Oprah Posts Her First Twitter Message

Oprah Posts Her First Twitter Message

Oprah Winfrey published her first tweet on Friday’s live episode of The Oprah Winfrey Show.

Her first tweet was in all caps: “HI TWITTERS. THANK YOU FOR A WARM WELCOME. FEELING REALLY 21st CENTURY.”

Her second tweet was a reply to late-night talk show host Jimmy Fallon (@jimmyfallon), who had twittered her telling her that he was at a photo shoot at a deli. Oprah wrote, “hi jimmy order a reuben for me.”

Yesterday, Ashton Kutcher beat out CNN in the Twitter race to reach 1,000,000 followers. He promised to buy 10,000 mosquito nets for World Malaria Day. Even though CNN lost, they too will be donating 10,000 mosquito nets.

Oprah also jumped on the bandwagon, telling Demi Moore via Twitter: “@mrskutcher count me in for 20,thousand nets.”

Mike Coppola/Getty
  • Rihanna reunites with her ex-boyfriend Drake in NYC- US Weekly
  • Jackie Chan is ashamed of his son after weed bust in China- TMZ
  • Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson rocky romance rumors completely false- Gossip Cop
  • Ariana Grande streams four new songs from her upcoming album- Just Jared Jr
  • Sin City co-director Frank Miller remembers Brittany Murphy- Huffington Post
  • Johnny Depp's daughter Lily Rose is heading to the big screen- Lainey Gossip
  • Selena Gomez kills the fashion game yet again- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All
Stephanie @ 04/17/2009 at 1:22 pm

Go, O!
@staceystorey

wow smart PR

I love her charity work and donations. Love that as a woman and a Black woman she built an empire in a male dominated industry, however, I honestly do not like her show, nor do I like it when she interviews celebrities, she comes across as fake. I know i’m probably gonna get jumped on for my opinion, but it’s just that…my opinion

Roxanne it is your opinion and that of others also. O sold out long ago. I appreciate her dedication to charity and being a selfmade woman but the black community was dissed by O long ago. Her show comes on the same time as Ellen, guess which one I watch?

hoodpunishers @ 04/17/2009 at 3:14 pm

thats a wonderful thing what they are doin, god bless them all. i promise 2 help once i make it , i will work hard 2 help change ppl life. when i seehow selfishless ppl are it makes me want 2 b apart of the movement & make it so bad..

ganymede30324 @ 04/17/2009 at 3:38 pm

Good for her for putting the ‘Twit’ back in ‘Twitter’! It’s harder to eat when your hands are busy. Who am I kidding? She can hire people to feed her…and to tweet!

Anna, I would rather watch Ellen also.

I just think it’s amazing that instead of wasting their money on useless things, since they have so much of it, they put it towards a worthy cause. Big Ups to Harpo!!!

@cangrichika

What a stupid fat ****

Auntie ann @ 04/17/2009 at 4:54 pm

I don’t understand why oprah is thought to be so great . I’ve stopped watching her show and reading her magazine a long time ago. I don’t have time, nor the stomach, to watch self serving celebrities talk about how great they are, how much they’ve done, and share their political opinions.

i have yet 2 watch one of her shows
she comes out with a fake personality 2 me
feeling 21st century? really….?
as long as she doesnt become a big of a loser like ashton
who ******* probably spent all day yesterday trying 2 be cnn

Oprah is always thinking about food. Sad!

Roger ebert @ 04/17/2009 at 9:41 pm

Get a life, idiots.

Of course she couldn’t just buy them the nets, she had to get on twitter and announce it. I’ve always thought she seemed so fake, I’m glad to know I’m not the only one!

I think it’s pretty pathetic that Ashton Kutcher and CNN are only donating 20,000 mosquito nets and that Oprah beat them both with her donation. I mean really, I always purchase them through a work program and they are less that $5 each. Maybe they should do some good with their millions instead of twitting about how great they are.

Now all that remains is a case of ding-dong-dutch
to Mister Turner and to tell Larry King that “I told you such”
i guess the moral of the story is I’d get more views
writing about Ashton Kutcher rather than about news

To hear me sing my full summary, watch:

Jeanne asensio @ 04/18/2009 at 7:21 am

I enjoy MOST of Oprah’s shows. I admire her for overcoming her childhood and becoming a caring, giving person. I’v learned a lot by watching her show.

Shemp lugosi @ 04/18/2009 at 7:39 am

Great, she’s found a new outlet for her self-aggrandizement. When is she going to JUST GO AWAY?!!!

Oprah who?

OPrahisstillrelevant? @ 04/19/2009 at 12:00 pm

When you watch the Oprah show now, it is so obvious in her eyes that she doesn’t want to be there anymore. She is tired of the business and wants to take her money and run. I have no problem with that. I think she should quit because it is better than sitting with families crying all around her and pretending, on national TV, that she still cares for anything other than herself.

Twitter is retarded and I can’t wait for everyone else to finally come to that realization.

Ellen is wayy cooler!!!!!!

Oprah Winfrey published her first tweet and now, it is so obvious in her eyes that she doesn’t want to be there anymore.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All