Rihanna's Father Speaks Out

Rihanna's Father Speaks Out

Rihanna‘s father, Ronald Fenty, was shocked when he first heard news that his daughter had been attacked by Chris Brown.

“I didn’t believe it,” the 55-year-old salesman and freelance clothing designer told People. “They seemed pretty happy [when I saw them together in July]. I don’t know what went wrong… You think you know somebody, but you really don’t.”

Rihanna is currently with girlfriends in Barbados while she heals but Fenty says, “There is some bruising. She will be alright. At some point, she will speak out. I hope she will stand up for women all over the world… If it were me, I’d move on.”

Yesterday, Chris Brown‘s father spoke out.

Tim P. Whitby/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 » Show All

If it were me, I’d press charges.

she doesn’t need to, the damage is done and he’s definately paying for it BIG time

If it were me, I would be afraid of men ..

Hate Chris Brown, his crappy music will not be missed.

So glad someone from rihanna’s camp is speaking out against chris brown. I’m so sick of only hearing his family and friends defending his heinous crime or pretending like the facts aren’t 95% known.
I know everyone says we shouldn’t judge him until we know all the facts, but from my view the fact that he beat a woman to a pulp and left her for dead on the side of the road IS the whole of the facts.
I don’t care if his public image or his private image was ‘mr nice guy’ the fact that he could do this to someone he so-called ‘loved’ speaks volumes.

RiRi Luver @ 02/14/2009 at 7:10 pm

That A-S-S H-O-L-E !! how could he lay his hand on this pretty creature !!
SHAME ON HIM :@
That’s very childish & STUPID from him

oh whatev. I guess he doenst no what really happened. She prob. lied about the whole thing!!

#7 !! why would she lie abt something like that :S

#7 (dare21), you’re a moron.

So now it is confirmed, damn CB gave her bruises!! She should listen to her dad. move on Rihanna

wow. this really happened. i cant believe it.

RIHANNA COME OUT OF HIDING @ 02/14/2009 at 7:28 pm

Her father did not see her. He already came out and said that People
magazine LIED ALREADY! HE hasn’t seen his daughter since July.

So all this confirms is that People Magazine lied and said that he saw
her on Friday when he in fact DID NOT SEE HER SINCE LAST JULY.
SO HOW WOULD HE SEE THE BRUISES .

She needs to press charges. Chris needs to be shown that there are consequences for his actions, even if he thinks that he is above the law. Any man who beats a woman deserves to be behind bars.
I hope more and more radio stations boycott his music. The little scumbag deserves everything he is getting. And more.

RIHANNA COME OUT OF HIDING @ 02/14/2009 at 7:31 pm

YES AND RIHANNA IS DEAD IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT NEXT SINCE
YOU PEOPLE SAID THAT HE SHOULD BE CHARGED WITH ATTEMPTED MURDER..WHAT NEXT.. HE DID NOT BEAT HER IT IS
HEARSAY SHOW US THE POLICE PHOTOS AND HOSPITAL PHOTOS
GO INTO THE HOSPITAL AND STEAL THEM PUT THEM ON THE
INTERNET UNTIL THAN SHUT THE **** UP

Maybe she told him, or one of her friends. Or maybe he just read the medical reports, and knew that she was bruised. Heck, I know that she is bruised, and I have NEVER seen her.

RIHANNA COME OUT OF HIDING @ 02/14/2009 at 7:33 pm

AND NOW JUST JARED IS LYING TOO. HE SAID ALREADY THAT HE
DID NOT SEE HER . NOT SINCE JULY OF LAST YEAR. YOU GOT THAT FROM PEOPLE MAGAZINE.

If anyone had any doubt that Chris Brown hit Rihanna then it’s definitely proven now with her father speaking out because before, it was his aunt, cousin, and father basically saying he hit Rihanna but he was sorry. Though, no one still wanted to believe it. Well her father confirmed it as well.

I know all couples fight with a couple of slaps here and there but seriously, no one needs to go to a hospital after a severe beating. I hate domestic violence. I hate violence in general. Rihanna must be feeling really sad since it’s her birthday and Valentine’s Day. Hopefully, she will heal from this and find someone new, especially someone OLDER. Chris was just too immature for her with all the cheating and tantrums.

There are police reports. That is NOT hearsay.
Why is Chis in hiding if this isn’t true? Answer me that.

What’s with the lunatic writing in all caps? If Rihanna did indeed see her father last July, then you don’t know the circumstances of their relationship. She probably saw him after the incident when she was returning home because that’s her father regardless. She probably didn’t want to worry him.

Jesus guys chill out. It just seems like he is taking a stand for his daughter, it’s nothing wrong with that..

get it right @ 02/14/2009 at 7:40 pm

# 12…. please read what is said above carefully before commenting. Her dad said the last time he saw BOTH of them together was in july. He did NOT say the last time he saw HER was in july. That’s okay if you misread the post….it happens.

I think Rihanna’s father confirmed Chris’s guilt. just read between the lines.

Press charges Ri Ri, stand up for all the victims in the world.

Peace

We all make mistakes. Chris made a big one, but he is young and he will recover. I wish him the best in this very difficult time. I will always be a fan because I know we are not perfect. We all have our hiccups in life and Chris will have to pay for what he did, but he will also learn from this.

As for Rihanna, never cared for her so hopefully she says in Barbados not to be seen again.

lakers fan in boston @ 02/14/2009 at 8:02 pm

now i actually believe that she got hit 100%
as much as i dont like riri, i feel bad for her =\
lol never knew chris brown had it in him
typical “blank” lmao =]