Freida Pinto: Woody Allen's Latest Muse

Freida Pinto: Woody Allen's Latest Muse

Slumdog Millionaire star Freida Pinto will star in Woody Allen‘s upcoming still-untitled movie, reports Variety.

The 24-year-old Indian-born model-turned actress joins the all-star cast that includes Naomi Watts, Josh Brolin and Anthony Hopkins.

Woody‘s next flick, Whatever Works, will be released in June.

Slumdog won eight Oscars on Sunday, including the Academy Award for Best Picture of 2008.

• Nicolas Cage cares about what people think of him- US Weekly
  • Young Jeezy drank from a $20,000 bottle of Moet- TMZ
  • Watch James David Carter get a four chair turn on The Voice- Gossip Cop
  • Read a recap of the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip
  • Director George Sluizer has died at the age of 82- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Claudia Galanti shows off major cleavage in Milan- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

yay freida! she’s gorgeous

Lunara baidillaeva @ 02/24/2009 at 12:10 pm

awesome))

This girl is going to have such an amazing career.

Good for Freida!! But, since I despise Woody Allen, I’ll never see her. I’m sure she’ll be in other films though because she’s a real beauty.

I wonder if this particular Woody film is the one he talked to Jen Aniston about? I remember at some point last year Aniston and Woody had a lunch meeting. The idiots over at FF were talking about it like Jennie had the movie in her pocket and how she would probably get an Oscar for it. I hadn’t heard anything about that movie for awhile but now this one comes along and Naomi Watts is in it. Naomi is blond and 40, same as Jen. I wonder if she got the part over Jen. (I’m not trying to start anything, I’m just wondering, that’s all.)

good for her! @ 02/24/2009 at 1:01 pm

I don’t care too much for Allen’s movies but he do recognize real talent. The thing about him & Aniston meeting I think was just her at the same place he was at the same time. If he did meet with her I am sure he discarded her once he met her. Most of his characters brings a certain presence to the screen and honestly Aniston is not that type of person. She has never, ever stepped out of the box and did anything extrodinary, not even in the “good girl” which was a complete snooze. Her range is very limited and she sticks with roles that don’t call for change or challenge her from her reality as a bubble-gum pop, America sweetheart, girl next door performer. None of these type of characters will ever garner her an Oscar or any other type of real HW credability.

she is gorgeous

frieda stay away. he is creepy.

She has a little kid already?
Well, watch out for this man, WOMAN!!

Not impressed by JA @ 02/24/2009 at 2:08 pm

I

Not impressed by JA @ 02/24/2009 at 2:08 pm

I

Not impressed by JA @ 02/24/2009 at 2:08 pm

I

Not impressed by JA @ 02/24/2009 at 2:09 pm

I love Feida, i loathe Woody Allen with a passion !
Pay attention to the old pervert beautiful woman !

Love Woodys work, and this is a great news.

Good, you are right about Aniston not being the right sort for a Woody Allen movie. He chooses people with talent that he can work with and make them into what he wants. I don’t imagine even the great Woody Allen could do much with Rachel Green!!

However, that lunch was not just the two of them being in the same place by accident. They actually were there for a meeting, according to the story back then, Woody actually asked her to meet with him. I imagine he wanted an older blond and thought of her. Naomi was most likely his first choice but she was pregnant for like two years so he probably wanted a backup. Naomi is a good actress with good range. Something Woody can work with.

As for Freida . . . I think she will do well in a Woody movie and she will have other offers as well. She’s beautiful, young and talented. Being “exotic” looking is probably her only drawback.

Love her! so happy that her career is taking off… shes just got a new agent, hylda quealy, who covers kate winslet and penelope cruz just to name a few… freida has a BIG career ahead of her!

anonymous @ 02/24/2009 at 2:59 pm

he is such a perv and he makes it so obvious…

I would have thought she was too old for him.

im so happy for her!!! YAY! Go Freida!

Love Frieda – looking forward to seeing her again.

Be careful, Frieda…he’s a perv.

this slumdog thing is overrated.

yay! that’s so great! i love Woody! This is a great opportunity for her, i hope she brushes up her acting skills in the meantime :)

Priya Pinto @ 02/24/2009 at 8:38 pm

Someone said being exotic is the only thing holding her back…on the contrary…her exotic looks are one of the few things GOING FOR her. She is pretty…but what ppl are basing her talent on is just confusing. She didn’t really have to act a whole heck of a lot in slumdog. I think ppl are confusing talent with looks. Plus she’s a kind of a *****. She stayed with her husband, let him pay for her schooling, pay for head shots, pay for her to live, eat and everything. As soon as the movie hit the screens and got attention she divorced him. I think she’s a big biiiioooooootch! I hope she doesn’t make it here in hollywood, I won’t go watch of her movies.

Woody Allen never discovers anyone. He always chooses the latest “It” girl. He’s a follower, not a leader.

As someone said, he always trampolines off the back of the latest “It’ girl.
His movies are solipsistic and narcissistic. I can’t stand him or his movies anymore.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All