Zac Efron: Slicked Back Boy

Zac Efron: Slicked Back Boy

Zac Efron has all the right moves with his sleek, slicked-back hair in the April 2009 issue of Elle.

His 17 Again costar Leslie Mann, 36, tells the mag of Zac, 21, “It was hard not to be a lady cougar around him. One day during rehearsals, I was leaving, and Zac said, ‘What’s your phone number so I can call your daughter on her birthday.’ I gave it to him, and he turned to the director and said, ‘See, I told you I would get it.’ (laughs) He’s such a woman’s fantasy, especially for someone with an Oedipus complex.”

Christopher Polk/Getty

He looks all grown up.

ladysdsandiego @ 03/06/2009 at 1:36 am

F**K HE’S HOT!!!!!!!

ladysdsandiego @ 03/06/2009 at 1:38 am

look at his eyes. they’re so beautiful.

He looks hot!

Sorry–the hair style doesn’t work.

HAHAHAHAHAHA the woman is comparing him to guy who slept with his mom unknowingly in the myth Oedipus Rex, in other words he gave her vibes that he wants to unconsciously possess his mom…. what a woman

and i don’t care if I’m looking at her analysis in a shallow, anyone who wants to use Freudian reasoning for whatever deserves to be made fun of.

i love leslie mann..
i cant wait to watch this movie.
he looks hot

i love leslie mann..
i cant wait to watch this movie.
he looks hot

OMG when I first saw this picture I freaked out cause he looks so good, his eyes are amazing!

Hmmmm, we know Zac likes older women…He looks really good here…I can see him playing a tough role…it would be great if he did a role anyone would least expect of him.

He has an Oedipus Complex? I hope thats a joke!

He’s got great clear blue eyes. This is a video I’ve created…check it out. Please comment and rate. Thanks.

ew leslie..lol

If God gives you great looks, beautiful eyes and you know how to work it, go for it! We all can’t be that adorable.

He’s such a woman’s fantasy, especially for someone with an Oedipus complex.”

Erm, i think she’s using the wrong term here. Basically, what I got from this is she’s talking about herself and other women here when she says he’s a woman’s fantasy . So the next line, -where she references the O complex- I read it to mean that SHE is the one with an Oedipus complex…which is obv. wrong choice of words since Gaga already mentioned what the myth is really about. It just seems like poor choice of wording on Leslie’s part.
Or something.
I don’t fVcking know. it’s 3:30AM, I don’t care about Zac Efron, I’m tired, and I’m still posting anyways. FYCK.

Cute!!!!!!!!!

Look, she may have gotten her complex a little confused but it is obvious what she was saying after she said he a woman’s fantasy. She is simply saying he’s a guy every woman could have fantasies about no matter how old or young—even if the woman is old enough to be his mother. Why do some of you people always have to try to make something out of nothing or never seem to be able to figure out somthing so simple???? There are those who obviously just want to get something started.Lesley Mann obviously thought Zac was a very charming young man. She even said as much on the Ellen show way back in October or November.

zac is a rat @ 03/06/2009 at 3:46 am

My god Zac does’nt half think he’s gods gift to women andno women can resist him, talk about a big ego saying ‘ See, I told you I would get it’.

Makes you wonder how many numbers he does havein his phone from other female co-star’s and what kind of lines he uses to get them, what a jerk.

Why all of a sudden is there so many pointless posts about me efron on JJ, one gusessis becuase he’s off to promtoe his film soon so JJ does’nt want people to forget who he is. Bet Vanessa can’t wait for him to go at least then she won’t have to see him fawing over other women but no doubt she’ll hear about it in the paper.

stop the negativeness people. if its negative, keep it to yourself. waste of time and energy. so tiring. anyways, its a graet pic of zac! loves it! :-) keep up the good work.

He’s ridiculous, ugly and looks so stupid!! yeurk

he is boring!

where’s that one man women thing ? he’s totally player

i mean One-Woman Man

Lemongirl02 @ 03/06/2009 at 5:40 am

Lol, he looks soo Hot

#24 i agree with you

Lemongirl02 @ 03/06/2009 at 5:40 am

Lol, he looks soo Hot

#24 i agree with you

raider814 @ 03/06/2009 at 6:07 am

gorgeous!!

he does have pretty eyes but seems to be a jerk. And besides, as Gaga and Ivana said, it was a wrong move from Leslie to mention the Oedipus complex

zanessa4everrr! @ 03/06/2009 at 7:21 am

HE LOOKS AMAZING! the interview is hilarious!

zanessa4everrr! @ 03/06/2009 at 7:21 am

HE LOOKS AMAZING! the interview is hilarious!

TitanicGirl @ 03/06/2009 at 7:26 am

i love him but it looks disgusting.

Zac is really a flirt with the ladies!Hard to have a boyfriend like that you know.

I must say hes’ a young good looking man

*sigh* *Faint*

Whoa! I’m okay. I’m fine. It’s ALLLLLLL good!

BRAZILIAN GIRL @ 03/06/2009 at 8:47 am

he ‘s soooooooooooooo gentleman! Ow my..^^

good person..great heart

God bless him

VIVA ZANEEEESSAA S2

Wow.
He looks amazing.
Wow.

WOW!!!i love his eyes on this picture…his eyes are like woah! he is soo HOT lol.that was very nice of him haha.i wish he would call me on my bday xD

he is an amazing person, that’s why i love him.

OMG I Want that. HOT HOT HOT

Its nice to see him without that Albatross hanging on his neck.

look at his blue eyes beautiful.!!!

christine x3 @ 03/06/2009 at 10:25 am

ohhhhhhhhh snap. he’s looking GOOOOD.

vanessa's lovers @ 03/06/2009 at 11:00 am

Sorry–the hair style doesn’t work.
[2 votes]

i really don’t like he hair…
¬¬

zac is a rat @ 03/06/2009 at 11:00 am

If you go to one of Zac’s sites and read the whole interview he did with Elle then what shows what a real jerk he is and how he switches his feelings from one female to another.

A waitress came to clean the table while he was doing the interview and he turned and told her’ You have got the most georgous eyes’ and this of someone who was all over his gf at the recent preimer they went to and the minute that V’s not with him he’s giving other females compliments, he could have said that she had nice eyes or striking eyes but that kind of comment is what he should be saying to Vanessa not some stranger.

I bet his phone has tons of girls numbers in that Vanessa does’nt know about and I would’nt be suprised if meetings have gone on behind her back.

Seriously, what with the negativity here?
#21, you really honestly can’t believe everything you hear. For heaven’ sake, you don’t even know Zac Efron. You probably never met him before in your life so stop acting like he’s a player. Vanessa would have dumped him a long time ago if he did half the things you say. Just get a life. and this is coming from someone who has actually met him.
and #15, where did you get the idea that Zac has Oedipus Complex, seriously.

fuuckk!!
ii actualyy screamed wen ii saw dat pic! he is soooo hawt nd sexyy!

nd ii wudnt mynd my mum givin him my number 4 my birthdayy! hahaha!

Efron!!!! so hot.

SO SEXY (L)

Hmmmm . . . I think Leslie Mann needs to retake Psychology 101 again. :)

An Oedipus complex is when a young boy is fixated on his mother and competes with his father for her attention.

So SHE can’t have an Oedipus complex. SHE can be a cougar and fixated on Zac, though.

No, Zac is not a PLAYER. He is an ACTOR, marketing a movie he made. And you can bet your bottom dollar that older women will be going in droves to see 17 Again and fantasize over Zac.

And all the while they are fantasizing, he will be holding Vanessa Hudgens in his arms.

This movie was made 15 months ago, and Zac and Leslie haven’t run off together and had a torrid affair. She’s still with her husband and he’s still with Vanessa.

Some of you really need to grow up enough to understand the difference between the real world and that of the movie/fantasy world.

And marketing a movie.

Geez, this guy can’t get any more annoying. The kid seems like a complete a s s. Looks like he could use a good lesson on how to respect women. This is very distasteful and disrespectable. Great actors like Al Pacino and Sean Penn didn’t have to flirt their way to the top or use women like tools. They kept attention on their work and not on being crowned the most flirtatious players in Hollywood.
If this guy wants to be taken more serisously as an actor, he needs to rethink what he says. Both men and women read what’s written in interviews and I can tell you this, men don’t exactly give a damn if he’s some charming cute-sy heartthrob, we look at body of work and great performances. His interviews are solely based for women. He enjoys all the attention he gets from them and comes across as a big narcissist.
His girlfriend is so smokin hot, she can definitely do way better then this douche bag.

mrsefron. @ 03/06/2009 at 3:05 pm

HOTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG!!!! He makes me wet. I love his hair combed back. He is so very hot. He can have my home phone number, my cell number, my address, my social security number, whatever he wants.

The interview that Leslie Mann did on the Ellen Degeneres was funny. She taked about how she got to kiss Zac, and her daughter ran up to her when she got home and licked her face. She also said that she used to be creeped out when she saw older men with younger women, but that now, she totally gets it. LOL

#53 YOU ARE SO RIGHT! People are always making excuses for him to . He is such an a s s wipe and to much of a flirt.Vanessa has been through soooo much and now she’s with this s h i t.Don’t worry Vanessa the worst happens to the best of us.

I absolutely love him but I don’t think this particular picture does him justice. Didn’t know he was such a player. Poor Vanessa.

GABRIEL A @ 03/06/2009 at 7:18 pm

HE LOOKS LIKE A PRODUCT OF GEORGE W. BUSH AND LAURA BUSH. YUK!

This young man who everyone is taking opportunity to rag on is someone who has proven time and time again that is is a one woman man. Even Vanessa in her acknowledgments on her last CD gave a special thanks to Zac for “always having her back”. He has shown nothing but love for his lady. And nobody get more angry than Vanessa when someone says something against Zac. As she has said, they know the truth and that is what is important and who would know it better than her?

The more popular he gets the more people will want to take popshots at him. You can say you are not envious or jealous or resentful all you want but if that is true then why are you even here to get so bent out of shape about anything about him? Why is it so important that you say all your nasty lies on a website like this? Does that kind of cesspool reaction make you feel better in any way? I don’t understand people who like to get their kicks by lying about people they don’t know. And before you say I don’t know him and all that junk, when there is fact to back up your ugly comments as their are about the good things we fans say, then maybe you will have a leg to stand on.

#47 Zac is a Rat -
You are so dumb. What is wrong with Zac telling the waitress that she has the most gorgeous eyes? Why do you think that it would be different if he had said that she had nice eyes or striking eyes? It’s just a matter of semantics. And what’s wrong with him giving other people (females or males) compliments? It’s always nice to compliment someone, and it’s always nice to be complimented. You have a very strange view of things.

As far as getting Leslie Mann’s phone number. It sounds like they all were just goofing off and playing around on the set to me.

i haven’t read the entire interview. but it seems his pr people are trying to present him to an older female audience who doesn’t know zac. and they are trying to show him as a ladies man, a ruthless player.

these interviews are not done without some pr behind them. however, older women do not like guys who are players, who blatantly “flirt” with other women and brag about their “acquiring phone numbers” while being in a committed relationship.

zac is doing what his management is telling him to do. but what they don’t know is this interview could backfire and bit him in the butt. big time.

his true fans who have been around for a long time pretty much understand zac and where he’s coming from. but the readers of elle mag who are being introduced to him through this interview may very well read it and conclude that he is a worthless, unprincipled p-r-i-c-k.

~The Observer~ @ 03/06/2009 at 9:30 pm

Actually, Zac didn’t declare himself as a ‘one women man’-somebody else did. So far, from everything that we’ve seen and read, it looks like he’s turning out to be quite a jerk. He craves on womens attention and loves his (soon-to-be-diminishing) heartthrob status.
I like Vanessa. I think she’s a great girl who’s insanely beautiful and has potential for a good career in movies ahead of her. I am starting to get really annoyed of her staying with this guy. Either she doesn’t have any self respect, or she doesn’t read or see any of his interviews. He says a lot of things that are really unnessessary and could do without. If you look at other established actors in the industry, their interviews are inspirational and educating. They talk passionately about their movies and what they would like to see themselves accomplish in the near future. They also appeal to BOTH men and women.
Stop being biased and taking his side for the sake of taking his side. You have to use your common sense and step back from your fan status to see and hear the overall picture.

#63, actually, Zac did say, “I like to pick one girl and stick with her.” And it’s on the Room Raiders video on You Tube. “A young Kathryn Zeta Jones.”

~The Observer~ @ 03/06/2009 at 9:51 pm

There’s a limit to ‘flirting’. You really need to distinguish the difference between be charming and being downright flirty. Charming isn’t so offensive. Brad Pitt and George Clooney display that very well. They are playful guys with great sense of humors who love to joke around but don’t cross the line and offend the women in their lives.
The reason why Zac has an older fanbase isn’t just because of him alone, it’s because women respect men who are sensitive and treat their lovers with repect and kindness.
Right now, he’s showing that he’s a guy that has his cake and wants to eat it too. Here he is with a beautiful girl, but yet, he’s winking and blowings kisses on the side to keep his options and range wide open. It’s rude and disgusting.

#63 Thank You !!!!!!!!!! You are probably the only sensible person here.As an actor is that how you want to represent yourself? Saying things that are utterly ridiculous? I love Vanessa but she can’t be this clueless..can she? I hope she realizes the type of person he puts himself up to be and that he’s playing her like a game of tic tac toe.Vanessa should know before the cut gets to deep.

He looks exactly like a younger John Stamos…….think i remember a picture taken and posed exactly the same. hmmmm…….coincidence???

Omg Zac is so hot and sexy.

~The Observer~ @ 03/06/2009 at 10:20 pm

I just want to point out, I’m not taking sides. I hate the whole notion of ‘taking sides’. It tells people you would put favoritism over morals and principals. If you’re wrong-you’re wrong. You can’t argue with something that isn’t righteous.
Be honest with yourself; how many women can actually see their guys kissing other women for publicity sake or flirting like they’re still bachelores. Many of you women would not be happy at the thought of your significant others disregarding your feelings and making you feel as though you’re invisible to them.

The Observer…You are right it kind of makes me upset that it has to do with Vanessa .It would be bad for any other girl but Vanessa already got hurt and betrayed. I don’t think it’s fair.

i feel like elle has tried too hard to paint an image of zac; as if he has to be forced away from his high school musical image in a matter of a few sentences. if someone is sexy, it doesn’t need to be rammed down our throats. johnny depp, matt damon, brad pitt and many others who are very much “taken” men are still considered sexy.

Soni hannigan @ 03/06/2009 at 11:19 pm

I seriously doubt that Zac would, during an interview, knowing full well that Vanessa would read it, say to a waitress that she has gorgeous eyes. Come on. That would not happen. Show me the article.

I just read the entire interview and I get a sense that Zac is “trying too hard” to fit into a niche that either the magazine or his PR people wanted–a sexy heartthrob for OLDER women. The magazine would be the one who contacted Leslie Mann and asked her to give them something “sexy” about Zac. She did.

At times when I read about something Zac does or says, I attribute it to his being naive. But, you must remember, he has PR who is pushing him in a direction that they believe to be in his best interest. And, yes, he trusts them. That’s what he pays them for.

But, for the life of me, I can’t understand why his PR would think women who read Elle would consider a young man who’s portrayed as a “player” and consummate flirt appealing. The picture they paint of Zac in the interview is a big turn off to older women.

I have always seen Zac as being a decent, respectful guy. If this is the direction in which his PR firm is pushing him, maybe it’s time he looked into hiring another PR firm.

Apparently I am in the minority here but for the life of me I cannot find anything wrong with what Zac says in that interview. Even Vanessa has said how Zac compliments EVERYONE and she said it wasn’t just women/females but he would compliment male friends and visitors to the set of HSM. And if you listen to his Oscar interviews you can tell that is true when you hear him tell about meeting Dev from Slumdog Nights. And furthermore when he talks about Leo or Leslie Mann or anyone else you can see how complimentary he is and excited like a kid would be not like some PLAYER. Just reading something may sound like one think especially if you are reading it after hearing all kinds of bad things about the interview.

He said he had a crush on Leslie Mann that’s not saying he has the hots for her. It was a compliment plain and simple. He said in the past he had a crush on Lori Loughlin so what? A crush is not like being in love with someone. And so what if he told a waitress she had gorgeous eyes? Maybe she did and it just simply shows he NOTICES things. It wasn’t like he was getting her phone number. Plus, for all we know she was 30, married, and had a child. I’ve have males who have complimented me in something in had on or the color of an outfit or whatever but the person wasn’t trying to hit on me—simply to say something nice that stood out about me to them. What makes that so wrong?

Maybe if people simply would say nice things to each other more often without fear of someone taking it to mean anything other than was is being said then people would learn to trust more and feel better about themselves and others. And then maybe there would be a lot less people who simply wanted to creat grief and unrest.

~The Observer~ @ 03/07/2009 at 12:13 am

I would’ve brushed this off if it were a one time thing, but his outrageous comments are becoming too occational and ridiculous. His consistency proves these gestures and comments aren’t just some naive slip-ups, it’s who he is-or who he’s become for that matter.
PR can’t shove words down your throat. You think and deliver the words yourself. This is a grown adult we’re talking about so you can’t excuse his behaviour as an act of adolescence. You need to take charge of your own actions and not blame others to justify your behaviour.
I don’t understand what he wants people to see him as? Is he looking for an older audience? Does he want to be praised as somebody very desirable? Or is he implying to female readers that his options are still open and to keep dreaming about him cos ya never know…

i don’t think zac knows yet how he wants people to see him. i know he wants 17 again to appeal to an older audience. but since his current fans are mostly teen age girls, maybe he believes his older audience can only be older females. if that’s the case, he first needs to figure out what appeals to that group.

he should just be himself and not try to be something he’s not.

~The Observer~ @ 03/07/2009 at 12:35 am

Sorry, but when you are in a relationship, it’d probably be best if you kept some “compliments” to yourself.
I use to be extremely friendly with men and women equally. I wasn’t trying to be flirty but it was brought to my attention that I was coming across as somebody who was a flirt. It was offending the person in my life and made them feel like they didn’t matter. I didn’t mean it-it was just my way of being nice.
Sometimes, you really need to think about what you’re going to say, how it’s going to be perceived, and who it might hurt or offend.
If your comments are controversial, then maybe you need to evaluate what you’re doing and how to make the necessary changes so you don’t offend anybody.

You know the old saying? You can’t please all the people all the time, etc. Well, I can guarantee that no matter what Zac Efron says particularly at this time in his life and career that someone will find something wrong with it. People are excessively critical of him. He is an adult but he is a YOUNG adult who is trying to find his way in this world and he is under a microscope. He can’t hope to please everyone considering the amount of attention he gets. This is totally unfair. Plus, what one person thinks is insensitive another person may feel differently. Some people walk around with their heart on their sleeve as the old saying used to go and some people are insecure and petty and no matter how you would try to think about their feelings they will not be satisfied. Yes, the best thing for Zac is to be himself but there will be those who don’t like that.

By the way, if we all could hear and watch Zac do this same interview instead of just reading it, there might be a big change in how people would feel about it. It is definitely way overblown

Also, is it just me or does it seem that after the accolades Zac and Vanessa got on the red—actually it was yellow—carpet just a few nights ago at the Watchmen premiere that now there is a push or urgency to make him look less than wonderful? Could it be that now there is a need by some to make him look less than perfect because some people think that if you are the “darling” or “sweetheart” then it makes you boring? SO, if there is more controversy surrounding you then you are more interesting. I’m afraid that is how the machinery seems to work in Hollywood so you can just rack me up there as a little cynical when it comes to some of the PR ploys of Lalaland.

I just received a red alert email that there is some discontent in Efron blog land. Because of the Elle interview?

Fear not you faint of heart.

Mr. Efron has put on his marketing hat and is promoting his film “17 Again.” As the star of this motion picture, bringing in viewers is part of his job.

He gets paid to do so.

He may be a mere 21, but, Efron is clever at endorsing his projects. And he does so with a blithe, self-effacing sense of humor. He is never swayed by how blog aficionados or pessimists perceive him.

Look how well he marketed Hairspray—so well, in fact, that a plethora of his costar’s young fans actually believed he had discarded his long-time love and taken up with his female costar.

Fortunately for Mr. Efron, his indisputable girlfriend, Ms Hudgens, works in the motion picture industry, too. She is behind him one-hundred percent in his promotional duties. At the end of the day when Mr. Efron takes off his marketing hat, he lives in a real world—a world in which Ms. Hudgens is a very significant part.

And, yes, the two of them (and their families) are sharing a good many laughs over the fan-sites and misanthrope hype about his being a ladies man.

the only think i have to say about the article is that it painted a somewhat one dimensional view of him (regardless of how the comments get perceived or analyzed). as someone who’s been a fan of his for awhile, the article ended up painting him as a bit shallow and that is definitely not him. it was a little disappointing, imo. he may have had tons more to say in the actual interview and they may have talked about a wide range of topics, but that didn’t come out.

what came across is that leslie mann got all cougarish around him, he thinks ashton kutcher has got a good situation and he goes through a lot of condoms. i would have liked to have something a little more interesting come out of that article.

I guess it just goes to show how the media and tabloids can influence how people view celebrities. Continued stories about supposed “flirting” with waitresses, lunches with attractive friends, crushing on cougars, and talk about condoms, will influence the way most people see him.

Now, I am a big supporter of Zac’s career, but I gotta say, there are people out there who believe what they read, and that’s where haters and negativity come from. They may take issue with something he’s said or done, and are convinced he’s a jerk. Sadly, this is the reality of tabloids and the media.

So let’s be mindful of how things are portrayed to us, and realize things aren’t always how they seem.

sheila, I gotta agree with you on that one.

~The Observer~ @ 03/07/2009 at 2:43 am

Being a ladies man? Please don’t flatter yourself. This is about an overall public perception that is being presented. If you have to scoop that low just to promote a film, then I feel sorry for you. Your morals and upbrings come into question and you end up damaging your image.
I don’t care if this guy is Zac Efron or Joe the Plumber, it’s about a man/women treating your other half with better respect.
Fans and readers aren’t psychics. What we see and read is what we get. That is what we judge by. There are plenty of successful actors out there who don’t feel the need to sell their souls to the devil just to promote their movies. They rely on their performance and talent.
This is sending the wrong message to men and women. The opinions of readers, blogs, fans, etc are extremely vital in a celebrities career. Just ask Chris Brown and Rihanna.

justenough @ 03/07/2009 at 2:45 am

ladysdsandiego, I couldn’t have put it better myself!!!

gracemarie @ 03/07/2009 at 2:46 am

As much as I enjoy For Real’s posts I have to say I wonder if more than one person uses the name .

The earlier versions of For Real’s posts seemed more matter of fact , down to earth and direct, these later posts, though still direct ,read like doctoral dissertations LOL

Or is it just me?

If You want to know the real secret of Zac Efron and all that media don’t say about him, watch this video on YouTube: The evident proof that Zac Efron…” !!!

#88, yeah, and we should believe some lame video on YT by some moron is proof?? LMAO

gracemarie, I don’t doubt this is one and the same poster. Same writing style.

So ~The Observer~ , you’re a perfect example of someone forming an opinion about Zac based on what you’ve been fed by tabloids, etc. Have you ever actually seen him treat his love with anything but respect? Are you privy to seeing them in everyday life? No, didn’t think so.
Promoting a movie is a delicate thing…..especially for a young, up-and-coming actor like Zac. They have to drum up interest to the point where people want to go out and see the movie. I see why he has to throw himself into it, as his career depends on box-office and demand for him. As time goes on, I don’t think he’ll need to “scoop that low” to promote…his work will speak for itself.

Pretty but blah @ 03/07/2009 at 8:37 am

He’s pretty in a cookie-cutter plastic kind of way but too bland imo to be really interesting.

A lot of people are WAY too invested in Zac and Vanessa’s relationship. They want to be part of it. They get upset with Zac because he doesn’t come out publicly and say the words, “I love Vanessa with all my heart and soul” in an interview. He may say that every day in private to Vanessa, but some misguided people want to hear it said “to them” in order to sooth their own misgivings about the relationship.

Some people are putting themselves in Vanessa’s place and creating all kinds of scenarios about thing they think are or are not happening. And this kind of thinking is getting them upset.

Some people need to step back and leave Zac and Vanessa’s private relationship to them. Stop over analyzing their every word and action and making a federal case out of it.

The relationship is between the two of them, and as Zac said, “Everyone else should get their noses out.”

Trina, many good points there. We have to remember that people make give their opinions based on their own experiences and what they think is appropriate. Those opinions can range from one of the spectrum to the other! Some people think Zac and Vanessa do no wrong, and others think he’s a rat and player and she a tramp!! We get it all here.

But the two of them obviously do things THEIR way, and guess what? It works for them. They understand each other, trust each other totally, and are 100% supportive of each other and their careers. Amazing for a young couple. Adults could learn a few things from them.

So let them do “their thing”…..it’s been beautiful so far, hasn’t it?

I love you Zac.He is my live.Eyes beautiful,smile insuperable,body handsome ….Zac is the best.I am spanish kisses

good discussion guys.

please remember that Zac is promoting his movie and everything he says or does in public is done with the intention of marketing his movie where he is the lead star. so, read all of these articles with a grain of salt.

everything else in his private life, including Van, is off limits. am sure Van knows these things as she is in the same business with him. She is not bothered, and neither should we be.

Trina , I do agree, i am a huge fan of vanessa and Zac. But, i will tell you that I understand the entertainment industry for what it is, and it can be cut throat. A simple slip or wrong wording can rip your career apart.
To say that, people want someone who is authentic. i think Zac and Vanessa as individuals inhabit that. While Vanessa is always very controlled in her interviews, it is more normal for us not to see Zac that way. Therefore the critique will be worse on him.
As I don’t agree with this public obsession, I do think that it wouldn’t hurt for him to a little more guarded about his words, yet i don’t judge him for that. He is only 21. He is learning how this all works, and we need to remember that.
Saying that, I think that he and Van probably sit around and talk about this. She knows full well what he is going to put out to the public and isn’t threatened by it at all She is one of the most naturally poised and confident women in Hollywood. IMO…he is lucky to have her, she understands him, supports him, and puts up with 1000′s of girl swarming him (which you know would get tiring). I’m glad they are together. And while i don’t live for their relationship, or breath it, I do follow their careers. Especially Van, and the thing I believe that is setting her apart in hollywood right now, is her sheer confidence. She doesn’t have to try and it is catchy. She is not fake, she is just her, and she makes no apologies. I love it and am thankful for it.

One problem is that so many people want Zac and Vanessa to be so perfect in their eyes and unfortunately most people’s eyes are in fairytale land when it comes to these two. I have heard married couples in the business express a “crush” on somebody they have worked with and it wasn’t even someone older and it didn’t get this kind of nit-picky scrutiny. Even Leslie Mann has talked about Zac being so sexy so why isn’t she being picked to death? It’s because Zac is part of a very fairytale love affair that millions of people are captivated by and they are not allowing fore the slightest little “blip” on the radar screen.

What people need to realize is if they are going to be so scrutinized then they may go further back into their hole in regards to their relationship so people will have to guess what is going on there. The uproar about him saying he had a crush on Leslie are just meeting her is ridiculous. Zac is simply saying he was impressed with her and he was thrilled she was so much fun and easy to talk to which was going to make working with her so easy. I don’t understand the big outcry over what he said. It SHOULD be easy to understand what he meant. And the thing about Demi Moore, etc, is to say he could understand now after working with Leslie that an older woman can still be sexy and desirable. Men just like women do not fail to see someone as attractive or sexy just because they become romantically involved with someone else or even marry. If that was the case many heartthrobs like Brad Pitt and George Clooney would be in trouble with their careers.

I really don’t even think the ‘crush’ is the issue Karen. It is just that so many people want to find anything aboslutely anything wrong with these two that even if it is pathetic and childish , they will use it. They have to dig that deep and chase that hard to find something. I mean, many of them are still having to use Van’s pictures againest her and that was 2 years ago and she has risen from that miraculously. Love these two and not for conventional reasons, they just stand for something so rare and so unique that I like the message they have sent to the world about authenticity.

Wow, some people are so immature it’s untrue. Leslie said many things about Zac, that she could go Cougar on him etc etc, does that mean she will leave Judd and her two beautiful girls, no it does not. Zac is a master at PR, he knows how to turn on the charm, he knows what’s real to him and what isn’t, the same with V. As actors, it’s part of their job description to promote the movies/shows they are in, that is the whole point. But, at the end of the day, they are together in this and they trust eachother. They are strong and have come so far together, they should be admired for their humble and endearing natures, not shot down for doing what their work requires of them. Having said that, I bet they laugh their a**ses off at some of the things that are said, or that is told to them. It certainly provides me with many laughs, seeing how dumb and narrow minded some people are.

All I will say about this discussion about Zac and his comments, I think some things are better unsaid. I do believe in time he will learn the fine line. He’s a smart guy, with a lot to learn about the business. He will learn to balance his personal values with what is expected of him professionally.

vancrazed:

In your #95 post you had said:
“I do think that it wouldn’t hurt for him to a little more guarded about his words, yet i don’t judge him for that.”

I thought you were possibly referring to his words about having a crush on Leslie as you further said:
“It makes him look different to an older fan base, because they immediantly think about how it would feel if a significant other would say that to the mass public about someone other than their own partner.”

So, I was referring to that thought. As you said then in your #97 post:
“…so many people want to find anything aboslutely anything wrong with these two that even if it is pathetic and childish , they will use it.”

That statement is very true. But that is just it, no matter how guarded Zac and/or Vanessa would be there are those people who will nit-pick and find fault. The more positive attention or love and admiration these two get whether it be for their careers or for their relationship there will be those who will be dead set to bring it down and cause trouble where there isn’t any if nothing at all would have been said in the first place. There are people who absolutely can’t stand someone to do make good—especially good looking young adults.

I agree Karen, and I actually wasn’t referring to his statement about Leslie mann as all. Zac tends to slip a lot in interivews, I think that was just him being Zac. The Leslie think I give little if any attention too, but I do think it is those kind of immature things he says that affect his older fan base.

zac my luv @ 03/09/2009 at 8:40 pm

zacy u r the best guy ever love u lots
kisses

Zac will became a even bigger star with 17 again and MAOW.

I rarely posted any comments regarding Zac and Vanessa, but I am huge fan of the two. I am more so bigger fan of Vanessa than Zac. I love both of these two work of arts in the movie industries. It just appears to me, that Zac speaks this way regarding his passionate feelings toward his co-star is only when working with this director, Adam Sharkman (??? spelling on last name), which he is the same director for Hairspray. It seems like it is the director’s instruction to Zac to say those comments about his leading lady as the director’s marketing method to lured people to watch the movie. The director did that to Zac in Hairspray with Blonski as well. I believe that Zac is paying paid and to follow the director instruction as to what to say in an interview.

You notice in HSM, both Vanessa and Zac are not to bring their personal relationship in the interviews or comments. The two are to keep the topic on the concepts of HSM and make reference to the entire casts and not each individual actor. Disney has these two comments on the whole casts as real close friends/family to each other and not just focus on Zac and Vanessa private relationship.

Looking how George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Angelina Joline, Jennifer A., Catherine Zeta-Jones, etc. interviews and the comments on their leading man/lady are always like ‘great working with’ or ‘fun working with them’. They are pros and knows how to promote the movie without being flirtie or personalizing with their co-stars. They can joke and make fun of each other as well. I seen that type of interviews with Zac, Van, Ash, Corbin, Mo, and the other HSM casts in promoting HSM3. Which that type of interview is fun and playful for the actors without any type of foreplay to promote the movie.

Zac and Vanessa will gain more experience on being interview and promoting movies and be able to do on their free spirit without the directors instructing them what to say.

gracemarie @ 03/10/2009 at 1:57 pm

Karen/Go Sox/PoppyFOR REAL:

Well I’m not usual swayed by too much. But between the Elle (condom, sexual, economy box) interview and his going to Europe for so long without V as much as I appreciate FOR REAL and his/her comments this makes me wonder a bit .

I’m not proud of that but it’s true.

Not sure what you mean, gracemarie. When did he go to Europe for “so long” that wasn’t WORK RELATED? And what does it make you wonder about?

gracemarie @ 03/10/2009 at 10:27 pm

This present trip goes from Sydney to Melbourne to Paris. I was hoping she would attend at least one of them.

Anyway Go Sox I think I’m just having one of those days. I usually don’t think about such things LOL I wasn’t a big fan of the Elle magazine condoms from mom interview. LOL

gracemarie:

I have a feeling that Zac wanted Vanessa with him and she wanted to be there too with him launching his new movie but let’s look at it in a logical way: too many people as you can see on these boards are too obsessed with the “Zanessa” angle of their lives. Read the threads and you can see it since even when the topic is just Vanessa going out for juice or Zac doing a good deed there will not be 2 posts in a row than won’t mention the other one of wonder where the missing person is. They have to do some separating when it comes to their careers to be sure what they have as an individual talent. Just because they are not together does not mean they don’t know how to be faithful. They were apart for nearly tow months at this time last year and nothing happened. Why should it now. He has work to be done and it’s not a requirement that they have to be together—-only a requirement from the fans it would seem and that’s why they can’t go out on this together becaue they have to be sure everyone knows they are NOT Simese twins but individuals. If people wouldn’t clamor aobut “Zanessa” so much I think it would be different. Heck, you don’t always see Brad and Angelina together promoting their stuff either.

As far as the condom thing goes, I wish people could understand it was meant as a joke and evey though you may not like it, it was still a joke. The interiviewer just HAD to bring up the “sex shop” pictures and Zac trying to brush it off made a joke in making it sound like his mother was shocked—and maybe she was—about him being in a “sex shop”. Then as a joke in regards to the fact he had been “exposed” so in public for going to this supposed sex shop—which it wasn’t—just slipped the condoms into his stocking for a joke. If nothing else this just goes to show just how harmful the gossip people can make things for celebrities.THey want something to write about and cause a stir over but then it can come back and harm someone like this young man who wasn’t doing anything wrong in the first place. And maybe it was a joke all the way around and none of that happened in regards to his mom. I wish people could learn to take some things that are said with a grain of salt.

gracemarie @ 03/11/2009 at 3:34 am

Thanks Karen

Unfortunately now everyone is playing “who is the blonde?”Some people need to go to college or get a career or go on a vacation LOL especially that desiree girl

The only thing desiree and zac is a rat want to do is get a reaction. It’s like a career with them. They are both so obvious at this point. I’m beginning to have suspicions that they are “plants” on these boards just to get more “hits”. You know, say something that you know someone is going to get upset about so they will reply to that comment. That makes more hits on the thread. I mean, the rat can’t possibly think he/she is making anyone believe those little “droppings” that are left in those ridiculous comments.

BTW, gracemarie, the explanation of the blond is way too easy since she is acting as Zac’s publicist. She works for Gina Hoffman who is Zac’s publicist and obviously she can’t be on this trip so the blond came. I hate referring to her as “the blond” but I don’t know her name. Plus, on JJJ when this thread first came up and it came up there before here which is very comon I immediately said within the first few posts that this blond was acting as his publicist and not Zac’s new woman and just as quickly as it came up her the likes of desiree and rat had to make something of her.