Dakota Fanning To Star in 'New Moon'

Dakota Fanning To Star in 'New Moon'

Dakota Fanning is likely to star in New Moon, the upcoming sequel to Twilight.

E!‘s Marc Malkin reports the the 14-year-old actress is well on her way to play Jane, a member of bloodsucking killer group Italy’s Volturi. The casting notice describes Jane as a petite blonde with a “Botticelli angel-like face…[and] crimson irises.”

“There were no auditions,” a source reveals. “They just offered it to her outright, and now they’re in negotiations. They’ve been going back and forth.”

DO YOU THINK Dakota makes for a good vampire — YAY or NAY?

• Johnny Galecki and Kelli Garner have decided to split- US Weekly
  • Check out a new poster for Jane the Virgin- Just Jared Jr
  • Read some of Helen Mirren's most inspirational quotes- Huffington Post
  • How much is Katie Holmes' new home in Calabasas?- Lainey Gossip
  • Kristin Cavallari shows off her body in a very tight dress- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 14 5 6 7 8 9 [10] Show All

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! NOT RIGHT! i walked around my town asking people if i would be good for the role of jane, and the majority said i would be perfect!!! the rest said YES or great! my soul would break………..

omfg she’s so perfect as jane and an amazing actress.
I WANT HER !!!

I just had to write my comment after reading all of those already written. I am a Twilight fan, read the books few times, and I was thrilled when I saw the news about Dakota. I actually think the Twilight movie itself was quite good, maybe not traditional, but the books are also something else and it would be a shame if they turned a movie into just another Hollywood blockbuster. Both Kristen and Robert did a great job, considering their roles were quite unusual and if you ask me, not easy to play. And I was thrilled to see that changing a director will only bring some good things into the movie. C mon, people, the girl can act! She will do her best and I think she is a much better choice than many other spoiled actresses there are in Hollywood these days. Just take some time and watch some of her movies. She is only 14, but she puts her heart and soul into her characters. I believe this will be a challenge for her, and I hope she does a gret job!

i hate her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
she cant play jane!!!!!!!!!!
wow wait to wreck the movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i think they should pick someone not as famous like in the frist movie!
i hate her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
she ruined new moon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Worst idea ever, Dakota Fanning shouldn’t play Jane! Jodelle Ferland would the best actress for the role Jane!

NNNNNNNOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! This will be such a down fall to New Moon. And the book never said what type of hair color Jane’s actually is; so the directors should get their facts straight.

♥ Wolf Chick ♥ @ 01/31/2009 at 8:21 am

omfg……… DAKOTA NOOOOOOOOO EWWWWWWWWWWW

♥ Wolf Chick ♥ @ 02/01/2009 at 3:25 am

http://stephlesx13.deviantart.com/art/Jane-111305034 this is some one who would be THE BEST JANE!!

No, come on!!

JANE IS NOT BLOND!

And she isn’t 14 years old!!

Someone said that compared to the other actors in new moon she would look like she’s twelve and it wasn’t fair that Taylor Lautner had to gain like 29 pounds to keep his role, but Jacob goes through a drastic physical change in New Moon. For Taylor to not change at all is inconceivable. Jane is supposed to look young She’s almost childlike in appearance in the book. I think Dakota would be a good choice. I was thinking maybe Abigail Breslin but she might not be able to play an evil character as well as Dakota just yet.

i think…….she’s so young!maybe she would be good at somthing like tha ..i don’t know ……but she’s cute

i think she’s so young for this part…i dn’t know maybe she would be good at something like tha.. but she’s so cute

TwilightFan2 @ 02/05/2009 at 2:51 pm

i think Anna Sophia Robb would be a better choice for Jane.. i could see a better Jane figure and personality then Dakota. Dakota doesn’t make the impression that she could pull off what Jane does. But i think Anna Sophia could.

i think it would make the movie and the part better..
expecially if they make eclipse and breaking dawn..
;)

Jane?
:S
i don’t really like da idea.. ..
i think she is too young for that role..
i just thought that Jane was older.. :S
well..
Congrats Dakota!

I think fans of the books are being totally OUTRAGEOUS and RUDE NOW by saying things like “I don’t hate her, I just don’t like her” I’m like, what are your problems with her? Sorry but a lot of you’s didn’t like Taylor as Jacob or Robert as Edward or Kristen as Bella. So just shut the **** up already. They all did good jobs at portraying the characters. She is a great ******* Actress she can totally play the part. I bet if the director of the movie, Chris Wietz picked some nobody you ******* would be the one’s to complain about his other choice as well. Just leave it well enough alone and don’t say she’s ugly and crap, because you just make yourself look like an ass. And give true Fanpires a bad name.

Twilightfan101 @ 06/22/2009 at 8:36 pm

Wow……. I want to be Jane!! Dakota will probably do a great job, but I would be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better!!

Dakota sucks, what the freak,

she should not be, what the crap!!

A-twilight-fan @ 07/07/2009 at 2:15 am

I did not image her to be Jane! God!

well i also herd that Vanessa huggens might be in it too. Shes too nice! Why!

And im glad that Jacob (Taylor Lautner) gets to take the wig off!

Sorry if some people like his long wig, but i dont.

Noooooooo! @ 07/07/2009 at 2:20 am

I hate her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shoot me in the head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

life is mean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im sad. T-T

damn Vanessa might be in it too?!?!

Noooooooo! @ 07/07/2009 at 2:30 am

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! I hate her!

Noooooooo! @ 07/07/2009 at 2:38 am

My Play

ME: “I hate elavators, I hate helicopters, I hate prices, I hate pimples, I hate teachers…”

Dakoda walks behined me…

Dakoda: “What do you hate about me?”

I look up and sing/scream, ” I…hate…every-thing-about-you!!!!!!!!!!!”

Nooo! T-T
im sad now! T-T
Why!
and the guy playing Aro, is the guy who played The Lycan off of The Underworld Rise of the Lycans.
I thought of an old dued

BTW: Hi, Savannah XD