Channing Tatum To Eclipse Twilight?

Channing Tatum To Eclipse Twilight?

Channing Tatum is being touted as bad-boy vampire Riley in Eclipse, the third in Stephenie Meyer’s four-book Twilight series.

“There’s a very big battle at the end with Riley, and I think Channing would do that so well,” Twilight and New Moon screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg, who is currently writing the Eclipse script, tells E!’s Marc Malkin. “And there are some complexities to that character. He really is tragic. He’s a puppet for Victoria [bad-girl vampire played by Rachelle Lefevre]. So he has to break your heart a little bit at the end when he realizes that she doesn’t want him. Channing could do that beautifully.”

The 29-year-old actor has his new flick, Fighting, in theaters NOW.

DO YOU THINK Channing would make a good vampire — YAY or NAY?

Photos: WENN
Posted to: Channing Tatum

• Heidi Montag congratulates Lauren Conrad on her wedding - US Weekly
  • August Alsina collapses during a performance- TMZ
  • Sharon Osbourne blasts U2 for their free album- Gossip Cop
  • Luke Perry has joined the cast of CSI: Cyber- Entertainment Weekly
  • Martha Stewart slams Gwyneth Paltrow- Huffington Post
  • Read a review of Keira Knightley's new film Laggies- Lainey Gossip
  • Jerry Seinfeld honors Joan Rivers at an award show- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Cora Keegan shows off her bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 » Show All

Hmm…I’d have to say no…I think he could do it. But i dont think he suits the character.

Sarah May @ 04/28/2009 at 3:50 am

yes please!

SORRY DOESNT SUIT THE ROLE!!! @ 04/28/2009 at 4:13 am

I think his a good actor. But I dont think he suits the role. Physically his too bulky for the character. He’ll be as big as Emmet.

@SORRY DOESNT SUIT THE ROLE!!!:

I agree!!!!!!
People are saying his only a tiny character but…it would ruin the vibe. His not suppose to be as big as Emmett or bigger!!

Channing def doesnt suit the role at all. Perhaps try him for another character.

SORRY DOESNT SUIT THE ROLE!!! @ 04/28/2009 at 4:19 am

@Kirsty:

EXACTLY!

Absolutely YAY!

He looks nothing like a vamp.

LOL u people are so childish… “hes ugly, he dosent look like a vampire…honestly how 3rd grade is that! Channing is a good actor, hes done some great work (A Guide To Recgonizing Your Saints being one of them), hes got GI Joe coming and Dear John, hes worked with some of the most well known actors out there and has quite a line up on future films…if all that means he cant act then Hollywood should just shut itself down. Channing may not be perfect for the role because he is older but hes good looking, has more then enough talent for a film like this and I honestly dont think it would kill his career, only boost it. Its not for us to decide anyway and nothing is even set in stone…he may very well turn it down for bigger and better things!!

haha, i’d be pretty damn stoked if channing signed on to the film.

JACKINABOX @ 04/28/2009 at 11:26 am

I read all 4 books so I hope that my opinion counts. Riley’s character should be a young actor. Channing Tatum always played a role where he shows off his muscles and all. Don’t get me wrong he looks great, although not for this part. Also to add which I believe is important is that in “Twilight” almost all the characters were B-List actors except for Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson, which are rising stars. That is what makes this movie special. To add all the characters that were chosen for “New Moon” might ruin the movie because they are “type-cast” like Jason Alexander as George Costanza in the show “Seinfeld”. Please keep it simple for the next 3 movies because the first was a blast for the fans, although one thing will be different and that is more graphics which will also be great. Thanks

JACKINABOX @ 04/28/2009 at 11:29 am

OH, forgot to say NAY

tini_germany @ 04/28/2009 at 12:02 pm

nooo!He’s hot but as riley …nope!

zanessa/Twilight fan @ 04/28/2009 at 12:14 pm

Yay!
I Am so excited for this movie!
and the last one
Breaking Dawn!!
OMG
it`s gonna be great!

Alliicceee @ 04/28/2009 at 12:27 pm

no. heck no. please no! o_o idk. i dont think he’s good for the role of riley. i imagined riley a bit younger lookinhg.

i agree with celia! i’m sick of this thing! twilight, twilight X(

i think it could turn out great or not!
he’s sooooo damn HOT and he looks like a vampire but i just can’t see him doing this role.

i thought riley was supposed to be a small guy… kind of childish actually… and channing is too much of a male to be playing riley…but that’s my opinion.. it would ruin my version of riley, but yeah.. its such a small part, it doesnt even really matter… i’d like the movie anywayz

i’m really looking forward to breaking dawn btw, its awesome. my fave!

No not Channing. How about Chris Pine? Seriously, or Hayden Christenson

No, no, no, no, NO. Absolutely NOT! No offense to any Channing Tatum fans, I just don’t think he would fit the part well. It’s not a matter of fame whatsoever…I don’t feel like it has to be someone famous at all…I mean come on, we didn’t really know the cast that well before Twilight.

i love parks @ 04/28/2009 at 3:39 pm

I kind of hope not, he’s too hot. I was so excited when I heard Cam Gigandet was in Twilight, but the vampire makeup really does nothing for him… I don’t want Channing getting fug-ified like that! :(

Christopher @ 04/28/2009 at 4:16 pm

I think he is WAY too old to play Riley. Not saying he is old in the normal sense of the word, but to play the raging newborn vampire that is described in the book, he just doesn’t have the look for it.

my baby!!!!!!!!!!!!! hell yea…!!!!!!

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 » Show All