Kate Winslet -- Oscars 2009

Kate Winslet -- Oscars 2009

Oscar nominee Kate Winslet looks gorgeous in grey at the 2009 Oscars in Los Angeles on Sunday evening (February 22).

The 33-year-old wore a Atelier Yves Saint Laurent by Stefano Pilati evening gown in grey degrade satin and embroidered black silk tulle, black satin evening sandal and embroidered black satin evening pochette. Kate accessorized with Chopard jewels.

Hugh Jackman is hosting the 2009 Oscars. Performers for the night also include: Anne Hathaway, Beyoncé, Zac Efron & Vanessa Hudgens and Amanda Seyfried & Dominic Cooper.

10+ pics inside…

Photos: Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images
Posted to: Kate Winslet, Oscars 2009

[☆I n F a m o u s☆] @ 02/22/2009 at 8:36 pm

gorgeous.

I love her!
she is a totally goddess <3
she deserves get the Oscar :)

GO KATE!! YOUR TRULLY BEAUTIFUL!!!! :D Why Famous? You shock me? :shock: You like true talent and no media midget wh*res!! Good call dude! ;)

STUNNING STUNNING STUNNING!!!

Beautiful @ 02/22/2009 at 8:52 pm

Beautiful, stunning, classy, gorgeous…….I love your dress!!

best of the night!!! hair and dress – hands down! except for jessica biel -love her too.

MY GOSH she looks stunning, classy, elegant!!!!! so high this black one shoulder dress on her…….and make-up…wow…sophisticated!
love u kate and now good luck!!!!

Megan fox rocks @ 02/22/2009 at 9:01 pm

she’s so Beautiful , i hope she win

she deserve it more than any other actress

she always looks stunning!

Wow, she knocked it out of the ballpark tonight. She looks beautiful!! Looove the hair.

A gorgeous shade of blue, beautiful and talented actress.

Apart from being one-shouldered, this looks like grandma’s dress! Very matronly!!

ugly hair, WTF she was thinking.

Wow she looks stunning.

i love kate(:

shes simply amazing. i hope she wins<3

eh not a fan of the dress.. i think there are better YSL dresses out there.. looks like swimsuit material

She looks absolutely stunning! She is by far my favourite actress and I hope she wins!

ace tomato @ 02/22/2009 at 10:09 pm

Love her, love the dress color, but seriously not feeling the dress itself. It looks nice from the side and is probably lovely in motion, but in the still front shot it’s odd looking.

i love her in Titanic. dont blame her. it’s probably the styler.

Why did she save the worst for last.. Not a good look at all.. She looked great throughout the season.. Now on the big night she wears this grandma dress.. Meryl’s dress was younger looking then this.. The face is nice.. the dress is a big miss. too much happening on the side.. Not good at all..

She’s lovely, but I agree the dress doesn’t do her justice, too matronly.

I just love Kate!!! You look stunning, beautiful choice..

my gooood i’m freaking out….just few minutes and will be her turn………..

I’m not surprised that she won!

YES YES YES YES YES
she’s the queen now!!!!!!!
congrats Kate..real lady and talented actress!!!!!!!!
I’m so happy!!!!!

She is so lovely and classic, but I would have really liked to see her in a bolder dress. She’s far too beautiful for such a much color and cut.

i was screaming when she won best actress. SHE DESERVED IT

she is WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN………!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hannah duncan @ 02/23/2009 at 12:14 am

I’m so happy for her!

so beautiful! congrats kate on your much deserved first (and definitely not last) oscar! we love you!!!!!!!!!!!! :) so happy for you!

I love Kate…but I think she definitely could’ve looked better tonight. She’s gorgeous and young…why didn’t she wear something to reflect that? The cut and material of the dress and the sprayed down, old school hair screamed more matronly and grandma than sophisticated and youthful. It’s kinda a shame, because she’s looked SO amazing at every other awards show this season. Oh well…her speech was lovely; congrats to you, Kate!

Congratulations to Ms. Kate Winslet! I’m so happy for her.

she wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon(:

YESSSSS! iloveher.

looks like a dress my granny would wear.

This is what you call pure GRACE KELLY. That’s what that dress is and the hair too. Kate looked STUNNING. A class act. the best of the night.

you people know nothing about fashion. It’s not grandma is classy old hollywood in the vein of Grace Kelly. And the extra detailing with the black part is extremely modern and lovely. Her hair style brings out her classical features too. This is the best look of the night. She always gave the best speech of the night. Who else loved how she asked her dad to whistle and he did? lol.

Beautiful dress.

i am sooooooooo happry that she won !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am sooooooooo happy that she won !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

100% agree with Cassidy! she looks like an hollywood diva with that elegant one shoulder dress! and hair and make up are perfect to exalt her classical and natural beauty! she reminds me also Kim Basinger’s winning style in 1997! ^__^

I do not like her dress, but she looked nice, and I liked how she acted on stage when receiving the award. During the other shows and in the interviews I was perceiving her as too conceited, but here sheseemed genuine.

I don’t like the dress. And the hair looks a mess! Grace Kelly she is not, for the dress looks too matronly for her youthful 33 yrs. Come on Kate, you knew you were going to win, why didn’t you dress like it? Disappointed, but I guess she’s never really been considered a “fashionista”, she even admits it herself. Congrats on the win though!

Ew! Don’t like the dress at all. I was expecting a lot more from her. Oh well.

Congratulations on the Oscar!

lakers fan in boston @ 02/23/2009 at 4:21 pm

congrats on winning kate!!!
u defs deserved it, love u =D
the dress is ok, nothing special but she was still looking amazing
glad 2 see u finally got it kate, ur a good actress unlike many others

So happy she won! Her performance as Hanna Schitmz(sp?( was unbelievable! Finally she won after 6 nominations!

yay I’m soooo happy for her! she deserved to win!!

she was really cute when accepted the oscar! she’s so down to earth..love her

YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!! I’AM SO HAPPY FOR HER!!!!!!
she is gorgeous and she win an oscar.

Lovely choice! I somehow knew this dress was YSL. Just the design itself says it all.

She is so amazing. I love her. This dress does not photograph well but she obviously still looks stunning!

She looked Gorgeous at this years Oscar’s :). I love her dress, make-up & hair :).

Also, YAY!! I’m sooooooo happy & exicted for Kate :D. She really desevered it :).

she looks weird, i don’t like the dress at all! i also think streep deserved that oscar more, i liked her performance better. she should’ve been nominated for Revolutionary Road. otherwise, this feels like a sympathy oscar and i hate that winslet won a sympathy oscar! :(

she is a wonderful actress but this dress is not very pretty. I liked the bold blue dress she wore at one of the other award shows. this one is dull and the fit is strange. Her hair also looked like it was varnished and had no movement at all. I didn’t like it at all. She is so much prettier than she looked for her big moment.

Classy woman @ 02/24/2009 at 8:35 am

What a bad dress. Kate Winslet looks so frumpy and old. I guess when you are that stupid enough to still smoke, you deserve all those deep lines and wrinkles.
Has she had her nose done?

Gorgeous as usual!

she is still the same beauty