Beyonce & Hugh Jackman Bring Back Musicals

Beyonce & Hugh Jackman Bring Back Musicals

Oscar host Hugh Jackman and singer Beyonce jazz up the 2009 Oscars with a Bubsy Berkley inspired stage performance on Sunday evening (February 22).

Together with real-life couples Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens (High School Musical) and Amanda Seyfried and Dominic Cooper (Mamma Mia!), the sixtet performed memorable songs from several musicals including Chicago and Moulin Rouge.

TELL JJ: What was your favorite performance of the night?

10+ pics inside…

hugh jackman beyonce oscar musical 11

Photos: Kevin Winter/Getty Images
Posted to: Beyonce Knowles, Hugh Jackman

Ethan Miller/Getty

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » Show All
SIngingangel86 @ 02/23/2009 at 4:36 am

Beyonce ruined the whole performance. You looked fat and cheap plus she lipsynced. And she sang ‘At Last’ again, Etta is going to kick her ass. Hugh was amazing the whole show. Vanessa and Zac were cute, I wish I saw more of them. WHY DIDN’T BEYONCE STAY AT HOME, WE ARE TIRED OF SEEING HER!!

Beyonceisaghettotrashbitch @ 02/23/2009 at 4:48 am

#51 I couldn’t agree with you more. Hugh was wonderful, but Beyonce lipsynched, she’s too fat for that costume (thunder thighs) and she’s OVERRATED. Queen Latifah sounded incredible.

cristinaa @ 02/23/2009 at 5:33 am

amazing (L)
zac,vanessa, amanda…
the best!

I wanted to see a little bit more of Vanessa and Zac but It was a pretty good performance

Return of musicals? ….I so hope this is an upcoming trend at the theatres. This was the best Academy Awards Show in many, many years.

Drop the musical numbers alaready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just Interested @ 02/23/2009 at 6:25 am

Z&V were amazing

zanessa4everrr! @ 02/23/2009 at 6:42 am

THEY WERE AMAZING!!

I love Zanessa!!!!!!!!!

woooooow, amaazing, loved it

Oh Canada @ 02/23/2009 at 7:47 am

Beyonce’s outfit was meant for a taller leaner person. We know she’s curvy, but she doesn’t have to ram it down our throats in that red outfit, or in her always too tight mermaid dresses.
She’s bottom heavy, if she wore more fluid dresses she would be stunning. Look how gorgeous Alicia Keys was in her dress, those are the types of dresses that would suit Beyonce.

I was amazed at how short fat her legs/knees/thighs were; it did not suit her at all. It just proves how photoshopped her videos and photos are, they make her look proportioned/perfect…smoke and mirrors.

i really liked the performance and all them did a great job.

they were all great
Hugh Jackman was amazing!

They were all amazing. Zac and V were simply stunning, two outstanding individuals, Zac’s voice is beautiful, and V just owns. Beautiful couple.

Love love loved it., breathtaking, Wow, Zac and Vanessa are so so talented and gorgeous. Stunning couple. Love that they sang ‘Last Chance’, so poingent and beautiful. Thanking the Academy very much for letting them shine.

Zac and V just showed the world how to put passion into a performance, and how to sing live and so beautifully, their chemsitry just shines and its amazing to see. I love Beyonce, but she was miming to the songs, whereas Hugh, Zac, V, Amanda and Dom all sang it live, and good on them.

Young Hot Hollywood owned last night, with such amazing talented actors on stage, Hugh as well, of course, who is the master. The Musical rules baby!!

I love Zac. He is all kinds of hot. I had to hold my breath for the entire performance. I mean wow. V is too beautiful as well of course. They are so cute together, they were lost in their own little world during that performance, they couldn’t take their eyes or hands off eachother. That’s true love/chemistry right there. Beautiful.

I really likes it a lot.. Did not hate Beyonce, she did a good job. Loved hugh, he can really sing dance and act..

But I don’t understand everybody being so excited over the 3 sentences Zac and Vanessa were singing.. I was not bad but definetely not brilliant?

beyonce ruined it

TWO SERIOUS CONTAGIOUS DISSEASES, folks!!

Hugh was excellent, the HSM kids were unremarkable, Beyonce sounded good but her thighs looked huuuuuuuuuuge.

omg i looooovee zanessa was there!! it was AMAZING :D

Woot! Woot! I’m just happy for Zac and Vanessa to have had the chance to perform at the Oscars with Hugh and Beyonce. :-)

why beyonce was the only one who did not sing live? what a shame

i love zanessa