David Cook's Brother Dies Of Cancer

David Cook's Brother Dies Of Cancer

American Idol champ David Cook‘s older brother Adam has passed away after an 11-year battle with brain cancer.

David announced the sad news about his 36-year-old brother on Sunday at the Race for Hope 5K fund-raising race in Washington D.C.

“Like everybody here, I’m affected by this disease,” he told the crowd at the event, which raised money to support finding a cure for brain cancer. “I actually lost my brother yesterday to a brain tumor and I couldn’t imagine being anywhere else right now. I lost one today, but I gained 9,000, and I will be here every year that they will have me.”

• A Panthers NFL player has been deactivated for domestic abuse - TMZ
  • Charles Barkley is defending Adrian Peterson - Gossip Cop
  • Nolan Gould is all grown up on Modern Family - Just Jared Jr
  • Martha Stewart is slamming Gwyneth Paltrow - Huffington Post
  • What do you think of Emma Stone's LBD? - Lainey Gossip
  • An Amy Winehouse statue was erected in London - The Hollywood Reporter
  • Alessandra Ambrosio's legs are so long - Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

AWWWW rest in peace , cancer is evil

celebrityobsessed. @ 05/03/2009 at 9:41 pm

Awww :(
Sad news.

Rest in peace, Adam.

thats really awful

best wishes to him and his family

Sadness.
My condolences to him and his family.

Garnetstar @ 05/03/2009 at 10:05 pm

RIP Adam. thoughts and prayers got out to his family.

heart breaking video of David announcing the passing of his brother

He tries to be funny but he can’t hold back the sadness

36 is too young to die, man or woman. It’s the prime of life and to lose everything? It’s tragedy. Stand up to cancer, people. We need a cure and we need real progress. Donate to cancer research programs and raise the flag in your neighborhood to clean up contaminated sites, air quality, water quality and public health. All these factors have been proven to raise cancer risk. We can save thousands of lives this way.

RIP Adam. My prayers are with David and his family.

I was a David Archie fan and didn’t like David Cook, but this is so sad!!! :( RIP Adam Cook, only good thoughts to the family.

Lexi Blackman @ 05/03/2009 at 10:12 pm

I lost my mom to brain cancer I know how you feel David!

Deepest condolences…. RIP Adam Cook

Sadness.
My condolences to him and his family. [2]

andamentothat @ 05/03/2009 at 10:20 pm

Deepest condolences.. David .. Stay strong.

thats so sad, no one deserves that !

=’(

RIP ADAM COOK

Very sad. My condolences.
What a beautiful thing David did today, running with those survivors and fighters… as an inspiration to fight cancer!
Lets all unite against cancer.

Very sad when the latest data suggests this may be a thing of the past.Take a look at http://www.vitaminD3world.com for the the latest data on vitamin d and cancer prevention and possibly treatment as well.

RIP Adam
My prayers are with David and his family

David my prayers are with you and your family. You´re always be my Idol. I love you…best wishes…

zanessa4everrr! @ 05/03/2009 at 11:18 pm

OMG this is so sad.
i wasnt expecting this
my heart goes out to david and his family
RIP Adam Cook

zanessa4everrr! @ 05/03/2009 at 11:18 pm

OMG this is so sad.
i wasnt expecting this
my heart goes out to david and his family
RIP Adam Cook

cathygooey @ 05/03/2009 at 11:38 pm

Sorry to hear of your loss. You and Adam inspired many.

R.I.P Adam…David and family, you are in my thoughts.

I am a survivor, so David you have 9,001 now =)

Cancer sucks…awful murderous disease…

VICTORIA # 1 @ 05/04/2009 at 12:29 am

Sorry for your loss also, ” LEXI.” Adam adored his brother and tried to come to as many concerts as he could. That was a long and hard battle he fought, and now he is at peace.
Agree ” G “, Number # 8. When my second son passed away from leukemia at the age of 9.5, St. Jude Hospital in Memphis, Tn. asked all those questions about the environment. Like, ” do we use well water “, ” how far do we live from an industrial site” ” list all of your cleaning products ” ” did we own a cat “, ” did we live on a farm “, ” did our children play in a lake or river “, ” or eat fish caught in these lakes or rivers “…They were desperate for answers.
At that time ( 1980′s ) Louisiana was the Number 1 state for childhood cancers. Most cancers WERE states from the south…Who knows? The water ? One Doctor thought so.
Did NOT mean to lecture or scare, so I apologize. This is such a scarey illness. Please help and donate in your area to fight childhood and adult cancers of any type, before it strikes someone you love and adore. Remember, it is not contagious, and most of the time, it does NOT run in the family. Get out and fight this, please.
God Bless you and your family David !!!!

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All