Maggie Gyllenhaal & Peter Sarsgaard Get Married

Maggie Gyllenhaal & Peter Sarsgaard Get Married

Maggie Gyllenhaal and Peter Sarsgaard finally tied the knot and got married in Italy last Saturday (May 2).

Maggie‘s rep confirmed the wedding, saying, “We are happy to confirm that Maggie and Peter were married on Saturday, May 2.”

Maggie, 31, and Peter, 38, have a 2 1/2 year-old daughter named Ramona and live in Brooklyn, New York. The lovely pair has been dating for over seven years!

Maggie‘s brother, Jake Gyllenhaal and his girlfriend, Reese Witherspoon were in attendance for the wedding.

Getty
  • Lisa Kudrow completed her jury duty in one day- TMZ
  • Watch the new music video for Hunter Hayes' song "Tattoo"- Just Jared Jr
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

I’m very happy for them. I hope they continue to have a happy life together. I wonder why they waited so long but maybe they were waiting for the right time to make it official.

Good for them, he was so cute in Man in the Iron mask.

LolaSvelt @ 05/04/2009 at 1:22 pm

Congratulations to the happy couple!

It’s about time.

whortensia @ 05/04/2009 at 1:48 pm

Have to wonder how long it will last. Her parents appeared to be married forever and then suddenly they divorced after many years of marriage. Jakey still has to tie the knot with someone; certainly it won’t be Austin. But I suspect with Reese there is pre-nup issues at stake, although of course I don’t know for sure. I don’t think she wants to expose herself to another costly payout.

What, no pictures of Jake and his beard at the wedding? Congratulations to Maggie and Peter not only on your wedding, but on not being a party to your brother’s lying and fame-whoring.

a total fan @ 05/04/2009 at 2:04 pm

Congrats!

@dee dee:
there are pics of Reese, Jake and his mother ciclying in Italy and of J and R being all loved up and so on,…they are posted in some of Jake’s fansites, it looks as if they were doing a commercial, the whole thing looks just too perfect to be true, but that is just my opinion….just a comment,guys.

Congrats to the newlyweds.

FASCINATING—SO—WHO ARE THEY AND HOW ARE THEY DIFFERENT ? WHY SO MUCH PUB. ABOUT PEOPLE I N THE PUBLIC EYE SO TO SPEAK NEWS—MONEY—ETC. ???? MY GOSH ! JE

@JOAN ELLISON:
Well done, I agree with you. They are no different to any of us and definitelly no better. Just because they are in the public eye? They f*art, s*hit, b*urp, eat, sleep,……do exactly the same as we do, so wtf?

I <3 them as a couple! So cute!! Congrats :)

@pecador:

For someone thats “just saying” you sure spends a lot of time at Jake fansites.
Anyway this is about Maggie and Peter, Many congratulations..

Yes, I do, because I’m a fan of Jake and I like a lot of his movies, although DD, BBM and The Good Girl are my favourites(I’m hopefull for Brothers,too). I also can comment on his pics and relationship if I want to,same as you do and everybody else here does, have you got a problem with that? At least I give my opinion and let others give theirs. Clear now?

They dont look good and they look old.

Congratulations!
Let’s hope Jake Gyllenhaal will soon dump his smug beard Reese Witherspoon – that would be another reason to celebrate.

nice and down to earth couple. Congratulations!

whortensia @ 05/04/2009 at 3:30 pm

Pecador, yes you know the best Jake pictures, in part, but you forget October Sky that was very good, and Bubble Boy that was good too in a very goofy way. As with a lot of aging movie stars his charm diminishes as he gets older. By the way, I read somewhere that as part of the parents’ divorce settlement only Mama can be photographed with the kids; Papa no. Have little idea why. Perhaps because it makes Mama look better: kids side with her.

I think that is stupidy get marriade with a small daughter in other side of world. It must be terrible for the child travel so long.
The city that they were is ugly and dirty too!
Europa has wonderful place to make turism but not this place!
It is the negative mentality whose bring the people whose are negative to this kind of place too!

whortensia @ 05/04/2009 at 3:38 pm

To expand a bit on my prior comment. Jake as a mature adult is not nearly as charming as he was playing a teen or very young man. His mature self is okay, but harder and more matter of fact and not always somebody you’d like to hang out with. His adult roles have not been all that fetching either. When he acts he is basically just being himself and his present self lacks the charm his more youthful self had in abundance. He may not enjoy acting as much either, and it shows.

Now, I think he only cares about Reese’s crack.

se, you should then live in that place, since you appear to have the most negative mentality of all.

money and PR wh0ring @ 05/04/2009 at 4:22 pm

“Now, I think he only cares about Reese’s crack.”
Yeah, right.
Jake Gyllenhaal does NOT care about Reese Witherspoon’s saggy behind or any other part.
Jake only cares about using paparazzi and the beard to sell “I’m 100%straight” image and making a lot of money doing movies like “Prince of Persia”.

money and PR wh0ring @ 05/04/2009 at 4:24 pm

“Now, I think he only cares about Reese’s crack.”
Yeah, right.
Jake only cares about using paparazzi and the beard to sell “I’m 100% straight” image, and about making a lot of money doing movies like “Prince of Persia”.

@money and PR wh0ring:
ok,mate, calm down, you don’t have to post twice, once was enough. Thanks for the attention. Bye.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All