Zac Efron: Slicked Back Boy

Zac Efron: Slicked Back Boy

Zac Efron has all the right moves with his sleek, slicked-back hair in the April 2009 issue of Elle.

His 17 Again costar Leslie Mann, 36, tells the mag of Zac, 21, “It was hard not to be a lady cougar around him. One day during rehearsals, I was leaving, and Zac said, ‘What’s your phone number so I can call your daughter on her birthday.’ I gave it to him, and he turned to the director and said, ‘See, I told you I would get it.’ (laughs) He’s such a woman’s fantasy, especially for someone with an Oedipus complex.”

Photos: Hilary Walsh
Posted to: Zac Efron

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » Show All

Hmmmm . . . I think Leslie Mann needs to retake Psychology 101 again. :)

An Oedipus complex is when a young boy is fixated on his mother and competes with his father for her attention.

So SHE can’t have an Oedipus complex. SHE can be a cougar and fixated on Zac, though.

No, Zac is not a PLAYER. He is an ACTOR, marketing a movie he made. And you can bet your bottom dollar that older women will be going in droves to see 17 Again and fantasize over Zac.

And all the while they are fantasizing, he will be holding Vanessa Hudgens in his arms.

This movie was made 15 months ago, and Zac and Leslie haven’t run off together and had a torrid affair. She’s still with her husband and he’s still with Vanessa.

Some of you really need to grow up enough to understand the difference between the real world and that of the movie/fantasy world.

And marketing a movie.

Geez, this guy can’t get any more annoying. The kid seems like a complete a s s. Looks like he could use a good lesson on how to respect women. This is very distasteful and disrespectable. Great actors like Al Pacino and Sean Penn didn’t have to flirt their way to the top or use women like tools. They kept attention on their work and not on being crowned the most flirtatious players in Hollywood.
If this guy wants to be taken more serisously as an actor, he needs to rethink what he says. Both men and women read what’s written in interviews and I can tell you this, men don’t exactly give a damn if he’s some charming cute-sy heartthrob, we look at body of work and great performances. His interviews are solely based for women. He enjoys all the attention he gets from them and comes across as a big narcissist.
His girlfriend is so smokin hot, she can definitely do way better then this douche bag.

mrsefron. @ 03/06/2009 at 3:05 pm

HOTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG!!!! He makes me wet. I love his hair combed back. He is so very hot. He can have my home phone number, my cell number, my address, my social security number, whatever he wants.

The interview that Leslie Mann did on the Ellen Degeneres was funny. She taked about how she got to kiss Zac, and her daughter ran up to her when she got home and licked her face. She also said that she used to be creeped out when she saw older men with younger women, but that now, she totally gets it. LOL

#53 YOU ARE SO RIGHT! People are always making excuses for him to . He is such an a s s wipe and to much of a flirt.Vanessa has been through soooo much and now she’s with this s h i t.Don’t worry Vanessa the worst happens to the best of us.

I absolutely love him but I don’t think this particular picture does him justice. Didn’t know he was such a player. Poor Vanessa.

GABRIEL A @ 03/06/2009 at 7:18 pm

HE LOOKS LIKE A PRODUCT OF GEORGE W. BUSH AND LAURA BUSH. YUK!

This young man who everyone is taking opportunity to rag on is someone who has proven time and time again that is is a one woman man. Even Vanessa in her acknowledgments on her last CD gave a special thanks to Zac for “always having her back”. He has shown nothing but love for his lady. And nobody get more angry than Vanessa when someone says something against Zac. As she has said, they know the truth and that is what is important and who would know it better than her?

The more popular he gets the more people will want to take popshots at him. You can say you are not envious or jealous or resentful all you want but if that is true then why are you even here to get so bent out of shape about anything about him? Why is it so important that you say all your nasty lies on a website like this? Does that kind of cesspool reaction make you feel better in any way? I don’t understand people who like to get their kicks by lying about people they don’t know. And before you say I don’t know him and all that junk, when there is fact to back up your ugly comments as their are about the good things we fans say, then maybe you will have a leg to stand on.

#47 Zac is a Rat -
You are so dumb. What is wrong with Zac telling the waitress that she has the most gorgeous eyes? Why do you think that it would be different if he had said that she had nice eyes or striking eyes? It’s just a matter of semantics. And what’s wrong with him giving other people (females or males) compliments? It’s always nice to compliment someone, and it’s always nice to be complimented. You have a very strange view of things.

As far as getting Leslie Mann’s phone number. It sounds like they all were just goofing off and playing around on the set to me.

i haven’t read the entire interview. but it seems his pr people are trying to present him to an older female audience who doesn’t know zac. and they are trying to show him as a ladies man, a ruthless player.

these interviews are not done without some pr behind them. however, older women do not like guys who are players, who blatantly “flirt” with other women and brag about their “acquiring phone numbers” while being in a committed relationship.

zac is doing what his management is telling him to do. but what they don’t know is this interview could backfire and bit him in the butt. big time.

his true fans who have been around for a long time pretty much understand zac and where he’s coming from. but the readers of elle mag who are being introduced to him through this interview may very well read it and conclude that he is a worthless, unprincipled p-r-i-c-k.

~The Observer~ @ 03/06/2009 at 9:30 pm

Actually, Zac didn’t declare himself as a ‘one women man’-somebody else did. So far, from everything that we’ve seen and read, it looks like he’s turning out to be quite a jerk. He craves on womens attention and loves his (soon-to-be-diminishing) heartthrob status.
I like Vanessa. I think she’s a great girl who’s insanely beautiful and has potential for a good career in movies ahead of her. I am starting to get really annoyed of her staying with this guy. Either she doesn’t have any self respect, or she doesn’t read or see any of his interviews. He says a lot of things that are really unnessessary and could do without. If you look at other established actors in the industry, their interviews are inspirational and educating. They talk passionately about their movies and what they would like to see themselves accomplish in the near future. They also appeal to BOTH men and women.
Stop being biased and taking his side for the sake of taking his side. You have to use your common sense and step back from your fan status to see and hear the overall picture.

#63, actually, Zac did say, “I like to pick one girl and stick with her.” And it’s on the Room Raiders video on You Tube. “A young Kathryn Zeta Jones.”

~The Observer~ @ 03/06/2009 at 9:51 pm

There’s a limit to ‘flirting’. You really need to distinguish the difference between be charming and being downright flirty. Charming isn’t so offensive. Brad Pitt and George Clooney display that very well. They are playful guys with great sense of humors who love to joke around but don’t cross the line and offend the women in their lives.
The reason why Zac has an older fanbase isn’t just because of him alone, it’s because women respect men who are sensitive and treat their lovers with repect and kindness.
Right now, he’s showing that he’s a guy that has his cake and wants to eat it too. Here he is with a beautiful girl, but yet, he’s winking and blowings kisses on the side to keep his options and range wide open. It’s rude and disgusting.

#63 Thank You !!!!!!!!!! You are probably the only sensible person here.As an actor is that how you want to represent yourself? Saying things that are utterly ridiculous? I love Vanessa but she can’t be this clueless..can she? I hope she realizes the type of person he puts himself up to be and that he’s playing her like a game of tic tac toe.Vanessa should know before the cut gets to deep.

He looks exactly like a younger John Stamos…….think i remember a picture taken and posed exactly the same. hmmmm…….coincidence???

Omg Zac is so hot and sexy.

~The Observer~ @ 03/06/2009 at 10:20 pm

I just want to point out, I’m not taking sides. I hate the whole notion of ‘taking sides’. It tells people you would put favoritism over morals and principals. If you’re wrong-you’re wrong. You can’t argue with something that isn’t righteous.
Be honest with yourself; how many women can actually see their guys kissing other women for publicity sake or flirting like they’re still bachelores. Many of you women would not be happy at the thought of your significant others disregarding your feelings and making you feel as though you’re invisible to them.

The Observer…You are right it kind of makes me upset that it has to do with Vanessa .It would be bad for any other girl but Vanessa already got hurt and betrayed. I don’t think it’s fair.

i feel like elle has tried too hard to paint an image of zac; as if he has to be forced away from his high school musical image in a matter of a few sentences. if someone is sexy, it doesn’t need to be rammed down our throats. johnny depp, matt damon, brad pitt and many others who are very much “taken” men are still considered sexy.

Soni hannigan @ 03/06/2009 at 11:19 pm

I seriously doubt that Zac would, during an interview, knowing full well that Vanessa would read it, say to a waitress that she has gorgeous eyes. Come on. That would not happen. Show me the article.

I just read the entire interview and I get a sense that Zac is “trying too hard” to fit into a niche that either the magazine or his PR people wanted–a sexy heartthrob for OLDER women. The magazine would be the one who contacted Leslie Mann and asked her to give them something “sexy” about Zac. She did.

At times when I read about something Zac does or says, I attribute it to his being naive. But, you must remember, he has PR who is pushing him in a direction that they believe to be in his best interest. And, yes, he trusts them. That’s what he pays them for.

But, for the life of me, I can’t understand why his PR would think women who read Elle would consider a young man who’s portrayed as a “player” and consummate flirt appealing. The picture they paint of Zac in the interview is a big turn off to older women.

I have always seen Zac as being a decent, respectful guy. If this is the direction in which his PR firm is pushing him, maybe it’s time he looked into hiring another PR firm.

Apparently I am in the minority here but for the life of me I cannot find anything wrong with what Zac says in that interview. Even Vanessa has said how Zac compliments EVERYONE and she said it wasn’t just women/females but he would compliment male friends and visitors to the set of HSM. And if you listen to his Oscar interviews you can tell that is true when you hear him tell about meeting Dev from Slumdog Nights. And furthermore when he talks about Leo or Leslie Mann or anyone else you can see how complimentary he is and excited like a kid would be not like some PLAYER. Just reading something may sound like one think especially if you are reading it after hearing all kinds of bad things about the interview.

He said he had a crush on Leslie Mann that’s not saying he has the hots for her. It was a compliment plain and simple. He said in the past he had a crush on Lori Loughlin so what? A crush is not like being in love with someone. And so what if he told a waitress she had gorgeous eyes? Maybe she did and it just simply shows he NOTICES things. It wasn’t like he was getting her phone number. Plus, for all we know she was 30, married, and had a child. I’ve have males who have complimented me in something in had on or the color of an outfit or whatever but the person wasn’t trying to hit on me—simply to say something nice that stood out about me to them. What makes that so wrong?

Maybe if people simply would say nice things to each other more often without fear of someone taking it to mean anything other than was is being said then people would learn to trust more and feel better about themselves and others. And then maybe there would be a lot less people who simply wanted to creat grief and unrest.

~The Observer~ @ 03/07/2009 at 12:13 am

I would’ve brushed this off if it were a one time thing, but his outrageous comments are becoming too occational and ridiculous. His consistency proves these gestures and comments aren’t just some naive slip-ups, it’s who he is-or who he’s become for that matter.
PR can’t shove words down your throat. You think and deliver the words yourself. This is a grown adult we’re talking about so you can’t excuse his behaviour as an act of adolescence. You need to take charge of your own actions and not blame others to justify your behaviour.
I don’t understand what he wants people to see him as? Is he looking for an older audience? Does he want to be praised as somebody very desirable? Or is he implying to female readers that his options are still open and to keep dreaming about him cos ya never know…

i don’t think zac knows yet how he wants people to see him. i know he wants 17 again to appeal to an older audience. but since his current fans are mostly teen age girls, maybe he believes his older audience can only be older females. if that’s the case, he first needs to figure out what appeals to that group.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » Show All