Ben Stiller Spoofs Joaquin Phoenix at the Oscars

Ben Stiller Spoofs Joaquin Phoenix at the Oscars

At the 2009 Oscars on Sunday, Ben Stiller hilariously spoofed Joaquin Phoenix‘s infamous appearance on The Late Show With David Letterman.

The 43-year-old comedian poked fun at Joaquin‘s facial hair, his spacey moments and gum-chewing. At the show, Ben spit out his gum and put the wad on top of the podium. During rehearsals at the Kodak Theater the day before, I watched Ben stick the wad of gum underneath the podium, more true to Joaquin sticking his own piece of gum underneath Letterman‘s desk.

Watch the must-see video below!!!

Ben Stiller Spoofs Joaquin Phoenix at the Oscars

Kim Kardashian/Instagram

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

LOL Ben Stiller is a riot!

Lmao He Is Brilliant xD.

Ben Is So Funny :L

Malicious @ 02/23/2009 at 2:24 pm

It was HILARIOUS! Although I can’t help but wonder what Joaquin Phoenix thinks/feels about being made fun of.

I did’nt think it was funny at all

I loved how the beard was a different color than his natural hair color! So EPIC

lmao that was so funny;p

Best part of the show.

That performance pales in comparison to the Joaquin’s interview on Letterman!

fed up with shit like this @ 02/23/2009 at 2:48 pm

They should of impersonated Ben Stiller for his loser movie! Or Heath Ledger coming out with his long greasy hair and slurred voice.

Better still have Cuba go after Stiller instead of Robert Downey Jr. Since that piece of **** wrote the script. Embarass the hell out of
him. No one deserves to be made fun of. Some one in the
audience should of said unabomber and yank him off the stage
now that would be funny

Ben was hilarious and they should have done loser Bale.

gueststar @ 02/23/2009 at 2:51 pm

Loved Ben and Natalie both did great in the skit..

Great, Ben and Natalie were very funny, the funniest part of the show.

sunnydayz @ 02/23/2009 at 2:57 pm

Joaquin acts as though he may be mentally ill… ridiculing him wasn’t funny.

I’m a big fan of Stiller but I thought it was cruel and didn’t appreciate the humor at all.

He didn’t spit the gum out. He took it out of his mouth.

It was sooo funny!

lucy and Ethel @ 02/23/2009 at 3:45 pm

Kind of creepy comedy
We think Joaquin is going through something pretty serious.
Drugs or mental illness.
What is going on with Stiller?
We usually think he’s pretty funny but not this.

vanessajonas @ 02/23/2009 at 4:09 pm

i was LMAO while watching that…
hilarious.. ben rocks

My brother and I were laughing our asses off when he walked out.

thats_right @ 02/23/2009 at 5:04 pm

not funny at all what if something happen to Juaqin? what if he has a serious problem then are you guys all going to laugh? this was so stupid why do you make fun of someone who has real issuees instead of making fun of him stupid Academy should of thought how to reach and help him. And I was upset that no one said anything about Patrick Swayze like get well instead of making fun Juaqin they should of said some prayers or wishing well thoughts to Patrick.

Hey, if Joaquin’s been putting on an act, as in some recent claims, then how do we know that Stiller didn’t collaborate with him on this?

I thought it was in bad taste and bad timing. They should have done this skit during something less serious. Having people laughing away while showing clips from some pretty serious movies was lame.

I know some people found this offensive, but I have to admit I thought it was the best part of the Oscar show last night. Ben’s impression was dead-on, and it was hysterical when he wandered away from the podium and was staring up at the walls. Just because I laughed at this doesn’t mean that I don’t feel for Joaquin, I hope he gets his act together because he’s a good guy with some serious problems.

Ben Stiller was too funny. That was a great piece and it was well received.

It actually failed n comparison to the spoof Steve Coogan and Frank Coraci did the night before at the Independent Spirit Awards. Coogan as Christian Bale and Coraci as Joaquin.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All