane! Jodelle Ferland would the best actress for the role Jane!

NNNNNNNOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! This will be such a down fall to New Moon. And the book never said what type of hair color Jane’s actually is; so the directors should get their facts straight.

♥ Wolf Chick ♥ @ 01/31/2009 at 8:21 am

omfg……… DAKOTA NOOOOOOOOO EWWWWWWWWWWW

♥ Wolf Chick ♥ @ 02/01/2009 at 3:25 am

http://stephlesx13.deviantart.com/art/Jane-111305034 this is some one who would be THE BEST JANE!!

No, come on!!

JANE IS NOT BLOND!

And she isn’t 14 years old!!

Someone said that compared to the other actors in new moon she would look like she’s twelve and it wasn’t fair that Taylor Lautner had to gain like 29 pounds to keep his role, but Jacob goes through a drastic physical change in New Moon. For Taylor to not change at all is inconceivable. Jane is supposed to look young She’s almost childlike in appearance in the book. I think Dakota would be a good choice. I was thinking maybe Abigail Breslin but she might not be able to play an evil character as well as Dakota just yet.

i think…….she’s so young!maybe she would be good at somthing like tha ..i don’t know ……but she’s cute

i think she’s so young for this part…i dn’t know maybe she would be good at something like tha.. but she’s so cute

TwilightFan2 @ 02/05/2009 at 2:51 pm

i think Anna Sophia Robb would be a better choice for Jane.. i could see a better Jane figure and personality then Dakota. Dakota doesn’t make the impression that she could pull off what Jane does. But i think Anna Sophia could.

i think it would make the movie and the part better..
expecially if they make eclipse and breaking dawn..
;)

Jane?
:S
i don’t really like da idea.. ..
i think she is too young for that role..
i just thought that Jane was older.. :S
well..
Congrats Dakota!

I think fans of the books are being totally OUTRAGEOUS and RUDE NOW by saying things like “I don’t hate her, I just don’t like her” I’m like, what are your problems with her? Sorry but a lot of you’s didn’t like Taylor as Jacob or Robert as Edward or Kristen as Bella. So just shut the **** up already. They all did good jobs at portraying the characters. She is a great ******* Actress she can totally play the part. I bet if the director of the movie, Chris Wietz picked some nobody you ******* would be the one’s to complain about his other choice as well. Just leave it well enough alone and don’t say she’s ugly and crap, because you just make yourself look like an ass. And give true Fanpires a bad name.

Twilightfan101 @ 06/22/2009 at 8:36 pm

Wow……. I want to be Jane!! Dakota will probably do a great job, but I would be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better!!

Dakota sucks, what the freak,

she should not be, what the crap!!

A-twilight-fan @ 07/07/2009 at 2:15 am

I did not image her to be Jane! God!

well i also herd that Vanessa huggens might be in it too. Shes too nice! Why!

And im glad that Jacob (Taylor Lautner) gets to take the wig off!

Sorry if some people like his long wig, but i dont.

Noooooooo! @ 07/07/2009 at 2:20 am

I hate her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shoot me in the head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

life is mean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im sad. T-T

damn Vanessa might be in it too?!?!

Noooooooo! @ 07/07/2009 at 2:30 am

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! I hate her!

Noooooooo! @ 07/07/2009 at 2:38 am

My Play

ME: “I hate elavators, I hate helicopters, I hate prices, I hate pimples, I hate teachers…”

Dakoda walks behined me…

Dakoda: “What do you hate about me?”

I look up and sing/scream, ” I…hate…every-thing-about-you!!!!!!!!!!!”

Nooo! T-T
im sad now! T-T
Why!
and the guy playing Aro, is the guy who played The Lycan off of The Underworld Rise of the Lycans.
I thought of an old dued

BTW: Hi, Savannah XD