Dita Von Teese is Especially Etoile

Dita Von Teese is Especially Etoile

Dita Von Teese (in Malandrino) parties with pals at the L’Etoile nightclub overlooking the Arc de Triomphe in Paris, France on March 28 (Saturday).

The 36-year-old burlesque beauty recently told Inked magazine about her first foray into lingerie. She shared, “My first bra was not very exciting. I was a late bloomer-the last of my girlfriends to get one. It was this horrible training bra-type thing, but it prompted me to save my money and buy my own darn bra. My mom was like, ‘You can’t have the black lace one.’ And I was like, ‘Why not?’ I’ve never equated beautiful lingerie with seduction or sex. It’s not about trying to get a man. Not at all. It’s about surrounding myself with beauty in my everyday life-whether it’s a bra or a notebook. I want everything around me to be attractive because I look at it every day.”

dita von teese letoile 01
dita von teese letoile 02
dita von teese letoile 03
dita von teese letoile 04
dita von teese letoile 05

She is so pretty and I love her style. I am just not liking the short hair on her.

beautiful dress. love the green.

shoegal421 @ 03/29/2009 at 4:28 pm

i agree that beautiful lingerie doesn’t necessarily have to do anything with men. it’s a treat for one’s self. and also, she looks beautiful in green!

Pretty but she’s too pale for that color.

hot, ghostly chick…

I love the cut of the dress.
It’s sexy without being trampy looking.

Dita is very pretty but I prefer her with long hair.

she can dress
but this chick is way way 2 pale…
she almost looks as worse as that pale ***
what’s she even famous for?

I think a different color on the dress, it would be stunning.

why so serious? @ 03/29/2009 at 5:03 pm

She looks sad.

i love what she said in the interview .
she is so inspiring .

Beautiful. Her skin is too white though and starting to distract from her beauty.

Ashley b. @ 03/29/2009 at 5:20 pm

I love her retro look!

she looks much better wearing a colorful dress like this rather than that black **** she always wears.

Wow, that is a pretty dress! The green is stunning and it fits Dita’s body perfectly.

yikes….so heavily made up with pancake type make up……. way too much.

this is “beauty”?? all this make up

Twin Peaks @ 03/29/2009 at 5:48 pm

She has a really sweet face and banging bod. She’d probably be gorgeous if she stopped with the white powdery makeup.

Awwww@her skin, lovely dress though!

Dita looks cute! :-)

She isn’t a pretty woman, but she does have style.

She is very pretty and has a beautiful face. She should try a more natural look. No need for false eyelashes and white, white foundation. I’ve seen you without makeup, Dita, and you’re beautiful!

Not the most flattering pictures of her.

Strange but True @ 03/29/2009 at 6:16 pm

Always amazes me that a stripper usually dresses with more class than half of Hollyweird. Go figure.

I’m not sure what this woman does, but she is pretty, I’ll give her that.

boring………………..

Love, love, love the dress.

^I wish I had her body!

The dress is lovely but I hope she grows her hair. The short style doesn’t flatter her so much. It’s too severe.

Her and Evan Ronald Wood both look like trannies.

Dita has nice bone structure. Aside from the awful makeup, she’s pretty and the dress is fabulous, but the hair is not good. It looks like she stole a wig from a Halloween costume. I hope she grows it out.

maryrowery @ 03/29/2009 at 7:34 pm

her feet look deformed. When I see her in all those super high heels I always think how bad it must hurt her. It doesn’t look healthy

i find it funny that she says, “It’s about surrounding myself with beauty in my everyday life-whether it’s a bra or a notebook. I want everything around me to be attractive because I look at it every day.” when she was married to marilyn manson for 2 years.

She’s pretty, but why is she on this site? She hasn’t really done anything… except for marry Marilyn Manson?

she is famous for being a world famous burlesque performer, fetish and pin-up model.

the green looks amazing. she keeps her skin pale because she likes the look of dark hair and fair skin. it was also very stylish to have that look in the 1940s era which Dita is very interested in.

her hair is a classic 1940s curled bob.

she looks elegant and timeless.

REALLY….you like to surround yourself with beauty? Explain the whole Marilyn Manson thing to us then….

And what is going on with your face??

francessca @ 03/30/2009 at 7:50 pm

Nice bone structure?! No, Cate Blanchett has nice bone structure.

art8fashion @ 04/02/2009 at 1:07 am

Quote :Anna

her hair is a classic 1940s curled bob.

she looks elegant and timeless.

she always talks about how she believes in manufactured beauty. she never denies that without her clothes, hair and make-up she would be oridnary. she has evolved and created a unique look for herself. Quote end
____________________________________________________
Thank you Anna for your excellent post explaining the career and style of the amazing Dita.

It is so annoying sometimes and come to this board and read the posts by people who only post to say a thoughtless one sentence or word insult.

I am not going to have a positive comment about every celeb post but I really try to not be immature or disrespectful. It is so much more interesting to read exactly why someone had a different opinion or a well written negative observation.

I love JJ for the interesting good quality celeb photos this is why I keep coming back. Thank you Jared for the photos!

Back to Dita: Love the dress – wish I could afford to have my dresses made like she does. Like the shoes but for the life of me I can’t see how she is able to walk and stand in them. Loved her hair longer.

Dita please put out a fashion back with photos of all of your looks and how you put them together!

Peace

really people, if you haven’t got anything nice to say, why say anything at all?

I completely agree with her!

Her mouth looks glued. I swear that closeup photo looks like a mask. And a hairy one at that.

@Anna:

Women from the 40′s did no look like that. They were dressy and neat. And some were casual. Not super caked up and tacky.