Kate Winslet Wins 2009 SAG Award

Kate Winslet Wins 2009 SAG Award

Kate Winslet proudly shows off her award for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role for her work in The Reader at the 2009 SAG Awards (Screen Actors Guild).

“I’m a bit lost for words, I’m sorry,” the 33-year-old British actress said as she accepted her statue at the Shrine Auditorium on Saturday (January 25) in Los Angeles.

Kate looked vibrant in a blue Narciso Rodriguez gown, Chopard jewels and Christian Louboutin shoes.

20+ pictures inside of Kate Winslet @ the 2009 SAG Awards

kate winslet sag awards 2009 19
kate winslet sag awards 2009 20

Photos: Jason Merritt/Frazer Harrison/Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty
Posted to: Kate Winslet, SAG Awards 2009

Charley Gallay/Getty

Kate looks GORGEOUS!!
Congratulations for her! She deserves it more than anyone!!

serephina @ 01/25/2009 at 9:14 pm

She looks so beautiful. Her dress is stunning and fitted – unlike a curtain :)

She is showing she is an actress that can actually act.

[☆I n F a m o u s☆] @ 01/25/2009 at 9:16 pm

she looks good.
nice tits.

Wow, wow, wow. Stunning.

beautiful as usual..you deserve it girl!!!! I hope she wins best actress as well!!!!

damnit i love this woman<3 she deserves all the praise

True beauty
amazing talent
she so deserved it!

angiepantz @ 01/25/2009 at 9:22 pm

1st! gorgeous. She is a great actress, person. A perfect role model in hollywood

I don’t like the dress. Her hips look so wide!

Could she show any more cleavage? She wants to be on the cover of the magazines sooooooo bad, and she knows that it won’t be her on the cover…well, she may be get a corner of the cover with those hooters hanging out….

She’s a great actress, she doesn’t have to dress like a stripper.

dont like the dress either, her hair and make up too

I love this dress! The color and the style! Kate is definitely one actress that can really act, just like #2 said.

Stephanie @ 01/25/2009 at 9:34 pm

Yayyyy Kate!! :D

And can I just say, that woman has the most naturally perfect boobs ever… I envy them. haha

No seriously though, she’s gorgeous and SO deserves all the awards she’s getting. One of the best actresses of our generation, for sure <3

Kate pure elegance you look gorgeous.. Amazing Talent, so happy for your win..well deserved….

Love her! So happy she won! Next BAFTA and Oscar!

shenanyginz @ 01/25/2009 at 9:38 pm

beautiful.

Beautiful actress, but don’t like the dress.

I just love her. She looks stunning in that blue. Congratulations Kate!

i still don’t understand how she can be nominated for best actress in the reader for an academy award but all throughout the awards season she’s been nominated in this category for revolutionary road. i just hope it doesn’t hurt her chances of winning because she is long overdue

IF she deserves which…..according to all the accalades she has received thus far….then she should and will most likely win OSCAR…needless to say I wanted Jolie to win:)

Should’ve been Cruz’s.

I was pulling for either her or Penelope to win, they were the two big standouts for me in that category, so yay for Kate! she looks gorgeous too

Lisa #2.... @ 01/25/2009 at 10:33 pm

She looks absolutely beautiful in this dress. It shows all her curves that women should have. Her make up looks so fresh and light yet it’s still looks like she is out on the town. Her skin is flawless. She looks like a winner. I think she is probably one of the best actresses we have right now. She always picks movies that are the right choices for her to play. I would love to see her try a comedy someday though.

I can’t say it enough, gorgeosity. She is outstanding –usualy I look for the Angelina Jolie pics first but Kate literally took my breath away when I saw her on TV .Stunning

Like the color of the dress on her, but not that style. It’s way too tight and makes her look very hippy, she’s stuffed into it like a sausage, not flattering on her at all.

I’m so glad that she’s finally winning after years of being looked over.

I love the way she looks in this dress. It fits her so perfectly and the color is stunning. Plus she really carries it well, unlike Teri Hatchers whose dress overwhelmed her…

Damn she looks hot. Glad she’s finally wearing color again like she used to because she looks the hottest and most beautiful when she wears bright colors. She looked so much better than that corpse Angelna.

#10 stfu. You’re probably one of those Angelina obsessed loonies who post all day on this site who is just jealous of Kate Winslet’s success with the awards this year. Sorry Angelina has no chance in hell of winning not if Kate, Meryl Streep and Anne Hathaway has anythign to do with it.

BTW this is such a classy dress. It does not look trashy in the least. Don’t be jealous of her fabulous cleavage. Most of the actresses wore low cut dresses tonight, Kate can’t help it if she’s hot!

She looked so much better than that sick looking Angelina that’s for damn sure. What a body. What a face.

Kate’s hips don’t look too wide because her body is so freaking proportionate! It’s a perfect hourglass. Look at how it curves at the waist. I’m sorry you’re used to toothpicks in hollywodo so the fact that Kate has hips looks odd to you but that is what every guy I know what would call a hot hourglass figure. It’s a total Marilyn Monroe shape. Her body is soooo sexy and she’s beautiful!

She seriously made Angelina Jolie look matronly tonight. When she came on stage I was speechless. Those curves could poke an eye out. What a beautiful color on a beautiful woman.

Congratulations to Kate. She’s a fine actress and has had a wonderful year. She looks stunning in this dress – from the waist up. I agree that the hip area isn’t flattering. The color is great, though.

Such a classy actress. I love not seeing tattoes all over her body, or vials of blood or anything just straight up weird…Just a breath of fresh air.

I agree with everyone, Kate has an amzing body and one of the best actresses today. And #23,
Kate did star in a romantic comdey called The Holiday with Cameron Diaz and Jack Black back in 2006.

Love the cut and colour of that dress!

Lisa #2.... @ 01/26/2009 at 2:00 am

Thanks Kay #35 about letting me know the romantic comedy she was in. I now remember seeing the box at Blockbuster afterall. I think I passed it up because of Jack Black. ha haa. (I don’t care for him too much because he tends to “over act ” in my opinion.) Did any of you see the movie, “The Holiday”? If so, was it any good?

If you haven’t seen “Little Children”, you must rent it. It is one of those movies that after you see it, you will think about it for days afterwards. Jackie Earle Haley won many awards for this movie, which keeps you riveted yet disturbed watching.

The top and bottom of that dress look nice. However the middle is horrible. It makes her thigh area look fat. I know her hips are wide but the weird pear-shaped cut on that dress make her look enormous.

Nice to see Kate is not going the Botox route like Nicole “Frozen Face” Kidman. She has wrinkles and crows feet around her eyes. How refreshing! It’s nice to see an actress who embraces aging.

she’s so talented and so goreous kate and anne hathaway and katie holmes were the only beautiful and stuuning ladies on that award show.

Wow beautiful dress Kate! Lovely and classy as always! Another award..gooo for the Academy!!!!

kate is incredible – i love her! what’s wrong with her looking ‘hippy’ ? shes a real woman, at least she doesnt look like a stick insect like jolie or anything!

The Holiday is like a hot melting chocolate in the deep winter night for Jude Law Fans. It is one of our favorite films.

Kate is just gorgeous! Congrats!

#37
I did believe i saw most of it when I rented it. It’s not like one of those typical romantic comedy. It’s pretty cute. And I’ll rent Little Children as soon as I can.

I so agree with #30

Kate looked gorgeous..And to the people who said, she looked too hippy and she was showing too much cleavage, need to get over themselves.. She has a gorgeous figure, and she just has curves… really beautiful woman… So happy that she won the award, she deserved it, great actress, she seems so nice and very down to earth…

just my 2 cents @ 01/26/2009 at 11:10 am

beautiful, beautiful woman and amazingly talented. this is her year. GO KATE!

she so deserved that award! It’s too bad she didn’t win the other one! let’s hope she gets the oscar! her dress was my favourite!

lakers fan in boston @ 01/26/2009 at 4:24 pm

i love u kate!!! and congrats on winning again
one thing i do hate about u is ur speeches, they really sound so fake, i mean u exaggerate it so much, ur breathing hard and ****….just calm done
her dress was ok, but she did look nice, gl at the oscars kate =D

Kate looked gorgeous at this year’s SAG awards :). I absolutely love that dress on her, it looks stunning :).

Congrats, to Kate for winning Best Supporting Actress for her role in The Reader :).

I just wish she had also won for Best Actress, because I think she deseves that too! She was amazing as April Wheeler in Revolutionary Road ;).

I love the dress. She looks so pretty.

Ugh! Not her again! I can’t stand this actress. And my God woman, have some class and cover those breasts! She looks like a stripper!

Meryl owns Kate! She was SO much better than this overacting hack of an actress!

I think Jason and Sarah are the same person. Or they just worship that home-wrecker Angelina. Wait till’ ate wins the Oscar, haters!

Great actress! But fashion queen you are not. Yawn. BORING! Next…

beauty…………….