Portia De Rossi Guests on The Ellen Show

Portia De Rossi Guests on The Ellen Show

Ellen DeGeneres welcomes her partner, actress Portia de Rossi, during a taping of The Ellen DeGeneres Show on Thursday (March 12) at the WB lot in Burbank, Calif.

“In a meeting talking about Portia‘s appearance on the show Monday I’m told I’ll learn something about her that she’s never told me,” Ellen said.

Portia, 36, is promoting her new show Better Off Ted, which premieres this Wednesday, March 18 @ 8:30PM ET/PT on ABC. EW gave the show a B+.

The episode of The Ellen DeGeneres Show airs on Monday, March 16.

ABC

shoegal421 @ 03/13/2009 at 1:04 pm

cute!

so Portia is 36, and Ellen 50…wow, Ellen, you go cougar!!!

i love Portia de Rossi’s name it sounds like a upscale clothing line or something it’s pretty.

Portia is only 36? Ellen, you’re such a cougar!

she’s her WIFE :)

its not her partner shes her wife

They’re too cute together!

&& I agree with Brooke & Iris, Portia is her wife not just her partner. Even if the law doesn’t acknowledge that , the viewers do.

aww they are adorable. I love the Ellen show. I thought they got married to.

I know two people have already said it, but I think it should be said one more time.. Portia is Ellen’s WIFE.

Love Ellen & Portia! Can’t wait to watch. By the way, they are married!

Crazi Chic @ 03/13/2009 at 1:40 pm

I have to agree with what has already been said Portia is Ellen’s wife and all the media should be acknowledging that.

all these people who keep repeating that Portia is Ellen’s wife r **** n lesbians.damnnnn u guys r everywhere.wtf

can’t wait to see this one! love Ellen!

they are cute together

I am so watching this interview on Monday!

They are so cute together. I think they’ll be together for a while. And yes, WIFE.

ganymede30324 @ 03/13/2009 at 2:28 pm

It’s nice that Ellen’s husband finally found a gig.

YOUKNOWME @ 03/13/2009 at 3:07 pm

nasty! i WANT TO BARF!

omg i completely agree with #3! that name so sounds like an upscale line! haha :)

i love these two.

Hey guess what, I am a straight woman and I’m going to say PORTIA IS ELLEN’S WIFE.

EVERYONE deserves to marry the person they love…and I know on my heart God agrees.

*in my heart.

stupid is as stupid does @ 03/13/2009 at 3:37 pm

I am betting the thing she is going to tell her that she doesn’t know is.. she is pregnant.

This is a huge set up for an announcement.

Not partner: WIFE. They got married!

honeybunch @ 03/13/2009 at 3:57 pm

A woman CANNOT have a wife. Its husband=man, wife=woman. These two are roommates. Period.

umm, actually she can, honeybunch. at least until all the people that love to tell everyone else how to live have their way.

l love both,but what they have done is wrong ,refer to the bible it says adam and eve,not eve and eve,nor adam and steve,holy matrimony is between a man and woman or woman and man…Read the bible.

**** the bible!

The bible has nothing to due with a government civil (read: secular) marriage.

I bet Portia’s pregnant!

Which would be awesome news but might just be bittersweet if it affects the Arrested Development movie. Nay-Yay!

I’ve never been one to really like gay people but I definitely LOVE Ellen and Portia. Maybe the world is changing for me. The reason I believe is because they are likeable.

kimd: stop forcing your bible down everyone’s throat. so inconsiderate.

shoegal421 @ 03/13/2009 at 5:40 pm

you realize that so many people who look to the bible…the king james version in particular…king james was gay. the convenient hypocrisy of religions is astounding.

The Bible is a dangerous book full of prejudice!!!

I dont believe in the bible! @ 03/13/2009 at 6:07 pm

Ow men those who refer to the bible are Idiots. The bible has at least 18 contradictions and about 8 factual errors in it!

I rest my case. The bible is wrong about at least 26 things I know about, so they can be wrong about the adam and eve thing to!.

Let every human being love the ones they love, no matter for there gender. Even natures does it.

And if your against it, fine, but don’t bring the bible into it. A book with so many errors in it isn’t a real good source you know. :P

Ow and for those who don’t believe me; http://www.freethoughtdebater.com/tenbiblecontradictions.htm

or google, bible errors. You will find enough.

I dont believe in the bible! @ 03/13/2009 at 6:16 pm

Ow by the way isnt this in your pressious bible?

GOD’S WORD® Translation (©1995)
“Stop judging, and you will never be judged. Stop condemning, and you will never be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

Hey, Honey Bunch – Pay My Taxes!

And KEEP paying them until we are EQUAL.

No go VOTE on that – oops! You can’t! [equality tax revolt]

Hey Bible-Lovers – Pay My Taxes this year, and every single year!

And KEEP paying them until you stop infecting U.S. law with your perverted “bible”……it’s disgusting.

gay maybe? @ 03/13/2009 at 6:59 pm

I bet you’re right! She’s pregnant.. That would be great for them.

The bible says a lot of things, it also says “an eye for an eye” but we’ve evolved in the last few years. Get off your high horses and act like Christians you bunch of hypocrites – they are married, wife and wife!

Ellen was the first women to show that she had BALLS! She came out way before everyone else and she took a lot of heat for it. I have a tremendous amount of respect for both of them.

Quit hiding behind your bibles, God created lesbians and gays.

13 & 25! you are the reason for HATE in this world! Real Love does not discriminate gender,sex,etc. When two people are in love and want to share their lives together they should be able to do that! Love does not care who you are man/woman, man/man, woman/woman. It’s about wanting to be with who you chose as your lover! LOVE IS BETTER THAN HATE! WHY HATE WHEN SOMEONE IS IN LOVE~

I have to say, reading all these comments that are happy for them and defending them make me happy… It makes me realize how many people respect and don’t judge people because of their sexuality. I was afraid I was going to read a bunch of ‘gay bashing’ and rude comments, but most had good things to say about Ellen and Portia:-)
Thank you!!!
PS- Sexuality isn’t that important and people need to just get over it!! Love is love…

Wife, not partner. They are so cute!

Maybe the secret is that she has been with a man….ha haaa

Poria is Ellens wife, not her partner!

THEY ARE LEGALLY MARRIED IN THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA… PORTIA AND ELLEN ARE WIVES… NOT JUST “PARTNERS”… THEY AREN’T IN BUSINESS TOGETHER!! JUST PURE IGNORANCE!

what i don’t understand is – these christian types who say they are roommates, not married, etc – why are they reading and commenting on stories about ellen & portia ??? rack off and look at another website

proud aussie

I really like Ellen and Portia, but as an ignorant straight person, I have always wondered why some lesbian women are butch (guy-like) and others are not. Like Ellen and Rosie O’Donnell are butch, Portia and Rosie’s partner are not. Why is that?

Portia is Ellen’s wife, and Ellen is Portia’s wife.
Sorry bible lover! that is the FACT.

Her WIFE, jj. WIFE.

Read some OTHER books ” kimd”. And keep your religion out of my government.

Portia and Ellen are married, so “partner” isn’t the correct word. It’s WIFE. (It doesn’t matter if you approve of gay marriage, it’s still a fact that they got married.)

To the negative comments, whatever, Equal Rights! I am not a lesbian but I do acknowledge disprespect, Ellen and Portia are married, no one ever calls my husband my partner! They are an adorable married couple and their love is so obvious.

honeybunchlover @ 03/17/2009 at 8:47 am

Hey honeybunch (and all of you who disses Ellen and Portia),
What world do you live in? Wake up, it’s 2009. It’s funny how people believe that once that’s how things are, and they should forever be like that. I agree with ac that the bible has nothing to do with this.

p.s I am really liking that name, honeybunch ;)

In my opinion, This is a sad day in America. To broadcast a show in prime time TV that exposes our children two lesbians calling the other WIFE. She of all people should set an example. They are simply not interested in being Quality role models. Its not cute its dangerous to our children . If she were a teacher she would be FIRED. I am very disappointed . Her show needs to be blocked from daytime TV. As responsible adults our job is to bring the kids up properly. Ellen,,, You claim to be animal lover try to be a Child Lover. No more Ellen in our home PERIOD

pinwapple @ 03/18/2009 at 9:35 pm

all same sex marriages that took place between may and november are still valid in the state of california, but right now a sort of trial is going on to define what’s going to happen with those marriages. however, ’till there’s no resolution they are each other’s lawfully wedded wife :)

pinwapple @ 03/18/2009 at 9:35 pm

Hey Grant. Get your facts straight. You cannot fire someone based on their sexual orientation, teachers included. Do you live in a hole? Equal opportunity in the work force has been law for years. Seriously that is the most uneducated ignorant comment I have ever read.

Ellen is a fabulous role model to both adults and children. She teaches respect for diversity and equality.

You my friend Grant, would be fired if you were a teacher for teaching ignorance, intolerance, and for not knowing the facts about things you preach.

You’re a loser.

They’re really cute together! Love them!!!

nancy talley @ 04/14/2009 at 11:39 am

ELLEN AND PORTIA ARE SO HAPPY. GET OFF THEIR BACKS. I THNIK SOME FOLKS OUT THERE ARE A LITTLE JEALOUS.

what going on with ellen and portie hope happy pls carry on

@YOUKNOWME
F*** YOU, MAN. F*** YOU.
Fine, GO AHEAD AND BARF, but SERIOUSLY?
SHOW SOME RESPECT, YOU D****B**, EVEN IF YOUR BRAIN HAS ALREADY BRAINWASHED BY THAT STUPID MENTALITY.
@honeybunch
Why? Give me one good reason why a woman cannot have a wife. It’s just as bad as saying “You’re not allowed to love!” How can you say that, really? It’s like your restricting these people to love. It’s like your putting boundaries around love. Love is supposed to be LIMITLESS. I don’t understand why all of you are still putting up with these godly **** from the bible. Yeah, I’m a Catholic, but HELLO? That freaking bible didn’t just drop down from the heavens, FYI. It’s all in the mentality and the “inspired writer’s” belief that man-man/woman-woman is unacceptable. God told us to love one another. Besides, WHAT HAPPENED TO FREEDOM, huh? Are we not free to love anymore? YOU people make me barf, because you are just simply disgusting – yes, DISGUSTING – to take time to write a whole paragraph about how much you hate lesbians sharing public love when you go around making out and having sex in the park with your manly boyfriend and whatever because you think that you’re doing the right thing. Oh, don’t deny it! You’re also having that thing called “perverted s**” aren’t you? And yet you call lesbians as “simply infatuated perverts” and “immoral people.” Can’t you SEE the big picture? It looks like you’re actually FORBIDDING two people to fall in love, and the world is in desperate need for love right now because there’s just too much hate everywhere. Gays/lesbians/bisexuals or whatever aren’t bad influences. They’re actually good influences because they portray a picture worth a thousand words. Summarizing, “Love is limitless,” and “You don’t choose who you love,”

ellen you have a life to make mistakes and also live a only regreta the thing you havent done cus you never stop learning in life. im 38 and my partner is 56 and we been together for almost 7 years and i love her lots but theres always someone that cant be nice and it dose get hard when all i want to do is punch then lol but i know i cant. live life to full be happy with yourself and dont give a dam what narrow minded people say or think. i remember watching ally mcbeal and thinking to myself that portia was well sexy. and that your one lucky person to have her as portia is you

I’m really impressed with your writing skills as well as with the layout on your blog. Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself? Anyway keep up the nice quality writing, it’s rare to see a great blog like this one these days..

I do trust all of the ideas you’ve presented to your post. They’re very convincing and will certainly work. Still, the posts are too brief for newbies. May you please lengthen them a bit from subsequent time? Thank you for the post.

What’s Happening i’m new to this, I stumbled upon this I have found It positively useful and it has helped me out loads. I hope to contribute & assist other users like its aided me. Great job.

Hiya, I’m actually glad I’ve discovered this information. Nowadays bloggers publish just about gossips and net and this really is really irritating. A good blog with intriguing content material, this really is what I want. Thank you for keeping this website, I’ll be visiting it. Do you do newsletters? Can not discover it.

Useful info. Fortunate me I discovered your web site unintentionally, and I’m shocked why this accident didn’t happened earlier! I bookmarked it.