Scarlett Johansson Talks Weight Issues

Scarlett Johansson Talks Weight Issues

Scarlett Johansson has taken to the Huffington Post to voice her opinion about issues that many women struggle with — weight, eating disorders and treatment options.

The 24-year-old married actress writes about exercising and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Here’s a snippet: “People come in all shapes and sizes and everyone has the capability to meet their maximum potential. Once filming is completed, I’ll no longer need to rehash the 50 ways to lift a dumbbell, but I’ll commit to working out at least 30 minutes a day and eating a balanced diet of fruit, vegetables and lean proteins. Pull ups, crunches, lunges, squats, jumping jacks, planks, walking, jogging and push ups are all exercises that can be performed without fancy trainers or gym memberships. I’ve realized through this process that no matter how busy my life may be, I feel better when I take a little time to focus on staying active. We can all pledge to have healthy bodies no matter how diverse our lifestyles may be.”

Check out Scarlett‘s full take on weight issues at HuffingtonPost.com. (Her husband Ryan Reynolds also uses HuffPo to publish his writing pieces.)

ABC

Wow! Scarlett is so DEEP!!!

lol @ #1

i dont have a problem with celebrities addressing “being healthy” as long as they dont contradict themselves by saying: love yourself as you are….oh and real women have curves.love yourself as much as you want, but some people are naturally skinny

Terrific. Just what the world needs. Two more celebrities who think people care what they have to say.

For some reason Scarlett’s statement feels like her way of saying “I used to be against conforming to the thin Hollywood ideal and proclaiming that I love my curves, but now that I’ve been working out and lost quite an amount of weight I feel more happy about myself and want to tell the world that I’m still healthy and U can be that too by eating right and working out”. It’s an excuse and/or reason for her decision to stay thin(ner). I guess the next thing we’ll hear from her is “I’m still curvy” like so many skinny girls say. I have nothing against naturally skinny people, I just prefer people telling it like it is- which I don’t think Scarlett is doing.

blah blah blah
anything to stay in the spotlight…

So Scar has some adivce about exercise, She has said she doesn’t need to exercise herself (and she has said this more than once) these idiots lie so much they can’t keep track of what they are saying. And we don’t need any advice from a tramp who gets tested for std’s all the time and thinks monogamy is “unnatural”. What a WHHore.

Identified @ 04/13/2009 at 2:42 pm

yea yea yea ..
enjoy the world of everyday changing minds !!
gee .. celebrities are weird !!

After reading the whole article I must admit that I mistakenly believed the hype about Scarlett loosing lots of weight, I can imagine that she’s lost enough for the public to notice a difference- for the upcoming movie though. Judging from the full article she still stands by her usual statements about unhealthy body images and she might not have become rail-thin so I’ll give her cred for that and for her mentioning NEDA.
Now, I’ll continue spending my time on more things that matter in this world (instead of watching gossip/celebrity sites too much..).

ganymede30324 @ 04/13/2009 at 3:10 pm

Blah, blah, blah. The only things about Scarlett that anyone is interested in have nothing to do with exercise, and would perhaps be diminished by too much. Still, I guess there’s really nothing else she can appear to be ‘expert’ in, e.g. ‘acting’, so there’s got to be something to justify more pics.

Gary Peterson @ 04/13/2009 at 4:23 pm

NANCY: Your comments seem to be authored by a cynical, lazy person with a limited attention span and intellect. A person who is UGLY on the inside. Do you listen to yourself? I’m curious if you ever take a moment, look back at what you’ve written and think to yourself, “wow, I’m an awful, anemic person, with little or no self esteem.” Do you?

yawn who cares
i believe that u should love urself but ive seen some girls and even guys that r big as **** and they think they’re hot ****
thats why i dont support the theory that all ppl come in dif sizes, their is an appropriate size mostly
not big nor skinny

scarlett sometimes look pretty but other times she look so fugly.

GARY: ANEMIC ? where the fucck are you pulling that from? your ass probably just like the rest of your comments , because if you were using what left of your brain you reallize that GOSSIP BLOGS are just that. Loosen up moron, by the way scarlet is not going to suck your toothpick so give it up loser.

nancy's ex @ 04/13/2009 at 7:43 pm

Wow Nancy. Your response to Gary truly has demonstrated both your depth and intellectual capacity. Impressive.

Gary Peterson @ 04/13/2009 at 7:52 pm

NANCY, if you keep dry-heaving all over your keyboard, you just might prove some of my other points too. You seem like a very happy person. Congratulations.

Losing weight, having a new nose job.

and there is no such thing as “natuarlly skinny”. Being thin means you eat x and use x for energy. That’s all.

That’s great, Scarlett. Now if someone can teach you to act, then you’ll really be onto something.

Scarlett is an idiot nobody see’s her movies and nobody care about her average looks.

Words of wisdom from the invisable air head. There are some really beautiful women in hollywood but she is not one of them. Considering she has no kids and has all they money to do these things for herself , it makes her look like a jerk telling people with busy lives how much time they can take to try to look like her.

The jealousy here is hilarious! Compare and contrast the idiotic comments in this gossip rag website with those comments on HP and you will see what you idiots are like. Stick to your fads, tirades and jealous ways losers. Scarlett is better than you and will always be better than you.

Calling someone a ***** – someone you don’t know – shows your intellect. Get some class, morons.

The Huffington Post? Give me a break. Next…

Gary Peterson @ 04/14/2009 at 6:55 pm

Joe,
Did you read the article? CAN your actually read?

Gary Peterson @ 04/14/2009 at 6:55 pm

Joe,
Did you read the article? CAN your actually read?

She’s completely right in everything she has said!

@liz k:
Even the deepest person will sometimes address issues that are less than deep. Get over yourself.