Idina Menzel & Taye Diggs: We're Expecting!

Idina Menzel & Taye Diggs: We're Expecting!

Private Practice star Taye Diggs and Tony award-winning actress Idina Menzel are expecting their first baby!

“[I've been ready for kids since] the day I met him,” Idina has told Us Weekly. “He wouldn’t talk about marriage, but he’d talk about me having his children. He’s always wanted kids. He grew up with four younger brothers and sisters, so he’s very comfortable around children.”

Taye, 38, and Idina, 37, first met on 1996′s original Broadway production of Rent in NYC and married in January 2003.

After 13 years together, congrats to the happy couple!!!

ABC

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All

Damn, its about time! I’ve been willing to go at it & procreate with hot chocolate for years!

xo
Rants, Thoughts & Merde

This makes me far too happy. Best musical couple ever *swoon*

oh shes that mother thats dating pete..

Awww congratulations to them. What a beautiful couple. I LOVE interracial couple, they’re amazing. This baby is gonna be GORGEOUS <3

Hi idina wow i am so Happy for you. you and Taye are going to be great parents and your baby is going to be so beautiful just like u

congrats idina and Taye x

middle-aged hippie @ 03/31/2009 at 4:20 pm

Two fabulous talents!

awww yay! congrats to them!
that is soo cool!

Idina just made a guest appearance on Private Practice playing the mother of one of Pete’s (Tim Daly) pediatric allergy patients.

Congrats to the happy couple! Loved Rent!

congrats to Taye @ 03/31/2009 at 4:31 pm

Can not believe that he is such a **** on that show.. But last week’s
episode he did the right thing by telling the truth in court..!! Even though
his ex wife is dating the defendants lawyer.. Who Taye’s character
crushed his case.. Glad to see that he is having a baby.. and seeing
his girlfriend. They don’t get to see each other very often so this is
a great event..!

Aww that is awesome news! Congrats to them both :)

wed mother @ 03/31/2009 at 4:52 pm

So, they’re still not bothering to get married even after all these years?

Lovely, just lovely. What the world needs, another out of wedlock “love” child.

Actually, they are married.

And that baby will most likely be insanely talented. And gorgeous. How sweet!

officefan @ 03/31/2009 at 5:13 pm

wed mother #13

Yes, they are married!! Read the whole entry before you make your snide comments:

Taye, 38, and Idina, 37, first met on 1996’s original Broadway production of Rent in NYC and MARRIED in January 2003.

Twifanatic Amanda @ 03/31/2009 at 5:15 pm

YAY! Omg that is so Exciting!!!!!
I was seriously JUST saying the other day how they needed to have kids :D

I hate interacial couples and she looks old enough to be his mother.. im sure she isnt but she looks a bit old! The baby will probably look better than both of them because it will have good qualities from both. But i hate interracial dating and i know Obama is a product of interacial, so am i and so is 3/4 of the so called African Americans, if you want to see a real full blood African you have to go the the motherland! my hatred is because white folks are racist and talk crap about blacks like you are better (and we know thats a lie) but yet you have been inter-breeding wiht us for ever and a day!

Whoa… I’m black and I have white ancestry also but I don’t hate interracial couples. People have been racist in the past, but at least most are trying to take a stand against racism. I’ve never minded interracial couples. I think they’re cute. I say congrats to Taye and Idina!

Awesome!!
Congratulations and all the best wishes!!!! ♥

LolaSvelt @ 03/31/2009 at 6:51 pm

One of my favourite couples. Congratulations!

Loverly couple!

Here’s hoping for a wonderful pregnancy. I just hope that those in the media will leave it up to the parents to fix an identity. There are fair skinned bi-racials who identify more with the European side. And of course, there are bi-racials who identify more with being African American. And some in between.

There’s also a religious identity component, so we will need to respect that as well.

Choc chip myself @ 03/31/2009 at 8:20 pm

Coolbeans! The have been married for a long time, 13yrs. Sweet. I am a fan of theirs. Imagine the lullaby’s that baby is going to hear.

defyinggravity♥ @ 03/31/2009 at 9:07 pm

Congrats!!
This is so incredible!
I’ve been a huge fan of Idina for a long time, and I love private practice! I just know they’re going to be amazing parents.
Imagine that baby’s good-night lullaby…WOW.
♥♥
:D

ChocoKisses @ 03/31/2009 at 9:33 pm

13 years together and NOW they have a baby? I don’t know why women are waiting so late nowadays. I guess they think their babies are invincible when it comes to birth defects. Yeah, older women are at a higher risk for them. But congrats,Taye D.

ChocoKisses @ 03/31/2009 at 9:39 pm

I’m not a mother. So I didn’t mean to put down older moms. But why wait and have to get fertility treatments or be at risk of birth defects, when you can have them at your healthiest?

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All