Dakota Fanning is a Navy Nymph

Dakota Fanning is a Navy Nymph

Dakota Fanning is age-appropriately cute in a sleek satin jumpsuit as she tapes a segment for the The Late Show with David Letterman at the Ed Sullivan Theater in New York City on Monday (February 2).

The adorable 14-year-old, who finished off her look with BCBGirls platforms, recently chatted about her real and rumored upcoming roles in Coraline and the Twilight series with Parade magazine.

On how she’s like and unlike Coraline: I collect dolls and I’ve been doing it my whole life. I just love them. Coraline doesn’t collect girly things. I think she’s a bit more tomboyish than I am. When I was a kid I used to imagine those dolls were my children and I’d act out little stories with them. I think that’s when I realized that maybe I could be an actor.

On rumors that she’ll appear in the next Twilight movie: It’s definitely being discussed but it’s not set in stone. It would be really cool to be a part of Twilight if it works out. I’m a big fan. I saw the first movie but I haven’t read all of the books yet, I’m working on it. I would be a vampire, which could really prove that I can be sweet, little Dakota Fanning and then I can be something different on the screen.

You can catch Dakota Fanning’s Letterman appearance on Friday, February 6.

In the meantime, find 15+ photos of Dakota Fanning inside…

dakota letterman 01
dakota letterman 17

• Johnny Galecki and Kelli Garner have decided to split- US Weekly
  • Check out a new poster for Jane the Virgin- Just Jared Jr
  • Read some of Helen Mirren's most inspirational quotes- Huffington Post
  • How much is Katie Holmes' new home in Calabasas?- Lainey Gossip
  • Kristin Cavallari shows off her body in a very tight dress- Hollywood Tuna

Very pretty and incredibly talented.

Her outfit is adorable. I’m used to seeing celebs in their 30′s trying to pull off that look and it doesn’t work but it actually works for a cute teenager. She’s going to be gorgeous when she grows up.

Where’d you get the “nymph” reference from?

On another note she’s growing into a decent actress. But I’ll probably always love her as Sean Penn’s daughter from I Am Sam.

Whoa, is that first comment my doppleganger, ;)

Russian girl @ 02/03/2009 at 12:55 pm

Oh, she is really pretty young lady. Smart, talented and beauty. And looks like 14 years old. Not like 25….

love the outfit!

dokata is fabulous @ 02/03/2009 at 1:04 pm

First, haha, I feel so silly

Wow, this girl is just blossoming so well. I hope she stays grounded & away from all the Hollywood ****.

ALL THE BEST TO YOU DAKOTA!!!

She looks her age and like the sister of Amanda Seyfield from MAMMA MIA. She doesn’t look as distasteful and ****** as Miley Cyrus and Ali Lohan A.K.A Sh^t Spears and Lindsay Hohan 2.0.

OMG! Looked at her!! What a cutie pie!

she looks so cute! i love what she’s wearing

Dakota Fanning is growing up nicely before our eyes! She is very precocious and a talented actress indeed. I gotta be honest, she looks cute in her getup, to the point where I’m beginning to harbor some lascivious sentiments about her.

she’s a cutie

lol ‘when i was a kid’

Talented and beautiful actress.

omg! if thats Dakota Fanning then I seriously NEED to grow up!

beautiful girl.

She looks about 23! Though I don’t think she’s trying too. Unlike other child actors *coughAlianaLohancough*

wow…shes so classy! shes grown into such a beauty! she never went through that trashy phase that a lot of teen girls do. she can be a total fashion icon. shes chic all the way! do i see a future audrey hepburn??

She’s becoming a real beauty.

Christian @ 02/03/2009 at 2:16 pm

Dakota looks her age which is a refreshing change from the celebutarts who grow up way too fast.

[☆I n F a m o u s☆] @ 02/03/2009 at 2:22 pm

this is who kids should be looking up to.

She’s always been my favorite of the child actresses. I hope she’ll continue to stay sweet and focused…and not turn into a train wreck, like LIndsay (who used to be one of my fav child actresses).

Dakota reminds me of young Laura Linney an awful lot.

do u guys think shes had sex yet?

Holy cow she’s growing up! She looks great!

rofl jared why the fck are you calling dakota a nymph? Bahahaha look it up! she is not a nymph. you should change that jared its offensive.

anyway she looks really pink and shouldnt lighten her hair but shes cute.

[☆I n F a m o u s☆] @ 02/03/2009 at 2:46 pm

Adorable. Great actress, mature and intelligent. Keep it up! =D

She’s so adorable. I love watching her blossom into a young woman. She has class unlike the “Disney stars” out there. Go Dakota!

elanenergy @ 02/03/2009 at 3:15 pm

I have high hopes for darling Dakota—she seems up to the challenge, in every way.

Hi Jared,
I don’t understand the difference between justjared and justjaredjr… Dakota should be in jr, shouldn’t she?

Dakota is growing up!! Love her shoes!

Pretty and talented. Reminds me of a young Kate Winslet.

my GOD !!!!!UGLY TEENAGE

ali lohan, take note. this is what 14 year olds should look like

i think she’d probably pull off twilight pretty well

It was cold in NY what last night, the night before and this little **** is wearing a hot pants jumpsuit? PUT A COAT ON!!! She’s more decent than Ali and Miley. WTF!!!? SHE’S NO BETTER THAN THEM, DAKOTA HAD A RAPE SCENE IN HOUNDOG, FOR GOD’S SAKE!

Yeah, I’d **** ‘er.

How grown up you are. Dakota you turned into beautiful young lady.

She seriously has the best fashion sense. Clearly, I did not look as cute and stylish as her when I was 14.

Dakota looks amazing!

dakota is a great role model for young girls!
she’s got talent and class.

She’s rly pretty. Can’t believe how big she was. I just watched Dreamer, lol didn’t realize that’s a few yrs old.

she looks soo cute.
well i finally like her hair.
it got longer :)
but i looked at this real fast and it looked like brandi cyrus for some reason haha

i love her outfit….where could i find something like it?

Shes so cute and a great role model for young ladies!~

Wasn’t she already something other than sweet little Dakota Fanning in that awful film, Hide and Seek? She was decent, though.

she looks great. love the whole look. hope she’ll become a successful actress one day….love tht she doesnt cake herself with makeup.

Dakota forever @ 02/04/2009 at 7:10 am

Dakota looks sensational in any shade of blue, including navy blue.

I think she’s the best hollywood teenage actress right now, very talented and she got the looks also. really pretty without looking like she’s trying too much

Mosorot marror @ 03/01/2009 at 3:09 am

DONT COMPARE THIS PRETTY GIRL WITH YOUNG KATE WINSLET. KATE IS OVERLY RATED! KATE IS NOT THAT “GREAT” OF AN ACTRESS. KATE’S GOO. NOT GREAT. DAKOTA LOOKS TO BE HEADING AT BEING GORGEOUS. WE’LL SEE.

ok she is not ugly!!! she was so cute and now shes turnin out to be a pretty teenager! i have always loved her. and i didnt know she played coraline..aw

Dakota, eres muy linda, te ves preciosa en las fotos y como estes tu eres muy linda y lo k te pongas t keda TE AMO!!!

aww she’s growing up. i cant wait to see what she’ll look like as jane

can´t believe she’s already 14!!!

She can pull off anything. Shes not one of those ****** little girls, she gorgeous and knows how to dress.

hector rivero @ 07/18/2009 at 11:10 am

Blessed be the hand, that sembro seed, which grew the tree which cut to remove the wood with which made the cradle where you slept when you were born angel beautiful.

Dang she looks so old I thought she was at least 30.

@Rayt:

Rayt, you are an idiot (ref 02/03/2009 at 2:37 pm). Nymph simply means ‘beautiful young lady’. You’re probably thinking of ‘nympho’ (a contraction of ‘nymphomaniac’), which is entirely different.

Maybe check what you claim to know before dishing out advice and corrections, yeah?

The reason why Dakota Fanning is as grounded and classy as she is is because her parents were smart and KEPT HER THE F–K AWAY FROM DISNEY!!!!Seriously,any parents that have children getting into acting,or singing,keep your children away from Disney,with their brainwashing Mickey Mouse club bs,and they’ll grow up just fine.