Oscars Ratings On The Rise

Oscars Ratings On The Rise

Preliminary ratings show that the 2009 Oscars are up 6 percent over last year, which pulled in its smallest audience ever with 32 million viewers.

NY, LA and Chicago were the markets with the highest Oscars ratings. The always charming Hugh Jackman hosted the evening’s events, impressing the audience with his singing and dancing skills. He was accompanied on stage by Anne Hathaway in the opening number and later in the evening by Beyonce, Zac Efron, Vanessa Hudgens, Dominic Cooper and Amanda Seyfried.

Watch the big Oscars performance: MUSICALS ARE BACK!

WHAT DID YOU THINK of the Oscars last night???

ABC

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » Show All

I haven’t watched the Oscars for years but tuned in simply because of Vanessa and Zac.

I really loved and enjoyed their musical performance and I actually enjoyed the whole event. Some parts were tedious and could have been skipped but I loved the presentations. Some pairings worked more than others (Tina Fey + Steve Martin = hilarious!) but I was moved with the whole bringing previous winners to present the best actress/actor etc.

I think Hugh did great and the atmosphere seemed relaxed and intimate. Ultimately, as a fan, the highlights of the evening for me were Vanessa and Zac but I thought the whole event was well put together and great. I hope they keep improving year on year and that the ratings reflect that.

Everything was just perfect!!
I loved it…!!!!
loved Jackman singing and dancing
I really thing he should host the oscars again next year!!!:)
loved itttt love itt loveeeeee it!1

shoes4life @ 02/23/2009 at 2:52 pm

Steve Martin: Don’t fall in love with me.

Sooo funny.

i couldn’t watch most of it.
but i did catch the ‘musicals are back’
performance with hugh, beyonce, zac, vanessa, amanda, and that other dude.
which the only reason i watched it was because of zac and vanessa<3

greattt performance hugh jackman!!!

MUSICALS ARE BACK AND WE LOVE THEM!!!!!

zac efron and robert pattinson were the two reasons that made me watch it… and i think it was a great strategy from the producers to catch the young audience with such eyecandys!
it actually worked out extraordinary well!

the first time i watched it unitl the very end!

i’m starting to think only kids post on this site!

Elizabeth @ 02/23/2009 at 3:33 pm

I watched it and of course set a side time for it because Jollie and Pitt. However JH did real well as a host.

One of the WORST, if not THE WORST.

Get Billy Crystal back no matter what it takes. Oh and the In Memorian, wouldn’t it be nice to actually see ALL of the names instead of just most of them??

The new format was agile and more interesting. That was good. But the jokes were bland, presenters looked uneasy and the musical numbers were really, really, really boring.

ms. scarlett @ 02/23/2009 at 12:17 pm When will they stop taking up an entire evening of tv for this crap??? With all the other problems in the country right now, why should we indulge these people who simply have to memorize lines with little gold statues of naked men?
______________________________________________________

Shouldn’t you be out reading to the blind or working in soup kitchen instead of bitching online about the Oscars that you don’t watch?

Beyonce always ruins the oscars

vanessajonas @ 02/23/2009 at 4:29 pm

the beest oscar ever
thnks to zanessa

Some of you are saying that Jennifer Aniston looked nervous in front of Brad and Angie ~ I couldn’t disagree more! She was poised, funny and totally comfortable and handled herself very well. Hugh Jackman did a great job ~ and it was a nice, sentimental touch having the five former winners hand out the new awards. All in all it was great ~ but I thought most of the dresses the women wore this year were odd and rather blah. Only Natalie Portman had the best dress in my opinion.

incognito @ 02/23/2009 at 4:45 pm

Finally, the academy awards decided to do something unique with a bit of flair and style. And of course who else with the package like that, other than our own Hugh Jackman….charming, charismatic, cool, calm and collected.

Watching a bunch of Hollywood celebutards slober all over each other is not a show I’d be interested in watching. Can’t think of anyone I enjoy enough to watch that awful show. I think the last one I watched was Mel Gibson winning for Braveheart. I think you have to really enjoy a person or be rooting for a movie to get into this. Or be really BORED!

no beyonce didn’t ruin the oscars…she and hugh were the highlight.

i think you all are mad because she stole the spotlight that was supposed to be on zanessa and none of the oscar coverage is really talking about them. they are talking about hugh and beyonce and that makes you kiddies mad…LOL

i loved this years ceremony, was really entertaining and interesting, the new ideas really worked out for the show :D

House of ugly dress was awful @ 02/23/2009 at 5:46 pm

Loved Hugh last night. He did a fantastic job. One of the best. Latifah was awesome. Halle looked gorgeous as always. I loved the Bollywood segment, the props on stage, the presenters (someone fix the teleprompter)The only low point for me was Penn and Cruz winning. Rourke and Henson were robbed. Penn is sanctimonious. His poor wife. Can’t stand him.

I loved this years Oscars! The look back to Hollywood greats and wonderful films and musicals was amazing. Those actors in the audience DID get the point that those greats that were highlighted are the very actors that they are trying to emulate in the movies and musicals they do today! Beyonce, Anne, and Queen Latifah were perfect for their parts! And how awesome for Hugh Jackman to be such a man of grace that he chose to mentor some young actors by allowing Zac, Vanessa, Amanda and Dominic to be a small part of such a great evening! That is paying it forward. And aren’t we all glad that someone believed in us and gave us a chance! Hugh Jackman … excellent……and thank you Oscar for a wonderful evening!

HUGH pHORIAN @ 02/23/2009 at 6:05 pm

THESE STARS ARE SO GREAT THEY MAKE ME FORGET MY MISERABLE LIFE

olddanfan @ 02/23/2009 at 6:13 pm

Only watched it to see Hugh Jackman – amazing job with the dancing and singing and nice to see a guy who looks absolutely fantastic in a suit/tux…could not care less whether I saw Brad/Angelina/Angelina looking at Aniston/Aniston possibly bumping into her ex/etc/etc/etc. So boring and pointless.

Hugh Jackman was great. I liked it much and the new changes and the musical format. For me, it’s been one of my favorite OSCAR ceremony.

Are you freaking kidding me? Zac and Vanessa sucked. Well, Zac was ok, but Vanessa couldn’t even carry a note. What have this world gone to?

“I watched the Oscars because of Zac, Vanessa, and Rob Pattinson”

They’re not even real actors. Zac is the best one. I have respect for Zac, but Vanessa, she can’t sing, she can’t act. The only reason she was there because they decided to do a number for music. She didn’t even sing. I couldn’t even hear her. Don’t even get me started on Rob. Just because he was in Twilight doesn’t mean he’s Oscar-invitee-worthy. His whole presentation sucked!

For your information, I watched for all the talented actors. That means Hugh Jackman, Anne Hathaway, James Franco, Heath Ledger, Brad, Angelina, Kate Winslet, ect.

Also, I thought Beyonce did a great job last night. She always puts on a great show. I love her and Hugh Jackman. They did great.

musicals* not music

Just a thought @ 02/23/2009 at 6:58 pm

To Someone #73 &74

I don’t know bout u but I hear vanessa voice very clearly.
If you really listen (which I doubt since you are aready bias), you will see that vanessa and zac are singing in harmorny. Zac is singing the leading melody while vanessa is backing him up on the harmony notes. For anyone who sings( which I doubt you do)they will know that it is very difficult to sing that harmony part especially in live show.
That I have to give Vanessa credit cause she didn’t go out of tune and blend in very nice with Zac.
Which I have to say very much better than mama mia cast cause both of them just sing the leading melody together.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » Show All