Christian Bale: Doting Dad

Christian Bale: Doting Dad

Christian Bale welcomes his daughter home with open arms on Saturday (February 7) in Santa Monica, Calif.

The 35-year-old British actor was doing some household chores when his wife Sibi Blazic returned home with their daughter, who turns 4 next month.

On Friday, Bale apologized profusely for his screaming and shouting on the set of Terminator Salvation, which opens on May 22. He said, “I acted like a punk, I regret that and there is nobody that has heard that tape that has been hit harder by it than me. I make no excuses for it, it is inexcusable and I hope that is absolutely clear.”

christian bale doting dad 01
christian bale doting dad 02
christian bale doting dad 03
christian bale doting dad 04

Jesse Grant/Getty

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 » Show All

He is a gigantic A$$ and those that idolize him are maniacs.

WB,Bale and McG are desperate because they know their product will be bad and critics will eat them up. Its a given 2009 popcorn movie is Bay’s Transformers and Watchmen. So many are excited to see Transformers heck even that lame GIJoe.

This hostile environment by Bale is only ok if you’re in prison or in the asylum. Bale should work in Guantanamo Bay.

IfYouSeekAmy @ 02/08/2009 at 11:30 pm

What is she wearing? She’s cute but she’s no Suri Cruise.

What do you expect from a guy who beat up his mom and sister? reports of him being a diva on 3:10 to Yuma by the Chicago Sun and NY Post are not far fetched anymore. You’re right #76…Bale’s Terminator is nowhere the quality without Arnie and James Cameron.

awwww she’s cute
she looks older than 3 though?

He did not beat up his mom and sister doofus. He yelled at them and kicked them out of his hotel room after they asked him for money. They are estranged and he hasn’t spoken to them since the incident. They both sold their story to the tabs. They deserve his antipathy. Why don’t you and your dozens of aliases go back to worshiping on the Tom or Katie threads.

Edumacated @ 02/09/2009 at 12:51 am

Lizzie @ 02/08/2009 at 10:06 pm Umm, to all the people saying Christian is never seen with Emmaline – you’re very mistaken. There are plenty of photos of Christian and Emmaline out there. Search the internet and you will see how devoted he is to his daughter. So, please, do some research before you make such stupid comments that are completely false.

Christian seems like a great Dad!! Emmaline is precious!
***********************************************

Oh yes, a GREAT dad!! I’m sure she hasn’t been traumatized at all by a maniacal father who thinks he can be verbally abusive to women and underlings at will; a pompous, spinelss little weakling who feels the need to abuse those whom he knows cannot fight back just to boost his own fragile, fractured ego.

Is there anything more pathetic than a gullible public who will make ridiculous excuses for any and all reprehensible behavior so long as it comes from a “favorite star”? People so incapable of thinking logically that media manipulators and PR men laugh at your willingness to lap up whatever swill is served to you in the guise of photos or other regurgitated tripe, so long as a “star” — the object of your mindless, idiotic affection — is involved.

So there are “plenty” of previous pictures of him wih his daughter, you say? Then it shouldn’t be difficult for you to find ONE, JUST ONE, and post it to prove your point. Hell, I doubt you can even find a picture of him SMILING and being COURTEOUS to anyone prior to his new push to engage in reputation redemption. If you people who blindly support him had to apply any logical reasoning skills your collective heads would explode.

Long time lurker @ 02/09/2009 at 1:05 am

Christian Bale acted like a d**k. He owned up to it but will probably do it again ‘cos that seems to be the kind of person he is. Who cares? We all know not to look to Hollywood for role models. He’s a phenomenal actor, arguably one of the best of his generation and that’s the reason I’d pay a few bucks to watch his movies. I’m sure there are much more scandalous and fascinating scenes happening on sets all the time. That’s Hollywood since time immemorial. Bale got unlucky and I never would have guessed he’d offer an apology since I doubt he gives a ratsass about what people think of him. He’s one of the most unpretentious actors out there.

That being said, his kid and her boots are adorable.

He is a disturbing man. “Treat others as you like to be treated”. I guess that does not apply to his pitiful fans.
CNN showbiz poll = 67% not forgiving Bale
13% = forgiving Bale

What a mental patient and he needs anger management. To his apologists you’re just as out of touch as he is.

Edumacted
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Regarding the Bale out and about pics with his family its out there but its not gonna help Bale when his happy cheerful moments are so rare. His so called jubilation and struggling smiles only began after his assault charges were dropped so he knows the cameras and people are watching him so he’s an actor and lights-camera-SMMMMILEEEE. I love the lame excuses that Bale looks so sad because he misses his good friend Ledger.

I believe Bale was sincere in his apology. Nobody is perfect and we have all done things we are not proud of or would like to take back. The man is human…Give him a break.

P.S. His daughter is a beauty!! What a Doll!!

#13, the kid’s name is Emmaline

Edumacated @ 02/09/2009 at 3:08 am

Chill @ 02/09/2009 at 2:07 am Jeez, Edumacated, why are you so angry? Did Christian Bale yell at you? Did he come over your house and scream at your kids? What the hell do you care if Bale loses in on set. Hate to break it to you, but plenty of actors lose it on set much worse than Bale. They just have not had the misfortune of being taped. That’s Hollywood, baby. Sorry to burst your bubble. Take a nap. Sounds like you need one.
*******************************

I asure you, you are incapable of “breaking” anything down for me. I was representing actors when YOU were probably still frolicing on an elementary school playground. I am FULLY familiar with ALL that goes on on both in front of and behind the camera. I also recognize a PR campaign when I see one. This arrogant, abusive, weakling who would NEVER have the courage to confront a REAL MAN one-on-one (only underlings whom he knows will not fight back, oh, and WOMEN, of course) is now using his OWN DAUGHTER to try to save his sorry a$$. He is a COWARD and those who defend him are embecillic sheep who believe anything that is fed to them.

Thanks for the suggestion that I take a nap, but I’m actually having more fun setting you straight. and reiterating what a rephensible TOOL Bale happens to be. It simply cannot be said too often, can it?

I love Christian Bale anyway… So he was shouting and??!! So ****** what???!! We all have a bad days at work! This **** thing didn’t change anything about him!

Christian is an amazing actor and such a loving Dad!!!

Beautiful Family!!!

*cough* damage control? *cough*

although, i can’t really blame christian bale for having private pictures of himself enjoying time with his daughter on him. it’s the paparazzi who are to blame! they love to stir up controversy.

jesus, she’s huge! i saw a picture of her only a few months ago…she was practically an infant. shes freaking adorable.

are you kidding, guys? look up “christian bale” and you’ll find dozens of pictures with his daughter, stretching back to last year. in them, he’s always holding her/walking with her. he may have let the paparazzi shown him on purpose, but i dont see any difference from the others of him being equally affectionate. such losers.

Edumacated @ 02/09/2009 at 4:24 am

nora @ 02/09/2009 at 3:19 am Wow, Edumacated, sounds like you have the anger management issues. Oh and looky here. Behold pics of Bale and his daughter over the years:

******************************************

Thanks for the pics Nora. I still contend that the latest ones are a very convenient photo op and predict we shall see more of them in the future as we get closer to the release date of the film.

Now let me just see if I follow your logic, Nora. You (I assume) think it’s perfectly ok for an actor — someone who merely PRETENDS for a living — to publicly berate, in the vilest language, an underling for the sole purpose of humilating him. THAT you think is perfectly fine. Yet, if I (in the clamest and most eloquent of language), call him out for the abusive, snivelling, *****-challenged little coward he is, and do so on a blog SPECIFICALLY designed for this very purpose, you contend that I have anger issues. Ah Nora, you must have simply EXCELLED at logical reasoning in school.

What he did was wrong, and no phony apology coming a full SEVEN months later will change that. What’s sad is that so many are willing to excuse anything a celebrity does. Kill someone if you like, so long as you say you’re “sorry” afterward (and put out a good film or song). Hell, Polanski raped a minor and still has his defenders on the basis that he is a “great director. That kind of lunacy is the logical extension of what happens when celebs are elevated to godly positons.

Edumacated, I don’t know you, so I am no longer going to make judgments on your need for anger management. However, I don’t know Bale either and thus I don’t feel like I can say he’s a vile human being. Yes, he lost in on set, but his apology to my ears sounded sincere. I suppose he could be lying, but I choose to give him the benefit of the doubt. Your choice, obviously, is to think it’s all pr. That’s your right and I understand it. However, I think it’s very unfair to compare Bale to someone like Polanski. I think that’s beyond the pale. Also, Bale apologized to the DP, cast and crew when this incident happened, 7 months ago. He’s apologizing now because it was recently made public by a illegally leaked tape. Why would he apologize 7 months ago to the public when the public had no idea it even happened? Okay, I’m through with this subject. You have your opinion and I have mine. Good night.

lori-anne @ 02/09/2009 at 5:23 am

So he fcuking should apologise profusely…
What was so distasteful was not just the language…but how he just kept going on and on and on.
Fcuking disgusting and disgraceful and appalling behaviour.
Fcukhead.

Maria (Shorty) @ 02/09/2009 at 8:29 am

#51. Totally agree with you! People need to move on. This whole episode happened last year. Sad that it couldn’t have been kept ‘private’, but that’s the business he’s in. Hope he keeps himself in check next time. He’s apologised, MOVE ON!

I Love Velvet Goldmine @ 02/09/2009 at 2:11 pm

I think they’re all cool, this family. Stop hyping him as a Badmouth or the most holy father ever. You can see it either way but its been brought to light that he is in fact in real life human and humane. You might equate.
I think Sibi Blazic wears black because she really wants to be elegant because somehow ironically he is in his acting. And maybe she had a kid duh and that makes you not as stick thin as some people or something why should it be what she wears anyway. And like Batman IS Black so she got it right. An maybe she doesnt want as much attention as him and is just happy with herself or secretly hates some of the circles hes in so just stays plain to spite? (?!)

badassballer@hotmail.co.uk @ 02/09/2009 at 2:12 pm

Anyone got a copy of ‘Newsies’ please? Still haven’t seen that one.
Mail me