Christian Bale's Apology: I Acted Like a Punk

Christian Bale's Apology: I Acted Like a Punk

Christian Bale has called into the KROQ Kevin & Bean show in Los Angeles to apologize for his screaming and shouting mishap while filming Terminator Salvation.

The 35-year-old actor admits, “It’s been a miserable week for me. I know I have a pottymouth, everybody knows that now. I have no confusion whatsoever. I was out of order beyond belief, I was way out of order. I acted like a punk, I regret that and there is nodbody that has heard that tape that has been hit harder by it [than me]. I make no excuses for it, it is inexcusable and I hope that is absolutely clear.”

Christian continues, “One thing that has really disturbed me throughout this is I’m not familiar or comfortable with this notion of being a movie star. I’m an actor and I’m don’t quite know how to handle [the movie star thing]. The thing that disturbs me so much is that I’ve heard a lot of people saying that I seem to think I’m better than anybody else. Nothing could be farther from the truth. I’m a lucky SOB. I never forget that and that is why I put so much into what I do and I care so much about it . Sometimes that enthusiasm just goes awry.”

Mr. Bale ended, “I am embarrassed by it and I regret it. And I ask everybody to sit down and ask themselves, ‘Have they ever had a bad day and have they ever lost their temper and really regretted it immensely?’”

ABC

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 » Show All

Big deal we’ve all had a bad day, I don’t know whats so wrong about it . I know I’m not perfect in anyway..I don’t think you have to apologize it was awhile ago…

Just don’t forget the most important thing: we got an awesome remix out of it.

I Love Velvet Goldmine @ 02/07/2009 at 11:14 am

I just watched ‘Empire of the Sun’ and its amazing what a good actor he is even at such a young age. I think if he has the feeling for things he’ll let you know that seems to be the method to his acting so he must of thought if only for a minute losing temper that it was for a purpose. Come on people this guy is the ****. Don’t hate on him. Still can’t believe he got to play Jesus on the big screen and who can forget Patrick Bateman. And being Batman aswell. in my eyes hes unstoppable whereas Brangelina, TomKat, Jennifer Anistons, Claire Daneses and all these other stupid, boring nobody ***** you put out there can kiss my ******* ass!

#22 Junk : He not may not be the most agreeable person but a great actor he is so **** you Ur jealous or just bullshit yourself

#22 Junk: Hello? A **** actor he is not he may not be the most agreeable person but talent as an actor he has. Bullshit I think you’re jealous.

at least, he admits his mistakes, it’s not evryone in hollywood, who could do this, there’s so much ego !

I like him no matter what!

Although it’s true that Mr. Bale is just a regular person who can lose his temper, you kind of expect a celebrity to have more poise on the set than the average bum. Actually, I heard a bum last night swearing like Mr. Bale last night!

Then again, what do you expect of actors who make terrible movies!

I don’t think I could conscionably continue to support Christian’s career after learning what an A**Hole he is. Any movie that I watch of his from now on will be a bootleg. No excuse for his rant. For the money he makes I think he can afford to be a little nicer to the set people. I hope his carreer is finished.

He is unstoppable???? we shall see. With no anger classes he will have more psychoness to come. He has no class @ all.

Edumacated @ 02/07/2009 at 4:28 pm

Angelica @ 02/07/2009 at 6:38 am My boyfriend works in one big company and when he listened to the Bale tape he said it was nothing compared to what he hears every day. Once his boss screamed at him and threw papers and files at him when he messed something up. He was so loud (and for justified reasons) that his assistant started crying. But, they’ve continued working on later as if nothing happened, and my boyfriend has learned so much from his boss in a professional sense and all this yelling at him has only made him stronger and wiser.
************************************

With all due respect, if your boyfriend allowed someone to THROW files at him and speak to him as if he were subhuman, then your boyfriend is a frightened little wuss.

In life, you TEACH people how to treat you. I am an attorney and business owner and NEVER have I allowed anyone to treat me with disrespect in the workplace, and that includes partners at major law firms. A boss is your professional superior and has the right to reprimand you, but NO ONE has the right to be abusive.

The second you allow someone to treat you as if you are something on the bottom of their shoe, it empowers them to do so again and again and again. That your boyfriend thinks he DESERVES to be treated in that manner and thinks his boss’ cruelty is an some way a GOOD thing speaks volumes about your poor boyfriend’s self esteem. He sounds like the prototypical battered wife who thinks she DESERVES to be verbally abused by her husband and is then oh so grateful when he brings her flowers.

The next time it happens, you boyfriend should say the following: “Mr. X, I fully respect your position here and welcome your constructive criticism, but I am a professional. I don’t clean your toilets or shine your shoes and don’t appreciate being spoken to as if you think I do. Please make your points without being verbally abusive. And if you ever THROW anything at me again, I will file a formal complaint with Human Resources, as well as consider any legal action that I deem appropriate under the circumstances. Of course, I am certain it won’t come to that since I know we both have the capacity to conduct ourselves in a professional manner.”

Undecided @ 02/07/2009 at 4:53 pm

This is a pattern with verbal abusers….unfortunately he has exploded over and over….I think the guy is whack….

bale is wrong @ 02/07/2009 at 5:20 pm

This is why America and the world is getting worst because insanity like this gets a free pass.

We wait for something really bad to happen to take action which is unacceptable.

EDUMACATED WELL SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!

lola @ 02/07/2009 at 1:11 pm
_______________________________________________

Of course he admitted, how could he not? It’s out there for the world to see AND he’s got a movie coming out. The sad part is, when he did share with the world how much he regretted it, he still made excuses for it. So, you know….whatever. AGAIN, it really sounds like the guy needs help because he has a wife and child that could come face to face with one of his “bad days”….tell me, do you/would you scream at your child for 4 minutes and be justifed in it? And if there was no one there to hold you back, take it further? It’s called self control and it only takes one time letting go of it to this extent to ruin everything. The only thing hurt right now is his pride and image, but if it is allowed to go unchecked and excuses are made for it time and again, it could eventually turn out worse.

JUST STOP IT @ 02/07/2009 at 6:51 pm

THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE DEFENDING HIM…JUST STOP IT!!!! YES HE APOLOGIZED AND THANK GOODNESS FOR THAT. BUT DO YOU REALLY BELIEVE THAT THIS IS THE 1ST AND OR THE LAST TIME HE WILL EXPLODE! STOP EXCUSING HIS RAGES AND SEE THEM FOR WHAT THEY ARE…ANGER MANAGEMENT ISSUES. HE NEEDS COUNSELING OR DO SOME OF YOU BELIEVE HE HAD NO PART IN THE ISSUES LAST YEAR WITH HIS MOTHER? LOOK AT HIS WIFE’S DEMEANOR, THE MAN HAS ISSUES AND HE NEEDS HELP. MOST OF YOU WOULDN’T ECUSE HIM IF HE WERE YOUR NEIGHBOR OR OR IF YOU WERE THE PERSON ON THE RECEIVING END, SO DON’T EXCUSE HIM NOW. UNKNOWN OR KNOWN…HE STILL NEEDS HELP.

well mr bale can yell at me anytime rawr… :*

Yea…but would Christian have really been sorry if this audio tape hadn’t leaked? Did he apologize to the guy he was yelling at back then? That’s what I want to know! I have had bad days and have said sorry after. But did he?

blarrrghhhh @ 02/07/2009 at 9:37 pm

Apparently his mom said that it’s “just his temper” and it hurt her to hear her son like that. The statement suggest its not just a random flip out that “everyone has once in awhile” like a lot of people are saying. Bale doesn’t need our forgiveness, but for his own mental health and blood pressure he should see a counselor. He physically threatened a guy. If that happened to me, even if the person apologized, I’d accept his apology but there’s no way we’d be cool after belittling me like that in public.

Callie, two words – get help!

Edumacated @ 02/08/2009 at 10:44 pm

callie @ 02/08/2009 at 4:11 pm ok im happy that he made a statment and u know what all u ppl that sit there and say that u wont see his movies u know what im just like him i get into outbursts like that and iv actually gotten were i was hurting someone not just by words and you know what we all have our bad days so leave the poor guy alone.
********************************************

And any “bad day” that you had that involved physical violence against another person should have ended with you posing for a mug shot, just as Bale’s bad day should result in his suffering where it will really hurt — at the box office. We don’t live in a society in which anyone should ever have to be victimized by anyone else because they can’t control themselves.

Unbelievable @ 02/08/2009 at 10:58 pm

Wow… Just incredibly stupid. Bale is telling the DP how unprofessional he is? How ironic! Oh but what pains me the most in all this… Is the fact that people actually buy into this “apology”?! Come on people. Please for the love of god take off the blinders. Do you honestly think Bale would have prepared an apology had this audio not been released? Yes I do believe he is wholeheartedly sorry. Sorry, that he got caught… Damage control as another commenter said.

Granted, I won’t be watching anything with him as leading role. Not because of his rant though. I just think he’s a witless hack and most times that I watch him his acting just makes me cringe with embarrassment for him. Have you ever seen an actor try so hard to appear genuine? Painful really… I can certainly see why he’d be so stressed. He doesn’t believe he does a good enough job I’m sure. And it shows. Oh well. Life goes on.

blarrggggg @ 02/09/2009 at 9:53 am

Here’s a pic of Bales’ wife sitting in the director’s chair between takes on the set of Terminator.
Seems like bad form to me and a bit audacious.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 » Show All