Johnny Depp Joins The Three Stooges?

Johnny Depp Joins The Three Stooges?

Johnny Depp could be starring in the upcoming film adaptation of The Three Stooges, reports In Touch.

The 45-year-old actor could soon be poking Sean Penn in the eye in the Farrelly brothers’ forthcoming comedy.

“They want Johnny to play Moe and Sean Penn will be Larry — they’re still looking to cast Curly,” an insider says.

The Farrelly brothers will work on the Stooges movie after filming Walter the Farting Dog with the Jonas Brothers this spring.

Johnny may have to get a Moe bowl haircut!

DO YOU THINK Johnny would be a great Stooge — YAY or NAY?

• How many glasses of wine can Gerard Depardieu drink a day?- US Weekly
  • Joan Rivers' doctor was also Celine Dion's doctor- TMZ
  • Macklemore is the latest victim of a death hoax- Gossip Cop
  • Check out cast portraits for Jane the Virgin - Just Jared Jr
  • Bill Hader will host Saturday Night Live- Entertainment Weekly
  • Ana Braga shows off her sexy bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

love him!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the three stooges , Johhny Depp Sean Penn it would be great..

shoes4life @ 02/04/2009 at 9:30 am

NOOOOOOOOOO JOHNNY DON’T DO IT!!!!!

Bad, bad, bad, bad decision if true.

shoes4life @ 02/04/2009 at 9:31 am

How about hollywood letting the 3 stooges rest in peace and just rerun the old episodes instead of ruining this great era with remakes, again.

he´s great in every character and i´d love to see him in a comedy again!!
love you mr.!!! :)

Why must everything be touched a second pass? Is the industry that bereft of ideas that they have to resuscitate every gem and put a new spin on it? Agreed w/ ‘shoes’ — let these legends maintain ownership of these wonderful films…..

CAN Depp do it? Of course! Would he be great? Indeed! SHOULD he do it NO!!! Hollywood needs to get off their duffs and come up with new and fresh and stop doing all these revisits! Johnny can certainly play the role and amaze us all once again but I doubt that he would even WANT to take on this kinda role (unless Tim Burton was directing it…dude now THAT would be interesting!) This kinda role seems like the Hollywood machine is still trying to sink their hooks in Mr. Depp and the Depp fans know that he don’t play that! (at least we hope he still wants to keep away from the ‘machine’.)

Curly should be Kevin James or K Fed lol

vermontfudge @ 02/04/2009 at 10:17 am

NOOOOOOOOOO MOOOOOOOOE!!!! (and NO to Curly, Larry and that goes without saying NOOOO to Shemp and Curley Joe). Why would anyone believe In Touch anyway?

Yes!!! He should do it!!!

BAD IDEA ALERT

The MISERABLE looks are already there, folks!!

Just another filmmaker/producer trying to get attention for his movie proposal by linking it to big names who will never be attached.

[☆I n F a m o u s☆] @ 02/04/2009 at 12:53 pm

this would be right up his bizarre alley

Curly was always m y favorite. I hated shep.

OMG, that sounds so funny! I think these three might be able to pull it off. Love the uniqueness off each of them.

oops, I read that as Will Farrel, so maybe that’s their third.

Well if Depp as Moe pokes Sean as Larry in the eye ….I
guess that could make Sean ‘MoePhobic ?? ;p

Johnny would be great reading the phone book.
I love it!

I think he’d be fine, but I think a 3 Stooges movie is a mistake no matter who is in it.

Oh, also Sean should play Moe because he is cranky all the time. I think Johnny should be Larry.

Tinaverse @ 02/04/2009 at 2:46 pm

It would be great and hopefully they would try to be really funny.

Interesting…I love the three stooges…It will be great to see Johnny Depp re-creating the role of Moe. Sean Penn would be curly? Moe may have been hot when he was younger…LOL…and Johnny Depp will make Moe look G R E A T!! I don’t know, they’ll have to apply makeup to give the hot looking Johnny Depp a goofy look to bring Moe to life. Although I think Johnny will be able to capture the character…he did great in the film he did with Aidan Quinn…Johnnys’ character re-created Charlie Chaplin…and was great!

lakers fan in boston @ 02/04/2009 at 4:27 pm

oooo
i didnt no they were making a movie on the 3 stooges
should be a good movie =]

MAJOR YEAY!

can we please get benicio del toro to do the 3rd stooge dude?? PLEAAAAAAAAAASE

Johnny! Sean! I’ll definetely go see this!

Shemp lugosi @ 02/04/2009 at 5:42 pm

I would totally love to see Johnny as Moe and Sean as Larry! That would rock!

HE WAS GREAT AS ED WOOD, HE WOULD BE A SHOO IN AS MOE, AND THAT IDIOT SEAN FAVORS CURLY!

What the hell, movie studios??? It never actually hurts to take some chances and make some new franchises you know!

The ONLY movie that was any good was paid for and directed by Mel Gibson. It showed the truth, and the real life crap that all three men went through.
Moe was a smart business man. He knew what he wanted, and he and Larry were friends for life. Larry was the only stooge that wasn’t related to Moe. Shemp and Curly were brothers of Moe. What can this movie show that wasn’t already uncovered by Mel? He’s the biggest fan of the stooges and made an honest worthwhile movie of their story. Tell Hollywood to let it go. While we’re on the subject, let’s discuss another HUGE MISTAKE- The Green Hornet remake with Seth Rogen…REALLY? Is that necessary? And Johnny as Tonto? FOR GOD’S SAKE! Find some REAL WRITERS and get better movies for once. Look at the upcoming movies being filmed. Just another rerun of all the crap that came before it. I am NOT a hater….just tired of all the rehash from years past. Imagination is dead in Hollyweird.

I think that Jack Black should be curly. I can picture him as Curly!

curly, ok, but.. SHEMP is where its at!!!

Ummm…OK, I LOVE JD, but, really? Why do this to the Stooges?? Doesn’t quite make sense except for the corporate greed, which I would HOPE that he would avoid like the freaking plauge. I don’t think imagination is dead in Hollywood, just broke.

johnny will be great, and Jim Carrey…NOT sean penn..eeeww. curley….hmmmm lets see…cuba gooding jr. …

john goodman would make a good curly..he’s kinda heavy set but can make me laugh…plus he used to do the three stooges’s impressions all the time when he was on the show, Roseanne.

marcia donna @ 02/04/2009 at 8:33 pm

ya know, they weren’t funny when i was growing up
and they are still not funny. stupid yes funny no.
maybe part of film history but not a good part.
poking eyes out, hitting heads with hammers, sorry does not
make me laugh.
depp has depth doesn’t need this stuff.
now, my idea of funny somewhat from that era, victor borge.
he had class, wit, intellect.
maybe johnny could find a partner and play one half of
the smothers brothers, now thats comedy !!!!!!!!

jonasbrosrgay @ 02/04/2009 at 8:47 pm

THE JONAS BROTHERS ARE FAGGOTS!!! THEY ARE GAY AND NOONE LIKES THEM THEY SHOULD JUST GIVE UP!! THEYVE ONLY HAD ABOUT ONE GOOD SONG BUT HARDLY!!!!! THEY WEAR TIGHT PANTS CUZ THEY ARE GAYWADS!!!!!! THE FARTING DOG IS A STUPID IDEA DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY CUZ THE JONAS BROTHERS ARE GAAAYYY!!!!!!

Johnny Depp doesn’t do comedy roles. I think Ben Stiller could be a good Moe.

nooooo!!!!!!!! please johnny say it ain’t so. more love movies, less silly movies. pleeeeease.

exposingassholes of the cosmos @ 02/04/2009 at 9:24 pm

Jonny Depp as a Stooge:
What has Depp been through to deserve such a role as Moe.
Poor choice Depp, he hasn’t struggled as the stooges and he’s
not that funny.
Sean Penn,I bet Moe, Larry,Curly and Shemp are crying in there graves.
At least use the Baldwin brothers,they would’nt need to act stupid.

I doubt that I would go see a movie that tries to re-create the Stooges of the 1930s-1940s. However, if they put together a new team of three guys, who have their own style and physical comedy, then I might be interested in seeing it.

Deppaholic @ 02/05/2009 at 12:41 am

Johnny would be a great Moe, probably even better than the real Moe himself. I think Will Sasso who used to be on Mad TV would make an awesome Curly, of course he isn’t in the same class as Johnny but then again neither is Sean lol. anyways I think it would rawk to see it casted that way.

Andrew Kalin @ 02/05/2009 at 2:03 am

Johnny, You are too good an actor to play a sleazeball comic. Have class and walk away from it.

i went through all the comments tryin to remember the guy from mad tv ,you hit it. will sasso would be great for curly. penn needs to shed a few pounds but the hair is perfect like when he was a lawyer for al pacino as far as moe depp doesnt fit at all. i think dinero” whyyy i ouggghhhtta” would be cool comin from his facial expressions would fit and he has done comedy but hes to big to do this kind of role. besides he has never changed his hairdo and dont think he would for this. keep searchin for moe and use penn and sasso.

JACK BLACK as Curly – done.

spread out @ 02/05/2009 at 7:41 am

Agree w/ David about “The Three Stooges”, the movie that Mel Gibson was involved with. It is a very good biopic about the stooges. The character of Curly is played by Michael Chiklis. Believe it or not, he makes an EXCELLENT Curly. Check out this movie. Besides, didn’t the Farrely Bros do the stooges in “Brother Where Art Thou?”

Without the “real” Curly, it’s just ‘Two Stooges and Some Other Guy’!

A remake of the 3 stooges. You’ve got to be kidding. I flat out refuse here and now to see such an act of sacrilege.

This film should not be made. No matter how good it is, or who they get to play Moe, Larry and Curly, it will not do the Stooges justice. Just because the Farrelly brothers can make this film, it doesn’t mean they should make this film. I don’t want to see the Stooges turn over in their graves. Although they could make that funny. Leave the genius of the Stooges alone. No one would try and re-make Citizen Kane, would they? Please don’t make this film!!

billymatt @ 02/05/2009 at 1:55 pm

Does anyone really believe this story? What a bunch of baloney!
Depp and/or Penn…it will never happen.

Johnny would be an awesome Stooge! He’s got that “crazy funny” thing going on.

They could good, if they make it really quirky. Seam Penn needs to do a comedy, again.

I think this would be great to see him and Sean Penn in a comedy…I think they should cast “Carrot Top” for curly. He has an amazing sense of humour……..not that I’ve ever seen his Vegas show but from appearances on Gene Simmons family jewels.

Unreal!!!! — I heard this on WDVE this morning and I knew it would freak you out!

sean penn and depp will be fantastic! id like to see the 3rd stooge be a frat packer uy to pull in the young audience such as jack black, james franco, seth, i actually think matt damon could pull it off- he commits to a role!

FREDDY FRED @ 02/15/2009 at 5:52 am

lET’S STOP AND BE REAL ROBERT DENERIO AS MOE
jOHNNY d as larry
sean penn as curly

Got It!!! pay me producer!!! ill expect it don’t use it unless I get paid

James Gandolfini should be curly, it would be great then!

There simply aren’t any original ideas anymore. Re-makes are just a lazy attempt to suck in the stupid cash paying public by adding a little more blood or obscenity in their movies. If I want to watch the Stooges, I will watch the Original stooges, the great ones! If I want to watch Friday the 13th, I will watch the 1980 version. The best one! ETC…By remaking movies or shows, you destroy the original concepts that were great. Save your money people. If you must watch remade garbage, then go buy it in the $5.00 movie bin at Wal-Mart.

Michael Chiklis was great as Curly in a 2000 TV movie, but he remade himself for THE SHIELD and may not fit the part nor want the part as Curly again. How about putting Mel Gibson somewhere in such a film? I’ve heard he is a big Stooges fan. Maybe he could be Moe or fill a cameo role as Shemp Howard.

i love this man. but i can’t see him in this movie.but to each his own, if he wants to do this,more power to him. i just can’t see him being that “goofy”. it’s just not him. I LOVE YOU JOHNNY!!!

How ’bout Don Rickles as Curly?

I use to watch them when they was on TV.Them guys make laugh so hard.I think will do good playing Moe.

I mad because in music their remaking old songs, for example Right Round by Flo Rida is based of of Round Round by Dead or Alive. The same things with movies they already ruined many movies for example they made a crappy remake of Halloween, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and they are going to remake A Nightmare On Elm Street. Why is everyone now a days so unoriginal remaking crappy versions of old sucsess and the reason is for money. I personally don’t understand why they can’t leave these things alone.

Don’t get me wrong I’m a huge fan of Johnny Depp, yet I don’t think he could do it. The only one who can play Moe Howard is Moe Howard. Now I’ve never seen Sean Penn, the only tip is he should learn how to play the violin, or else. Even if he does he can’t pull it off either because their is something about the originals that you just can’t cope or remake, no matter how many times you try. The statement you got it right the first time is right.

Bottom line get something else, and in response to common beleif I’m a female and I love the three stooges. That is up to the point of Shemp. After he died and Joe Besser took his place that is when the whole show went down the tubes. My saying is you need two Howards to make a good Three Stooges episode, and that would be true through out history.

It’s going to be hard to do the three stooges but you’ve got alot of talent with with johnny and sean how about michael chiklis from the shield to play curley at least he won’t have to shave his head

In my opinion……There is only one missing link to the cast and only one person that could pull two of the best from comedy and serious roles in Jim Carrey and Sean Penn together, and that’s Robin Williams as Moe- Everyone respects him in the industry, and he has just enough of both elements to make it a real sell- Not to mention his phrasing would be dead on and it wouldn’t take much for him to mimic the character- He is the ringere and I hope they approach him with it-

kevin james as curly
kevin spacey as moe
kevin pollack as larry

the three kevins

Adam sandler would be the best pick to play the part of moe

rob schneider would be the best pick to play the part of larry

will farrell , jack black , jim carrey would be the best choice for curry

“America better watch out
or in a couple of years we’ll all
be little more than a minstrel show
for Asia.”
-Gore Vidal
1988

In 2010, with pointless, done-to-death
cultural incest like this all we can say is
—IT’S A DONE DEAL.