Chris Hemsworth is Thor Thor Thor!

Chris Hemsworth is Thor Thor Thor!

Aussie actor Chris Hemsworth has been chosen to play thunder god Thor in Marvel Studios’s live-action film due out in theaters on May 20, 2011.

Thor will be directed by Kenneth Branagh (Much Ado About Nothing, Sleuth). Daniel Craig reportedly turned down the lead role of Thor.

For more scoop, check out Nikki Finke!

Hemsworth, 25, is best known for playing the father of Captain Kirk (Chris Pine) in the opening scenes of Star Trek, in theaters now.

WHAT DO YOU THINK of Chris Hemsworth as Thor — YAY or NAY?

P.S. Chris‘s equally-as-handsome younger brother Liam Hemsworth was recently as Miley Cyrus‘s love interest in The Last Song.

chris hemsworth thor 01
chris hemsworth thor 14
chris hemsworth thor 15

• Big Brother Season 8 winner Evel Dick Donato gets hit by a car- TMZ
  • Maitland Ward's dress is definitely something you can't miss- Huffington Post
  • Anais Zanotti shows off her body in a yellow bikini - Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 » Show All

Yay! for Chris! I’m happy for him!

yummy..... @ 05/16/2009 at 10:05 pm

He has gorgeous blue blue eyes, I’ve seen him in interviews and he’s so sexy, he reminds me of a young Brad Pitt only hotter!

goslingtwilightlover @ 05/16/2009 at 10:07 pm

He’s hot!

awww…yay for Chris. Good to see him doing well in the States :)

I am not familiar with him at all as an actor. I am going to see “Star Trek” tomorrow though, so I guess I will have a better idea after that. I do think he looks good for the character of Thor as far as his facial look. However, Thor is huge physically. He is just below Hulk scale. No offense to Lou Ferrigno, but the Hulk had to be done digitally to be close to what he is in the comics. Thor really needs someone with the size and physique of The Rock. Chris Hemsworth looks good for the face shots, but he looks small otherwise. Years ago, when “The 13th Warrior” came out, telling Crichton’s version of the Beowulf story, I thought the guy who play Bulwyf (however it was spelled) would have been a perfect Thor. I don’t know how he would have stacked up as an “actor”, but he had the perfect look, face, and size.

[~☆Fug Face Man!ston☆~] @ 05/16/2009 at 10:43 pm

daniel craig.. kevin mckidd..? huh? thor’s young and good looking, not old and melting.
i never heard of this dude but he has the looks for it.

HA! i haven’t heard from him since Home and Away…and that was like freakin 5 years ago..LOL! i thought he just disappeared out of nowhere! hope him the best though :)

wow he looks alot like chris pine! woohoo! ;)

Good God … he is just as lovely as Chris Pine . Welcome to the new HOT guys of Hollywood. Finally some new fresh hot guys . In love !!!

Why is MiHoley such a sl**?

Dont know who he is but he is easy on the eyes.

I’m from australia and chris used to be in the aussie drama “Home and Away”. He was a hottie then and he is still a hottie now :)

reverse roles @ 05/17/2009 at 2:14 am

I would have preferred to see him play the role of Captain Kirk rather than Pine………..so much hotter and sexier than Pine!

cool kim from home and away is doing well. who would had thought

Jooookes. He use to be on home and away.
he did a great job on star treck and he looks so much older now he doesnt have to longer blonde hair!

hes wayyyy hotttt!

OMG! how is it that american people always have to do movies about things they never had anything to do with. I mean THOR is a wiking God, He belongs to the old norse mythologi and not america, common u guys couldn’t you a least find a scandinavian one to play it so it at least seemed a bit real, considering that they will proberly speak english and not one of the old norse languages. I’m Danish and I bloody proud of it, so why do you have to ruin this for us, jeses man
it the same thing with the prince and me, it was about the danish and yet they spoke english through most of the movie only a few statist spoke danish. Keep it real folks! subtitles never hurt anyone!

i’m sure he’ll be great, but i was hoping Alex Skarsgard would do it.

i soooo hoped for Alexander Skarsgard to be Thor, at least they would have a Swedish guy then. But let´s the what Chris Hemsworth can do with the role.

Puh lease. @ 05/17/2009 at 1:00 pm

That’s an announced tragedy. Kenneth Branagh as the director and a no name as Thor. My god, it feels like Ang Lee’s (horrible, horrible, horrible) Hulk all over again.

Puh lease. @ 05/17/2009 at 1:03 pm

It seems Marvel ALWAYS wants to screw up the first time* so they can spend millions on a reboot years later.

*Iron Man is an exception.

This looks like an interesting movie. I wonder if the special effects will be any good. Super hero films are always difficult to make, especiallyw ith an unknown star.

omg thats Kim from Home and Away ( Australia TV) haha wow hes looking stunning go luck to him in hollywood

I approve! He looks like a real man. And plus, he isn’t an albino like Kevin McKidd.

@better director please: Hey moron. They’re not doing a technicolor Spiderman movie. Thor is going to be like Lord of The Rings meets The Chronicles of Narnia.

Goodlooking guy thats for sure!!!

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 » Show All