Jamie Foxx & Jake Gyllenhaal: Music Video Buddies

Jamie Foxx & Jake Gyllenhaal: Music Video Buddies

Jamie Foxx calls upon a few of his most famous friends in Hollywood to star in the music video for his new single “Blame It”, off his latest album Intuition (out now).

The 41-year-old singer was joined by Jake Gyllenhaal, Forest Whitaker, Samuel L. Jackson, director Ron Howard, Cedric the Entertainer and Quincy Jones.

The vid was directed by Hype Williams, who most recently did Kanye West‘s “Heartless” and Coldplay‘s “Vida La Vida.” It will premiere the week of Feb. 9.

10+ pictures inside of Jamie and Jake‘s music video bromance…

jamie foxx jake gyllenhaal music video 01
jamie foxx jake gyllenhaal music video 02
jamie foxx jake gyllenhaal music video 03
jamie foxx jake gyllenhaal music video 04
jamie foxx jake gyllenhaal music video 05
jamie foxx jake gyllenhaal music video 06
jamie foxx jake gyllenhaal music video 07
jamie foxx jake gyllenhaal music video 08
jamie foxx jake gyllenhaal music video 09
jamie foxx jake gyllenhaal music video 10
jamie foxx jake gyllenhaal music video 11

ABC

famous friends huh… well guess what, they’re not even friends. they’re just using each other :)

LOL Jake is such a loser.

Ooh! I can’t wait to see this!

Frederique @ 01/30/2009 at 6:19 pm

Isn’t Katherine Heighl in the first picture?

viva la vida @ 01/30/2009 at 6:53 pm

#4 I am not sure but the girl looks very much like K. Heigl.
That’s an interesting bunch of people but very random too. I am wondering what the video plot is about.

Jake Gyllenhaal is a Lean Mean Gay Sex Machine.

Straight Checklist @ 01/30/2009 at 7:22 pm

Spitting, mule-kicking, a rap vid. Must be the new game plan for “I Am Straight” Whats next, Jake at a Monster Truck Show?

jake is so sexy! all u guys suck for dissing him!

Jake is such a wanna be

Jake seems like a cool guy….I just worked with Jazzie Mahannah
from “Donnie Darko”….that’s a gr8 film

They’ve been friends since they did that War movie together where Jake was so buff and seriously hot. That was when I first remember Jake. Jake keeps friends from all his movies. He is friends with Robert Downey Jr. and he is friends with Jennifer Aniston and he was friends with Heath Ledger. I wish Jake would make a movie where he play some kind of tough, bad guy. he would be really hot.

josemiguel @ 01/30/2009 at 9:03 pm

Foxx and GyllenHo, what a couple of douches. The rest of the cast sounds ok though.

Hortensia @ 01/30/2009 at 9:10 pm

I thought the rumors were that they didn’t get along so well in Jarhead. Jake seems desperate to make some money. Maybe his parents who are broke are draining him dry, or maybe La Wither has cut his allowance. That would explain his rage at the jury selction and this rather weird video appearance. Will he sing? In drag? Jake really should recap his Saturday Nite Live performance and make a video in drag.Jake would be a great drag queen. I bet that would sell. LOL

Hortensia, you’re being something that rhymes with “witch.”

Hortensia, you’re being something that rhymes with “witch.”

Jake filmed this video in December and he nor anyone else appearing in this video is getting paid.

All guys are nice in this video.
Jake is too hot!

i love Hortensia! @ 01/30/2009 at 10:01 pm

>Hortensia, you’re being something that rhymes with “witch.”< AND THAT’S A BAD THING? LOL

OMG! It´s car full of Oscar´s winners. Jake didn´t get yet but he is young and his time is coming…

Oh Jake. You so fly. JK He looks stupid. I think this is supposed to be a joke like the least cool guys in the world in the entourage car rollin with the rapper. Seriously Opie and Bubble Boy? WTF

WHAT IS JAKE GYLLENHAALDOING? I USED TO RESPECT HIM, BUT LATELY HE IS REALLY TURNING ME OFF! THAT’S IT, I’M TURNED. HE’S A WANKER!!! HE LOOKS SO OUT OF PLACE. WHAT A ***! HE’S A MIDDLE CLASS, HAD EVERYTHING HANDED TO HIM ON A PLATE, MAMMA’S BOY. WHAT THE HELL IS HE DOING IN A RAP VIDEO.
HE’D GET THE **** KICKED OUT OF HIM WHERE I COME FROM. I BET HE’S WANTED TO DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS FOR AGES SO HE CAN ASSOCIATE HIM SELF WITH COOL RAPPERS.
AND WHAT THE HELL IS RON HOWARD DOING THERE? I THOUGHT THEY WERE VERY SERIOUS PEOPLE. THIS IS SOMETHING PARIS HILTON DOES FOR PUBLICITY. WHY ARE THEY DOING IT?
ALL FAMOUS PEOPLE ARE THE SAME. NO MATTER WHAT STATUS. THEY ALL WANNA BE SEEN WITH EACHOTHER AND SHOW OFF. BUT THIS REALLY SHOWS JAKE GYLLENHAAL TO BE A BROWN NOSER.SHMOOZING WITH ALL THE CELEBS. I BET HE ONLY DID IT BECAUSE RON HOWARD AND FORREST WHERE DOING IT, THAT HE WOULDN’T LOOK LIKE SUCH AN OUT OF PLACE **** HEAD FOR BEING THE ONLY SERIOUS CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED PERSON IN IT.
WHAT IS HE DOING?HE LOOKS SO STUPID! THIS IS A REALLY BAD. I MEAN WITHER-CHIN IS ONE THING BUT THIS TAKES THE PISS!
THIS SHOWS THAT WHEN YOU TAKE ALL THE AWARDS AWAY AND ACCLAIM AWAY, THEY LOVE ATTENTION. BUT ONLY ON THEIR TERMS. DIDN’T JAKE SPITT AND KICK A PHOTOGRAPHER?
AND WITHER-CHIN LIKES TO ***** ABOUT THEM?
LIKE I SAID THEY’RE ALL PARIS HILTONS AND LINDSEY LOHANS. THEY’RE JUST BETTER AT BEING SUBTLE ABOUT IT!

[☆I n F a m o u s☆] @ 01/30/2009 at 11:45 pm

jake – lame.

Oh please, Jake in this video? How retarded, he doesn’t even fit in. He must be so desperate for fame and fortune.

LIKE I SAID. HE’S A WANKER! HE LOOKS SO UNCOMFORTABLE.

How has no one commented on the fact that Ron Howard is in the vid. I think they made me love it even more by putting him in there. Ron should have directed it, would’ve been awesome, ;)

They’re not doing it for publicity, none of them need it NoName. Maybe they’re all just good friends and they wanna have fun. At least the vid is somewhat legit, instead of stupid and corny like the Miley and Mandy show.

On first picture he looks like Godfather…
But still… i like him :-D

Mr Perfekt @ 01/31/2009 at 9:04 am

May, I don’t see how appearing in a music video that will be aired on multiple musical channels, featuring their images for a song that will also be linked with them does not qualify as publicity.

I’m not a Jamie Foxx fan but it seems like he flipped through his phone book to grab whomever he thought was famous five seconds ago to throw into his video.

Ugh, how pathetic are most of you. You would think you all are most disgusting people in the world with your horrible comments. Get a life people.

Jake looks awesome and it is cool that he is in a video with with so many cool celebs. Can’t wait to see the video.

Jake loves rap. I hate it. We live in democracy !

He looks ridiculous like the rest of them, apart from Jamie Fox. Jake and the others don’t fit in a rap video at all, I’ll wait to see the video, but he looks silly there. All those people together make a strange combination and the association with that type of music is cero.I like the song,though.

Jake Gyllenhaal is a idiot #son of #bi#tch@ only this!

MAY— IT DOESN’T MATTER WHAT YOU SAY. LATELY HE’S TURNED INTO YOUR TYPICAL HOLLYWOOD STAR. NO ONE CAN RELATE TO HIM ANY MORE.
HE USED TO BE SO ENDEARING AND OPEN. I DON’T KNOW, THERE WAS JUST SOMETHING FRESH ABOUT HIM. I GUESS AS TIME GOES BY THE EXCITEMENT AND NEW-NESS OF FILM MAKING AND ACTING GETS OLD AND THEY ALL TURN INTO THESE PEOPLE THAT ORDINARY CIVILIANS LIKE MYSELF WORKING NINE TO FIVE CAN NO LONGER RELATE TO OR ENJOY WATCHING THEM PROGRESS. THEY ALL LOOK, TALK AND SOUND THE SAME.
I READ MICHEAL J FOX’S BIOGRAPHY. HE TALKS ALOT ABOUT THE WAY OF LIFE IN LA LA LAND. AT ONE POINT IN THE BOOK HE SAYS THAT WHILE ACTORS ARE IN THERE TRAILERS SHOOTING A MOVIE OR WHATEVER, THEY KNOW THAT ORDINARY PEOPLE ARE OUTSIDE WAITING FOR THEM. WONDERING ABOUT THEM AND ENVYING THEM. BASICALLY HE SAYS THAT NO MATTER HOW MUCH ACTORS PRENTEND OTHERWISE, THEY KNOW THAT THEY’RE IN THIER TRAILER’S AND WE’RE OUT HERE AND THEY LIKE IT THAT WAY.
NOT ALL ACTOR’S BEGIN LIKE THAT. THEY START OF FRESH, GRATEFUL AND…. I DON’T KNOW, FRESH OR SOMETHING. SOME ACTORS STAY THAT WAY, BUT VERY FEW.
THEY REMAIN CONSISTENT, LIKE JACK NICHOLSON, OR JOHNNY DEPP. THEY NEVER FELL INTO COOL LITTLE GANGS LIKE GEORGE CLOONEY OR MATT DAMON. THEY REMAINED INDEPENDENT AND INDIVIDUAL.
JAKE GYLLENHAAL HAS LOST THAT AND IT’S SAD. THIS VIDEO PROVES IT. THESE TYPES OF VIDEO’S ARE TO SHOW ORDINARY PEOPLE WHAT THEY DON’T HAVE. WHAT THEY’RE MISSING.
JAKE GYLLENHAAL IS JUST ANOTHER ONE TO RUB IT IN.
FOR SOMEONE WHO TALK ABOUT INTEGRITY AND ALL THAT, THIS PROVES THAT HE IS RUNNING OUT OF HIS FAST!
SORRY FOR THE SPELLING.

JAKE GYLLENHAAL IS JUST ANOTHER ONE TO RUB IT IN.
SORRY FOR THE SPELLING.

Jake is not a loser! I think he just misses Reese =(

Some of you like SE and Noname sound really insane and really just like ugly and pathetic people. You don’t even know Jake, yet you say the most horrible and nasty things about him.

I don’t know him either but I have the decency not to judge someone who just seems to be living his life.

Get a life and get a grip.